LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

camp or a school sleep over as A bedwetter

oldwetter66

I went on a school field trip when I was in elementary school. we left Friday afternoon and got picked up on a Sunday morning. I remember mom talking to my teacher about the worries she and I had about going due to being a bed wetter and also sometimes having daytime accidents. the teacher was very understanding. she even gave ideas of how to make it less embarrassing for me.  I wore diapers during the night and pads during the day. in the morning I would just in bed until all kids left the room. I was wondering why me and one other kids stayed behind and didn't get up out of bed. I figured out why when he and I got out of our sleeping bags.  we where both standing their in just a diaper and made me feel better that I was not the only one. we changed and went off to meet the other kids. when it came time to go back to the cabin for the night he and I where sent first. we got back to the cabin put on our night time underwear and got in our sleeping bags before the other children got to the cabin.

• 3 weeks later...

I got sent to sports camp for 2 weeks every summer for 3 years after the later grades in elementary school and the first year of high school. The first 2 years I got assigned to the special needs cabin where there were vinyl covered mattresses but I hated it because we were labelled as bedwetters because that was the main reason for the cabin. The last year though I convinced my mom not to check the special needs box and at first things went well until the end of the first week when we had a long hike and then a big bonfire and hotdog roast and lots of soda pop to drink. I woke up the next morning in a soaked sleeping bag and tried to hide it and get one of the coach/counsellors to help me clean up. But the other boys quickly found out. It was really embarassing and I was teased although a camper in another cabin had a bedwetting accident a couple nights later and that took some of the attention off me.

• 4 months later...
On 12/20/2018 at 11:18 PM, oldwetter66 said:

Did anyone go to camp or a bedwetter camp as A kid or a school sleep over or class trip?

As A kid I did not wet past 4.But I did read the bedwetter and she said she went on a class trip and  a lot of camps

I was going back over older posts today and was surprised this topic didnt get more responses. For those of us who grew up bedwetting camping and sleepovers were a big concern. Maybe the memories are just too difficult for lots of people? 

I didn't stay at friends houses much because I would occasionally wet the bed. I usually said no and made an excuse if I had to. I did stay at ones friends house a couple times after mom stopped diapering me for bed, but I don't remember much about those. But by the fifth grade I had a couple of really good friends. I rarely had wet the bed at this point and really wanted to sleep over. I stayed with one friend twice and all went well. It was a blast! Then my other one invited me over and I was more confident. So I went. It was fun that night and we stayed up late. Now over tired I wet the bed. His bed. Not a total flood but enough. I laid in bed and waited for the right moment and slipped out and got dressed. We got called for breakfast and I stuffed my wet stuff in my bag. We immediately went out to play after. Later when we came in his mom had made the bed. She looked at me a little strange but never said a word. I would venture to say she had spoke to my mom but don't know. My friend never found out. That was my last sleep over. A year later we did a class trip. I dreaded every night but I did stay dry the whole week.

I went to camp every year from the age of 7 through 13.  Was pretty much an every night bedwetter until the age of 11-12 and then more often than not. When I first started at camp I met a number of similarly challenged kids.  All of the moms had to complete a questionaire and if the bedwetting box was checked, the camps made an effort to group them together somewhat. At least it seemed that way since there were a couple of "accidents" in our cabin every night and the effort got spread around.  Pretty much all of the kids wore pull-ups and many (including me) also wore plastic pants under our PJs.  It was all pretty discrete, but once we all figured out we had similar issues, not a big deal.  Each year at camp our numbers kind of dwindled since kids were either getting over their BW or doing it a lot less.  By the time I was 13, I am pretty sure it was only me and a good camp friend still bedwetting with any regularity. However, even then it was not unusual for someone to have an accident-probably a real accident this time-during the two weeks of camp.  The bottom line is there are more teen age  boys than one might think who still have the occasional BW issue.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, iampadded said:

I went to camp every year from the age of 7 through 13.  Was pretty much an every night bedwetter until the age of 11-12 and then more often than not. When I first started at camp I met a number of similarly challenged kids.  All of the moms had to complete a questionaire and if the bedwetting box was checked, the camps made an effort to group them together somewhat. At least it seemed that way since there were a couple of "accidents" in our cabin every night and the effort got spread around.  Pretty much all of the kids wore pull-ups and many (including me) also wore plastic pants under our PJs.  It was all pretty discrete, but once we all figured out we had similar issues, not a big deal.  Each year at camp our numbers kind of dwindled since kids were either getting over their BW or doing it a lot less.  By the time I was 13, I am pretty sure it was only me and a good camp friend still bedwetting with any regularity. However, even then it was not unusual for someone to have an accident-probably a real accident this time-during the two weeks of camp.  The bottom line is there are more teen age  boys than one might think who still have the occasional BW issue.

I remember the bedwetters cabin. Back when I was young though there werent the kind of protection products there are today. When mom checked the bedwetting box we had to bring at least one extra sleeping bag and they hung the wet sleeping bags and pjs out to dry on a nylon rope behind the cabin every morning. At least the mattresses in the cabin were vinyl covered. But sometimes if it rained during the day the sleeping bags and pjs didn't get fully dry. There were usually a few accidents in the regular cabins and word about them got around the camp really fast. But the guys in the bedwetters or "special needs" cabin were usually treated differently like not being picked for teams. It wasn't fun. 

• Like 1

I had trouble staying dry until I was 8. Only had one accident since then, and that was at a scouting trip when I was twelve. Only my bunk made knew, and he didn't tell anyone. I was glad he didn't. I was a very shy kid that got picked on a lot through elementary and middle school. 

14 hours ago, rubbersheetmike said:

I remember the bedwetters cabin. Back when I was young though there werent the kind of protection products there are today. When mom checked the bedwetting box we had to bring at least one extra sleeping bag and they hung the wet sleeping bags and pjs out to dry on a nylon rope behind the cabin every morning. At least the mattresses in the cabin were vinyl covered. But sometimes if it rained during the day the sleeping bags and pjs didn't get fully dry. There were usually a few accidents in the regular cabins and word about them got around the camp really fast. But the guys in the bedwetters or "special needs" cabin were usually treated differently like not being picked for teams. It wasn't fun. 

I never remember being treated differently, although I was one of the biggest kids for my age.  But I do remember that all of the mattresses at the camp were vinyl covered, no mater what the cabin.  I clearly remember the more than occasional bedwetting at the other cabins. I kind of felt sorry for the 9 and 10 year olds in denial whose parents did not send them to camp with the proper "supplies". At our camp the beds, for the most part were made up with sheets and blankets, not sleeping bags. The peed sheets would get sent to camp laundry, but the blankets would be hanging on the line behind the cabin.

• 4 months later...

When I went to cub camp the bedwetters were all in one room together. We all knew each other wet the bed and all were put in nappies and plastic pants at night by one of the leaders. It was ok the first time as I was the youngest, but eventually I was the oldest there and all the other boys were sleeping with the boys who could keep their beds dry. Everyone knew why we had a desperate room, but not much fuss was made about it

• 3 weeks later...

I went several summers in 80's  Started out in BW cabin but at age 10 was in a regular cabin.  Thank God this camp protected all of their mattresses with plastic encasements since they probably did not want to single antyone out but also learned from experience that there are more juvenile BW than meet the eye.

On 11/3/2019 at 11:31 AM, Floater said:

I went several summers in 80's  Started out in BW cabin but at age 10 was in a regular cabin.  Thank God this camp protected all of their mattresses with plastic encasements since they probably did not want to single antyone out but also learned from experience that there are more juvenile BW than meet the eye.

Back when I was sent to summer sports camp they only had waterproof mattresses in the BW cabin. The rest had fairly thin cloth covered roll up mattresses that were put on top of wood slat cot sized beds. And we all slept in sleeping bags. They dried the wet sleeping bags over a heavy nylon line behind the row of cabins and the mattresses were leaned against an outbuilding to dry. After I had an accident in my last year at sports camp when I was assigned to a regular cabin they at least gave me a spare heavily stained but dry mattress to use but I had to put up with the damp sleeping bag that didnt fully dry in a single day. Your right though that there are more bedwetters than meets the eye. In my three years at camp there were BW accidents in the regular cabins every year. Word about these accidents spread quickly.

• Like 1

I was so glad that even in the "regular" cabins, my mother sent me with several pairs of really thick underwear (teenage training pants) and rubber pants.  I used to clandestinely put them on inside my sleeping  bag.  On nights where I had an accident, I used to place the wet pants and rubberpants in a plastic bag and leave them in my sleeping bag.  You would then tell your counselor who would get them laundered where they would be returned to you inside your sleeping bag that evening.  To my knowledge I was never outed in 3 years of doing this.  During that time I had many wet nights.

On 11/12/2019 at 9:20 AM, Floater said:

I was so glad that even in the "regular" cabins, my mother sent me with several pairs of really thick underwear (teenage training pants) and rubber pants.  I used to clandestinely put them on inside my sleeping  bag.  On nights where I had an accident, I used to place the wet pants and rubberpants in a plastic bag and leave them in my sleeping bag.  You would then tell your counselor who would get them laundered where they would be returned to you inside your sleeping bag that evening.  To my knowledge I was never outed in 3 years of doing this.  During that time I had many wet nights.

Back when I went to camp we didn't have luxury not to be outed as bedwetters. Those who were in the BW (special needs) cabin were assumed to be there for that and those in the regular cabins couldnt usually hide accidents. The best thing for me was that in my final year there one of the best athletes and most popular campers peed the bed a day after I did it. That took a lot of the heat off. We also didn't have the luxury of daily laundry. They did a run to a laundromat in a nearby town once a weekend and you could ask for your soiled PJs to be done but otherwise everything was just air dried.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, rubbersheetmike said:

Back when I went to camp we didn't have luxury not to be outed as bedwetters. Those who were in the BW (special needs) cabin were assumed to be there for that and those in the regular cabins couldnt usually hide accidents. The best thing for me was that in my final year there one of the best athletes and most popular campers peed the bed a day after I did it. That took a lot of the heat off. We also didn't have the luxury of daily laundry. They did a run to a laundromat in a nearby town once a weekend and you could ask for your soiled PJs to be done but otherwise everything was just air dried.

If you peed with any regularity, your bed/sleeping bag must have been pretty "ripe" by the end of the session.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2019 at 5:39 PM, Floater said:

If you peed with any regularity, your bed/sleeping bag must have been pretty "ripe" by the end of the session.

By the time I got to stay in a regular cabin which was my last year I was dry at night over 90 percent of the time. I convinced my mother not to tick the bedwetters box on the application and she reluctantly agreed. But I had two accidents that year the first about a week in and the last one a couple days before leaving.

On 11/27/2019 at 9:34 AM, rubbersheetmike said:

By the time I got to stay in a regular cabin which was my last year I was dry at night over 90 percent of the time. I convinced my mother not to tick the bedwetters box on the application and she reluctantly agreed. But I had two accidents that year the first about a week in and the last one a couple days before leaving.

That is about right then.  A couple of bedwettings during a 2 or  3 week session