LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I swear I'm not a creeper, just an old guy....

dyperbole

I know I'm getting old, but this is getting ridiculous.

Anyway, here's an apology to those of you whose profiles I've accidentally clicked on over the last year or so.  I tend to try to read forum messages by clicking on the last post time, which gets me to the last post in the thread.  Unfortunately, I tend to miss clicking the last post time and accidentally click on the username that posted last.  Instead of reading the post, I've got the last poster's profile up.  

Like the title sez, I'm not a creeper -- not trying to get all up in yer business.  I just have occasional problems getting my mouse pointer on the last post time.  I've done it like 5 times in the last week or so.

First, I do the same thing and I also have clicked on the posters user name instead of the last post.  No big deal.  That's why people have profiles to begin with, so others will know something about who they are.  Personally, here as well as on Diapermates I have received messages or chats where someone starts out "Hi little baby" or asks if I need a mommy or things of that nature.  If they had bothered to look over or read my profile, they would clearly see I am strictly a DL and not interested in AB play or AB lifestyles.  To each his own, but my first thought when I get a message out of the blue like that is, "What an ass!  They can't even take the time to look at my profile before sending me a message!"  If you don't fill out your profile, you deserve to get people sending you messages that may be contrary to your interests and it's your own fault.  When you fill out your profile and clearly state your likes and dislikes and then someone sends you a contrary message, it's their fault and (although I wouldn't say it in this manner), you kind of have the right to say, "Geez!  Don't you ever read someone's profile to see their interests and likes before sending them a message like this?"  People can fill out a pretty complete profile on this site telling others of their likes and interests without giving away any personal information that could identify them to anyone they might personally know.  After all, this is a social site for like minded people.  All you have to do if you are a member and don't want to interact is state in your profile, "Not interested in chatting or messaging with others please"  Of course, people here have to look at your profile first to ever read that!  Just because someone clicks on your profile to read it doesn't mean they are a creepy perverted weirdo.  That's what the profiles are for!  Now, how they act to you after reading your profile if they message you could be a different story.

I have similar issues with my tablet. No matter how careful I try to be, that dam# touchscreen is small and mis-interprets my inputs. I hate touch-screens :rant: Finding the right speed for your mouse might help- I can't keep up with fast at all and have had to slow mine down to a level where tiny movements when I click a button don't translate into significant cursor movement. Just the "joy of computing" I guess :whistling:

We get our share of people who ain't smart when it comes to interpersonal interactions and inappropriate messages. My usual response is to either ignore them or reply that I'm not interested thank you. Rarely does it go past that. Maybe when they see I'm a Mod their brain starts functioning and tells them their actions might have unwanted consequences :P You can block members you don't want to see or deal with, but if you feel like you're being harassed after you've told someone you're not interested, then let us know and we'll have a talk with that person about having and using good manners on this website :doctor:We have ways of curing that little problem

Bettypooh

And here I thought you kept returning because I am so cute that you had a crush on me. Now I find it is all and accident. You have hurt my feelings exscrewciatingly :)

Profiles are there to be clicked on and read and if someone keeps returning that it means you have an insteresting profile. Now I find it is all unintensional [sobs inconsolable]

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Little Christine said:

And here I thought you kept returning because I am so cute that you had a crush on me. Now I find it is all and accident. You have hurt my feelings exscrewciatingly :)

Profiles are there to be clicked on and read and if someone keeps returning that it means you have an insteresting profile. Now I find it is all unintensional [sobs inconsolable]

Well, maybe not all were accidental......:)

For reals though, I'm more aggravated that I'm hitting the wrong thing with my mouse.  I don't mind visiting the occasional profile, but I want it to be my idea, and not my mouse skills making the decision.  And I'm hitting some of the same ones several times a week because they post frequently.

I suppose I could request that the forum software's next update have a larger last post time so oldies like me miss it less often.  The username and avatar both lead to the profile when clicked, so that's large enough for me.  

I'm with Little Christine on this one:  I thought the profiles were there *exactly* to be clicked on.   If I see somebody who has made an interesting or intelligent comment on something, it's quite likely that I will click on their profile to see if they've had other things to say that I might find interesting.  I hope they take it as a compliment, not that I'm stalking them!

Having said that, I don't look at DD using the touch devices in the house.  I can see that might be an issue.  God knows what I'd end up doing...

In all fairness, the site doesn't keep track of members viewing profiles if they aren't signed in. Anyone could view my profile all they want without signing in and I would be none the wiser. I can also right-click user images (online or offline) to either download or search google for those images. I'd definitely keep identifying information on this site to a minimum.

On 12/4/2018 at 11:56 AM, Bettypooh said:

I have similar issues with my tablet. No matter how careful I try to be, that dam# touchscreen is small and mis-interprets my inputs. I hate touch-screens :rant: Finding the right speed for your mouse might help- I can't keep up with fast at all and have had to slow mine down to a level where tiny movements when I click a button don't translate into significant cursor movement. Just the "joy of computing" I guess :whistling:

We get our share of people who ain't smart when it comes to interpersonal interactions and inappropriate messages. My usual response is to either ignore them or reply that I'm not interested thank you. Rarely does it go past that. Maybe when they see I'm a Mod their brain starts functioning and tells them their actions might have unwanted consequences :P You can block members you don't want to see or deal with, but if you feel like you're being harassed after you've told someone you're not interested, then let us know and we'll have a talk with that person about having and using good manners on this website :doctor:We have ways of curing that little problem

Bettypooh

FWIW (& I hope no manufacturer still does this), I have an ancient GW2k notebook that gave me a lot of grief when it was newer; erratic operation of the "Touchpad." We went to one of their actual stores & were told those were only shipped with the MOUSE-driver & not the touchpad-driver "...because everyone just gets a mouse & mousepad anyway." Tried to point out that when the touchpad doesn't work right, that's why people hang it up & get a mouse...
I'm confident I only heard myself speaking the same English I was speaking all day. But to read the blank stares, one might think I'd shipped into Chinese (which I don't speak). The topic suddenly had too many moving parts!  I don't DO this site on my phone b/c it uses Android--which means if it's on my phone I may as well have shared it with some Rattle-can-Rembrandt & bought him $50 worth of paint to publish it on railcars & underpasses! So I only know how DD works via desktop & regular mouse. But I know how twitchy my Galaxy s7edge is with the stuff I do on it--pick the blanking thing up with 1 finger out-of-position, it opens some app I've never heard-of. At least I'm not getting billed for magazines I never subscribed-to or received. Best regards!

Hell! Sometimes I will read a forum post, and wonder about the posters profile, go to check it, only to realize, I have done so before but didn’t recall looking at it. “ That’s what I get for getting old”! Lol. And I can’t blame it on, a mouse, or a stupid touch screen, or small icons! :70_EmoticonsHDcom:

• Like 1

Whatever shall you do when you reach my age? [and the first one who says "slit my throat" gets turned into a frog]. I very occasionally make the mistake of mis-clicking, meaning to get the post time and getting the profile

Well it is either that or I AM creepy BWA-HA-HA-HA! [hiccup]

I think as long as you're not actually creeping someone by asking inappropriate questions or propositioning someone, just looking at their profile is fine. That's why we have profiles. Go ahead, have a look. Nothing wrong with that.

8 hours ago, Missy Q said:

I don't see a problem with profile viewing. It's why we have profiles to begin with! 

People become creeps based on how they interact with you via chat/pm/posts, etc.

This states it better than anyone could!  Simple and directly to the point!

Don't worry, profile creeping is normal. If people didn't want anyone viewing their profile, they wouldn't be posting here because they don't have that feature where you can have it be private and only friends can see it. 

I say it becomes a problem if someone uses it just to find posts to use against you or just to reply to you and all they do is attack you because they are mad at you about something, that is when you report them. 

I like to look at profiles to look for people with more things in common, so I feel like I am scanning profiles sometimes, I don't share details much, because its the internet. If I find someone that I think I am able to learn from and share my mistakes with.