LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Type Of catheter

I do not want to become incontinent or regularly use catheters.  The only time I have ever had a catheter used on me was the few times I have had surgery including a knee replacement where I had the cath in all night and removed the next day.  I have read where people will use a foely or indwelling catheter and keep it inserted so their bladder will automatically drain through it to simulate what actual incontinence is like with no control.  It seems that a doctor will insert the catheter and then inflate the balloon with a solution to keep it held in place.  When removed they will drain the balloon.  I have read of risks with a balloon breaking and other potentially dangerous  things that can happen, making me never wanting to try a foely catheter myself.  On the other-hand, lots of people will cath themselves with a regular catheter that they insert, drain their bladder and then remove.  It is not meant to remain in like a foely catheter.

My question is, if I wanted to insert a regular catheter and put on my diaper to just let it drain into my diaper for several hours, what problems, danger or risks would I have?  Would the diaper help hold it in or would it tend to try and come out while walking around since there is no balloon to help keep it in?  Would there be a risk of the catheter doing internal damage because when a person uses one to cath in a bathroom, they insert it in just far enough to enter the bladder and drain it?  I guess I would wonder if it would be too long and the pressure of the diaper against it might push it too far in and damage or puncture your bladder.  I'm kind of toying with the idea of trying one with a diaper on, but have concerns.  Anyone have any thoughts?  Mind you, I'm not thinking of doing this regularly at all.  I'm just curious about it and wondering what it would be like.  Experiencing it once just to see what it feels like.

LolIf you tightly diaper it will move around a bit and depending on your sensitivity be uncomfortable to mildly painfull.,the only real risks are UTI ,but if you insert with a clean technique not even sterile you can minimise that risk,The risk that isn't talked about much with catheters is stricture even the best insertion technique done by an expert (I learned in training before ever having to do it on myself ,haing done it multiple times wla a day on others and now on myself 4 times a day over almost 10 years I think I am qualified) catheters cause abrasions and Miro cuts which form scar tissue there are people who have rendered there urethra unusable due to occlusion ,they can attempt laser surgery and vaporize it  but no guarantee I know people who pee thru  there abdomen there penis is just for intercourse ,but because the urethra is blocked they have Retrogree ejactulation which I a fancy name for the semej ends up in your bladder ,you will not get anyone pregnant .orry if this is TMI but I prefer thourgh answers and not glossing over anything .

Be smart don't use a cath, keep the use to when you actually really need it, then hope that day never comes.

I had one installed and removed, that was the last time I want anything to do with  one of them again.

I hope the hell I never need one again.

Rusty Pins, Catheter play has it risks but knowing those risk will help to minimize or eliminate those risk so read up there is  plenty of good information posted on this site and others like this. As for your question if use an intermittent cath that is one without and inflation device it will slid out on its own. The only way to keep in place is to inflate the balloon. But you can inflate as little as 50% of the balloon. There are several theories on under inflating and over inflating.As for a cath causing discomfort, like anything else the more you do it the easier it becomes. As for an open cath in your diaper consider a 3/8" check valve for around $6.00 available on amazon.com. The check valve will help to reduce the UTI risk by preventing the nasty diaper bacteria from getting in to the bladder.  Once you have gotten comfortable with catheter play consider the Holey Foley discussed in detail on this site.

Be safe and PM if you have questions. 

• Like 1

Never had one; never will if I can help it. Just the thought of it gives me the creeps. Ditto butt plugs. anything put into an orifice that is ordinarily an output HAS to feel like being raped by king Kong. I will definitely pass; or rather, flunk

A reminder that this is a support thread. Caths and Stents are not for everyone- we know that already- so there's no place for "Not me!" posts which may find themselves getting deleted. If you don't have something positive or helpful to say, don't post a reply.

Bettypooh

I do not want to become incontinent or regularly use catheters.  The only time I have ever had a catheter used on me was the few times I have had surgery including a knee replacement where I had the cath in all night and removed the next day.  I have read where people will use a foely or indwelling catheter and keep it inserted so their bladder will automatically drain through it to simulate what actual incontinence is like with no control.  It seems that a doctor will insert the catheter and then inflate the balloon with a solution to keep it held in place.  When removed they will drain the balloon.  I have read of risks with a balloon breaking and other potentially dangerous  things that can happen, making me never wanting to try a foely catheter myself.  On the other-hand, lots of people will cath themselves with a regular catheter that they insert, drain their bladder and then remove.  It is not meant to remain in like a foely catheter.
My question is, if I wanted to insert a regular catheter and put on my diaper to just let it drain into my diaper for several hours, what problems, danger or risks would I have?  Would the diaper help hold it in or would it tend to try and come out while walking around since there is no balloon to help keep it in?  Would there be a risk of the catheter doing internal damage because when a person uses one to cath in a bathroom, they insert it in just far enough to enter the bladder and drain it?  I guess I would wonder if it would be too long and the pressure of the diaper against it might push it too far in and damage or puncture your bladder.  I'm kind of toying with the idea of trying one with a diaper on, but have concerns.  Anyone have any thoughts?  Mind you, I'm not thinking of doing this regularly at all.  I'm just curious about it and wondering what it would be like.  Experiencing it once just to see what it feels like.
I myself have never had a catheter in for anything I have always worn a diaper Accept for a Colon oscapee.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

At the ripe old age of 74 I have been experimenting with caths for almost 20 years. These days I like to have a 14Fr Foley in almost 24/7. At nights it is connected directly to a night bag (covered with a hot water bottle cover). During the day it can be connected to a leg bag on the calf (great for when one is out and about), clamped and emptied as required or run into a diaper, depending on the mood.  It is so great not being forced out of bet by the bladder. Foley catheters don't burst if not over inflated. When running into a diaper or pull up I use a simple home made one way valve but will investigate Loveable_guy's suggestion.   When one first uses a catheter it does hurt as the lining of the urethra is very sensitive but this sensitivity soon wears off. Whenever inserting anything, as well as the usual precautions, I always take cranberry supplements. No UTI .  I would not like to encourage anyone to use a catheter but, for me, it's great. 

At the ripe old age of 74 I have been experimenting with caths for almost 20 years. These days I like to have a 14Fr Foley in almost 24/7. At nights it is connected directly to a night bag (covered with a hot water bottle cover). During the day it can be connected to a leg bag on the calf (great for when one is out and about), clamped and emptied as required or run into a diaper, depending on the mood.  It is so great not being forced out of bet by the bladder. Foley catheters don't burst if not over inflated. When running into a diaper or pull up I use a simple home made one way valve but will investigate Loveable_guy's suggestion.   When one first uses a catheter it does hurt as the lining of the urethra is very sensitive but this sensitivity soon wears off. Whenever inserting anything, as well as the usual precautions, I always take cranberry supplements. No UTI .  I would not like to encourage anyone to use a catheter but, for me, it's great. 
I tried a catheter once didn't even get it inside all the way and was crying it hurt so bad and to top it off I got a UTI and had to see a urologist doctor. I'll stick with my diapers be sides that I'm fecal incontinence not really bad but enough.

I appreciate all the replies.  I doubt I will ever use one.  I just became curious reading some people's accounts of using a catheter to pee without any control at all.  Yes, I agree that it can cause all kinds of problems as well as discomfort, especially if you don't know what you are doing.  I've seen the commercials for Liberator Medical where they have people talking about how they use catheters and finding the right one, including the guy who keeps them in his airplane.  They make it seem like no big deal and an every day thing, but of course the idea of the commercial is to sell their products.  I'm sure people seeing those commercials who actually need catheters have daily experience and know all the problems and how to properly use them.  The disservice is to all the other people who see those commercials and want to just try a catheter for whatever reason to see what it's like.  As one who actually had a stent in one of my uriters (from kidney to bladder) for over a month, it was not fun when it had to be removed.  Likewise, when I had surgeries I was not awake when the catheter was inserted but I was the next morning when it was removed.  My curiosity was more about people who have to cath daily and instead of using the catheter over a toilet, what it would be like if they used a catheter and had it drain into a diaper instead.

• 2 weeks later...

In 2016 I went from peeing rusty water to being clogged up with clots & ending up in an unfamiliar ER. A few days later I was back to my Road-trip with my Other Half, wearing a Clear Silicone 20Fr and well-supplied with little tear-open packets of Surgi-Lube. Hospital folks educated me how to irrigate that thing properly (aggressively). I took to it readily--fascinated with the whole concept of wearing that clear transparent leash that put all my Piddling on display! Because the issue had been clogging-up (and because I was already a joyful involuntary Piddler), I found the warmth of that constant dribble down my Cath & the tube to my leg-bag very comforting as I walked & drove--it meant I wasn't clogged & I found the feel of that (~900ml) leg-bag bouncing against my ankle enjoyable. YMMV but I miss all of that. I had to sit on a neck-pillow to drive, as I'm 1 of those guys who flattens a Foley (somewhere between Scrotum & rectum) if I sit on a normal car seat. That proved an agreeable fix and we were off to finish our trip. I've read Latex Foleys might be a bit less fun even if you're NOT allergic, but Silicone was easy to keep lubed and gave me no discomfort or wear-&-tear--wearing it about 2 weeks. More to tell but not tonight. Best regards, all.

I have loads of catheters and I often put one in and then put a nappy on to go to sleep. It's not painful when I'm laying down but sitting is a bit uncomfortable. I've slept with a catheter in loads of times and never ever had an infection or anything. Try it, it's really very cool 

I have loads of catheters and I often put one in and then put a nappy on to go to sleep. It's not painful when I'm laying down but sitting is a bit uncomfortable. I've slept with a catheter in loads of times and never ever had an infection or anything. Try it, it's really very cool 
I think I should go to my new doctor and ask to have it put in first

If it's a Urologist that prescribed it,he should have trained you and made sure  you were comfortable and competent to insert before sending you on your way.

When I was trained it was the red rubber Rob Nelll catheters with surgilube then boiling it for next time,we have come a long way since then.

Of you don't feel comfortable doing it being a Saturday go to the E.D any nurse can do it,although there are times I couldn't Cath ,the E.D couldn't get it ,and it took 6 different Urology nurses to finnally get it  ,they tried everything from pediatric to 30 Fr(30's are intimadating closer to torture devices than medical devices).

There are times I was not doing well physically that my uro has offered to place an indwelling to make my life easier ,even then I said thanks but no thanks,if I want my urethra turned into chop meat I can do it!

Cathing is a skill master it ! I have been doing it for along time but can understand newbie butterflies

Well the only thing I can say about it I have been playing with catheters and stents for some 12 years now and so far I never had a UTI. Needless to say it is important to keep everything clean. For sure I can tell you how much fun it is but you will have to try it to know. It can be uncomfortable putting in a catheter but it doesn’t hurt. Your body has to get used to the presence of the catheter. Plain and simple try it and you know if it is something you like or not.

• 3 weeks later...

Since my previous post to this thread, I have learned (from a Urologist) that a 20Fr Silicone Foley is resistant to being kinked or pinched flat when installed in male anatomy; smaller sizes may give one more grief. Getting cathed has never been fun for me, but in my experience it hurts MORE if done in a hurry. Best regards, all.