LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Hospital urology yearly checkup

Hi all, just been for my annual urology check up

Was asked if I want further surgery to "correct" wearing diapers? I hate surgery it is what made me incontinent in the first place. I asked the urologist what the surgery is, and he told me that it is one of those bags you fasten to your side with a hole going directly to the bladder. I said to him" so instead of peeing into a diaper which I manage very well. I will be peeing into a bag which has a direct open hole straight into my bladder, which can put me at risk of infection".? He looked a bit stunned. Before he could answer I said no thanks. Scheduled for further urology in 12 months. But until then I will stay diapered and manage that quite nicely. 

Anybody else had no brainer questions like this from urology? 

I am not sure a bag is a better option than diapers.  Of course everyone here is partial to diapers.  That said, is there a support group or previous patients of the surgery you could interview about their experience?  It might help and probably confirm any thoughts on the subject.

i don’t like the idea of surgery, as you stated it has already proven risky and that is something no one can argue with you.  I was offered surgery to correct a broken vertebrae and back pain.  The risk: possible paralysis and other things. I’ll deal with the minor inconvenience of occasional back pain.

Joey

Every urologist that I’ve consuled has recommended that I use an external catheter connected to a bag strapped to my leg. I’ve tried systems of that type several times. The most recent time was about 18 months ago. The systems work, but I strongly prefer diapers.

Not directly relevant but my neighbour was sick (cancer I think) and he had a bag too. I THINK it was for both if you get what I mean. Anyway, I commented that doing those in a bag is potentially more annoying than wearing a diaper.

They (brother and parents) disagreed and the conversation moved on. I'm not sure what I would choose if I'm honest. How discrete is bag like that?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

Quite discreet but there is a risk of infection most of the time. I'm not going for the bag. I will stay diapered, I'm comfortable in diapers and I manage them very easily now.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Quite discreet but there is a risk of infection most of the time. I'm not going for the bag. I will stay diapered, I'm comfortable in diapers and I manage them very easily now.

I wonder though.... if you are stupid with diapers and stay in them too long you can get infection or irritated skin as well right?

• Like 1

Yep that's true, but I am very careful about hygiene. I use wipes between changes and always use barrier creams/diaper cream. I have had about one bad diaper rash nearly every year I've been in diapers but I take a long hot bath to sooth the skin, use a good anti bacterial soap, ensure I dry myself thoroughly and reapply diaper cream, usually an anti bacterial cream before rediapering. I've never had to take antibiotics because of wearing diapers but when I had a catheter in after my operation I had several infections and had several courses of antibiotics as well as a bladder flush. Diapers are the way for me, a lot less risk of infection. In fact my skin feels healthier now than before wearing diapers 24/7.

• Like 1

Diapers are the more natural solution, as they allow the body to remain as it is without there being much possibility of problems other than skin irritations, which can usually be home-treated and can often be avoided with proper hygiene. Using a bag always comes with an increased risk of infections since they don't fully remove contact between the contents of the bag and the body, and they seal off that which wasn't meant to be sealed, but left open instead.

Like so many other things with medical practices, it is often simply the opinions of the ones who create treatments along with general public opinions which makes for the recommended solution. Doctor's don't recommend diapers as the first-line solution because they and the general public are repulsed by the thought when there are other options available. If they were more open-minded they'd see where they have erred and change their strategy. Diapers aren't for everyone, but they truly are the best solution.

Bettypooh

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

My doctor uses the phrase quality of life.  I am constantly telling here that my quality of life is fine and in fact it got much better once I started wearing diapers permanently.  She really does not push any farther past that.  On January 7th I will have a full physical and this will be the first time she will see my diaper.  We will see if her tune changes then or not.

It seems that all uroligists are obsessed with cathaters ! The only time i get a UTI is when i have been to the hospital and they have shoved a bloody tube up me !

And don't get me started on the sheath type... talk about pain taking the dam thing off !

As Bettypooh says nappies ( diapers) are most definitely the most natural way to manage incontinence, and for me the ONLY way.

Maly.

I agree that catheters can be very uncomfortable to put in or to remove. If the nurse is incompetent. I would prefer a diaper above that uncomfortable experience.

Just got done with my doctor's physical.  Had the wear a gown with my diaper.  When it was time to check my genitals she simply asked me to pull down my "underwear" and that is it.  Not one mention of my diaper.  I do feel that I would be okay wearing pink diapers but I do not want to be disrespectful.  Since we went the whole physical without an incontinence question I am happy she seems to have accepted I like to wear diapers and moved on from that.

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

#1 Evolution has created skin, mouth and nose (to allow food, liquid and air in) and an excretory process to allow stuff out. As a result, humans can survive in what essentially is, a toxic environment.

#2 When the medical industry sees a person older than 2-3, wearing a diaper, to them it seems is that the person is 'broken' and that they must fix the broken person.

#3 Incontinence is a side effect. It is never the primary issue. Also, conservation of energy / resources causes the body to accept incontinence which makes same incurable.

#1, #2 and #3 does not stop medical industry attempts.

In my humble opinion, maybe they should take a leaf from a quote alleged to be from Albert Einstein.

" Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results. "

Most here have seen the implementation of this stupidity, and cause Doctors bury their mistakes, we tend to believe in the stupidity.

wearer 24/7, I applaud you, not for your choice to wear diaper (what you wear is nobodies business but your own), for your choice to make that choice and not to be swayed by a urologist perception of what is right and and wrong.

• Like 2
On 12/30/2018 at 9:55 PM, maly said:

It seems that all uroligists are obsessed with cathaters ! The only time i get a UTI is when i have been to the hospital and they have shoved a bloody tube up me !

And don't get me started on the sheath type... talk about pain taking the dam thing off !

As Bettypooh says nappies ( diapers) are most definitely the most natural way to manage incontinence, and for me the ONLY way.

Maly.

Same here

Same here
As some of you know medically I am an unholy mess,but I have stayed true to one statement I learned years and years ago ,during my own training,it's pretty simple:

Surgery is a last resort ,it is invasive and has consequences beyond recovery, like disability and death .proposing surgery to patient ,that has other options yet unexplored or is using a treatment that is acceptable to them and does of create an undue burden ,is usually proposed for unethical or straight up greed .

In that I compare it to my love for classic and antique cars ,a true lover of them will sit and look over a vehicle for perhaps weeks, deciding does this car need a full restoration ? Or is this a a survivor vehicle ,survivor vehicles are only original once , you can take a 100K dollar survivor ,"restore" and lose 75 percent of its value .

Men and women have used diapers for thousands of years the first diapers were straw grass and moss packed with a little mud , changed like every two days by washing the baby and repacking it .
Someone really f&$$&% up by inventing the scalpel, if you truly look at success and failure odds ( not the rose colored glasses B'S a doctor gives you ) you will see that surgery rarely corrects anything ,and frequently "opens you up" (pun is intentional) to further surgery to correct what they didn't the first time ,or to hack something else out that has failed due to there intervention called surgery.

98% of back surgery leads to long term disability and unemployment , they don't admit that when trying to con you into making there next six mortgage payments.

There are good doctors out there , but they are the minority , the majority see a human body and can't wait to cut into it ,it makes them money .

If you look into not just the cost to your body of having a new hole added that can take years for your body to accept and heal ,but the cost of "appliances" bags,glue ,stoma prep etc vs diapers ,diapers are financialy a clear winner.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I think you're looking at it wrong. Sometimes there is no choice but to operate. I know I had to do it when I was 17ish. I did not have a choice. It was operate or be in considerable pain for the rest of my life.

But I also agree with you that surgery is always risky. I am in... trouble because of that surgery I mentioned before. (Very long story)