LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

People steal the darndest things

This article on a "porch pirate" caught stealing UPS deliveries shows some of his booty.    In the pictures are a package of prevail perfit diapers and a package of attends.   If you're in Milwaukee county and you're missing a diaper delivery, the Greenfield police have your stuff...

https://fox6now.com/2018/12/03/175-stolen-items-recovered-man-arrested-in-connection-with-package-thefts-in-milwaukee-co/?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

This has the makings of a fun holiday story inspiration...

That said, stealing other people's packages sucks.  Some people might've had to budget for the things they ordered and might have trouble affording replacements/ might not be able to afford replacing the stolen goods. Especially sucks around Christmas time. ?  I hope the judge throws the book at the sticky-fingered crook. 

You better make sure it is fun. If it puts people to sleep, we will never hear the end of it from local residents and it will be the bore that made Milwaukee flame us

Last holiday season my older brother don in Florida sent us a bunch of technology ($500-$600 worth of stuff), and we never got the package; it was supposedly "delivered" at 1:30 PM on a specific date, but we never even saw the package; not sure if the delivery man or someone working for the delivery company stole it; or maybe it was delivered but the delivery man scanned it a while before they actually delivered it, and then someone stole it.

It wouldnt surprise me if someone had saw the delivery truck, waited for the drop to happen and then stole it; but regardless my brother had talked to the delivery company and he claimed the insurance money he put on it.

I highly doubt the thief that took all those packages had any clue some of them contained diapers though.

My mother ha a friend who abandoned her house when the oil furnace started leaking. Yes, she just walked away from the house. When she went back to check on it at one point, someone had stolen the grand piano out of the living room.

These creeps are just out to try and steal anything they can.  They don't know what's in the packages when they swipe them from someone's porch, they just hope it's expensive electronics they can sell on EBAY or wherever.  I would venture to say some of the stuff gets tossed in their trash, the things they can't sell for big money.  The diapers, plastic children toys, things like that.  I love it when they show someone getting caught on the TV news!  The other night one homeowner caught a woman taking a package off her porch and confronted her right then and there, and it was all caught on video.  Personally, I'd like to do two things.  Catch someone taking a package off my porch (with video proof) and have a doberman or pit bull detain them until the police arrive.  Second is to plant a fake package so that when it's opened both an indelible red dye explodes and covers them, plus a horrid stink smell that's impossible to wash off.  Try explaining that to your family, neighbors, coworkers and especially the police!  This time of year is especially bad for package stealers.  Anything I have delivered to my home fits in my mailbox and is not expensive (DVD's, books).  Anything else I would have delivered Fed Ex to my local Wallgreens for pick up to insure it won't be swiped off my porch.

Apparently in Jersey City the police got a bunch of fake amazon boxes and set up a trap with GPS in the boxes so they could go directly to the porch package thieves and arrest them; one of them took the bait and took one of their packages only 3 minutes after it was dropped off.

At least steal from Walmart or something, stealing packages from individuals, off of their porch nonetheless is just awful, and what if they aren't insured and the individual/family cant replace the contents?

Not that I condone this, but Amazon is pretty good at doing the replacement.   Of course, they screw up badly themselves.  

I once got a box delivered to me.   It had my name and address on it but inside was a packing slip and a bunch of kids presents for somebody else's order.

3 hours ago, willnotwill said:

Not that I condone this, but Amazon is pretty good at doing the replacement.   Of course, they screw up badly themselves.  

I once got a box delivered to me.   It had my name and address on it but inside was a packing slip and a bunch of kids presents for somebody else's order.

That is one of the perks of gigantic businesses like Amazon, they can usually write off replacements for lost/stolen items because it doesn't happen very often and there is usually enough of a profit margin to cover occasional losses.

Now if an individual or a Mom and Pop store was selling something and they don't pay extra for insurance, and something is lost or stolen, they end up having to eat that expense (either as losing the money because of having to issue a refund, or having to lose another item because they choose to send a replacement in hopes of making that customer a repeat customer).

I once had sent out a video game, it should have been delivered within 2 or 3 days, wouldn't you know it was lost for 1 month (or longer) and then by the time they tracked it down and gave it back to me I had to issue a refund because the customer had bought it as a present (for Xmas I think) and they had to buy the same thing a 2nd time from another seller; not my fault, but nonetheless it still sucks.

But yeah, I hope the cops in a bunch of cities keep doing the same thing as the Jersey City cops to deter porch pirates.

• 3 weeks later...

Just two weeks ago I got a wide flat screen tv from amazon.  My delivery sticker for another package (much cheaper) was on one side with a much lower weight than actually was, on other side of the box was the delivery sticker for who actually ordered the tv.  No external packaging box, just product plainly advertising it is a nice tv.  

I called amazon and reported the screwup and they asked that I X out my tag, they would re-order my missing order (more delay), and leave tv on front porch to be picked up.  I took it in at 9pm when it got to be too late at night, knowing someone would steal it.

After 5 days of this nonsense I spotted the amazon prime delivery van and took the tv to the driver.  He refused to take it saying he didn’t deliver it.  I had to show him the proper delivery tag and explain that it wasn’t me.  He finally took it.  Geez, I should have just kept the tv, it was a nice one.

l’m sure the person who ordered it got another one and amazon just wrote it off and my return just caused them headaches.

I wonder if I would have gone through this hassle if I got the wrong delivery and it was diapers instead?  Probably be wearing them now.  I mean, it would be my porch, not someone else’s.