LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Northshore's new Mega Max diapers a review:

Northshore's new Mega Max diapers a review:

(uploaded photos)

First of all thank you Adam and the Northshore team for the latest two sets of samples of the Mega Max diapers

I found them to be a great item for those night time side sleepers, or headed into a MRI with sedation or long drive.

I tested both sizes, Large and Medium (since I am and inbetween size)..... 

Large for night time, (more surface area, front rear waist height area) IE: less bedding laundry issues

Medium for daytime when wearing one has to be more discreet, (less surface area, front rear waist height area)

I was at one time a DL and now that I have MS and the meds associated with that condition - can/does cause bedwetting...

I found that the Large fits well and is tight and no leaks even if you are a side sleeper with the regular medium size diaper user.

Both sizes of the Mega Max diapers have great wide tapes and when applied to the front of the diaper's landing zone as directed, they are ABSOLUTELY SECURE. I found that other brands, even some of Northshore's styles, the tapes pull off the diaper landing zone or they pull out of the area they were anchored to.

These tape tabs are nice, wide heavy duty tapes, that 3M would be proud of, did NOT pull out of their anchor points nor become loose from the front of the diaper itself.

I have personally purchased/worn the Supreme and Supreme Lite diapers and Air Supreme and Air Supreme Lite diapers, ConfiDry diapers and would love to see those styles of tapes and identical manufacturing on those styles for the tape tabs.

I find that Supreme and Supreme Lite diapers and Air Supreme and Air Supreme Lite diapers, have too short of waist area on the mediums and they feel like they are falling off, the diaper itself "relaxes" after a about 30 min of use...(not ever wet).

As a fan of ConfiDry diapers, I find that, these new Mega Max diapers have (slightly more surface area, front rear waist height area) than the ConfiDry diapers.... They are a tic thinner than the ConfiDry but the highly secure and slightly wider tapes more than makes up for it.

I wore 2 of each size in two dramatically different "lifestyles" to test them out.

Day 1: Large size - Went out with some friends for darts and beers. After about 6 to 7 beers, heavy floodings and it was only about halfway used, it started to "bulk up" as expected. It was not even wet past the crotch area. About 2 more beers and 2 floodings later...(30 min). the back half was wet and time to change this one out. Total wear time: 5.5 hours - 5 hours 45 min. NEVER leaked, tapes stayed put, never sagged, never came apart inside the diaper

Day 1: Medium size - Went out with some friends for darts and beers as stated above, Came home and changed from the Large size to this Medium size, but went to two more local bars, clubs, 7 or 8 more beers.... This one lasted about 4.5 hours and got to the point of front and back wet.

NEVER leaked, tapes stayed put, never sagged, never came apart inside the diaper.

NOTE: Wearing street clothes over these - either size - must be aware that they DO bulk up and can be revealing after several wettings. They did get heavy and well that is to be expected with several uses and extended wearings. BE aware that slightly larger pants should be worn.

Noise tests: While wearing these two sizes of diapers I did ask the wife to give me a review of "diaper noise" 

With just jeans over these, one size larger than my regular waist size (I always wear a size larger since I do use adult diapers) no noise detectable.

Even completely wet, no noise.

With jeans and regular cotton underwear over these, YES noise can be detected.

Day 2: Large size - Started wearing this size while at home (530 am) and went to an MRI with sedation. (6 hours long) Completely dry bedding and NO leaks... no tape issues. Was detectable while walking but this might be due to a light hospital gown over me. Total wear time 17 hours. back was barely wet - just past the crotch about 2 inches, but went and grabbed a shower before bedtime and this was a long day. After about 7 average wettings it got to be bulky and heavy, but again...NEVER leaked, tapes stayed put, never sagged, never came apart inside the diaper.

One diaper all day - a weekend day (Friday)... be sure to use barrier creams. The elastics did NOT rub me raw as some adult diapers tend to do. 

Day 3: Medium size - Saturday all day... Started wearing this at 6:10 am and after errands, tv, it was just starting to get wet past the crotch/between the legs area and up to two inches in the back... 

Grocery store trips - Family lunch, no issues with loose tapes - although I DID on purpose pull off the upper tapes and re apply them and they NEVER came off as some "repositionable tapes" can do come off. The elastics did NOT rub me raw as some adult diapers tend to do.

I decided to take this longer and see how much more it would take. So after my regular day / evening coffee - iced teas.... It had enough at about 10:15 pm when I was writing this review and I noticed the chair pad I use had a damp spot from the right rear leg opening about the size of a 50 cent piece. Completely wet front to back, This really  went the "long run" and well.. it does work well....tapes stayed put, never sagged, never came apart inside the diaper.

DSCF4208 - Copy.JPG

DSCF4210 - Copy.JPG

S0034180 - Copy.JPG

S0034192 - Copy.JPG

S0034196 - Copy.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have been using the mega max for 3 weeks as the only diaper brand for those three weeks and i will say today i put it through very tough day to stay together. Last night we had 6.5 inches of snow. So i started the day with a fresh mega max at 5:45am and am now geting home at 7:13pm and i have scooped out 16 sidwalks and driveways and have no separation of the padding.  My previous perferd brand would clump with in thw first 2 drives.  It is well worth the money for my comfoet will continue to be my go to diaper thank you North Shore for this wonderful product

17 hours ago, baby vinny said:

I have been using the mega max for 3 weeks as the only diaper brand for those three weeks and i will say today i put it through very tough day to stay together. Last night we had 6.5 inches of snow. So i started the day with a fresh mega max at 5:45am and am now geting home at 7:13pm and i have scooped out 16 sidwalks and driveways and have no separation of the padding.  My previous perferd brand would clump with in thw first 2 drives.  It is well worth the money for my comfoet will continue to be my go to diaper thank you North Shore for this wonderful product

You're welcome. You certainly did put them to the test! So glad they helped you live your life without disruption. 8-)

I have to echo these comments.  The more experience I get with the Mega the happier I am. 

I padded up at 6a today and at 4:30p I got home.  The Mega had wicked well, almost half way up the back.  I did add a booster (from NS as well), but even so the same combo with ABU Simple starts to leak at the back of the legs.  I like the ABU as it has more coverage up front and runs just a little larger in size and fits me better.  However, I grabbed the NS Mega this morning in the dark by mistake and by the time I noticed I had it up and ready to tape.  I have to say it did not clump, fall apart or leak at the legs with the same loading.  I have had a few days recently where I had to stop and change the ABU mid-day knowing it would not make the whole day.  I hate doing that in a public restroom, but grit my teeth and go for it.  I had not had a chance to wear the Mega in a non-work setting that would allow me to trust it in the workplace before.  I was quite impressed.  I will be adding them to the rotation for sure. 

NS has really blossomed in the market and I find myself ordering more and more every month!  Shipping is always quick and discrete!

Adam, any chance the Mega and NS Supreme get colors too?  I love the colors, but the light is just too light for me.

• 3 months later...

I would LOVE to see Mega Max get colors. . . Gray... for one... I wear gray tshirts and fruit of the loom underwear at times when I am not wear a diaper or Always underwear

• Like 1