LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Were you abused as a child and/or teenager?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Were you abused as a child and/or teenager?

• Yes, physically
    • Yes, emotionally
    • Yes, sexually
    • Yes, in multiple ways
    • No
  2. 2. Do you think it lead to your interest in AB/DL?

• Yes, directly
    • Yes, it somewhat influenced it
    • No
    • N/A

Feel free to not answer if you aren't comfortable. I post this because I'd like to see if there's a correlation between being AB/DL and childhood abuse. I myself was emotionally abused by my stepfather, and also dealt with an alcoholic mother. I don't think it's a direct cause in my case, but it definitely had influence on it. Without the abuse and alcoholism, I may have lacked the desire to recreate a better childhood.

I was not abused in any way either as a child or teenager, so I answered #1 NO and #2 N/A

However, on my own, I started reading romance novels shortly before I reached puberty. That is how I discovered the concept of romantic spanking. When I was 15 I began to participate in spanking parties and found being spanked in the right way was my primary turn-on. Mind you I do not consider the spankings at those parties as abuse because I consented.

6 minutes ago, Angela Bauer said:

I was not abused in any way either as a child or teenager, so I answered #1 NO and #2 N/A

However, on my own, I started reading romance novels shortly before I reached puberty. That is how I discovered the concept of romantic spanking. When I was 15 I began to participate in spanking parties and found being spanked in the right way was my primary turn-on. Mind you I do not consider the spankings at those parties as abuse because I consented.

Of course, consensual spanking is not abuse at all! Though I think 15 is definitely too young to be participating in that kind of thing.

When I was in Kindergarten, during a busy time of the year (getting ready for the school Christmas pageant), the class was daily left in the hands of a sixth-grade girl who was quite a tyrant and would punish the kids based on her own ideas (mispronouncing her name was a common one).   I remember being locked in an unlit closet (quite traumatic for a kid that age) for some such imagined transgression.    We were terrorized for weeks.    I'm fairly certain this is what led me by the time I was in first grade to have all sorts of punishment fantasies.   Ultimately, be returned to diapers became one of the punishments and one I would frequently live out in real life to various extents.    It just seemed to have more intensity than the others (imagining having to sit in my underwear, electric shocks, girl's clothes, tights and leotards....).     I did out of nostalgia not too long ago relive one of the punishments that I had never reenacted as a child (being forced to sit in my underwear having been filled with flour).

I was abused emotionally as a "kid" & I had a bunch of "adult" responsibilities pawned off onto me while I was a "kid"/teenager. The emotional abuse led to a personality disorder & years of ongoing therapy. While I answered that the abuse led to my being ABDL, I am not 100% sure that this the case, I would say I am 80% sure. I needed a coping mechanism when I was a "kid" & I have always said & felt as though my "childhood" was non-existent. Being ABDL gives me a tiny sliver of that feeling.

I really have no idea whether my ABDL interest stems from my childhood misadventures. I reject armchair psychology, and for that matter have a pretty dim view of professional psychology also.

That said, fuck religious schools!

• Like 1

I looked at this survey and couldnt really answer. What counts for abuse today wasnt really the case years ago. A lot of us old timers (50+) got physically punished when we were younger including at home and at school. And some of us had parents who treated bedwetting as a discipline issue which in my case I think did contribute to some of my later fetishes. Now parents I think are more enlitened but there are still a lot of younger people on sites like this so I think that theres a lot more to our fetishes than the way our parents treat us. I dont think its productive to blame others because we have to accept who we are.

On 12/7/2018 at 2:50 PM, LilLew said:

I really have no idea whether my ABDL interest stems from my childhood misadventures. I reject armchair psychology, and for that matter have a pretty dim view of professional psychology also.

That said, fuck religious schools!

I'm not into armchair psychology, either. I just think there's a possibility that it played a role for some of us.

On 12/7/2018 at 3:29 PM, rubbersheetmike said:

I looked at this survey and couldnt really answer. What counts for abuse today wasnt really the case years ago. A lot of us old timers (50+) got physically punished when we were younger including at home and at school. And some of us had parents who treated bedwetting as a discipline issue which in my case I think did contribute to some of my later fetishes. Now parents I think are more enlitened but there are still a lot of younger people on sites like this so I think that theres a lot more to our fetishes than the way our parents treat us. I dont think its productive to blame others because we have to accept who we are.

I understand that. I don't think we should blame our parents for it at all. I've just read a lot of abuse stories on this site and I want to see if there's a possible correlation between childhood abuse and AB/DL. 

I had spankings when I was younger,but nothing traumatic.My Dad was gone most of the day to work so maybe I felt neglected a little.Pretty sure none of that info led to me being this way though and I certainly don't have a spanking fantasy,lol.

I answered yes to emotional abuse. My father was emotionallyabusive but I don't think he was awear of or abil to stop. He had a pritty shity up bringing him self. He was treated much much more badly than he treated us. Luckily I have a great mother. 

My desire for humiliation and need for being diapered is a direct correlation from being mentally abused as a child by my stepmother.  When my underwear would be messy due to an inability to properly hold my bowels at age 8 I was forced to handwash them.  I was constantly humiliated and threatened to be put back in diapers for being such a baby.  Different forms of humilation occured all through out my childhood and teenage years.  During puberty I became sexually aroused from humiliation and diapers became a means to relieve my sexual tension.

On 12/11/2018 at 12:56 AM, WetDad said:

I really don't like to think about that part of my life. I am proud to say that the abuse ended with me and was not passed on to my kids. 

I feel exactly the same way. You put it perfectly WetDad.

I don't know if bullying counts or being constantly told how bad you are by your peers and being rejected and judged because they didn't understand you and your school not following your IEP and not understanding you and always feeling like you are being treated different than your peers and always being given a different set of rules than your peers and rules only applying to you and not to everyone else. My mom had a nanny shortly who thought it was a good idea to lock you in the bathroom as a time out and she would hit if you got her mad, my mom hit me too but not as often as her but at least I wasn't afraid of her like I was with my nanny so I started to spend my time avoiding her at home and just stay in my parents closet until she left. And my mom never slapped me across the head and stuff, she only would hit me on my butt if I was bad. I have had my mouth slapped several times by her but I don't call it abuse because she only did it if I said a bad word and she had told me to not say it over and over.  Then there was my daycare teacher who didn't seem to like me and she was very inflexible and she had her way of teaching and handing her students but her way didn't work with me so I was always in trouble by her and I had behavior as a result of anxiety from her and then I either got kicked out by her or my mom took me out of that daycare, she has changed her story so I don't know which is which. Then that was how we got a nanny and then my mom fired her after she saw how she was grabbing me and seeing how scared I am and yelling in my face what a bad girl I am. That was the last of her. Then my mom was a stay at home mom for a while. 

But overall I think I had a normal childhood. I can't say I was abused if I had a normal family and there was no sexual or psychical abuse. 

On 12/11/2018 at 12:56 AM, WetDad said:

I really don't like to think about that part of my life. I am proud to say that the abuse ended with me and was not passed on to my kids. 

Fair enough. I’m glad you gave your kids a good life!

1 hour ago, spider8itch69 said:

Fair enough. I’m glad you gave your kids a good life!

Thanks. I have my father-in-law to thank for that. He was a great example of how a father should be. I still miss him, as does my wife. 

Unfortunately I was emotionally and physically abused as a child by my parents and sexually abused by a teacher at my elementrary school. Although I had a piss poor childhood, I don't think that's 100% of the reason why I am abdl. But it is definitely part of the reason.

On 12/14/2018 at 8:19 PM, Lil Fox Scotty 91 said:

Unfortunately I was emotionally and physically abused as a child by my parents and sexually abused by a teacher at my elementrary school. Although I had a piss poor childhood, I don't think that's 100% of the reason why I am abdl. But it is definitely part of the reason.

I’m sorry, that’s really rough. I have a friend who was sexually abused by their babysitter and their parents were totally unaware. 

Hi.  As a kid, i had few friends--played with 2 boys down the street, 1 of which was in my class, and his brother maybe 1 or 2 yrs younger.  But at school, i was picked on a LOT.  Told to ignore them, i could not; they sometimes made it a little physical with tripping me, poking, trying to take my stuff.  the written rules say to tell the teacher, but rats/snitches are hated more.  When i tried to defend myself, I got in trouble.  So not fair!  I cried and wanted to die, all the way through into High School.  Of course it didn't help that i'm gay, too.  

At home, both parents worked.  Mom nagged me and Dad.  No beatings, but I sometimes hid in a "fort" or someplace.  So today I'm still a bit childish, sometimes or in some ways.