LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Possible Fetish Triggers

I'm a firm believer that most of this fetish relies on 2 parts - nurturing and nature. I don't believe it's 100% something we are born with and also not 100% something that we learn from something. It's interesting to try to figure out why we are into what we are into. I don't think we can ever fully understand it (the nature part mostly), but it's fun to speculate. I was talking about this with my boyfriend ( @Dr_J ) one day, and I happened to mention something that I never thought of till recently. We were talking about old shows that may have triggered some emotions and thoughts about being ABDL, and suddenly a movie I used to be OBSESSED with when I was younger came into my head.

The Return to Oz.

At first, you may be thinking "well, that's odd." or a movie you wouldn't have associated diapers with. Well, no, there is only one particular scene (or really character) that I'm talking about. If you ever watched the movie, you are probably instantly thinking of the character of Jack Pumpkinhead. Especially with his weird request on calling Dorothy, mom. I remember when I was younger it always stuck out to me, it was always odd, but there was just SOMETHING about it. Here was a grown looking character, having a child-like attitude, calling a young girl, mom.

Looking back now, I believe this was a HUGE impact on my childhood and what shaped me to be the crazy domme mommy I am now :p 

I have not watched the movie in many years, so I'm curious to watch it again with this new 'viewpoint.'

• Like 1

Any cartoon episode where a character and am wearing always drew my attention. I can't particularly say this had a a lasting effect on my desires as an adult baby and diaper lover but definitely stirred the inner longing to want to be diapered

I remember being in my diapers and waiting to be changed at my preschool around the age of 4 and feeling a rush of happiness come over me realizing my diapers were the source of extra nurturing attention from the staff.  This made me feel special and solidified to me that my diapers were a source of comfort and security I never wanted to give up.  I wanted to stay in my diapers from that point on and wanted to be treated as a baby forevermore.  

8 minutes ago, MarkSmith said:

My obsession with this fetish is without a doubt a direct result of bring abused and humiliated as a child.  I guess that falls under nurturing?

It does, unfortunately. 

I was more thinking of like the hidden things we don't realize till many years later. There are numerous other factors that have been more well-known to me why I enjoy what I enjoy. Just talking about the movie (since it's a childhood favorite) made me realize that perhaps that particular character and odd relationship he had with Dorothy could have been a contributing factor. 

On 12/5/2018 at 10:49 AM, MarkSmith said:

My obsession with this fetish is without a doubt a direct result of bring abused and humiliated as a child.  I guess that falls under nurturing?

This is exactly the same situation for me.  Something I used to feel incredible shame and humiliation about as a child, morphed into a "fetish" or "paraphilia"  or "autonepiophilia" as the Dr's call it.

Hard to say but i think it actually was when i was watching a documentary about diffrent fetishes and being a dl came up, i wasnt in to it right away but after a bit i looked it up a bit and after a while i wanted to try it so i bought my first pack of diapers and really liked wearing them. 

It seems to be really diffrent from how most got into it but i dont really remember anything in my childhood that triggerd it. 

I remember walking into the daycare when I was about 4 or 5 and the lady that watched the babies was dressed as one complete with a disposable diaper! It fascinated me and I asked her all sorts of questions about the diaper.  It still fascinates me. I forgot to mention it was Halloween.

On 12/7/2018 at 11:30 AM, Brudda Voodu said:

This is exactly the same situation for me.  Something I used to feel incredible shame and humiliation about as a child, morphed into a "fetish" or "paraphilia"  or "autonepiophilia" as the Dr's call it.

Yes I think that can be one of there tiggers. However - just for your information: here is an other interesting discussion about that going on: 

I don’t know. In hindsight I knew I was a DL at a very early age three maybe four years old. I was the youngest of three children so no younger siblings to be jealous off. I was fully potty trained at the age of two years old, something that wasn’t uncommon at that time. Our family was is a normal average family nothing special or out of the ordinary. Even at the early age I favored diapers over normal underwear I felt free to ask for diapers and I was allowed to wear them if I wanted to. I cannot imagine anything else but I was born with the desire, if there was a second event responsible for my desire I have no idea what is was or could have been.

Mine never started from any TV shows or books or movies or TV commercials. I think mine just simply started from my own personality and my experience through life and the fact I liked wearing diapers as a toddler until they got uncomfortable and then I stopped wearing them when I figured out diapers were for babies and I wasn't a baby so I quit wearing at age 3. I didn't get into it again until I was 9 but I had always liked the feeling in peeing in a pull up but that was rare when I did it and then I would take it off because I didn't like being soggy. 

3 hours ago, Spokane Girl said:

I had always liked the feeling in peeing in a pull up but that was rare when I did it and then I would take it off because I didn't like being soggy. 

I was similar but different- I LOVE feeling wet and soggy :wub: but what I didn't (and still don't) like is feeling cold afterward. I've found that for me anyway, plastic-backed diapers or plastic/rubber panties prevent that from happening, or at least delay it for so long that I'll be changing before I get cold ^_^ When I tried premium diapers I also discovered that I love how they swell up between my legs :girl_happy:

I'm not sure you could count this as any kind of "trigger" but it does something close to that when I think about it. Another trigger for me in my early teens before I acted on wearing was seeing a toddler wearing one of the original-style Pampers openly, which was a somewhat common sight in the hot summers here among us poor people. There's something about how the back of those fold and gapped and fit which I adore. I resisted the urge to stare back then, so I probably knew this was strong in me but I was really confused about it back then. I felt similar feelings when I saw plastic panties over a cloth diaper but that was a rare thing then. All I knew for certain was that I wished it were me doing the wearing :D I still remember some of those times clearly and I still daydream about what my life would have been like had I always been in diapers like I should have been. Yet none of these things alone were strong feelings so again are they triggers? I don't know. But it's all moot now that I wear 24/7 which feels like the fulfillment of a life-long dream B)

Bettypooh

I was never sure why, but even at a time when I was still in diapers, 2.5 maybe, I have a passion for them. Back at that time it seemed to be plastic pants. I have vivid memories still, of running around the house, with a pair of plastic pants on my head, and yelling, rubber pants, rubber pants! Of course, I was also attracted to any tv subject matter, with diapers or plastic pants. I would ditch my mom in stores, so I could go down the baby isles. I would hang around, whenever I thought I might see other kids diapers. There’s plenty more, but I don’t think I need to go on in this post, unless someone had a specific question?