LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Transition to cloth

Hello everyone! I’ve been long thinking of switching to cloth diapers from disposables because of cost. If possible I’d like to hear from those who are double incontinent who successfully are able to use cloth for both. Currently I’m able to get away with about 3 changes per 24 hour period using a 24/7 Confidry with a quality booster. Is that possible using cloth? About how many layers of cloth and is a booster also needed. What type of cloth is best as I see a few different types? Any advice is appreciated.

since you have worn disposables for so long, and quality disposables< you will find that cloth diapers don't wick the wetness off your skin. Get ready to feel wet all the time. For that reason alone I will continue to use the dry 24/7s with an abena abrilet maxi doubler.. no thank you on cloth diapers.

:no-no-baby-smiley-emoticon:

Not technically incontinent but as one who has filled his share of cloth diapers I can provide a tip: buy a low cost packet of flat square baby cloth diapers and use them as liners.  They will protect your expensive adult cloth diapers from the hit, they feel like cloth (because they are) and you can nuke them with whatever and just toss them or recycle them as shop rags when they suffer.  They WILL stain but your adult cloth diapers will be ok and easier to launder.

My DL friend who passed away a year and a half ago always used cloth diapers.  He wet only, but he did use layers of baby diapers like oznl suggested. The idea is it takes a lot to wash a really thick cloth diaper to get it clean, and much much longer for it to dry.  By using a thin adult diaper and layering it inside with baby diapers, you can add the absorption to the areas that need it most, and when drying the diapers after you wash them, you will find that they dry a lot faster.  Also, as oznl said, the flat baby diapers inside may stain but the actual adult cloth diaper pinned on should either remain stain free or only very lightly stained.