LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

pull ups why not?

I know most people don't wear pull ups because they are not  absorbent enough and use  a diaper instead.  There are some pull ups that are pretty darn close.  But what is second or third reason?

I wear pull ups nearly all the time because they are so much cooler.  The one thing I don't like is the overall comfort like getting a wedgy (well ok I wear Always), leg gathers and padding, maybe even stiffness.

I am profoundly urinary incontinent. I must wear diapers 24/7. In 1990 I turned to AB play as a coping strategy. I grew up in pinned gauze diapers covered by Gerber vinyl panties.

So, as a responsible adult I wear the most discreet diapers possible when I am working. I do not know when I wet. I dribble constantly. For me pull-ups work just fine, as they do for many incontinent people. Clearly very few ABDL like pull-ups. Fortunately there are a lot of tape-on adult diapers available.

I never wear pull ups because I am partially bladder and bowel incontinent and they are not designed to hold or contain a full bladder or a bowel mess. The only thing designed to contain these issues is an all out adult diaper. Even with an adult diaper, it is highly recommended that you wear a good diaper cover over it to contain any leaks that will occasionally occur.

Although you can take a pullup off without taking your trousers etc off first, you can't put a fresh one on.  That's a pain when you're in a dirty public toilet, or in the middle of a muddy wood.  Hasn't stopped me so far though, although I only wear disposable pullups on long hikes these days.  My cloth pullups have side poppers too, so there's no problem with them.

• Like 2

I will occasionally wear a pull-up but changing them is a real PITA as already stated. A doubler pad is added to bring the capacity up to the trustable point, but then it is so heavy that it slides down my waist as it fills up. 

• Like 1

Pull-ups never fit me quite right, so I can't really wear them. However, because the tapes on diapers can pretty much go anywhere, I am able to get a good sung fit. Honestly, I've never felt the desire to wear pull-ups, so it doesn't bother me that I can't.

There's also the question of cost.  It might be different in your jurisdiction but here in Australia, a high quality pull-up seems to be around 25% - 30% more expensive per garment than an adult diaper (which holds more).  I've considered these for gym usage (as I'm planning some 24x7 time) but they are VERY expensive :-(

7 hours ago, LilLew said:

I haven't exactly checked, but I'm pretty sure I'm nowhere near petite enough to wear a pull-up.

It's a shame, too. Some of them are super cute

Have you tried using a convert-ups?

I use to wear pull-ups all the time except for nighttime because they were discreet but since finding diapers that don’t really make any noise I have been wearing diapers only. 

It's similar to the absorbency issue, but the fact that pull-ups have a much narrower crotch area and less prominent leak guards, so when you fully empty your bladder into them (which is what they're for, after all!) there's more chance of leaking than when you do the same thing in a nappy.

A lot depends on your reason for wearing.  If it's just for light bladder leakage once in a while, a pull on disposable under pant will probably work well enough.  If you wear with the idea of just wetting in them or messing in them when you need to go, they won't hold up.  They are not designed to hold full wetting or multiple wettings.  It's the difference in trying to haul a load of items in a sub compact car or an SUV with fold down seats and a back hatch.  Pull on disposable underwear are really designed to be worn all day for those drips and light bladder leakage and Stroller hit it right on the head.  You can take one off without undressing but you can't change into a new one without taking off your pants (women in skirts being the exception).

If you wear just for the feeling of something bulkier between your legs without the idea of using it for it's intended purpose, pull on disposable underwear would be good if the feeling works for you.  The fact is, they usually work well enough for those light bladder leaks people sometimes have, but most people here on this site are into an AB or DL diaper fetish and their purpose in wearing something is because they want to wear a diaper to look and feel like a baby, or they want to wear a diaper because they have a diaper fetish and they fully use their diapers to capacity for their intended use. Like the compact car and SUV, each are similar but both have different functions and one might possibly do in an emergency but the other would be far better to use for the situation intended.

• Like 2

When I first started with 24/7 stints and wearing out of the house a lot, I used pull ups . For a long time, Abriflex Level 3 pull ups were my go-to padded day wear, with diapers at night.  for a pull up, they're absorbent, so I didn't have to worry about changing after just one little wetting. I found they were comparable with the thinner/ cheaper cloth backed diapers.   From the pull ups, I experimented with thin, cloth backed disposables. Being a diaper, I thought the cheaper brands would be discrete + more absorbent than a pull up, but I ended up always going back to the Abena.   For longer day trips, I ended up having to change in public restrooms. I also had a few leaks (yay for black pants, great at hiding leaks!)  After running out of daytime diapers/ pull ups a few times and only having night time diapers- things like Dry 24/7s- I wore those out during the day for long shopping/ running around trips.  I was a little paranoid the first few times, but I also loved being able to run around all day not having to worry about my diaper leaking or changing my diapers in a public bathroom. Now my go-to day diapers are the Dry 24/7s, Rearz Inspire+Incontrol, and ABU Simple Ultra.

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting thread. I'm relatively new to disposables & I've been wondering whether to experiment with pull ups .

I'm thinking the advantages would be firstly they will be easier to put on & avoid the need to be fiddling around with landing strips.
Secondly some pull ups seem to be commonly on the shelves in UK supermarkets & big chain pharmacies whereas as diapers are more of a problem to source.
Finally perhaps & lot less noticeable to wear out & more comfortable to to walk around in before filling.

I did an online 'incontinence needs check' & some pull ups were coming up as suitable for both severe bladder & bowel incontinence.
But as some of you have suggested someone with medical incontinence issues may just drip & seep but as a hobby fun user I'm going to be trying to fill mine up as much as possible.
Also some pull ups are being advertised with a design which enables the wearer to rip them apart at the sides to open them up, so you don't necessary need pulling down after fulling using.
But I 'm guessing this is likely to be a terminal operation & there wouldn't be the option of opening them up for inspection & then putting them back on again, as can be done with cloth diapers & some disposables.

Despite the fiddle to put my disposable diaper slips on, which is getting easier with practice, the containment qualities have so far proved excellent & the prospect pee leaking out is a big concern of mine. From what people here are saying this seems to be much more of an issue with pull ups

Of course theorizing about this is no substitute for buying a pack & gaining some 1st hand experiences?

All pull ups can be ripped apart to take it off, but how to you put a new one on?   (Yes you have to undress..)

They are not less noticeable as I feel like they are more bulky/uneven and not always the same tight fit one can get with tape diapers, less noisy they are, but that is never a problem and in case, then you have cloth-like diapers

Only advantage pull-ups has is that they are easier to get (IF you fit into kid pull-ups they can be even easier and cuter)