LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bedwetting

Bedwetting  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Were/are you a bedwetter?

• Yes, as a child
    • Yes, I wet the bed as a child and still do
    • No, I never did
  2. 2. How old were you when you stopped?

• 3 - 6
    • 6 - 9
    • 10 - 13
    • 13 - 16
    • 17+
    • I still wet the bed

I've heard a lot of bedwetting stories on this site, so I'd like to see if there's a correlation. I did it myself until I was 11. I was never punished for it, thankfully, but my mom did try for a while to get me to stop. She took me to pediatricians, all of whom said I'd grow out of it. She waited a few years, and when I didn't grow out of it, she started looking into programs. She had a guy come over presenting one but I was not exactly nice to him and he got angry and left. She tried buying a device to go in the pull-ups I wore, which would set off an alarm when it sensed moisture. That didn't work, either. Eventually, she threatened to make me wear cloth diapers and rubber pants. After that, I was out of them in a month. I can't remember how, I just remember I eventually woke up dry.

I was kinda lucky, in that it only lasted till about 6 with me. But, it left a lasting impression on me. I hated wetting the bed. I didn’t like the plastic sheet on my bed.  I didn’t like waking up all wet, sheets, blankets, pajamas, underwear. My parents weren’t mean about it. But I knew it bugged my mom. After all, she had to get up to help me change everything, in the middle of the night. And this would disturb my dad too. I did take some abuse from my older sister, over my wetting the bed at times. My mom, wouldn’t think of putting me back in diapers at the time. She felt, I never would stop, if I had diapers. I would disagree with that, and I believe diapers would have been better all around. I would not have been happy at first, but I’m sure I would have adjusted to it. It also would have been hard, to be back in diapers with my sister around. 

Although once again wetting the bed, I checked “stopped 6 – 9” because that’s the age when I initially stopped.

In a nutshell, till about age nine I wet in my sleep most nights.  After that, missing the sensations and shame, I purposely wet for several years till regressing back to regular sleep wetting in my twenties.  I then pretty well stopped for several years while raising a family and am now back to it. 

I have read that bedwetting is often hereditary, although I don't recall anyone else in my family ever talking about wetting the bed.  It would be interesting for those who comment here to also mention if they are the only one in their family who bed wet or if they had parents or siblings who also wet the bed.

11 hours ago, rusty pins said:

I have read that bedwetting is often hereditary, although I don't recall anyone else in my family ever talking about wetting the bed.  It would be interesting for those who comment here to also mention if they are the only one in their family who bed wet or if they had parents or siblings who also wet the bed.

Yes, since you mentioned it Rusty. I wet the bed, as I said till about age 6. I learned later, my dad wet the bed. I don’t know till what age he did, that never came up. But, in some alcohol induced dinner conversations, when my dads mom was present, he brought up the fact, how he had a brown rubber sheet to sleep on. And how, the rubber sheets where not easy to come by, back in his day. He was born in 35, so I’m not sure why they would have been so? We are talking, pre world war 2, in the US. But maybe, because the war was already raging in Europe, and rubber supplies were in short. 

My childhood bedwetting slowed down during puberty and stopped in my early teens except for a few accidents. Then I wet heavily when I moved out of my parants place after high school because I was drinking heavily but I got that under control by my mid 20s. And then in my 40s it started again at first a few times after drinking and then more often. Personally I think it had to do with a change in health and medications but Im not sure.

On 12/10/2018 at 6:08 PM, rusty pins said:

I didn't know that! I'm not sure about anyone in my own family. My sister probably never did, but I'm not sure about anyone else. It wouldn't be too surprising if others in my family did and never talked about it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2018 at 6:08 PM, rusty pins said:

So I asked my mom. She did it as a kid and so did her brother. Not too surprising.

• 1 month later...

Complicated answer.

I was in diapers late and wet at night for most of that time, but I think "before toilet training" usually isn't counted as bedwetting no matter how old the wetter is.

I had a continence episode in late primary/early high school during which I was wet at night, which is what I've voted for. However, I was dry after that. I had another continence episode starting in second year of undergrad, which has led to me being completely incontinent and wet at night, which is why I consider that I "still do". :) 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

My parents kept me in nighttime cloth nappies and plastic pants until I was 6 years old because I was a frequent (almost every night) and heavy bedwetter. Once things started to improve, they moved me to Dry-Nites (or something similar - I can't remember the brand now) and I wore these every night until I was nearly 9. By then I was dry 99% of the time.