LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Strange days indeed - a 24 x 7 experiment

15 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

A friend of mine whose wife experiences some urinary incontinence after having birthed three children (one can understand how that might play havoc with the equipment down there, rather like having 777 come out of a hangar designed for a turboprop)

Is it just me or is the first thought that comes into the heads of others at this metaphor is along the lines of "My god!!  The propellers!!" followed by an automatic crotch-clenching...

On another note, it's a classic sign of stress incontinence but it isn't really.  I'm suspect what's happened here is that I'm learning to leave my external sphincter relaxed for longer and longer periods of time and when some kind of exertion happens that overwhelms the internal sphincter whilst I'm in that mode, humidity happens.

As usual, I remain convinced that I could stop it if I put my mind to it.

15 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

Two aspects of this were interesting to me; first, pretty much every time I've woken up in a wet diaper with no recollection of having at least started the dampening process deliberately, it was after consuming alcohol in some form. Second, for some reason, I often wee in my nappy while brushing my teeth, and I have no idea why - maybe it's habit now. But, the order of operations in the evening - and feel free to skip this bit, it's not riveting - typically would involve my either taking off my daytime nappy, using the loo, and then taking a shower, before putting a night diaper on or, if I've just come back from the gym, then taking off my boxer shorts, using the loo, taking a shower, and then the night diaper goes on. In both cases, using the loo to expel #2 (which I don't generally do in a diaper, way too much work) pretty much always elicits some wee as well, and then within 10 minutes I'm brushing my teeth, and I always feel the urge to wee, even though I've just gone. It's interesting, at least to me. I don't mind because I like the feeling of climbing into bed in a slightly damp nappy, generally. 

For me it's the running water whilst cleaning teeth.  These days it seems to almost invariably wring something out of my bladder but it isn't much.

The #2 thing is fortunately predictable and usually happens at the morning nappy change.  On the rare occasion it doesn't, I'll have to improvise.  There are a range of options.

I woke up during last night with the rather odd sensation that I'd left my sphincter open but it might have been an illusion.  I could tell I was wet but in a modern disposable, it's a bit hard to tell HOW wet until you inspect it.

Updates:  Climatic conditions outdoors right now in Queensland closely resemble those more commonly found in my underwear: wet and around 30C. 

This isn’t uncommon here this time of year.  My part of Queensland, whilst technically SUB-tropical, (south as we are of the tropic line by a couple of degrees) spends at least 6 – 7 months of the year either warm or hot and sometime between January and March we will see a few monsoonal weather events and if we’re really lucky, a tropical cyclone.

The preceding February (for which I was also diapered 24/7)  was climatically abnormal being quite dry.

This one isn’t. 

After a monumental dry spell, culminating in fires across much of the east coast, the wet season has definitely arrived and with it, constant rain, ultra-high humidity and fresh nappy challenges.  Mildew is the new normal.  I’ve noticed that the disposables in opened packets have swollen very slightly and I suspect their capacity has been slightly reduced due to that 90% humidity.  Unless I run the bedroom AC, sheets are damp and this is not leak related.  Dealing with my cloth nappies has been nightmarish.  Nothing will line-dry in this weather and for the multi-layer pull-on cloth nappies, even tumble drying them will not 100% dry them out and nor will they complete drying out in an airing cupboard.  This does NOT help odour.  Last week I could smell my wet cloth nappy before I went to bed, let alone the next morning and it was not great.  I was lucky my wife didn’t complain.

To add to the general level of nappy-related-stress, I’ve been seeing supply chain issues emerge for adult nappies in Australia.  I suspect the China lock-down for Corona Virus may have something to do with this.  Soon I will be wearing “second choice” brands as I’m eating into my reserve.

On Thursday early morning, I had a routine GP appointment.  These happen at roughly 6 monthly intervals.  My old GP retired and I was to meet the new guy.  Typically, I squibbed on going diapered and after much rummaging around, found a pair of underwear. 

My pants felt oddly empty and I was acutely aware that without nappy/plastic pants/compression pant, movement was much easier.  As the GP is just around the corner, the entire venture took less than 45m so there was no “range anxiety” but for the entire time, I kept the fact that I was undiapered in front-of-mind to avoid any inadvertent leaks.

It occurred to me that this is the third 6-monthly GP appointment that I’ve had to remove diapers for and I wonder if I will reach a point where removing that diaper is no longer a safe option for dignity and furniture and instead, I’ll have to go in a nappy and have an uncomfortable conversation.

@oznl, I wonder if you could get some of the silica gel molecular sieve material to remove humidity and store your disposables in a large refuse bag with the anti-humidity materials to keep them as dry as possible.

27 minutes ago, DL-Boy said:

@oznl, I wonder if you could get some of the silica gel molecular sieve material to remove humidity and store your disposables in a large refuse bag with the anti-humidity materials to keep them as dry as possible.

I think for my working week day/afternoon/night nappies, I'm burning through them fast enough for this not to be a huge issue.  Because each "shift" is generally a different brand or capacity, there are usually three bags open at any time.  The one I need to watch out for is my "weekend day" nappies.  I'm using the 10 drop Molicare "elastic".  Effectively, I'm only using 2 - 4 of these per week so I've realised that a bag will remain opened for up to a month lurking under my bed.  It was from THIS bag that I retrieved a curiously-pre-swollen nappy the other day.  I'm thinking I'll at least start keeping these in a plastic refuse bag.

On a related note, my monthly nappy delivery arrived today.  I screwed up and under-estimated what I already had.  Now I have nearly 5 cases of nappies stashed away but not necessarily in the brand mix that I need.  Note to self, do NOT order in March, just make do, you simply don't have the storage space!

On 2/12/2020 at 6:54 PM, oznl said:

Is it just me or is the first thought that comes into the heads of others at this metaphor is along the lines of "My god!!  The propellers!!" followed by an automatic crotch-clenching...

On another note, it's a classic sign of stress incontinence but it isn't really.  I'm suspect what's happened here is that I'm learning to leave my external sphincter relaxed for longer and longer periods of time and when some kind of exertion happens that overwhelms the internal sphincter whilst I'm in that mode, humidity happens.

As usual, I remain convinced that I could stop it if I put my mind to it.

For me it's the running water whilst cleaning teeth.  These days it seems to almost invariably wring something out of my bladder but it isn't much.

The #2 thing is fortunately predictable and usually happens at the morning nappy change.  On the rare occasion it doesn't, I'll have to improvise.  There are a range of options.

I woke up during last night with the rather odd sensation that I'd left my sphincter open but it might have been an illusion.  I could tell I was wet but in a modern disposable, it's a bit hard to tell HOW wet until you inspect it.

Interesting about brushing the teeth. My hubby tells me that since he was a little boy, the act of brushing his teeth would often lead to wetting or at least the strong urge. And it is still the same even when in a nappy. He always wets while brushing his teeth and I never knew why. I thought it was the act of stooping over (he is tall) but maybe it is the sound of running water after all!

On 2/14/2020 at 2:57 PM, oznl said:

I think for my working week day/afternoon/night nappies, I'm burning through them fast enough for this not to be a huge issue.  Because each "shift" is generally a different brand or capacity, there are usually three bags open at any time.  The one I need to watch out for is my "weekend day" nappies.  I'm using the 10 drop Molicare "elastic".  Effectively, I'm only using 2 - 4 of these per week so I've realised that a bag will remain opened for up to a month lurking under my bed.  It was from THIS bag that I retrieved a curiously-pre-swollen nappy the other day.  I'm thinking I'll at least start keeping these in a plastic refuse bag.

On a related note, my monthly nappy delivery arrived today.  I screwed up and under-estimated what I already had.  Now I have nearly 5 cases of nappies stashed away but not necessarily in the brand mix that I need.  Note to self, do NOT order in March, just make do, you simply don't have the storage space!

ah.... been there, done that!

1 hour ago, rosalie.bent said:

Interesting about brushing the teeth. My hubby tells me that since he was a little boy, the act of brushing his teeth would often lead to wetting or at least the strong urge. And it is still the same even when in a nappy. He always wets while brushing his teeth and I never knew why. I thought it was the act of stooping over (he is tall) but maybe it is the sound of running water after all!

I can vouch for the "Water running" theory.  Even if I can keep the urge under control and do not wet, I get the burning sensation in my bladder (peeing is eminent) when I run water, either while brushing my teeth, filling the ice trays, getting the cats' water, or even filling my stainless steel mug with ice water at work.  If I'm wearing underwear or if I'm nude (as with my weekday morning routine), I will control the urge fairly well (I do leak at times when nude in front of my lavatory in the morning).  If I'm wearing a diaper, I still try to modulate the flow a little because I try to keep one diaper all day long if possible and try to use the big-boy potty as much as possible at work.  Still, I do get a bit of wetting with almost any running water event unless I pay very close attention to my bladder.

12 minutes ago, DL-Boy said:

I can vouch for the "Water running" theory.

It's interesting isn't it?  I'm pretty sure it affects a lot of people, maybe everyone, but why?  I'd imagine there's been some scientific study to look into it, as it clearly doesn't just affect us on this forum, but I've never seen any reference to such studies.  When I go to brush my teeth, I wet.  When I fill the kettle, I wet.  Before I was wearing nappies, if I was in a public toilet and feeling too nervous to go, I used to think about running water, and that often did the trick.

11 hours ago, rosalie.bent said:

To be a little more accurate, it's the brushing-of-the-teeth that more or less guarantees that a night nappy put on dry for that ceremony is usually at least ever-so-slightly damp before I get into bed.  Running water in general will provoke pee.

Like @Stroller I was well aware of this quirk well before  permanent nappies and had simply written it off as a kind of Pavlovian conditioning.

After prolonged 24/7 nappy usage however, the reaction seems to have become much stronger (or, perhaps my ability to resist this reaction has grown much weaker).  Just a few months ago I wet my nappy unintentionally rinsing something at a sink.  It was of absolutely zero consequence of course (I was in a dry nappy!) but I could not recall consciously deciding to do that (although I'd made no attempt to stop it either).  I just ran the tap and within seconds, felt a characteristic warm wetness forming at my crotch.

56 minutes ago, oznl said:

To be a little more accurate, it's the brushing-of-the-teeth that more or less guarantees that a night nappy put on dry for that ceremony is usually at least ever-so-slightly damp before I get into bed.  Running water in general will provoke pee.

Like @Stroller I was well aware of this quirk well before  permanent nappies and had simply written it off as a kind of Pavlovian conditioning.

After prolonged 24/7 nappy usage however, the reaction seems to have become much stronger (or, perhaps my ability to resist this reaction has grown much weaker).  Just a few months ago I wet my nappy unintentionally rinsing something at a sink.  It was of absolutely zero consequence of course (I was in a dry nappy!) but I could not recall consciously deciding to do that (although I'd made no attempt to stop it either).  I just ran the tap and within seconds, felt a characteristic warm wetness forming at my crotch.

One of my very few memories from childhood was being in hospital (I think they were to remove my tonsils, very fashionable in the 1950s) When I was 3/4, the nurse wanted a urine sample which I was clearly unable to give. She got two jugs, one of water and poured said water from one to the other and back again  ...  the effect was immediate, I weed!!! Just like standing next to a fountain, guarenteed.

3 hours ago, oznl said:

It is a fascinating insight. I always thought it was oversold but perhaps it is far more common than I thought!

On 2/13/2020 at 11:27 PM, oznl said:

Diapers are effectively filled with desiccant themselves; the best bet is to put them into a trash bag that is tied shut. Before I opened up to my spouse, I used to keep a large portion of my diaper inventory on a high shelf in the garage, behind tires, where I knew my wife was about as likely to venture, as she was to watch a YouTube video and then reline the brakes on her car. Or become an astronaut. Equal probabilities. Anyway, where I live, we have several weeks in the summer of high humidity, and I generally have multiple bags of diapers open, because I have different diapers for different occasions: really big ones for when I'm going to bed and I know I'll be home most of the morning the next day, smaller but still bulky ones for night wear or wearing around the house when the kids aren't home, and slim ones for wearing out or wearing at home when they kids are around. Tying them up in garbage bags stops the swelling. 

Now, I've moved them all down to shelves in the basement, but I still leave them bagged, because we've had a couple of incidents with water down there, and diapers are expensive. 

In this week’s faux pas, I removed a worn-but-unsullied pair of Tena pull-ups and PUL waterproof pants whilst changing into a Babykins cloth pull-on nappy, plastic pants and shorts before exiting our walk-in-robe stage left, only to leave the aforementioned Tena-inside-Waterproof pant laying on top of a cabinet as a mute testament to my egregious negligence.

Bigger questions:  Why was I in a Tena pull-up?  Why was it dry?  Why is my entire first paragraph just one sentence?  I’ll answer two out of three.

That day, I’d finished work and headed to the gym to change out of my BetterDry and get some exercise.  As is practical, I put on underwear for the brief 45m work-out.  I did finish up with a slight damp patch on said underwear at the end of the session (this has happened a couple of times) but I’m not sure if it was pee or just sweat.  As it was going to be a “cloth nappy” night, I showered (made sure I was “empty” whilst in there) and pulled on a re-usable Tena instead of wasting a tape nappy as I knew it would only be a short time before I got home and that my cloth nappies would last all the way until next morning.  For the 30m evening commute, if the Tena gets wet, it goes in the bin but if it stays dry, it can play another round next week.  The other week one of those Tena got a tiny bit wet without me seeming to notice but that’s another story.

Anyway, during changing and dressing, I’d parked my removed nappy gear on the cabinet top and when done, instead of taking it to my study cupboard for recycling, somehow I just walked out and left it there: oops-a-daisy.

Presumably this was subsequently discovered by my wife whilst she was throwing all of our coat-hangers onto the floor before bed (this is a thing she does).  Somehow, this inescapably confronting visual cut through her usual “Nappies?  I see no nappies!” psychological defense shield. 

How might these be unseen?

Later that night after she had already gone to bed, I went back to our walk-in-robe to get ready for my own repose only to discover that curiously, a selection of my t-shirts had been removed from their shelf and arranged into an interesting kind of pile on an otherwise-empty cabinet top.  It was as though a small tent had been collapsed on top of a dead rabbit.

I removed a t-shirt to reveal not an expired bunny in repose but a side of waterproof PUL pant and a flash of Tena nappy.  Memories of my preceding misdemeanor flooded back.

In the morning, no mention was made but none was necessary.  Her carefully constructed t-shirt-based concealment device stood as a succinct, three-dimensional haiku of her disapproval.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, oznl said:

Anyway, during changing and dressing, I’d parked my removed nappy gear on the cabinet top and when done, instead of taking it to my study cupboard for recycling, somehow I just walked out and left it there: oops-a-daisy.

I had a somewhat similar experience this week, although it provoked no reaction. I was wearing a Rearz Barnyard that had nearly reached capacity (I'd had it on since the night before), but I had a conference call I had to participate in, and then I thought perhaps I might have to head out, but I wasn't sure at that point, so I didn't want to select my next diaper, until I knew if I'd be wearing it around the house or out in the world. So, I threw a pair of clear plastic pants on over the Barnyard for backup, and did my call. The call ran long and the diaper ran short, and the plastic pants did save me having to wash my jeans. When I swapped my diaper, I took a quick shower, and I took the plastic pants in with me for a quick rinse, then I shook them out, and tossed them over the faucet of our bath tub, which is separate from the shower and basically sits in the middle of our bathroom like a car in a showroom that is never driven (I think my wife uses it about once a year). So, the plastic pants were somewhat on display. I realized this as I merged onto the highway about an hour later, but there was nothing to be done about it at that point. 

I got home much later in the evening, and the plastic pants had been tossed into the tub, but that was it. No comments were made or solicited. 

I realize my relationship with my partner is MY relationship, but I cannot fathom having a spouse allowing or disallowing anything in my life.  (Aside from lying, cheating, destructive behavior, etc)

I would have terminated any relationship with control issues like that.  

My wife doesn’t “get” my diaper life, and I am respectful of boundaries (no dirty diapers when she’s around), but I wear at my pleasure.

sit down, talk it out.  This is ttttoooooooo big of a part of you to keep stuffed in a bottle.  If you can’t be happy, move on.

....and that’s my .02 cents. 

11 hours ago, PoopyDiaperDude said:

I realize my relationship with my partner is MY relationship, but I cannot fathom having a spouse allowing or disallowing anything in my life.  (Aside from lying, cheating, destructive behavior, etc)

My wife doesn’t “get” my diaper life, and I am respectful of boundaries (no dirty diapers when she’s around), but I wear at my pleasure.

sit down, talk it out.  This is ttttoooooooo big of a part of you to keep stuffed in a bottle.  If you can’t be happy, move on.

Yep.   Me too.  That's why I rebelled and followed my heart into 24/7.  When I did this, I offered her an amicable and equitable "out" if she wanted it.  She did not.  The other 95% of our relationship is ok.

I made it pretty clear though that I was done with her attempting to control me in that way and I think she got that memo.  I can't make her like it though.

I'm hoping those vignettes I write don't sound like I'm whining because I'm not.  Yeah, it would be great if she was a little warmer about it and fabulous if she was enthusiastic but I'll survive.

I write about it not to complain but because I wanted to explain what 24/7 was REALLY like for somebody in the context of an otherwise-normal relationship.  There's so much fantasy out there, I'm offering up a lukewarm, slightly gritty dish of reality ?

• Like 1

On another topic,  BetterDry have reappeared in stock down here (after several weeks' absence)  but with a fairly steep 13% price rise.  Since they are made in Germany and priced in Euros, there isn't an exchange rate explanation for this.

So, I'm looking around for alternatives.

Chatting with @rosalie.bent on another thread, she tells me that ABU Simples are available and the case-price is ok.  And so they are.  I won't dive straight into a case however, I'll try a pack but I've a question about sizing.  For pretty much any disposable nappy I can try, I'd be a "large".  I have a 44" waist (yes, I know...).  The BetterDry large are more-than-ample.  According to the sizing guide for ABU Simple however, I'd be sitting on the border between "L" and "XL".  If anybody has any real-world feedback about what might suit best,  it would be appreciated.  I had a poke around in the product forums but either didn't look carefully enough or the comparison wasn't there.

18 minutes ago, oznl said:

On another topic,  BetterDry have reappeared in stock down here (after several weeks' absence)  but with a fairly steep 13% price rise.  Since they are made in Germany and priced in Euros, there isn't an exchange rate explanation for this.

So, I'm looking around for alternatives.

Chatting with @rosalie.bent on another thread, she tells me that ABU Simples are available and the case-price is ok.  And so they are.  I won't dive straight into a case however, I'll try a pack but I've a question about sizing.  For pretty much any disposable nappy I can try, I'd be a "large".  I have a 44" waist (yes, I know...).  The BetterDry large are more-than-ample.  According to the sizing guide for ABU Simple however, I'd be sitting on the border between "L" and "XL".  If anybody has any real-world feedback about what might suit best,  it would be appreciated.  I had a poke around in the product forums but either didn't look carefully enough or the comparison wasn't there.

All I can tell you is that in Rearz, my baby is a medium but in ABU, is a Large. Maybe you should just get a could samples so you can tell which is best. My baby is also on the border betwee M and L. We got a pack of Tykables in medium but they were really too small and only barely did the job. All you can do is try a few and see. ABU single packs are expensive but boxes are very well priced.

Do you need plain nappies specifically?

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, rosalie.bent said:

All I can tell you is that in Rearz, my baby is a medium but in ABU, is a Large. Maybe you should just get a could samples so you can tell which is best. My baby is also on the border betwee M and L. We got a pack of Tykables in medium but they were really too small and only barely did the job. All you can do is try a few and see. ABU single packs are expensive but boxes are very well priced.

Do you need plain nappies specifically?

Yep.  I'm going to be at the top end of L or bottom end of XL with ABU.  I was tossing up to try a single pack of one or the other.

As for plain nappies, whilst I probably wouldn't care much one way or the other (assuming i wasn't paying a premium for a decor I don't really need) but I suspect that my long suffering spouse would go ballistic after deciding I must be a pedophile if I was spotted in something in an obviously infantile design.

33 minutes ago, oznl said:

Yep.  I'm going to be at the top end of L or bottom end of XL with ABU.  I was tossing up to try a single pack of one or the other.

As for plain nappies, whilst I probably wouldn't care much one way or the other (assuming i wasn't paying a premium for a decor I don't really need) but I suspect that my long suffering spouse would go ballistic after deciding I must be a pedophile if I was spotted in something in an obviously infantile design.

I figured there was an external reason. We keep some plain nappies for doctors visits and in case of hospitals etc. 

9 hours ago, PoopyDiaperDude said:

Your writings are fine, and I’m sure cathartic for you.  I’m just providing commentary/perspective.

No problems at all.  I'm interested to hear them!

13 hours ago, oznl said:

I just don't understand some vanillas who can't get it into their brains that ABDL is about BEING LIKE a child, not BEING WITH one.

There is nothing pedophilic about having a desire to return to childhood, for comfort, security or whatever. It doesn't mean you have an attraction to children at all!

14 hours ago, oznl said:

I imagine ordering things in from Canada would be insanely expensive for you, but I thought I'd mention that Rearz is selling off their Inspire diapers in an obsolete package size at a good price. I think the exchange between CAD and AUD is usually pretty close. These are plain white, large, very capacious nappies, quite comfortable. I'm not sure if you'd need the L or the XL - I'm in the L when I wear them, and I have a 38 waist, but I have tree trunks for legs, which tends to put me up a size - my waist for most brands would fall into the Medium range, but the bottom tapes on most medium diapers won''t make it to the landing zone on me. The XL's are gigantic; I suspect they may be overkill for you as well. 

On 2/22/2020 at 7:51 AM, PoopyDiaperDude said:

This is good advice, generally, but, I have kids and a house and it would be very complicated to say "Cheerio, have a good life", based strictly on my desire to wear infantile underwear. I still don't know what I would have done if my wife had said "it's the diapers or me", because blowing apart my domestic situation would be catastrophically expensive, both socially and in monetary terms. But, at the same time, I don't know that I can imagine living a life without diapers. I guess I'd have gone back to sneaking around and travelling for business more than necessary just to get some padded time in here and there. I'm really, really glad that, while my spouse hasn't embraced my wardrobe preferences, neither has she presented me with any ultimatums or put up any real obstacles. So far, anyway. 

• Thanks 1

So around six months ago, I read your story.  Just this weekend, I reread, and got current.  I'm glad I did.  I just want to let you know, that while i appreciate you sharing your journey with us, what i really come back for is your writing.  I think if someone else shared the same exact events, it wouldn't be anywhere near as interesting.  Best of luck to ya, and I hope you keep it up.

• Thanks 2