LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What started you on wearing diapers?

I know there are similar topics such as why you wear diapers, but this is just a bit different.  I'm curious on what first started you on wearing diapers regardless of how you finally ended up.  For example, did you always have a life long interest in wearing diapers and have done it all your life?  Were you always treated as a baby and have liked it most of your life?  In some cases people have said they were never potty trained as kids and have worn diapers all their life.  Were you in an accident that cause you to become incontinent later in life when you never had any interest in diapers before?  Did you start to wet the bed later in life and have to start wearing diapers because of it?  Maybe you had prostate problems or surgery that caused you to become incontinent.  Maybe you just saw adult diapers in the store one day and it turned you on into wanting to try them.  Perhaps you had a partner or friend who was into them and they got you interested in them yourself.  Whatever the case, how and why did you first start with diapers?

Secondly, how did you feel about them when first wearing them, especially if you never had any fetish for them but were forced to wear them due to accident, surgery, prostate problems or becoming a bedwetter later in life?  Then, after having to wear them for a while, how do you feel about it now?  Some people have turned to AB or roll play as a way to cope with their incontinence, some have learned to actually love wearing diapers after a while of having to wear them for medical reasons.  Some don't even care who knows they wear diapers.  Please posts your story on the reason you started wearing diapers and how you feel about them, especially if those feelings for them grew stronger over time.

Growing up (pre-teens) I had a friend that was more than likely encoprectic, but whether or not he was, he was always pooping in his pants.  For whatever reason I was jealous he could just do that all the time.  He’d often let me look down the back of his underwear at the load flattened back there.  I even sat in the bathroom with him as he’d clean up.  I tried it a few times myself, and got the scolding of my life from mom.  

From there I was far more cautious, did the whole “line your underwear with TP” thing, waited until my parents were asleep, etc.

I got my own place in college and it was “on”.  I became a daily pants pooper, loving loading my pants every day.  I discovered diapers not long after, tho I suppose they were always in the back of my mind, but unavailable.

I’m 56 now, and still a passionate pants pooper, diaper lover.  Wifey knows, I wear around her every day/night, but I save messy time for when we are apart.

• Like 1

I always wanted to wear diapers. Started making my own just prior to my teens and bought my first real diapers at 18. Been wearing them ever sense excluding a 1.5 year dry (lol, dry) cycle where I quit after being caught while living at home at 19. My feelings haven’t really changed much. The desire to wear is about the same. Slightly less sexually charged I guess. When I first started I was always rock hard while diapering up, but now I have way more control. I think that’s just part of being I’m my 30’s vs teens though. 

I'm not actually sure what triggered my desire to wear diapers. Perhaps it was seeing my younger brother (four years younger) in diapers and wondering what it would feel like. Or maybe it was that I wasn't fully potty trained until I was almost four and I really missed diapers. My interest in wearing diapers started around age seven when I also discovered that cross dressing looked interesting as well. The feelings stuck.

I had a bit of minor abuse in Kindergarten that led me to develop "punishment" fantasies over the years.   They took various forms from corporal punishment to having to sit in your underwear, etc...    About in the middle of this my sister pointed out the adult diaper listing in the Sears catalog (this was late sixties, early seventies).    She just thought it was hilarious, but the idea of being punished in diapers quickly worked its way into things.

My wearing diapers has never been more than elective.    I made diapers of old towels and plastic bags to start with until I found that you could actually buy them at a better stocked pharmacy (greatly helped when I was finally able to drive and go to places more remote than my home town).  Always high levels of excitement.

I started because I enjoyed wetting my underwear when I was in my early teens. It was certainly a sexual thing then.

What triggered my desire to wear diapers was that conventional briefs just weren't suited at all to be a substitute for diapers. Thus I started on my quest. to find  the perfect diaper: one that is affordable, reusable, and capable of being folded numerous ways. I don't think I'd mind trying disposable diapers, once in a while. I much prefer the idea of cloth.

Interesting that prostate problems should be mentioned. I imagine that I am peeing more frequently than I used to. I am intending on having that looked into very soon. It could be nothing. I am told that prostate enlargement is a common condition among men of a certain age. I think it would be a good idea to get it checked in any event.  Should the doctor think some sort of Gee Whiz wonder pill from Big Pharma might change my situation, I think I just might say "No, thanks. I think I'll just wear diapers instead." as long as there's nothing life-threatening going on. 

My full start with adult diaper wearing began due to my bladder leakage becoming more than pads could cope with, but I'd played with home-made diapers before that, and had worn pads for awhile before that. But they've always been strong in my mind right from the beginning of my memory, so I think I'd have ended up wearing even without a physical need simply because the older you get, the less you let your inhibitions rule your life. Getting here involved an extremely long and tough road to potty-training including bedwetting where I didn't have diapers and wasn't allowed any protection- a big mistake on my parent's part. I should have always been in diapers in hindsight.

When I hit this point in life, I began wearing cheap store-brand pull-ups which were sufficient, and I became deeply involved in this website as a path to learning and coping better with the mental/emotional aspects. Within about a year the pull-ups were reaching their limit and by then I knew enough and was comfortable enough with myself that I began allowing more of my desires to have a role in my choices. During this time I had begun allowing more of the fun and happy side of diapers to occur and I discovered Ambeze diapers which were much like the 70's Pampers that I'd come to realize were what I had always dreamed of having on me. I found one Ebay seller who had something quite like them which I never found out the maker of. I also tried rubber and plastic panties. In all this my need to wear began increasing but my emotional need had become equal and was racing ahead faster. I'd found my "dream diapers" and I'd found my "dream" rubber panties, but both were long out of production and were getting very hard to find.

As my leakage increased I went into cloth diapers for maybe a year and discovered two things: one was that I could wear bulky diapers discretely enough so that nobody would know, and two that cloth diapers have limitations and issues that you can get tired of dealing with. I had enough money and wanted to so I switched to Depends and Attends but through all this part I'd exhausted the world's supply of those "dream" items which was something of a let-down, and in looking back I think that also helped push me toward the plastic-backed disposables which I've worn since. By now I'd accumulated lots of diaper gear and it had become clear that I'd not be wearing panties ever again so those were put away. And with more time came more physical loss of my bladder control and it's incumbent increase in the volume I needed to deal with, and Depends weren't doing the job well enough anymore. I switched to premium diapers. By now my emotional need had maxxed out and I had found that I love crinkly plastic, so that set me on the course to where I am now, not caring what others may see, hear, or think about my being diapered with almost no exceptions. I try to keep my diapers out of plain sight but otherwise I no longer care. And along this stage I also abandoned attempting to have any bladder control- I just pee immediately on any need to. All this together has made me a much better, calmer, and happier person and even if I could I'd never go back to an un-diapered life with bladder control.

So I think that answers Rusty's question which is not an easy thing to do when you're me :roflmao: Nothing simple or easy about me, especially when it comes to diapers B)

Bettypooh

As I recently mentioned in another post, my start to wearing diapers came from being kept in them late into childhood and developing an emotional, deep seeded attachment to diapers as a source of comfort and security.  As a child, it was likely my way of coping with the fact that I was wearing and using diapers while others my age (and even younger) were beyond them.  As an adult, the feelings of attachment to my diapers did not go away, but stayed with me and get stronger when I am stressed or in need of a way to relax.  I found wearing diapers and abdl a perfect fit for me to meet my emotional needs as an adult.  

For me it was because when we went as a family to my grandparents house and stayed over, I was put in nappies for bed even though otherwise out of them.  This was a surprising treat for me and couldn't believe my luck!

Furthermore I'm the eldest of 6 so saw many children having nappies put on and wanted it for myself!

The urge came back to try diapers when I was around 19 so I started with depends diapers , It wasn't the first time I ever wore diapers but just wanted to wear them again, before that I was a bed wetter growing up, had anxiety and other behavioural issues, my parents got tired of the nightly bed wetting routine so they bought me youth diapers, after the initial shock and the embarrassment I actually grew very fond of them and I actually liked wearing them to bed each night.

My family tells me that I was completely toilet trained before I was 33 months old. However, my bladder was tiny and over-active. Mom would nicely ask me to wear 'just-in-case' diapers on trips and for special events. While in the car when I felt the need to pee I would tell Mom or Dad. Usually I would be told to simply use my diaper. By the time I was 8 I just found it convenient to just wet my diaper. After that even for short trips I would ask Mom to diaper me. She never refused me. I reverted to bedwetting at puberty. Mom simply taught me to pin on my own diapers.

By age 21 I had no bladder control. At age 26 I was depressed by all the effort and money diapers required. Then I was told about AB. Suddenly I realized it was okay to have fun in diapers; they did not need to only be functional.

I have no recall of wanting to wear diapers from the age of potty trained to age of 7. It was then when I saw two boys my age in only a diaper as part of an advertisement for Pampers toddlers with taper as a float in a parade. 

From that moment on all I wanted was to wear diapers and I tried everything my young mind could come up with to be put back into diapers, but my parents would have nothing to do with putting me back into diapers so I had to steal diapers from the baby’s room and stuff them into my underwear so I could wear a diaper. 

It was not until I was a teenager that I learned how to make one diaper big enough out of two so they would fit me. 

The first diapers I purchased myself was Pampers XL toddler, this was when I was 16 and it’s what I wore until I found adult size diapers when I was 18. 

I'm not exactly sure what got me interested in diapers. I've just wanted to wear diapers ever since I was 6 or 7 thought I hadn't worn diapers since I finished potty training. I realized that I was AB when I was about 15.

I'm not sure what triggered my desire to wear diapers. My interest in wearing diapers started at an early age I have strong memories being three maybe four years old. One could even say I have never been out of diapers. Although I was completely potty trained at the age of two years old. Over the years the feelings and desires intensified to what they are now.

Apparently, my mother toilet trained me aggressively and very, very early (20 months) because my sister had just been born and she didn’t want the work of having two infants in nappies simultaneously.  This meant that I lost both nappies and maternal attention very early in life.  I suspect that this *might* have something to do with it.

I have always been attracted to diapers.  I was interested in them more than a decade before puberty and my interest in them long survived the decline in my sex drive.  I can clearly remember deliberately wetting my pants at age 2 because I wanted to.  It’s wired in deep.

My desire to wear diapers started from our bedroom, my wife and I have enjoyed pee play as a regular part of our sex life. I have always enjoyed that warm wet feeling, so for me I thought why not wear diapers and enjoy that warm wet feeling a lot longer. My wife has been supportive since day one. Over the years I have experimented with several brands, and I use them for their intended purpose to be wet and messy.

a traumatic episode of psychological/semi-sexual abuse as a child where i was forcibly diapered and sent outside for everyone to see as punishment for having an accident at daycare. not long after i began a short period where i would steal diapers to take home to wear, then stopped until early puberty when i developed a strong urge to be diapered and humiliated

• 2 weeks later...

My reason is due to childhood trauma at eight years old and it became a source of escape and comfort (diapers and baby treatment).

My mother was an alcoholic on welfare and an angry one.  After discovery of missing cookies she lined my brothers and myself (four of us) and demanded someone admit to the dreaded crime.  She took us into her bedroom one at a time and whiped us with her favorite cheap K-mart extension cord.  I was last and innocent, but no one confessed before, so I was guilty or her plan failed.  Whatever, the whiping would not stop until she was completely exhausted.

After being sent to my shared bedroom, I was so traumatized I could not stop shaking and only time I ever considered suicide as an option to escape my existence.  At that very time, neighbors across the street arrived home and the couple had a very small baby and the mother was cuddling and talking to her baby.  I tried doing a mind transfer with the lucky baby, but it did not work.  However, imagining I was diapered and babied, loved with no strings attached, really calmed me down and I could finally get to sleep, longing to be that woman’s baby.

From then on, every time I saw babies and their treatment I was so jealous, and pretty soon I had a baby fantasy that has lasted forever, including impacting puberty a few years later.

I’m actually thankful for my turning AB at the time, could have turned to something a lot worse.  Left home when I could, leaving welfare behind, joined USAF, then put myself through college for EE degree and was pretty successful in software development, carrying my AB fantasy with me all the way.  Never became an alcoholic myself or violent.  Diapers helped me cope, shed the days nonsense I would have to experience out in “normal” society.   

So diapers are a critical attraction to me due to their requirement for a baby role.  Best thing for healing and relaxing, feeling loved and safe.

• Like 1

There's no saying if any of this affected it, but...  I had a motor car accident at age 8. I was unconscious for 11 weeks I think, and obviously diapered during that time. Whether that subconsciously drove a desire in me is debatable, but when I was back home, there were always diapers in my cupboard that I would play with sometimes. I never drew the line between diapers and the fact that I used to enjoy wetting my underpants through, but I guess that's where it started.

9 hours ago, gee baby said:

My reason is due to childhood trauma at eight years old and it became a source of escape and comfort (diapers and baby treatment).

My mother was an alcoholic on welfare and an angry one.  After discovery of missing cookies she lined my brothers and myself (four of us) and demanded someone admit to the dreaded crime.  She took us into her bedroom one at a time and whiped us with her favorite cheap K-mart extension cord.  I was last and innocent, but no one confessed before, so I was guilty or her plan failed.  Whatever, the whiping would not stop until she was completely exhausted.

After being sent to my shared bedroom, I was so traumatized I could not stop shaking and only time I ever considered suicide as an option to escape my existence.  

I’m actually thankful for my turning AB at the time, could have turned to something a lot worse.  Left home when I could, leaving welfare behind, joined USAF, then put myself through college for EE degree and was pretty successful in software development, carrying my AB fantasy with me all the way.  Never became an alcoholic myself or violent.  Diapers helped me cope, shed the days nonsense I would have to experience out in “normal” society.   

The good part is you succeeded in live and made something of yourself.  The poor part is what has happened to you happened to lots of kids your age way back them.  it's fortunate that these days there is more awareness of child hood abuse and school teachers and counselors can often step in when there is a problem.  Sometimes it helps, other times it doesn't.  People are still afraid of law suits if they contact authorities about child abuse.  Sometimes CPS is under staffed, sometimes they just don't do their job.  Back in the 50's and 60's things like this happened.  Now days you would hope that a child could go to school the next day, talk to his teacher or counselor, take off his shirt and show the scars and fresh welts from a whipping with an electrical cord and expect some intervention.  Sometimes it happens, other times the parents deny it and the kid gets worse beatings!  Then when the parents beat the kid so bad that they die, people always say, "How could this have happened?"  DUH!  It's stories like this that make me say the parent should be jailed in a cell with two big 300 pound men named "Bubba" who are in jail themselves because they went after the person who harmed their own son or daughter.  Alcoholism or not, it was just cookies for God sake!  You beat the crap out of your kids for just a few missing cookies?  Really deep down problems inside, and when a parent gets that messed up they beat their kids that bad over a few missing cookies, it's time to relinquish custody of them and put them up for adoption or foster care.  Not the best either, but better than beating the kids all the time.

I guess my parents were a bit more liberal with me than others were.  They really didn't see using diapers for bedwetting as such a negative thing while I was growing up.  I'm sure it was because my mom didn't want to deal with the wet sheets and the smell.  I didn't stop wetting the bed until my 30's and by then I was full on DL and had been for many years. Even though I haven't had a bedwetting episode for quite a while I still wear diapers to bed when I'm in a hotel or a guest in someone's home.

Nowadays I use diapers for comfort and convenience.  Movies and concerts are great times to be wearing.  I will often just wear diapers around the house on the weekends as a stress reliever.

For me it was a sexual think. It started with 5 or 6, when I had wet the bed and had my first sexual sensations. I brought that together with the wetting, and started to experimenting with myself. To make a longer story short - it starts with wet beds and panty, went over self-made diapers from plastic bags and kitchen towels and end up with my first disposable adult diaper that I had stolen while I was volunteering in geriatric care...

With 18 - when I had my first car I drove to the next city to buy my first own diapers in a pharmacy. I still remember the embracing moment when the chemist start to explain in a pretty crowded shop that the model I'd ask for ist not on stock and if he can help out with a different brand - that he gets from the back room and present it proud on the desk...  

These days the internet and the web was not born and I felt like the last alien with my stupid fetish - from what - at this time I even don't know that is was ones... 

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what caused it but when I was a child I was abused and was mostly raised by my grandma. I also grew up never knowing my real dad and I always had a fascination with diapers. Even though I lived mostly with my grandma my mom and step dad lived next door and there would be times where I would sneak and get my baby brother’s diapers. There was one time me and my female cousin wore one. I’m really unsure what honestly caused it but I’ve always been attracted to them 

I wet the bed up until my late teens but I never wore diapers for it even though I thought I should because washing pee laundry was gross and my parents would always yell at me for it. Nothing worked I tried limiting fluids, I tried setting alarms so I could go in the middle of the night. I always ended up wet eventually. Then it just stopped. A bit of background info on me. I have Tourette's Syndrome I first started noticing my tics (twitches) at around the age of ten or so. They started with my eyes and my mom being the wonderful parent that she is thought that I was doing it for attention for some reason. So when she asked me why I was moving my eyes that way and I answered with an honest "I don't know" she just told me to knock it off.

A few more tics started to develop in my shoulders and my neck but I figured she wasn't going to do anything about it so I just tried my best to hold them back as much as possible until they eventually went from almost all the time to occasional tics. Over the years my tics evolved and got worse and finally got terrible enough to warrant treatment when I was 16 years old. How does this lead to diapers you ask? Well cut to about 5 years down the line I'm driving home from a friends house minding my own business when suddenly I pee myself with no warning. No urge to go to no nothing. Just wet myself while driving. I get home and tell my girlfriend this we decide I'll go to the doctor in the morning and suddenly while I'm talking to her I pee my pants again. So I go to the E.R and get tested for bladder infection and all that jazz and there's nothing. Over the next few years I start having collapsing spells and I wet myself with more and more frequency that I'm now diapered 24/7. It takes 5 MRIs 4 CAT scans 2 sleep studies and an EEG that lasts for 24 hours to finally figure out what the problem is. 

I don't know if this is the official name for them but my neurologist calls them "Blocking and Holding" tics where unlike in normal Tourette's Syndrome cases where your brain is misfiring and sending too many signals. My brain sometimes just stops sending signals all together and that part of the body just gives out. When I brought up my bed wetting to my neurologist he said it's highly possible that could have been the cause.

TLDR I wear diapers because I have a neurological condition