LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Doing Laundry

Doing Laundry  

14 members have voted

1. 1. For cloth diaper wearers only: How often do you do laundry?

• Once a week
    • Twice a week
    • Three times a week
    • Every day

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/31/2018 at 06:59 AM

For my other things, because I have a 500lb capacity washer and a (aging) heavy duty dryer, and a good supply of clothes, once a month

Seeing as I wear 24/7 and I use cloth diapers 99% of the time, I have to wash every other day. If I don't the diaper pail runs over. It also starts to smell and my wife is sure to let me know!

I wash my nappies every two days.  I've got two plastic buckets with lids.  When there's just Mummy & me here I keep one in the bathroom, & when it's full I switch it for the other, & put the full one in the outhouse where the washing machine is.  Two days generally fills both buckets, & I usually put them in a wash overnight (cheaper electricity then).  They don't go smelly in 2 days, but any longer and they would - I don't poo in nappies generally.  And two days of nappies just about fills the washer.  I don't soak them.  When the kids are here I have to hide them in my secret cupboard under the bath until I can sneak them out to the wash.

I don't wear 24/7 so I don't have a vast supply of diapers. That necessitates washing them every day. I usually have one or two diapers/soakers/boosters that I hold over until the next day, though. I soak used diapers in Purex non-chlorine bleach and rinse them well so there is no smell. I wash diapers/PUL pants in Purex laundry soap as I found it is the best for removing stains and not harming the cloth.

While still wearing cloth (nighttime only) I machine laundered them once a week along with everything else.  Between wash days I thoroughly washed/rinsed them each morning in the shower, line or rack dried and wore again the following night.  Sure most are thinking gross, but I’m convinced my shower washing was just as effective as machine washing.

• 11 months later...

By rinsing out my diaper(s) before I take them or my cover off with my hand held shower head I can go a week or longer before doing laundry. After the warm water fills my plastic pants I drain and remove them, place them in warm water with liquid hand soap and aloe vera to soak before hanging them on the shower head when I’m finished showering. Then the shower head is pressed between the back of the diaper and the shower wall while I remove the safety pins. Next the diaper(s) and soakers are laid out in the tub. The terry hand towel liner is removed and empty into a plastic basin latter to be emptied into the toilet. The other items are rinsed individually and placed on the back of my shower chair to drain while I finish my shower. Before the next shower/diaper rinse I take the drained diaper(s) and soakers and place them into a large plastic tote. I might be nose blind but others have been in my house and I’ve asked if they notice any odors emanating from my bathroom and have been told no. Even during summer I’ve never had any problems with mold or smell being everything is well rinsed. The terry hand towels that I use for liners and rinsed down and put in a plastic pail to soak if they don’t rinse out satisfactorily and then ran through a separate rinse cycle in my washer before doing the wash cycle with the diapers and soakers. I remember when I was a kid and disposables were very rare. Most folks had diaper pails in their bathrooms and they usually emitted quite an odor but I’ve had no such problem. Actually, I probably could dry the diapers and soakers after draining them and reuse them but this wouldn’t kill any remaining bacteria like my bleach, Tide powder and vinegar does in the laundry. It took me a couple of years to get this diapering/laundry system refined but now it’s working well enough that I haven’t changed anything for nearly 2 years. Fecal incontinence without access to a shower with a hand held shower head would be a major difficulty but with it and a chlorine cleanser for the tub it’s quite manageable.

3 hours ago, Zdog said:

By rinsing out my diaper(s) before I take them or my cover off with my hand held shower head I can go a week or longer before doing laundry. After the warm water fills my plastic pants I drain and remove them, place them in warm water with liquid hand soap and aloe vera to soak before hanging them on the shower head when I’m finished showering. Then the shower head is pressed between the back of the diaper and the shower wall while I remove the safety pins. Next the diaper(s) and soakers are laid out in the tub. The terry hand towel liner is removed and empty into a plastic basin latter to be emptied into the toilet. The other items are rinsed individually and placed on the back of my shower chair to drain while I finish my shower. Before the next shower/diaper rinse I take the drained diaper(s) and soakers and place them into a large plastic tote. I might be nose blind but others have been in my house and I’ve asked if they notice any odors emanating from my bathroom and have been told no. Even during summer I’ve never had any problems with mold or smell being everything is well rinsed. The terry hand towels that I use for liners and rinsed down and put in a plastic pail to soak if they don’t rinse out satisfactorily and then ran through a separate rinse cycle in my washer before doing the wash cycle with the diapers and soakers. I remember when I was a kid and disposables were very rare. Most folks had diaper pails in their bathrooms and they usually emitted quite an odor but I’ve had no such problem. Actually, I probably could dry the diapers and soakers after draining them and reuse them but this wouldn’t kill any remaining bacteria like my bleach, Tide powder and vinegar does in the laundry. It took me a couple of years to get this diapering/laundry system refined but now it’s working well enough that I haven’t changed anything for nearly 2 years. Fecal incontinence without access to a shower with a hand held shower head would be a major difficulty but with it and a chlorine cleanser for the tub it’s quite manageable.

I now use disposable with plastic pants, but I have a stock of cloth I have used before but had issues with smells etc, I see your info, rinsing in the shower is great as well as fun, I wash my plastic pants in the shower. But I didn't see how long do you keep your cloth diapers etc in the pail? do you get a week? I am planing to save money using cloth at night, and your method sounds good. I only need to be concerned about pee smells for now.

I regularly wash once a week.  But, I  rinse  out the diaper from night before during morning shower and hang to dry.  Most of the year I hang diapers and plastic pants to dry in my garage.

When I was wearing cloth 24/7 I'd keep the diapers bagged up for no more than three days before I washed them.   I was home all the time, so it wasn't that much of a burden.   All urine, no poop in the cloth.

For diapers, I put them in the machine right or shortly after use. It is an HE unit so it drinks spearingly. Use warm water and a double rince then dry. When taken out of the dryer, the diapers (whichare doulbed; a heavy and light weight) have no smel. at all and never get one. The HE machine uses less water than a reguar rinse would use and being that it has 3 water baths of small size, they are rinsed and drained 3 times in clean water which rinses out and drains the pee each time. After 12-16 houea, you get quite a lot of pee

My panties and waterproof liner, which keeps my chastity area mostly dry and enables me to go for 12+ hours are cleaned out with me in a small bath, which I need to clean off the baby loution thoroughly and get rid of the smell