LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Working to publish a book

Hey everyone, it's been awhile since I've been here so this is a new account for me (don't remember the old one) but I started a new project.

I am writing an ABDL novel, currently named "Adam's Dark Side," that isn't based in a fantasy but more in reality. Here is my quick book synopsis:

Adam Parker is an average guy who happened to find the girl of his dreams. There is just one problem, Adam's self proclaimed dark side, his kink for diapers and bondage and his girlfriend, Allison, doesn't share these desires. To please his girlfriend, Adam tries to put the desires behind him and the relationship blossoms. Things get serious between the two when his desires come back with a vengeance and Adam has to figure out how to move forward.

I am having beta readers going through it right now and did a bunch of formatting along with a book cover. My book is just over 50,000 words so on the short end of a novel but still novel length. I'll be self publishing, probably on Amazon. I also an including my current book cover. I'm open to critics of course. I don't want my book to scream ABDL. I want a story that appeals more people.

Adobe_Post_20181204_162714.jpg

• Like 3

Actually looks really interesting! Any plans on when you'll publish it?

Also, may I suggest going thru draft2digital? I only say that because it sends your ebook to multiple different ebook stores and keeps everything in one nice place. I feel like that will give you a better chance to reach an audience. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you! I am waiting on a few beta readers to finish up but ideally I'd like to release it about Christmas but it might be after that depending on how quick my readers finish with it and their notes.

I'll look into draft2digital, I actually am currently using reedsy and so far I like it but it's the first time I've gone down this road.

2 hours ago, NWayne said:

Hey everyone, it's been awhile since I've been here so this is a new account for me (don't remember the old one) but I started a new project.

I am writing an ABDL novel, currently named "Adam's Dark Side," that isn't based in a fantasy but more in reality. Here is my quick book synopsis:

Adam Parker is an average guy who happened to find the girl of his dreams. There is just one problem, Adam's self proclaimed dark side, his kink for diapers and bondage and his girlfriend, Allison, doesn't share these desires. To please his girlfriend, Adam tries to put the desires behind him and the relationship blossoms. Things get serious between the two when his desires come back with a vengeance and Adam has to figure out how to move forward.

I am having beta readers going through it right now and did a bunch of formatting along with a book cover. My book is just over 50,000 words so on the short end of a novel but still novel length. I'll be self publishing, probably on Amazon. I also an including my current book cover. I'm open to critics of course. I don't want my book to scream ABDL. I want a story that appeals more people.

Adobe_Post_20181204_162714.jpg

Sounds cool. While I am not sure about your desire for a broader audience, I think you need to have some part of the description include the diapering aspect. It could have adverse reactions with your readers if they feel duped and start leaving negative reviews or returning the book. Keep us posted.

I've got four of my books on Amazon right now. After less than two months, I've sold one paperback, 10 Kindle editions and have over 4,000 pages read.

I can tell you this about Amazon. If you sell a book on Oct 1 through 31, 2018, you will not get paid until Jan 1, 2019.

Perhaps we can have a support group here. ;)

1 hour ago, mamabug said:

Actually looks really interesting! Any plans on when you'll publish it?

Also, may I suggest going thru draft2digital? I only say that because it sends your ebook to multiple different ebook stores and keeps everything in one nice place. I feel like that will give you a better chance to reach an audience. 

Excellent! I'm going to look into Draft2Digital as well. I'd love to hear what luck you have had with it if you've used it.

I think the cover photo choice is odd - there's zero connection to the story here, unless they own a house on a lake or something. My first thought looking at that cover/title combo is "Pulp horror fiction - rich guy seems normal except he kidnaps people, turns them loose in a wilderness near a lake, and hunts them for sport."

• Haha 1

@NWayne @BoTox

I've used Draft2Digital for both my kink and vanilla YA Novel (So you can release different books under different names in the same account). You have a list of about 10 different places you can sell on. I've been using them for about 6 months on. Of course, payments are delayed, but I feel like overall it is so much easier than trying to publish it to different platforms. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, mamabug said:

@NWayne @BoTox

I've used Draft2Digital for both my kink and vanilla YA Novel (So you can release different books under different names in the same account). You have a list of about 10 different places you can sell on. I've been using them for about 6 months on. Of course, payments are delayed, but I feel like overall it is so much easier than trying to publish it to different platforms. 

Not to hijack but if you have a referral link, I'll use it and get you some extra residual.

How's the sales and where do you see the majority of your sales?

13 minutes ago, BoTox said:

Not to hijack but if you have a referral link, I'll use it and get some extra residual.

How's the sales and where do you see the majority of your sales?

No need for a referral link, it is a completely free site to use. Of course, they'll get a few royalties from your book sales, but it's a pretty small amount and worth it in my opinion.

Here is a link to show my total sales so far from the major places that I use - as you can see Amazon and Ibooks are neck to neck. 

https://imgur.com/a/AkLRU8M

I'm probably a few months from being ready to publish Panda, but I've been considering publishing The Pariah - I'll definitely use your link if I do move forward with that.

So the cover choice might feel odd but it does relate to the story as the characters live in a city in the mountains near a lake and the lake is a frequent stop for them. I'm not 100% on the cover but it's the one I like most as of now.

In the description of the book I'll explain this is a story about a guy who has a diaper kink.

1 hour ago, NWayne said:

So the cover choice might feel odd but it does relate to the story as the characters live in a city in the mountains near a lake and the lake is a frequent stop for them. I'm not 100% on the cover but it's the one I like most as of now.

In the description of the book I'll explain this is a story about a guy who has a diaper kink.

I'd at least change the text color choices, if it were me.

2 hours ago, NWayne said:

Ok so I decided to try a few other covers. Let me know what everyone thinks!

Adobe_Post_20181207_103824.jpg

I like this one because who can resist a nice feminine backside.

Is the focus more on Adam himself and his fetish, or how his fetish mixes with his relationship with the girl?  If it's the first one, I'd go with the cover of the guy's shadow, if it's the latter, I'd go with the girl holding someone's hand.  

4 minutes ago, Cute_Kitten said:

Is the focus more on Adam himself and his fetish, or how his fetish mixes with his relationship with the girl?  If it's the first one, I'd go with the cover of the guy's shadow, if it's the latter, I'd go with the girl holding someone's hand.  

Yeah, I'm inclined toward the girl and the hand pic.  

• 1 month later...

As a follow up, where did you get your cover art? That's where I struggle. I put out a request for artwork here and got exactly zero replies.

How have sales been?

• Like 1
11 hours ago, BoTox said:

As a follow up, where did you get your cover art? That's where I struggle. I put out a request for artwork here and got exactly zero replies.

That's what I've always wondered. I've seen people do commissions over at deviant art. I also know of a case where someone used copyrighted ABDL photos from a pay site.  I wonder if other authors do that, or if they pay for rights/ for use of the photos? Or if they just pull images off google search?  There are copyright-free/ free- use image sites too.  

• Like 1
On 2/1/2019 at 8:24 PM, BoTox said:

How have sales been?

So I did my own cover art. I used an app called Spark Post that has free stock photos and allows you to add text and such. 

I wanted something that wasn't screaming diapers and felt like covers of books I like. 

Sales have been up and down. Honestly this is my first attempt at selling a book and I didn't expect much so I'm that regards it's been great but not quite sure what good sales numbers really are but I'm hoping that they pickup this week as I did do an interview with Lo from Dream A Little Podcast so kinda hoping that helps put the word out.