LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

OAB and feeling horrible

Hey guys got a health related question I thought someone may be able to help me with.  So I don't have any kind of serious problem with it, but I do occasionally have a really over active bladder and sometimes issues with dehydration.  Here's yesterday's situation on a day off I spent with my wife.

Woke up yesterday bouncing around the house singing and just feeling amazing 5:30AM.  Had a normal breakfast and drink, yogart, granola, and caffine flavored water packet thingy, followed by riding the indoor bicycle trainer for 50 minutes. good workout average heart rate around 149.  I felt great, stronger then usual.  Went out to work on a video for about an hour, took an apple and ate it.

Left to go Christmas shopping with wife, was hungry and took some chex mix, and ate about half the bag and a drank diet soda.

Stopped at chinese restauarant after an hour drive at noon.  Had to pee like crazy.  Had some sushi, had to pee again, had some stir fry, had to pee again.  Last pee was very small amount but still had to pee like crazy.

Went to stores, peed twice more in next hour, but felt like I had to pee the entire time almost, very annoying.  Was wishing I had a diaper on.  

Around 2:30 begin to feel loopy, tired, and very irritable.  Buy some Christmas candy thinking my sugar is low, for some reason I don't want to drink anything, even though I think I'm thirsty, just feeling really weird.  

An hour later I'm worse, feels like my head is swimming, bad headache, slow thought processes.  

Get home and drink about 24 ounces of water and lay down, still have this persistent feeling of needing to pee.  Took short nap and worked on a few things, but felt crappy all night.

Woke up this morning super dry mouth, headache, and not feeling much better.  Today wife is at work and I'm diapered and going to try to drink alot of water.

So... It felt like dehyrdration with the weird twist that my body was voiding out water like crazy and for some reason I found myself not wanting to replace the fluids.  I'm thinking it might have been too much sodium from the chex mix, and chinese food?

I would see a doctor if it persists.  Too many things that can factor into it, and it shouldn't last that long if it was the chex mix.  I eat salty things and don't have that problem.  Sometimes 15 years ago I would get to work and I would have to pee every 20 to 30 minutes, other days I would be fine for several hours before I had to pee.  I thought it was me, but then a friend of mine about my same age said he had the same thing happen to him now and then.  It just happened once in a while in the morning and by noon or earlier it had stopped with the need to pee that frequently.  It could always have been something you ate or drank, even if it;s the same thing you eat or drink everyday.  Could be the caffeine kicking in making you pee or have the strong urge to pee.  Again, if it persists and you still don't feel good, see a doctor.  you may have picked up some mild food poisoning or allergy, especially with sushi or at a restaurant.  Who knows how well the food was prepared, how clean the chef's hands were when cooking it or even how close or past the expiration date the food was.

1 hour ago, Baby Girl Sarah said:

Time to visit the doc id say dear   , Sounds to me  you MIGHT  have start  of Diabetes  as well   im afraid   so again DEFENETLY time to see the doc  ASAP   dear       

Baby Girl Sarah.  Good call.  It could be diabetes.  Look up the symptoms.  Get it checked out.

Thank you Dave .  Ive lived  in the same house with diabetics (  youth  home )  So yeah i do know the signs  and what to do and so on  as we al had to learn  about al this and what to look  for and  what do if  said  persons    got an  sugar  attack. and let med this  this is NOT  something you whant to chance  it may result in sugar coma  or even death.              

For the record, I am type 2 diabetic and this does not happen to me all that often.  I can often go 4 or 5 hours without having the urge to pee and sometimes longer.  Usually 3 hours between peeing at my age with my diabetes.  Peeing every 20 minutes regularly is not normal even for a diabetic.  Like I say, it has happened to me a few times a year but I also drink diet cola instead of coffee.  The caffeine doesn't help the situation, but still it's rare that I have a morning where I have to pee every 20 or 30 minutes.

I have had similar experiences caused by MSG, which I react to rather badly. The easiest symptoms include a 3 day migraine headache. Diarrhea is often part of it as well. Your description of "feeling loopy" sounded familiar to me. OAB is such a normal thing for me that I don't notice an increase in that sensation. 

8 hours ago, rusty pins said:

For the record, I am type 2 diabetic and this does not happen to me all that often.  I can often go 4 or 5 hours without having the urge to pee and sometimes longer.  Usually 3 hours between peeing at my age with my diabetes.  Peeing every 20 minutes regularly is not normal even for a diabetic.  Like I say, it has happened to me a few times a year but I also drink diet cola instead of coffee.  The caffeine doesn't help the situation, but still it's rare that I have a morning where I have to pee every 20 or 30 minutes.

Actually i went  more on the heavy thirst and feeling like crap  my self  rather then the  having to go pee  al the time dear.     

(with respect) MY playful, easily-excited Bladder is my *other* 'Naughty-Playmate;' I never know when it's going to surprise me with a swarm of "PEE-GASMS" but I'm sure I don't want it fixed. I'm 68 & have been an involuntary Piddler with a Sexualized urinary system since I was 52 (when a severe Prostate-infection did some strange things to some of my nerve-connections down there). FWIW I suspect I know one connection (in my current configuration)... (Due Respect, if anyone here is into DUNE)

"By Diet-pop alone, I set my Bladder in motion! By flavors from laboratories: my Pee-gasms acquire speed; my pants acquire wet-spots; the wet-spots become a greeting! By Diet-pop alone, I set my Bladder in motion!"

YMMV but that's why I now drink a lot of inexpensive, store-brand diet-pop. Best regards, all.

Thanks for all the feedback.  So I assumed diabetes in the past, I've had this, loopy out of it feeling on and off for a long time.  My wife has a blood sugar meter and I've had her check it.  Results have always been 90-130 which she assures me is normal.  Sunday night late (my first post was Sunday morning)  I started feeling kind of loopy and out of it again, she checked and sugar was 117.

I have a doctors appointment coming up soon so I'm going to see what they think.  

Sunday I was free to wear diapers all day as wife was at work, and I've noticed that even without meaning too or even actively trying not to, I will drink and pee far more frequently when I'm wearing.  I think, though I'm not sure, that this leaves my body dehydrated later.  I really suspect that my issues mostly deal around dehydration.  I've done alot of long distance cycling and am used to both bonking and being dehydrated and this is what I felt.  It's just weird since I only did an hour on a bike trainer.

It is really quite simple. You are consuming too many carbs (sugar). Also diet sodas are quite terrible for you. Carbs are not essential. You can live without them. Reducing/eliminating them will also heal you of prediabeties, and a host of other issues. I have been near zero carb for half a year, and my energy and mental state has never been better. I was keto, but now am more carnivore. Its something to look into for anyone desiring better/optimal health.

8 hours ago, diaperchucky said:

Thanks for all the feedback.  So I assumed diabetes in the past, I've had this, loopy out of it feeling on and off for a long time.  My wife has a blood sugar meter and I've had her check it.  Results have always been 90-130 which she assures me is normal.  Sunday night late (my first post was Sunday morning)  I started feeling kind of loopy and out of it again, she checked and sugar was 117.

I have a doctors appointment coming up soon so I'm going to see what they think.  

Sunday I was free to wear diapers all day as wife was at work, and I've noticed that even without meaning too or even actively trying not to, I will drink and pee far more frequently when I'm wearing.  I think, though I'm not sure, that this leaves my body dehydrated later.  I really suspect that my issues mostly deal around dehydration.  I've done alot of long distance cycling and am used to both bonking and being dehydrated and this is what I felt.  It's just weird since I only did an hour on a bike trainer.

You have done the right  thing  on al accounts  dear , id say sadly the ods in my humble opinion is youre  starting to get diabetes  hon  BUT we leave that for the docs to find out    

Good luck and do let us know how it went  please            

• 2 months later...

diaperchucky,

to me, it seems that you might have an allergy to one and/or more of the ingredients in the Chinese meal / what was consumed earlier. This actually reduced the water balance in your body which would increase the concentration of your urine. This would have the secondary effect of increasing your need to urinate although you do not have a high bladder content. The side effect to this is the same side effect of a hang-over, headaches, blurred vision, inability to concentrate, lethargy etc. due to the low water value in the body.

The simple cure to this is to hydrate. Yes, it will increase your need and frequency to urinate until the water balance normalises.

Two things I suggest:-

1 - Get this checked out by your doctor

2 - Get a food allergy test done to work out what you are actually allergic / reactive to.

BTW, increasing ones fluid intake on day 1 does not cause dehydration on day 2. If you are increasing your fluid intake due to the benefit of diaper wearing, you will (without thinking) decrease your fluid intake to avoid the need to urinate. That behaviour is not good for you (not the increase (in moderation), the decrease to reduce voiding frequency) Please, if your bladder control is causing you to decrease your fluid intake so to avoid voiding, wear diapers and normalize your fluid intake. Any other behaviour causes complications I am sure that you do not wish to deal with - as the final one is death.

Hope you feel better soon.

My OAB didn't exactly relate like this, but I did discover that when I felt 'loopy' and sometimes almost passed out (especially in the summer heat or when ill), it was being caused by a drop in my blood pressure. I just happened to be at my Doctor's getting my vital signs checked by a Nurse when I had one of my 'spells' and she couldn't get a pressure reading. She checked the equipment, I started feeling better, she rechecked me and I was back to normal. I am both hypootensive (low blood pressure) and hypoglycemic (low blood sugar) but not dangerously so, and treatment isn't needed but I do have to be careful when I feel like I may 'pass out', which so far has never quite happened. I also perspire like you'd never believe in the heat so in the summer I'm always chasing hydration to keep up.I see no difference in my 'spells' whether I'm hydrated or not, but I feel it physically in every other way. My family has a moderate history of low blood pressure and diabetes, but I'm the only one who perspires like I do. It's almost funny that when it's 11 AM and I'm working in the heat, my diaper is the only dry part of my clothing :roflmao: I do have a food 'sensitivity'- not quite an allergy but does make me physically sick- which I am able to avoid. Again it doesn't affect my 'spells' either way.

We're complex beings and with me (and possibly you) symptoms can be from a number of causes, and sometimes may be from a specific combination of things. Either through memory or the use of a written journal you should note what you've eaten, drank, and done in specifics for the last 24 hours when you experience odd problems like this. Then by changing one factor at a time to see if it improves later on. Take note of any improvement and maintain what apparently brought that on, then keep going with the changing of one thing till you've found the likely source of your problems and the best resolution you're able to get on your own. Test your results by reintroducing what you have altered one thig at a time to see if it really does make a difference. By this method you can almost always find at least some improvement, or at least know what to expect when you do certain things.

And most certainly you need to have your Doctor involved with all of this for advice, monitoring, and to help prevent you from doing something which may be detrimental to you. It can be a long process but eventually you should find all the improvement you can get, or worst-case-scenario find what your body needs direct medical treatment for.

Bettypooh

Bettypooh,

blood pressure, blood chemical concentration, and functionality is strongly dependamt on the plasma level. It is this that sensors use within the body to determine water balance. We can survive without food for three to four weeks, but our dependance on water means that the most a well hydrated fit person can survive withou lt water is 2-3 days max. Low water effects concentration (the chemical and electrical processes on the brain), causes headaches (allows the brain to bruise itself due to a lack of damping), lethargy (weak / no signals via nerve and motor neurons), acid reflux (correct balance of acid in the stomach / digestive tract), weakness in limbs (low water reduces bloods ability to transport oxygen & energy to motor cells and waste from motor cells) slow suffication / hypoxia (water is the transport medium for the oxygen/carbon dioxide exchange in the lungs).

Simply, when one dehydrates, they create a multitude of problems where just one of them can kill. The best lay descriptiom of a human I ever heard is 'bags of mostly water'

On 2/26/2019 at 10:01 AM, babykeiff said:

weakness in limbs (low water reduces bloods ability to transport oxygen & energy to motor cells and waste from motor cells) slow suffication / hypoxia (water is the transport medium for the oxygen/carbon dioxide exchange in the lungs).

Thanks for this :Crylol: While I knew of the effects, I didn't know these exact causes. I avoid dehydration but sometimes it's needing a nearly constant water intake to keep up with what I perspire away, and I can definitely feel and see the effects of a loss of hydration within a couple hours time on hot summer days. Muscles begin aching when they shouldn't, endurance goes away, and so does the mind :huh: Oddly enough I might not even feel thirsty but I know what I must do so I just go ahead and drink something anyway. I still think it's funny that my normally wet diaper is usually the only dry part of me on those sweltering days; with so much bad in life I'll take whatever humor I can find to make it better!

Bettypooh

There is a common habit practiced to reduce water intake as to avoid one sleep wetting.

Doctors tell parents "no fluids after 6pm if you wish your child not to bedwet" Parents force this on their young children, some children grow up thinking this is factual -- if one doesn't drink, one can control the quantity of urine produced and ones need to void.

THIS IS INCORRECT IN SO MANY LEVELS.

Urine is produced by the kidneys filtering impurities from the blood. The strength of urine is based on the quantity of water in the body and the bodies need to rest. Asleep, the body locks vasprossen to water compound. As a result, in simple terms, the 3 element compound is too big to fit through a 2 element sized hole sieve. Therefore, vasprossen causes a sleeping person to retain water in the blood rather than place same in bladder. As a result, overnighy, the bladder does not fill to void level but the concentration increases to just below what the bladder walls can handle. Much around with water level and concentration increased high enough to cause the bladder irratation and to void.

Without water balance in blood, the blood starts to fail as the only transportation system within the body. Therefore, sleeping does not allow one to rest and recover. In extreme cases, dehydration causes death of muscles etc due to suffocation.

Please please people... a wet diaper takes approx 10 mins or less to change. Do not dehydrate to save youself changing a wet diaper.  A non diaper dependent adult needs to void 800 to 2000ml per day... that is six visits to a bathroom. In a 14+ hour day, that is every 2 to 3 hours. Most diapers can last 5 to 6 hours (a diaper dependant adult usually voids up to 200ml per time) ... that is 3 visits to a bathroom.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2018 at 1:29 PM, XyXy said:

It is really quite simple. You are consuming too many carbs (sugar). Also diet sodas are quite terrible for you. Carbs are not essential. You can live without them. Reducing/eliminating them will also heal you of prediabeties, and a host of other issues. I have been near zero carb for half a year, and my energy and mental state has never been better. I was keto, but now am more carnivore. Its something to look into for anyone desiring better/optimal health.

As a type one diabetic, I can indeed tell you that your body does need carbs to operate.  Your body can convert pure carbs to glucose quickly, which will then be used as fuel for cells.  When you reduce carbs to almost zero, you enter keto acidosis and your body starts using stored fats (great for weight loss) but it also burns muscle. For a type one diabetic, this also happens when our blood sugar rises to levels where the body can no longer use it.  And diabetic keto acidosis is dangerous - I've landed in the hospital with it. Not fun.

So, the point to my message is to call out your advice at the end of your message and tell people to check with their doctor before embarking on any ultralow carb diet.  Your body may or may not be able to tolerate it.  

1 hour ago, DiaperDisguise said:

As a type one diabetic, I can indeed tell you that your body does need carbs to operate.  Your body can convert pure carbs to glucose quickly, which will then be used as fuel for cells.  When you reduce carbs to almost zero, you enter keto acidosis and your body starts using stored fats (great for weight loss) but it also burns muscle. For a type one diabetic, this also happens when our blood sugar rises to levels where the body can no longer use it.  And diabetic keto acidosis is dangerous - I've landed in the hospital with it. Not fun.

So, the point to my message is to call out your advice at the end of your message and tell people to check with their doctor before embarking on any ultralow carb diet.  Your body may or may not be able to tolerate it.  

In a sense, yes the body needs glucose to operate. However, one does not need to ever eat carbs. The body can make its own glucose via protiens, called gluconeogenesis. Ketoacidosis comes from alcoholism, starvation and diabetes, NOT from eliminating carbs. I have been living without carbs for 6 months just fine and healthy as can be. Some people I know have been doing zero carbs for over 2 decades and are a perfect picture of health. Check with your doctor if you want, but before modern farming, most people in the world ate very little carbs. I feel fine recommending our natural diet. Meat and eggs are the most nutritious and bioavailable form of food on earth. Plants are loaded with anti-nutrients and are not very bioavailable. A LOT of peoples health issues are actually undiagnosed plant food sensitivities. In this sense, a carnivore diet is the ultimate elimination diet. A very very small percent of people have intolerance to meat, and they already are aware of that. Everyone else, the vast majority will find benefit from a zero carb meat based diet. 

Zero carb has been known for centuries to cure or minimize epilepsy. It also is known to reverse type 1 diabetes. We also know now that it cures/reverses autoimmune disorders. It also improves autism, depression, and a host of other mental disorders. The proof is out there, but one must overcome the popular dogma that plants are healthy to eat. They are not. Why subject your body to antinutrients like oxcelates, phyto estrogen and many others? 

What the average person needs is a balanced diet without too much or too little of anything. And while the body is very adaptable, that takes time to occur. One of the early arctic explorers (can't remember which one) overwintered with the Native Aleuts to learn more about them. By springtime he was gravely ill, emaciated, and would have likely died had it not been for other explorers coming along when springtime came. The natives had adapted to a diet of almost exclusively meats and animal fats as here is almost never anything else edible in the region, but the explorer was used to having some vegetable matter in his diet.It was only when his 'rescuers' shared grains and vegetables with him that his health was restored. In fact, this event is what spurred the medical world into deeper dietary studies where they discovered similar things happening world-wide.

In general terms, humans are omnivorous and we do best with a varied diet. It is best to not make sudden or large alterations to one's diet without their being a medical necessity for that, and along with it medical monitoring. Grains and leafy green vegetables are usually good for the digestive tract as they tend to 'scrub' the walls of the intestines clean as they pass which improves the bioavailability of all nutrients to the body. Certain medical conditions may contraindicate them, so in that each case is an individual. If you do have such a condition then you need to pay extra scrutiny to your diet and eat accordingly. Such information isn't hard to find but always keep your Medical team on board with any changes you make or plan to make so that they can best treat you.

Bettypooh

I don't believe a lowe carb diet is necessary for all. But I have found cutting out the carbs has made me feel 10 years yonger in my body. I know longer have stiff or painful joints. According to my wife she has never felt my skin so soft and im 52. My gastric reflux is gon. .....I was on anti inflammatory pills that almost put me in hospital then I tried turmeric which worked well but about 3 days after eating nothing but meat all pain in my joints just went away. On top of that my wate has been dropping off with out evin trying 

On 3/17/2019 at 10:38 AM, XyXy said:

Zero carb has been known for centuries to cure or minimize epilepsy. It also is known to reverse type 1 diabetes. We also know now that it cures/reverses autoimmune disorders. It also improves autism, depression, and a host of other mental disorders. The proof is out there, but one must overcome the popular dogma that plants are healthy to eat. They are not. Why subject your body to antinutrients like oxcelates, phyto estrogen and many others? 

Zero carbs is an unnecessary extreme for preventing epileptic seizures.1 Ketosis can usually be achieved around 30 net grams, which does not count fiber from leafy and cruciferous vegetables. The idea is that if only 30 net carbs is good, zero must be better, but there's no scientific basis for that.

I eat a ketogenic lacto-vegetarian diet (yeah, that's actually possible,) then sometimes alternate with a standard vegetarian diet which I've eaten for 30 years, and have had tests done, and I have no nutritional deficiencies (though I do now take iron, since cutting out bread). At 29, I looked 17, and could run over 100 miles. Now at 38, I won a fencing tournament against kids half my age.  While antinutrients do prevent some absorption, eating a balanced diet nullifies this. Just like not making the jump from going from low-carb to no-carb, it's a matter of balance, rather than extremes.

Antinutrient derived deficiencies are only really seen in people who have a very limited diet. I eat a lot of spinach, and a lot of homemade quark (similar to yogurt,) and cheeses, and despite my spinach consumption, my calcium levels are tested as being on the high end. Why? The spinach doesn't steal away all of the calcium, because I'm not eating an entire pound of it while only consuming a morsel of cheese.

I've seen a lot of people talking about avoiding beans because of lectins, but cooking them destroys the lectins. No one goes to the store and buys lentils and chows down on them like they're tiny rocks. The whole anti-nutrient scare is, like most scares, based upon misinformation. I'm not trying to change your beliefs, just like you wouldn't try to change mine, I'm just trying to provide additional info for people who might read your post and take it as gospel.

1. https://www.epilepsy.com/learn/treating-seizures-and-epilepsy/dietary-therapies/ketogenic-diet

Cruxshadow I do agree with a lot of what you say. I find less carbs is best for me . But that doesn't mean it is right for everyone. There is so much misinformation out there on all sides that the only thing you can do is look at the evidence and do what you feeling is right for you. And if it costs money to join or do be very weary . What makes it even harder is that most of the research is funded by groups with a vested interest. 

• Like 1

I agree with that Toyboy, I don't advocate anyone eat any particular diet. My own is inconvenient, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I'm just saying that the matter of antinutrients is something that's gotten misinterpreted, and dispersed through social media, but it isn't really a legitimate issue for most people.

Some people point to the Inuit as proof of an all-meat/zero-carb diet being sustainable, but their diet actually contained a fair amount of carbs in the form of glycogen in the muscles of freshly killed animals, which begins to break down shortly after death, and vitamin C from their brains, which is an extremely essential vitamin. Most westerners don't eat freshly killed raw meat, or brains.

12 hours ago, Toyboy said:

There is so much misinformation out there on all sides that the only thing you can do is look at the evidence and do what you feeling is right for you. And if it costs money to join or do be very weary . What makes it even harder is that most of the research is funded by groups with a vested interest. 

This :Crylol: sums up the problem nicely. And it's not just funding, but the "me too" people who try something that works for them assuming it will do the same for everyone else too. I have dietary problems which prevent me from following many recommended courses, and being just barely able to feed myself at times monetarily also puts up a roadblock I can't get around.

It's really something that is going to vary with all of us, and the only constant is to not make any large moves with your diet unless you have adequate medical monitoring to show that it's at least doing no harm. That medical advice is what should steer you, not what may happen with others unlike you ;)

Bettypooh