LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Anyone have back issues that caused their problems.

I wonder if this sounds familiar. My problems have started with my back hurting a lot and feeling bloated constipated and needing to pee literally all of the time. I am always a little damp too.

When I rub on my lower back I sometimes feel my tummy moving poo properly and I can make a poo. I have to massage the right spot. But even if I take l dulcolax it kills my back to poo and my bladder Is always twinging 24/7.

TMI warning, I have also leaked poo sometimes. Not enough to soil my pants but having to go wipe every couple hours.

because all the pain I'm so depressed and have a hard time doing things like making appointments by myself. 

I have a ruptured L5-S1 disc that has caused problems for years. Over the summer, I hurt it really bad and have since had partial bladder and bowel incontinence. I have to wear a diaper to bed every night because I have started bed wetting the bed during my sleep and cannot make it to the bathroom on some mornings after I wake up and will wet and mess myself as a result. Anytime I leave home, I must wear a diaper because I only have about 2 minutes to get to a bathroom when I have to pee or else I will wet my pants. If I have to poop, I have about 3 to 5 minutes to get to a bathroom or else I will have a mess in my pants. Luckily, I normally poop in the morning while I am at home so the messing accidents have not happened while I am out and about, but the wetting accidents are a frequent problem.

I started having problems after hurting my back.  I notice fecal leakage first, only when it was pretty soft.  Gradually, my ability to hold urine also declined.  I started having overactive bladder about three years ago, but don't know if that is related, however, the weakened ability to hold the urine back made it worse.  I now use a condom cath in the day and a diaper at night.  I also use a rectal cup and rubber pants to help with the fecal problem.

I was involved in a serious car wreck and suffer from lower back and neck pain. I really think the seat belt caused something to make me want to void a lot more frequently and made me somewhat urinary incontinent as I can NOT hold it if I get the urge (Which is frequent now)

I was in a serious car wreck that broke 8 ribs, and a vertebra,  I also had bad bruising from the seatbelt around my abdomen.  I am now urge incontinent and also have some bowel issues sense my accident too.  Doctors diagnosis is OAB and nerve damage causing my issues.

I was blown off a trailer load of plastic pipe in 99... (I took the magic carpet ride) I broke my back (crushed L5 through L2 on the landing) I also crushed two in my neck the same time, my incontinence started from that, even though I've been a life long bed wetter... Yes it sucks, but life goes on. I work, I play, my wife is understanding, and I guess I've vltten used to it after all these years... September 9 of 19 will mark 20 years in diapers 24/7. For me anyway...

I suffered injuries in a car/semi accident back in 1998. I had several injuries including to my lower spine. As a result I have some permanent nerve damage where I have no feeling in parts of my body including my bladder. I lost the ability to control my bladder and I learned to function without being able to control when I release urine. In the 20 plus years since the accident my bladder has shrunk as it has no capacity and leaks in small amounts throughout the day. My condition was labeled as having a neurogenic bladder. I was told that surgery was not an option as there was a chance surgery could make things worse. It took a few years but wearing protection has become so much a part of my life that I seldom give it a second thought. I am able to do most of the things I used to do before the accident by wearing protection. 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Soggy Bottom Boy said:

I am able to do most of the things I used to do before the accident by wearing protection. 

This is called a "win" and I'm much the same- quite happy that my back hasn't yet failed me completely although that is possible at any time. I'm very careful to not over-stress it which limits me at work, but so far I've found ways to manage. 

Bettypooh

• 1 month later...

Since the back (spinal cord) contains the connections between motor (driving) neurons and the sensory pathways of the excretory process and the brain (the bit that makes all the decisions), any issue with ones back can cause incontinence. However, the reverse is surprisingly true. Incontinence can cause degeneration of nerve pathways due to lack of use. This has the side effect of causing pain within the spinal cord. Since degenerative behaviour is not accurate, it can also effect parallel nerve groups. One can notice this as tingling in the upper and/or lower limbs.

Back injury can cause incontinence AND incontinence can cause back injury. Unless you remember a back injury prior to the incontinence, it can be difficult to associate the incontinence as a result of back injury.

I can't tell you if my incontinence was from a back injury or visa-versa unless I get an autopsy performed on myself (medical science is not that accurate) .... but I am enjoying living too much.