LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Age demographics

Age demographic of the site.  

67 members have voted

1. 1. How old are the members of this site?

• 80-infinity
    • 70-79
    • 60-69
    • 50-59
    • 40-49
    • 30-39
    • 20-29
    • 18-19

Greetings fellow members, a few weeks ago I had finally turned eighteen and swiftly made an account on this forum. So far I haven't posted anything as my mental state appeared to not need this avenue of civil discourse. . .until now. One burning ice breaker for me has been the social facts of this digital grouping. In particular, how are the ages of its members distributed among the site?

Answer with honesty and if you do take the poll I give you my regards for partaking in it.

Given the actuall demographics. The largest number should be between 72 and 53. Millennials are way over-represented. There should be a whle lot more cloth diaper babies here. Also over-represented is the 80+ demo

There are so many things that can factor into some age groups having more of a diaper fetish.  Back in the 50's and 60's there were kids who wet the bed but there were no Goodnites and Pull-Ups.  Even pampers didn't come out until the late 60's with any type of presence in local stores.  Back then it was cloth diapers, plastic pants and cloth training pants.  They were bulkier and even though everyone knew some older kids in the 6 and 7 year old range wet the bed, it wasn't openly discussed on TV or in advertising like it is these days. Kids who had to wear diapers at an older age didn't want anyone to know, but I think having to wear diapers at that age turned a lot of them into diaper lovers when they got older.  I also believe with cloth diapers there was more incentive on both the part of the parents and the child to be potty trained.  Cloth diapers can feel more uncomfortable due to feeling wetter overall, and for the parents it's the idea of having to do all the laundry with washing diapers and hanging them out on the line to dry.  Many mothers in the 50's and 60's were stay at home moms who had the time to do potty training and take care of a house.

With the lifestyles in the late 60's and 70's, many of the baby boomers were growing up and mom's started working to help pay the bills or get that color TV or extra car.  Back in the 50's and 60's families usually had just one car.  As kids grew into teens, an extra car was often needed and as teens became more independent, mom had extra time on her hands and went back to work. Even those with young kids in the 70's found it to be a busy time and disposable diapers helped a lot.  No more washing diapers all the time and kids seemed to feel more comfortable in disposable diapers, especially as they started to get better and better.  It wasn't as important to have the kid potty trained at 18 or 22 months anymore like it was in the 50's with cloth diapers.  The age of potty training got pushed back to 2-1/2 and sometimes even 3 years old or older.  I think the older a toddler is and still in diapers, the more impression diapers make on them and then can develop a fetish for them, even at the age of 3 or 4 years old.

The fact is, these days not only do you have all kinds of disposable diapers for babies but the size of them now can fit an average 5 or 6 year old.  When companies make Pampers size 7 for older kids, there is a reason and a market for them.  I believe kids are trained at later ages and wear diapers longer than they did 50 years ago.  Disposable diapers make things more convenient than cloth diapers and parents who were toddlers themselves in the 1980's wore these same disposable diapers.  Now they are passing it down to their own kids and if they were in diapers at age 3, they probably put off toilet training their own kids until that age or later, especially if most of them work jobs and their kids spend their time at Day Care.

Not only do you have bigger size Pampers for older kids, but you now have Goodnites and Underjams for kids and teens who still wet the bed.  Even the old cloth training pants have been conveniently replaced with pull ups.  Everything is geared at convenience for older kids to have something to wear if they wet.  The incentives to get a child out of diapers quickly has changed with the available products on the market.  Even adult diapers!  In the late 1970's you couldn't find adult sized disposable diapers.  Maybe some old plastic pants in adult sizes tucked away in a corner of an old Mom and Pop drug store, but now days disposable adult diapers are everywhere and even pull on disposable underpants in adult sizes.

50+ years ago  some kids became AB or DL because they had to wear diapers for bedwetting or other issues, including being punished as older kids by being made to wear diapers in front of their friends by their abusive parents for wetting their bed.  These days with Goodnites and kids being trained at later ages due to the convenience of disposable diapers and Goodnites in every available size, that is a big influence on them.  Still in diapers at later ages will cause deep down desires.  Then you simply have all the products available to younger people, teens and people in their 20's.  They are in every store, all over the internet to purchase discreetly and conveniently, in adult sizes, shown on TV and magazine adds.  It's not hidden and not talked about like it was in the 60's and even 70's.  It's all out in the open and the products are made to sound like just a normal everyday item to be used.  Depend's Underwearness.  Goodnites for kids and teens who wet the bed.  The shame and stigma of long ago is slowly being taken out of the situation and it may still be a bit of a taboo fetish, but the younger people have opportunities to get these diapers and products that the older generation didn't.

I think we will see more and more people in their teens and 20's with this fetish for the simple fact that they have opportunities to purchase adult diapers, they probably wore something later in their childhood weather that be due to delayed potty training or wearing Goodnites to bed, and simply the fact that it's more open and accepted than it was 40 or 50 years ago for older kids and even adults to be wearing some protection or diaper.  Add social media to the mix and I think you will start seeing even more younger people into this fetish as time goes on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not quite there yet but, I figure I may as well call myself the next age bracket, even though I hate to do it.

I never thought I would see 70, but no good deed go's unpunished,  that is what I get for taking good care of my health and body.

I am 54, and boy do I wish, we had an internet, computers, tablets, etc, back when I was young! Would have made quite a few things much easier and better. I had to look through store catalogs, magazines, and secretly browse the baby isles in stores, to help fulfill my needs. 

10 hours ago, rusty pins said:

There are so many things that can factor into some age groups having more of a diaper fetish.  Back in the 50's and 60's there were kids who wet the bed but there were no Goodnites and Pull-Ups.  Even pampers didn't come out until the late 60's with any type of presence in local stores.  Back then it was cloth diapers, plastic pants and cloth training pants.  They were bulkier and even though everyone knew some older kids in the 6 and 7 year old range wet the bed, it wasn't openly discussed on TV or in advertising like it is these days. Kids who had to wear diapers at an older age didn't want anyone to know, but I think having to wear diapers at that age turned a lot of them into diaper lovers when they got older.  I also believe with cloth diapers there was more incentive on both the part of the parents and the child to be potty trained.  Cloth diapers can feel more uncomfortable due to feeling wetter overall, and for the parents it's the idea of having to do all the laundry with washing diapers and hanging them out on the line to dry.  Many mothers in the 50's and 60's were stay at home moms who had the time to do potty training and take care of a house.

With the lifestyles in the late 60's and 70's, many of the baby boomers were growing up and mom's started working to help pay the bills or get that color TV or extra car.  Back in the 50's and 60's families usually had just one car.  As kids grew into teens, an extra car was often needed and as teens became more independent, mom had extra time on her hands and went back to work. Even those with young kids in the 70's found it to be a busy time and disposable diapers helped a lot.  No more washing diapers all the time and kids seemed to feel more comfortable in disposable diapers, especially as they started to get better and better.  It wasn't as important to have the kid potty trained at 18 or 22 months anymore like it was in the 50's with cloth diapers.  The age of potty training got pushed back to 2-1/2 and sometimes even 3 years old or older.  I think the older a toddler is and still in diapers, the more impression diapers make on them and then can develop a fetish for them, even at the age of 3 or 4 years old.

The fact is, these days not only do you have all kinds of disposable diapers for babies but the size of them now can fit an average 5 or 6 year old.  When companies make Pampers size 7 for older kids, there is a reason and a market for them.  I believe kids are trained at later ages and wear diapers longer than they did 50 years ago.  Disposable diapers make things more convenient than cloth diapers and parents who were toddlers themselves in the 1980's wore these same disposable diapers.  Now they are passing it down to their own kids and if they were in diapers at age 3, they probably put off toilet training their own kids until that age or later, especially if most of them work jobs and their kids spend their time at Day Care.

Not only do you have bigger size Pampers for older kids, but you now have Goodnites and Underjams for kids and teens who still wet the bed.  Even the old cloth training pants have been conveniently replaced with pull ups.  Everything is geared at convenience for older kids to have something to wear if they wet.  The incentives to get a child out of diapers quickly has changed with the available products on the market.  Even adult diapers!  In the late 1970's you couldn't find adult sized disposable diapers.  Maybe some old plastic pants in adult sizes tucked away in a corner of an old Mom and Pop drug store, but now days disposable adult diapers are everywhere and even pull on disposable underpants in adult sizes.

50+ years ago  some kids became AB or DL because they had to wear diapers for bedwetting or other issues, including being punished as older kids by being made to wear diapers in front of their friends by their abusive parents for wetting their bed.  These days with Goodnites and kids being trained at later ages due to the convenience of disposable diapers and Goodnites in every available size, that is a big influence on them.  Still in diapers at later ages will cause deep down desires.  Then you simply have all the products available to younger people, teens and people in their 20's.  They are in every store, all over the internet to purchase discreetly and conveniently, in adult sizes, shown on TV and magazine adds.  It's not hidden and not talked about like it was in the 60's and even 70's.  It's all out in the open and the products are made to sound like just a normal everyday item to be used.  Depend's Underwearness.  Goodnites for kids and teens who wet the bed.  The shame and stigma of long ago is slowly being taken out of the situation and it may still be a bit of a taboo fetish, but the younger people have opportunities to get these diapers and products that the older generation didn't.

I think we will see more and more people in their teens and 20's with this fetish for the simple fact that they have opportunities to purchase adult diapers, they probably wore something later in their childhood weather that be due to delayed potty training or wearing Goodnites to bed, and simply the fact that it's more open and accepted than it was 40 or 50 years ago for older kids and even adults to be wearing some protection or diaper.  Add social media to the mix and I think you will start seeing even more younger people into this fetish as time goes on.

A momentous post that catches my heart with its rigor and informative specifications. I fall into that younger group of members with the internet possessing all needs sufficient for a lover of diapers.

17 hours ago, repetitivediaperwetter88 said:

Just turned 30 a month ago. apparently I am part of the 60% of people here that are 30-39. Crazy. 

I'm afraid that your post was premature and further information has put you in at this present moment at roughly 22%.

8 hours ago, Substantivalism said:

A momentous post that catches my heart with its rigor and informative specifications. I fall into that younger group of members with the internet possessing all needs sufficient for a lover of diapers.

I'm afraid that your post was premature and further information has put you in at this present moment at roughly 22%.

My Bad :blush: