LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Manifestation 1- 10 (finale)

Les Lea

Dang Les Lea who would have ever thought you were such a talented horror writer? Especially considering all the great AB/DL stories you write. I have really enjoyed this story. I am hooked and need to know how taking in Dolly and possibly the other two figures as well are going to end up effecting Stephan. I am not sure how Tom Cruise fits in either. I will definitely be looking forward to reading more. At the same time I apologize for not keeping up with you thus far. I have been a bit under the weather and just didn’t have the energy to read anything. Hopefully that’s all behind me now and I can catch up again. 

• 3 weeks later...

Les Lea. I hope you haven't forgotten one of the best horror stories on Daily Diapers. Please don't leave us hanging by the visit from Tom Cruise. I look forward to seeing this story through to the end.

Thanks again to all who are enjoying this story, I hope this makes up for the slightly longer than anticipated break between chapters.

Part 8

It was almost like a switch had been flicked because no sooner had Ian spoken the visitors name than immediately Steve was back to adult mode. The whispered “Thanks Dolly” was unheard by the other two by the door.

Tom’s surprise at the way Steve was dressed was pretty well masked by his enthusiastic greeting. In the pantheon of ‘weird’ - Hollywood had plenty and certainly more extreme - a man in capacious protection wasn’t going to faze him at all.

“Oh hi Tom, nice to see you... what brings you to... our hideaway?” The bald, adult looking infant smiled at their guest, whilst pretending he wasn’t surprised at the star’s appearance.

Tom ever the polite gent held out his hand and greeted Steve as he remembered him.

“Well Stephan, Ian, you guys are almost impossible to find... it took quite a bit of... research from my team but eventually we tracked you down.”

Immediately the two nappy-clad men smiled as both imagined the locker full of spy-tech that the Mission Impossible star could access... thus enabling what was impossible, to become possible.

“Well, I don’t know whether to be worried or honoured that you went to so much trouble but... let me guess... you want to talk about the film and TV rights to the Manifestation story?”

Tom gave them that smile that had driven him to the top table when it comes to Box Office success. The man’s movies make millions and so did he.

“I’m filming in Edin-bo-ro at the moment and when I found out you were only a matter of a hundred, two hundred miles away I thought I’d make the trip myself to try and convince you about just how Steve and I are pretty excited about the next project.” He said as he pointed to the two of them. “You.”

Ian had a query.

“Steve?”

“Speilberg. We have a company together and after what I witnessed a year ago on Graham Norton’s show, I convinced him there’s more to your story than what we see on TV... and we’re all pretty impressed by that.”

Steve and Ian had of course talked about the offer, his literary agent had been very animated about a deal, but the show’s presenter was less excited. He looked down at the toy trains he had been playing with and smoothed out the front of his shiny plastic pants.

Then out of the blue Tom made a statement.

“I can see Dolly is still with you... your interview with Trevor McDonald, Sir Trev,” he joked as if he didn’t quite understand the British honours system, “was shown the other day and to say it caused a reaction would be an understatement... especially your new look.”

With the self-imposed communication embargo to the outside world, neither of them knew about the network shutdown caused by... ‘fog’... or the ensuing hysteria. Tom eagerly brought them up to speed and ended by explaining this was why their story was so exciting.

He offered them Executive Producer credits and that the entire team would be involved in production. Ian, if he wanted, would be given several episodes to direct although they wanted to cast a group of unknowns to play their parts. No big names, the new show would be a launch pad for future careers... Stephan could be in on the casting if he wanted but Tom advised against it.

“Would it be set in the UK?”

“It would be a worldwide franchise. We start with your story but expand, because of your growing fame, to investigate paranormal events around the world.”

There were more questions that Tom had no trouble answering. It was obvious that they had already given this a great deal of thought and planned out a pretty extensive way to approach the story with humour and surprises.

“We could do international paranormal claims as ‘specials’ if you want to keep your hand in but the main thrust,” Tom looked from one to the other, “would be a backstory to each show people know and remember. Those you’ve already investigated and where something that didn’t make it to the screen... well... you get the idea?”

In a short time Tom had laid his cards on the table and such fervour was certainly catching, well from Ian at least. The deal was incredible but Tom’s personal involvement and desire to make it happen... and happen soon... gave them an option that would make ITV squirm.

Stephan said that he couldn’t guarantee that entities would show up on demand.

“It doesn’t matter... you won’t be in the main show... and... all that would be added in post-production.”

He could see the cogs turning in both their heads.

“Look, we can, if you still want to, have the team investigating the occasional ‘special’ from a worldwide spread of paranormal stories. That could run alongside the ‘factional’ TV series, which when I think about it... gives us even more layers to your story.

He smiled that smile again.

“We mainly see this as a fictionalised version of a fact based investigation... but that can change.”

Ian looked over at his partner and wondered what was going through his head; it’s not like he didn’t know how TV worked. So why was he unenthusiastic about it all?

“...you will get other offers guys...”

And then he said something that surprised them both.

“... and tell Dolly we’d look after her.”

He searched their faces for a reaction.

“Stephan,” Tom looked at the presenter with concern, “you are carrying quite a weight. I noticed it that first time we met. You have an aura that is unlike anything I’ve ever witnessed before... and it confuses, yet intrigues me.”

He was searching for what he hoped would be the correct words.

“I saw what you saw. I have experienced some of what you’ve experienced... but... you have a gift and an individual knowledge that few if any others possess or who have undergone such intense interaction. You are unique. Your story is exceptional, your secrets and insight are...”

And then his face lit up in a huge all-encompassing smile.

“You have something... something profoundly different.” He looked down at the thick padding. “I can see a reason for the diapers... Dolly... and perhaps others... want to be your friend...”

This observation both shocked but relieved him of some worries yet Steve wanted to be the perfect host, whilst changing the conversation.

“Okay Tom, we get it... now... can we offer you a tea, coffee...?”

“No thanks, I need to get back but guys, think about it... another opportunity...?”

“Yes, errm, um, thanks,” Ian said but noticed that Steve had already picked up his toy train and started choo-chooing around the carpet.

The Superstar disappeared as quickly as he came. Ian was stunned at what the actor already seemed to be aware of. His affinity to what Manifestations was all about and his acknowledgement about his own empathy with the paranormal had struck more than just a chord between the three of them.

Meanwhile, Steve was on his knees pushing a wooden train down an imaginary track whilst purposely filling his nappy. He was pretending he’d gone into his ‘other’ state of mind but in truth, he was thinking... there was a lot to take in and moreover he liked it when Ian became attentive to his ‘little’ side.

He only wished he had more time to play.

#

Whereas Shagufta was away at her mountain retreat Oskar had not been happy with this enforced break. He wanted to check and re-check each frame of info they had captured at Clarkenwell Hall for clues to answers to some of the world’s spiritual questions. He was aware of the effect what was shown would have on faith and was keen to share whatever conclusions he could with the masses.

He’d spent the two weeks locked away at the family home in Germany (a castle a few miles outside of Munich) where he’d been building a newer, more advanced piece of tech that he hoped would be able to interpret not only the images but the disrupted visual noise which replaced it. Basically, he was designing a machine that could read and interpret ‘electromagnetic TV snow’ to form a graphic illustration as observable as a straight forward image.

The prototype, which he’d awkwardly dubbed RIIG (Radical Image Intensifying Gizmo) was ready so he returned to the UK and the edit suit, checked the firewall to see how often the library had been attacked by hackers (1,409.004) and set to work on unravelling frame by frame the secrets he knew lay in each piece of info they had shot during that last mysterious explosion.

Although, over the past four series they had tons of ‘contact’ with entities and other paranormal incidents, it was at Clarkenwell Hall that they encountered the ‘black mass’ something that they’d never faced before. It was such a dramatic revelation, and the fact that they had such profound evidence of something ‘other’ existed; it was time to give another angle on the Manifestation concept.

Oskar was on a crusade. He wanted to go deeper and offer an explanation for all the paranormal, psychic and supernatural incidents that happened around the world. He thought there must be a link whether it was psychological, physiological or indeed practical. The answer, he was convinced, lay in the footage they already possessed.

#

Since the final Clarkenwell Hall programme and the extended Stephan interview with Sir Trevor, together with the lack of contact with the main protagonists, all hell had broken loose at TV Centre.

The building itself had been besieged by both protesters and supporters. The chairman was called before a Parliamentary Select Committee to defend the show. He took Sir Trevor along for support and to add the journalist point of view to the proceedings. Sir Trevor championed the programme and what the team were trying to achieve. He pointed out that denial of the facts by the Parliamentarians was no excuse for any attack on the production. They claimed that they were not against the production, or the results of their research, just whether it had been in the best interests of all concerned for those results to be broadcast.

As anticipated the public had been appalled and enthralled in equal amounts so those gunning for the team and those who wanted to award them Sainthoods saw a countrywide split. Overseas, and in the Southern States especially, the rhetoric had turned to proclamations of violence against Stephan and any supporters. Violence was brewing, stoked by clerics across all religions not happy about the new way their faith was being scrutinized.

Apparently, the afterlife was true but that raised more questions than it answered.

Oskar may have been attempting to gives some concrete solution but would he be thanked if, or when, he did?

#

Ian had been feeling strangely horny since Tom had arrived at their door. However, Steve had returned to being a toddler so Ian would have to wait for the action he hoped for. He saw his partner’s huge billowing cushion and knew it was time for him to return to being Papa. So, at a more practical level, he took the opportunity to change his partner out of an incredibly sodden nappy.

Steve was looking wide-eyed but barely connected as the powder, lotion and thicker disposable were applied. However, once he was snugly returned to his well-padded and now dry protection, life returned to his eyes and Ian could speak to him as an adult.

“I think it might be time to return to the Land of the Living.” He said intimating that their couple of weeks of isolation should end. “We have a lot of explaining to do and...”

“I’m in no hurry.” Steve chipped in. “I can’t explain it but... I... I... I feel calm here.”

Ian looked at his partner with sympathy. He knew just how relaxing the break had been but was also clued up enough to know that if Tom and his team could track them down, it wouldn’t be long before others could as well. He didn’t want Steve to be harried or caught unaware; there return should on their terms.

“I know sweetheart but decisions need to be made... and Tom’s offer won’t be there for ever... and... what the hell are we going to do about the ITV contract?”

Steve’s eyes filled up. There was no huge sobs this time just silent tears streaming down his cheeks. Ian responded by saying, in the gentlest way possible.

“I know these last couple of weeks have been wonderful but we need to let the real Steve take charge now and give Dolly a well-deserved rest.”

#

This was the first time Ian had acknowledged that Dolly was such a factor in their lives. He’d hoped that his partner’s strange behaviour was down to stress and ignored the obvious, if implausible, alternative.

The way Dolly appeared as if from nowhere when Stephan was in danger - she was both a projection of his psyche and an ephemeral but fundamental spirit aligned to her host. Dolly was as much Steven/Stephan as he was either of those names.

All these thoughts flooded Ian’s head as once again he wrapped his husband in a dry and ultra-absorbent nappy and pulled up a thick pair of blue rubber pants.

“There, those should see you through until we get home at least.” Ian said smiling as he patted the hefty padding.

#

They were both very happy. Once Steve was back to his old self, the urge, no, the need for sexual intimacy raged within him. Ian was only too pleased to see this return of his insatiable and imaginative lover, whilst he provided the drive and impetus to their occasionally plastic panted compulsions.

It was really quite amazing how a thick nappy, and slinky rubber pants could turn two thirtysomething guys on... yet it did... and craved for it.

Whilst the sex was taking centre-stage, Dolly was nowhere to be seen. They could indulge themselves, perhaps knowing that with their return to ‘civilization’ the opportunities for such behaviour would be few.

The transformation from a bald baby, intent on playing with toys and filling a nappy, to the manic bald controller so focused on hitting the heights of sexual gratification was scary. Ian had seen this intensity on many occasions, usually when Steve had a brainwave that would lead the team into a new direction. There was more than just passion that slid between those two slick sweaty bodies.

#

Eventually, completely spent, Steve smiled his thanks, sad he was about to leave a place that had given him a few days of respite but, agreed with Ian, major decisions had to be taken and couldn’t be put off indefinitely.  

Oskar and Shagufta had been alerted by the private mobile number that it was time to confront the next chapter in the Manifestations future aspirations. They were to meet up at the edit suite and examine all the latest info that Oskar had pulled from the fragmented files... they weren’t to know just how important ... or deadly this next stage would be.

### tbc ###

• Like 2

Ty Les,. I, for 1, am happy to see this story continue after a hiatus and can hope, from the ending of the chapter, that more is coming.

All I can ask is that the next chapter come a little sooner to this one than this came to chapter 7, although I recognize quality takes time and your stories are of very high quality. 

Please, keep up the great work and I will keep on reading.

I know, it took me forever to get to this. This chapter was just a bridge to what I expect to be a intense ending to the story. I was surprised that Dolly followed then away from her old home. I was happy I could give this a like and I am looking forward to reading more. 

Part 9

The outcry had been enormous, mainly negative but some very positive. The media in general hated the fact that the instigators of this controversial programme were nowhere to be found so had aimed their collective venom at the network. Meanwhile, everyone who witnessed the show was left in a quandary as to whether everything they saw was true. The spin in the newspapers was that it was just a gigantic hoax and special effects; though a large proportion of viewers across the globe were left spellbound and wanting more.

Everyone knew that there were enough visual tricks; green screen, back projection and a host of other techniques used on many other programmes, to make people question the show’s authenticity. Even having Sir Trevor endorsing what happened was not enough, nor was the surprise arrival of Dolly. The show, like it always had, created more questions than it answered and quite a number of those questions the-powers-that-be didn’t want to acknowledge never mind answer.

Things had changed at ITV. The Chairman had, after a nasty vitriolic campaign by some areas of the media, fallen on his sword and resigned. The network’s Commissioning Editor had also been called out and had done the same. The mood within the company’s hallowed walls was one of suspicion and regret. However, the word was out that whoever took over the reins, one thing they were certain would be the top of their list for action - Manifestation would be axed. It was just too controversial to handle.

#

The tranquillity of the mountain retreat had been most calming and just what Shagufta had needed to replenish her internal batteries. Such was the wonderful pure peace the place offered that she’d slipped into the mental void and embraced a different part of her spirit. No radios, televisions or phones could receive signals; the place relied on its twice weekly delivery of goods and guests for information and any possible return to ‘civilization’.

The problem for the ‘Nightmare Ninja’ was that after the two weeks, she began to feel restless. It was if she was mentally being called back to the UK but, and this was a surprise to even her, she had found something here, high up in the mountains that she desperately wanted to pursue. Unfortunately for Shagufta, the edginess in her thoughts began to intrude to such an extent her return was inevitable. That abstract, though demanding call was just too fierce to ignore.

#

With the restoration of the crew seemingly underway, Steve had to take note regarding the strange closedown of ITV for an hour, which just so happened to coincide with the planned transmission time of his recorded interview. This incident had taken him by surprise and the description of the ‘fog’ had, as usual, left more questions than answers. Now he knew the when... yet the why’s and how’s just didn’t add up. This was something that, as far as he knew, hadn’t been instigated by him. Surely he couldn’t have triggered such a calamitous incident – could he? It wasn’t like he didn’t want the programme transmitted – did he?

Steve had been in Stephan mode on the day of the interview and, if truth was told, resented that ITV had put him in such a position. That having been said, he liked Sir Trevor and thought his questions were astute but none aggressive.  

Did the sudden presence of Dolly have anything to do with any of it?

At the time he was grateful for her sudden arrival giving his argument a timely boost but, and this had been churning up inside, he wanted desperately to protect this small, delicate, sadly abused little girl though didn’t know how. He agonized that her appearance would cause more problems than she solved.

#

In their post sex discussion, as Ian and Steve lovingly cleaned and fitted each other snuggly into their protection, they’d agreed that Tom’s offer was too good to turn down. As each delicate wipe, tenderly smeared dollop of lotion, affectionately applied new super soaker cotton nappy adoringly pinned into place and the silky smooth superior innovative rubber pants slid amorously into position, they agreed that Netflix was their next move.

Nevertheless, from the start the production team ethos had been all had to agree before anything was set in stone. Conversely, there was absolutely nothing about the offer that either could see didn’t benefit, and to a certain degree advance, what they were already doing. The idea of being played in a fictional/factual version of themselves by actors was quite an exciting project. Although in a moment that Dolly would have been proud of, Steve suggested that perhaps a cartoon version of them might be more acceptable...

“Think what it did for the careers of Scooby-Doo and the Mystery Machine?”

He said with a chuckle, whilst at the same time acknowledging the piss-take of him on It Just So Happens.

#

Although news of the changes to ITVs hierarchy hadn’t yet filtered down to the team a new, vigorous Stephan St Maarten appeared at the edit suit keen to move to the next stage. Shagufta had yet to return from India but Oskar, steady and reliable Oskar, was excited about telling his colleagues what the new tech could do... or to be more exact, he hoped what his untried tech might do. He’d tested it at the castle and it seemed to work OK but, he had only used it on a very narrow parameter, one bodycam chip, so still wasn’t sure of the overall effect.

What he didn’t tell them was the obsession back at the castle, which had driven him to design and make a piece of equipment he wasn’t sure was possible. He’d tinkered with many electronics in his time and designed quite a few of those used on the show, however, this was different. It was as if he was being driven to achieve a particular end, which he justified to himself as the need to explore the truth of paranormal phenomena... worldwide.

#

Oskar came from a long line of influential German aristocrats. His father was a huge voice in the Bundestag, as were his brother and sister, whilst his mother was Chair of an Overseas Charity. His home, a castle his family had lived in going back more than ten generations, was a place of dignified elegance and huge historical importance. However, the young Oskar had no interest in politics and carved out his own career, leaving the family business to strike out on his own terms. His ability to immerse himself in the technical world and absorb its many complex theories had led him away from home and a place at a UK University where he befriended Shagufta and eventually became a member of the Manifestation team.

It was Shagufta who had sold the idea of the clever German using his skills on this new innovative and controversial project. Once it was underway he was hooked on the possibilities and loved each new mix of science/technical/electronic/industrial development he helped create. His scepticism about the paranormal just one of the many things that took a beating, whilst being responsible for all the tech back-up a show like Manifestation needed. The weird and wonderful came to him.

The last two weeks at the castle had seen him driven to elaborate the systems the team had been working with. He had no idea where the idea for RIIG came from but he knew there was a reason as he worked ceaselessly day and night trying to perfect something he wasn’t even sure was possible.

What had been strange though was that as he worked he had the feeling that someone, or something, was observing his every move; perhaps even emboldening the intensity of the work. After everything he’d experienced since he signed up to the team, paranoia was not one of them... and yet...?

There was one other thing that he wouldn’t admit to. He knew Steve and Ian wore protection most of the time, although he put it down to need not preference. But, whilst he was working diligently and almost nonstop on the piece of tech, he’d pissed his pants on too many occasions and developed a requirement for his own protective ‘windel’. As with all German products it was efficient, well-made and extremely absorbent so found he didn’t have to change too often, which made work time more effective?

#

Oskar was still weary of this bald guy. He knew it was Steve yet the dramatic change had been a scary revelation. However, that same bald guy now sat in the editor’s chair was no longer the broken and drained person he last saw just a couple of weeks ago. Steve was brimming with fun and confidence. It would appear that a visit from a Hollywood Superstar, and a prolonged sex session, had given just the right rejuvenating elements needed to get him back to his more effervescent self.

For the past couple of days, as he’d had talks with his publisher and caught up with the news... his ‘little’ side, his Dolly side, had remained locked away. Apart from his occasional wet nappy, it was the adult Steve (and Stephan when he needed to be) that was now in charge.

However, mulling over just what the next move would be Steve wriggled contentedly in the crinkly protection he knew was probably unnoticeable under the new loose fitting casual look he’d adopted. Since they’d returned from their brief exile he’d found a more grown-up comfort in his nappy. He was relaxed, he was excited, he had direction but, and this took him completely by surprise, the occasional jet of renegade pee that occasionally spurted into the thirsty new fabric, sent a shiver of trepidation up his spine.

#

The clamour for interviews from the media were all knocked back much to the annoyance of various moguls who thought they could just click their corporate fingers and they’d get what they wanted - Stephan was at no one’s beck and call. There was something else that he was glad to put into place. On Tom’s visit the star had intimated that the team should be ahead of the game when it came to publicity, promotion and interviews. Suggesting that they set up their own ‘publicity centre’ where they could get information and argument out before other areas of the media had chance to react.  

Steve and Ian had accepted the offer of Tom’s own specialist team of Bloggers, Super Bloggers, Vloggers and Intel-hackers; after all, they’d been able to track the two down when no one else had been able to do so. That teams job was simple - to keep several steps ahead of any media giant intent on causing trouble. It was as if the Hollywood Superstar already had an idea that a fan and shit were soon to become well acquainted.

#

With Shagufta still not making an appearance as yet, Oskar was brought up to date with the Netflix offer. He agreed it sounded a fantastic opportunity but begged Steve not to allow some offensive German caricature to play his part. They then spent quite some time laughing and theorising about who might play them all and how Hollywood would emphasise their idiosyncrasies.

This was like the ‘good old days’ when, at the very beginning of the shows run several years earlier, they’d been able to laugh at what they were aiming to do. In those initial days none of them actually believed in ghosts or any kind of paranormal existence. They’d argue in ignorance about what they might find or what they’d have to conjure up to get the story over. However, the laughter and mockery of the subject came to an abrupt end with the appearance of the Green Lady. The rules had suddenly changed; the ridicule stopped and a respect for each story became the only way to go to make their ideas for the programme work.

Stephan had been first to come up with a new concept for engaging the subject and it had been the enigmatic smile and perceived encouragement from the Green Lady that had led him to assume his character and that approach. He added a mixture of curiosity, humour, self-effacement, facts and astonishment, which gave the show its undeniable edge.

#

The backlash began with Good Morning where the show’s production team had done a simple mock up to show how easy, via camera manipulation and super-imposing a ‘spirit’ could simply be manufactured ‘on demand’. Of course this was nothing like what had happened on any of the Manifestation shows but it was specifically done to put doubt into people’s minds. ITV were trying desperately to claw back some support from those calling for the closure of the network.

Some newspapers pounced on this ‘proof’ and began even more to ridicule and call the Manifestation team ‘...heartless conmen’. Sighting the fact that none of those involved had the temerity to face the public and explain themselves.

Tom’s team of ‘specialist hacksters’ were quickly on the case and turned the argument back on the shady political dealings of two prominent media owners; there competitors saw a real gain in going after them rather than a bunch of TV personalities. The trouble was – when it comes to members of the public, TV personalities trump political shenanigans every time.

Stephan was uncharacteristically livid with the Good Morning programme. He’d had a very good relationship with them in the past appearing on that show often first before any other interview had taken place. He’d even let them have exclusive footage of up-coming shows to give them a lead on Manifestation projects. He felt betrayed.

The following morning a strange mist descended on the London Studios at 10.30. This Morning Live was about to start its two hour show when suddenly the power failed, the studio filled up with a light hazy glow but not a piece of tech worked. Nothing electrical in or out of the Thames-side complex could be detected. The presenters of the show and their guests wondered why the atmosphere had gone as cold as the circuitry.

Back in the control room there was no such thing – technicians at all levels were thrown into complete and utter confusion - every piece of equipment was dead. Whilst the network fumbled through their standby tapes for a ‘Best of’ programme, there was a complete blackout of ITV, nothing was broadcast for the next two hours.

The Manifestation team may well have had their problems with soggy pants... however... it was nothing like the trail of messy underwear that many of the ITV crew suddenly found themselves having to cope with. As the network scrabbled around for a solution - BBC, Channel4 and even Five had the highest viewing figures for their morning shows.

Exactly at 12.30pm, when officially the show would finish, the cool mist evaporated and all power was unexpectedly restored so the company could continue to broadcast with the rest of its schedule. Managers, engineers, technicians, producers looked to one and other for answers but there were no cool heads able to explain what had happened and more than a whiff of suspicious desperation circulated throughout the studio.

#

Meanwhile, Oskar wasn’t having much success with the RIIG. It worked at a very low end of what he expected and it was only when Shagufta walked through the doors at the edit suite that things changed.

After a brief but loving exchange of greetings, a strange expectant hush descended over the quartet. They all seemed to know that this meeting was the last of one experience, whilst unsure what else beckoned. Ian reiterated to Shagufta the meeting he and Steve had with Tom, her eyes widening in excitement at the novel prospect that lay ahead. Her previous vows to pursue a life of meditative contemplation evaporating as the innovative possibilities were revealed to her. A grin a Cheshire cat would have been proud of spread over all their faces as the team enthusiastically endorsed this new direction.

Satisfied that all were on-board Steve put in a call to the private number Tom had given him for when (not if) he wanted to take things further. He didn’t get to speak to the man himself but left a cryptic message that only the Hollywood star would know the answer. Pleased that the wheels were now in motion, he volunteered to go to the store and get a couple of bottles of champagne to celebrate.

Whilst away he put in a call to his literary agent and told him to pursue the contract with Tom’s office. Two minutes later he received a call from ITV asking for a meeting. He declined saying he already knew what they wanted to discuss and was happy to terminate their agreement without culpability on either side. Again he directed ITV to his agent to finalise the break.

Five minutes later, as his hands were about to grasp two bottles of Tesco’s finest champagne from the chill unit he received a text from Tom with a smiley emoji and piece of programming code that would enable him to transfer info directly onto Tom’s company’s server.

As he put his phone away and reached once again for the expensive bottles of bubbly, a terrible icy shiver ran down his spine. This produced a reactive spurt of piss to fill the front of his nappy and he stood there, half in and half out of the chiller, clutching the two bottles and flooding his rapidly warming protection.

That wasn’t all. As he looked around he noticed that everyone else in the place was standing still, as if frozen in the moment; the cold air from the cabinet mixing with the warmer air of the store forming little wisps of cloud. He wasn’t sure but ‘could there have been faces in those tendrils of cold mist?’ This effect could have only lasted moments but to Steven it felt like time had been stretched, his fingers almost glued with cold to the bottles.

And then as quickly as it came... it passed.

Although unnerved, because a similar chill had run through him in the fire room at Clarkenwell Hall, he reached the checkout and beeped his way through the self-service area. A kindly old lady who had the responsibility of verifying that the alcohol buyer was the correct age smiled and congratulated him on whatever it was he was celebrating. She had no idea who he was or that this bald middle-aged chap had soaked his new but discreet thirsty padding like a two year old.

#

There was an air of renewed optimism in the studio. Despite this Oskar awkwardly explained to Shagufta and Ian what he’d hoped would happen but as yet the success of RIIG was minimal. However, fresh from her ‘mind-cleansing’ break the Nightmare Ninja suggested that maybe, rather than individual pieces, what was needed was to assemble to entire tech set-up exactly the way they’d used it at Clarkenwell Hall. It hadn’t been amassed in its totality since that epic day but to Oskar it seemed so obvious and was quite ashamed he hadn’t thought about such a solution himself.

Shagufta and Oskar set about collecting the equipment from the storage unit at the back of the studio. It was where the Manifestation library, programme rushes and script files were also kept. Oskar’s design for his monitoring set-up was cleverly constructed so that it could be built and dismantled with ease. Just a few cables and plugs linked the many sensors, monitors and other scientific pieces together and a good power source to get the entire show on the road.

Steve returned, his soaked nappy now rubbing him in a most sensual way (the new, improved nappy quality and the even more specialised thick vinyl/rubber pants were reacting very differently than usual), just as the final cables were attached but before the final switch was flicked to turn the entire thing ON. Before that happened Steve got Oskar to type into the computer system the few programme code’s Tom had sent, which opened up the firewall that had been surrounding the Manifestation security. Steve knew that to transfer the back catalogue as well as all the rushes they’d accrued over four series of their show would take time but the team back in the States, who were developing the new Netflix series, needed as much background as possible. It seemed a reasonable and obvious request.

Once that was underway Steve wanted to toast the hoped for success of their new endeavour; a celebratory chink of bubble-filled glasses and a chorus of ‘CHEERS’ prompted the next big step.

#

Oskar flicked the on switch and immediately the screens lit up with the snow of static noise. A shimmering display of monochrome pixels danced across the multi screens that were now in use. Oskar then switched on RIIG and a loud tone (more like a groan) erupted from the speakers. The dials and led lights on his equipment danced trying to find the correct level, eventually all stopping at their peak.

Oskar examined the large 72” edit screen to see if he could discern any changes and to his surprise, and delight, there was an image taking form. In fact, all the screens were beginning to display something more than the interference.

It wasn’t what Oskar had envisaged.

##tbc###

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Awesome new chapter. I have to tell you that I am absolutely loving this story. I have been up working for 24 of the last 39 hours now without any sleep and I thought reading this I would have some problems with comprehension. But I didn’t. I am thrilled at the new developments and can’t wait to see what happens next. You know I had to give this a like. 

Part 10

In an unassuming four story, glass and concrete building just off the Silicon Valley grid stand the offices for Guardian at the Gate Productions, fronted by Messer’s Spielberg and Cruise. Exterior-wise, Sentry House (as it is known) is quite inconspicuous but internally it is a gigantic hub for the latest and most advanced electronic nano and quantum developments in computer science.

The top floor houses the offices of TV executives, producers, directors and creative expansion teams, together with meeting rooms and a two bedroom apartment for any visiting luminaries. The third floor contains the working programmers, creative development, the artistic story-liners and visual architects. The second floor is the ‘FUN’ area, which also contains further meeting rooms, rest areas and sensory pods. The ground floor is a massive green screen studio and audio area, where production of many of their shows are recorded or tested.

To date they have three successful TV series running, a feature cartoon in production, several co-productions and are in development on seventeen new projects – Sentry House is very busy.

These areas the public are aware of but there are two further subterranean floors, secret floors, where Sentry KEY operate. These two covert zones have within their walls the most radical spying, hacking, personal and private information gathering equipment in the world. Innovative computer systems track, collect and store the world’s secrets from everywhere... including their own government.

Where other such Intelligence gathering units around the globe had bank after bank of computer hardware - drivers and servers - Sentry KEY has a hybrid system (Oskar would have been in awe had he known) that could sweep the world’s burgeoning computer files, extract data in moments, decide what’s needed and deposit that info in its bank of four small and heavily disguised storage units. These units operate across all server domains but are so innocuous few would guess their real function.

There is no secret that Sentry KEY is not aware of, no firewall it cannot penetrate and no key code it cannot access. It was because of the paranormal phenomena Manifestation was uncovering, that the team and their TV programme was deemed ‘of interest’. Oskar had intentionally put all their information ‘off-line’, with no accessible electronic link so gaining all that information had been impossible. Sentry KEY wanted what Manifestation knew... it was an area that only the show had tapped with any success.

Had Messer’s Spielberg and Cruise been aware of that fact, and how they were manipulated by ‘interested parties’, no doubt would have been rightly appalled. Alas, like the rest of the world, they had no idea just who or what Sentry KEY’s real function was... or even of its existence under their own building. A successful production company with such VIPs was the perfect cover for what the illicit and illegal organisation were actually doing. 

There were no staff occupying those two floors, just computers and AI machines constantly updating and accessing codes and information. Commands came from elsewhere and the data compiled used to influence world affairs.

If what the Manifestation team had accessed was true, and Sentry KEY thought it was, then they would have need to add such a powerful source to their armoury of ‘special capacities’... though at that moment they weren’t sure how that would happen.

#

The black and white pixels and interference seemed to dance and gain colour. The fuzzy monochrome suddenly began to twirl as if a cloud or fog was rolling across its surface. Specks of blues, yellows, reds and flashes of bright light seemed to be coalescing and slowly converging from all the other screens towards the large main monitor.

A growl of relief emanated from the speakers. Other sounds may have been words but the Manifestation team were unsure as the low-pitched rumble reverberated around the edit suite. The monitors were sparking into an array of swirling colours which could have been faces but may just have been a trick of the churning illumination. Deep within the colour a darker shape formed, absorbing the entire colour and emanating a gloom split by shards of lightening.

It was at this moment that the team seemed to realise, almost as one, what was about to happen and at that nano-second of recognition (thankfully, like Stephan, he’d worn his thickest padding and impermeable pants) Ian crapped in his pants.

He wasn’t alone.

Under immense pressure the large screen blew apart, releasing the spiralling darkness into the room. The place was engulfed as once again, time appeared to stand still but the shade grew. The team were rooted to the spot as those scary tentacles of blackness reached and searched each person, releasing whatever was inside and claiming it back.

To their surprise Oskar, Shagufta and Ian could feel things (they weren’t sure what), being extracted from them. Shadows from past encounters they didn’t know were living in their bodies were drawn out in a flurry of foggy spectres. The wild churning entity absorbed each one and swirled angrily as more and more phantoms appeared to be dragged into the edit suite from outside the room.

#

Later witnesses would confusingly claim that they saw fogs descend or that they themselves felt drawn towards the building, though in fact had never moved. Some maintained to have seen past members of their families disappear towards the swirling mist that quickly and mystically engulfed the structure. Faces, angry, sorrowful faces were pulled from that mist only for it to disappear as quickly as it came.

#

Inside the facility equipment was exploding unleashing shards of metal, glass and wood in all directions. The twisting, coiling entity was gathering itself for a final confrontation from its previous, though unknowing, captors.

Having been trapped for so long inside the equipment it was devouring all the power it could muster from everyone and everywhere. It had disliked being captured, it disliked those who had held it so, and now, it would wreak such revenge.

Steve surveyed the room unable to help as more and more apparatus became part of the spiralling tentacles of whatever dark and sinister energy now occupied the room. Like his partner, his bowels had loosened and he’d unceremoniously filled his tight protection... it was the least of his worries.

The turmoil continued as Oskar was first struck by an errant piece of metal... soon his entire body was just a pin-cushion of metal and glass splinters. Pinned up against a wall and with more and more items spearing his bold Teutonic body life was leaking from him.

A large sweeping tentacle smashed into the Nightmare Ninja who had no defence from its frenzied attack. With ease Shagufta was swept through the air to smash through two glass partitions, glass shards sliced into her body and blood flowed to join that of her colleague.

Steve and Ian witnessed the carnage but couldn’t move; the first real terror either had faced left them rooted to the spot though Ian tried to get his husband to leave. His call was lost in the static whirling sound, the violent churning of what now lay within the beast that had taken possession of a once peaceful and soundproofed studio. Dazzling sparks seemed to light up the swirling cauldron for brief moments before being engulfed by darkness but still it held Steve’s gaze.

The hypnotising flashes of lightning, together with swirling images and faces of the past, held him transfixed.

Except...

Two large tendril of blackness punched into Ian and sent him sprawling backwards into the breaking masonry. He then saw the entity turn all its attention onto his partner and simply engulf him completely.

Sparks flew, the room shook, and masonry cracked splitting the room into a hybrid of churning dust, debris and intense darkness. For a brief second time stopped followed almost instantaneously by a hellish roar of finality. It was at this point that Ian briefly fell into unconsciousness.

#

Ian had no idea how long he’d been out. The noise, the entity, had disappeared leaving only the day to day sounds that filtered into his brain as he heard people’s voices shouting out if everyone was “OK”. Dust and rubble had piled up everywhere, there was no semblance of an edit suite left... there was also no sign of his partner.

The voices drew closer. He could hear them say that they’d found two bodies but knew that there were at least another two people in the building at the time of the ‘explosion’. Ian shook himself clear of the small amount of debris that covered him and began to search for Steve. He heard a soft cry, a cry he’d heard many times before and hopefully dragged himself in its direction.

“Steve, Steve, talk to me Steve... are you alright?” There was both panic and fear in his voice as he eventually got to his feet and stumbled towards the sobbing.

For a few seconds Ian stood amazed. Looking frightened and neglected was Dolly. Her clothes had been torn, although her giant baby’s padding was still intact, but she looked alone and lost. It was she who was sobbing... he had hoped it was Steve. He reached out to comfort the poor child but her hazy apparition dissolved as soon as his fingers slid through her misty outline.

“Steve. Steve... where are you STEVE?” Terrified at what had taken place he stared at the horrific scene desperately searching the mess that was once the edit suite... and the building that once housed it.

“There’s one alive here... I can hear him shouting...” A voice Ian had never heard before seemed to be getting closer.

“We’re coming mate. Hold on we’ll get to you soon but it’s a bit unsafe... so stay where you are.”

It was at that precise moment that three and a half tons of precarious stonework broke away from the wall and smashed down onto the Screaming Eye, never to scream again.

“Oh fuck.” The only comment from the rescuers that made any sense to the tangle of wires, metal, glass and wood... plus the three bloody bodies that littered the scene of total devastation.

#

They searched the rubble for hours. A couple of eye-witnesses had confirmed that there were at least four people in that particular part of the building when it ‘collapsed’ but a fourth person could not be found.

With the realisation of just who the deceased were the rumour-mill started. Although the observed mists before the ‘accident’ made more sense conspiracy and counter-conspiracy theories were quickly unleashed on a world desperate for an answer to what was pronounced - a bizarre incident.

Murder most foul - perpetrated by Stephan Saint Maarten - was the top speculation, with the WorldWideWeb adding hundreds and thousands of opinions, reports, tittle-tattle, claims, beliefs and a myriad of other preposterous allegations. But the main question was – where was the Badger? Stephan Saint Maarten had quite literally disappeared off the face of the Earth.

#

In the days that followed Stephan came under even more suspicion when his agent stated that the tragedy struck just as a major new project for the team was about to be announced. Only earlier, on that day of the ‘accident’, and after a confirmation call from Stephan and the broadcaster’s representatives, he’d signed a new, multi-million dollar contract with Netflix.  

Speculation was rife that Stephan had become greedy and killed off the other members of the team so he could have all the money... and because there was no body to prove otherwise, this theory took hold.

There were even some heartless members of the media who suggested that no doubt he’d return when the time was right as one of his ‘ghosts’ to claim the ‘pot of gold’.

With the lack of Stephan’s body (live or dead) things got a bit desperate and the new Netflix show was temporary put on hold. The files held on the servers at Sentry House were quiet as decisions were made as to what to do next.

Stephan’s British agent had power of attorney and said that a long-standing directive from the team was that should anything ever happen to them to “transmit and be damned”. This he explained meant that everything should go ahead even if things got a little sticky or mysterious. Stephan knew that the area they worked in was pitted with incongruities and the inconceivable but none-the-less should be explored. Also, the last message the agent received from Stephan was how the entire team were excited and on-board with the idea of the Netflix show. It should go ahead.

#

The police were baffled by what had happened but maintained their ‘interest’ in one person; Steve Martin, also known as Stephan Saint Maarten. The fact that he’d disappeared without trace was suspicious to say the least and a massive worldwide manhunt was launched to find him.

Meanwhile, some of the hated media were having a field day printing any rumour, argument, gossip or conversation that could blacken his name and thereby bringing the entire Manifestation story in to disrepute.

A ‘careless’ exchange between two police officers who were searching Steve’s and Ian’s apartment mentioned they’d found a whole host of baby products designed for adults; nappies, disposables, rubber stuff, toys. The journo who overheard these comments immediately latched onto something that he knew would be sensational, exclusive and damning.

The headline: Babyfestation – The sleazy world of TV’s ghost hunters.

There then followed a three page revelation on the ‘sexual’ practices of TV’s favourite ghostly investigators - including mock up images of both Ian and Stephan wearing the specified items - actual photographs of just what exactly was bought appeared alongside the item.

The journalist had done his research and found the supplier of these articles. Although the source had insisted that it was provided as a preventative measure because of the scary subject they investigated, the reporter saw a way of turning this on its head... and getting into his editor’s good books.

It was presented in such a damaging way that the couple were indulging in dodgy ABDL practices (the journo went into great detail to explain to his readers in as negative way possible just exactly what those initials meant) inferring all manner of immoral and corrupt practices that might even have included children.

There were no facts, or even fiction, in the piece that suggested such a thing but the Twittersphere and social media took up this cry as a natural progression from such revelations.

By including a series of none attributable ‘quotes’ and ‘observations’ the journalist’s entire feature was presented as fact and accepted as such by a large proportion of the paper’s readers.

What had been a loving response to a ‘sticky’ situation whilst Steve and Ian worked on the more scary aspects of their show the paper had turned into a debauched and evil act. The media leapt on this unsubstantiated story and tore the team’s reputation to shreds.

On this issue, and because of the lack of direction back at Guardian at the Gate Productions back in the States, the blogging press core were caught wrong-footed and their response was too little too late.

#

Stephan woke up.

He was unsure if he was Steve or Stephan he only knew that something drastic had taken place and tried to remember the sequence of events.

He had no idea where he was, and, as he searched around, wondered what exactly he was.

It was mostly dark, with just the occasional green or blue spark emanating from somewhere. An occasional ‘noise’, he couldn’t quite make out what the sound was but there was definitely some sort of background ‘hum’ going on.

He tried to examine his body but that proved even more difficult... there was no body to examine. In fact, he wasn’t sure if he was alive or dead. He needed to think and think quickly and recollect exactly what had happened.

#

Back in the disintegrating edit suit the entity had engulfed Stephan in a bid to kill him. He wanted to absorb the power that this live human possessed for itself. Unfortunately, because of the presence of Dolly it couldn’t kill him although was able to eject her spectre and imprison her host. Seeing time running out the entity sought an exit.

The download feed to Sentry House was almost finished and this seemed, to the swirling mass of energy an opportunity to change continents, the best opportunity for a secretive departure. It engulfed the servers and, with the final pieces of code being transmitted to the receiving servers in the USA had the perfect exit strategy.

Unfortunately, those servers were like the equipment that Oskar had developed and were for holding information and not accessible until needed. So for the moment it seethed and plotted its revenge but remained, for the moment at least, trapped.

#

Stephan was beginning to remember. Images of the bloody bodies of Oskar and Shagufta, the pleas from Ian to “run” echoed inside his head. He relived the visual horror that surrounded him and the physical psychic punch he experienced as the darkness enveloped and kicked out Dolly and all the other shades that dwelt within him.

Some appeared to be absorbed but a frantic looking Dolly, stunned and upset looked up at him alone as more shadows circled and encased him. He couldn’t even reach out a comforting hand as he suddenly felt the power in every atom of his body fragmenting.

The edit suite dissolved into nothing and was being carried along at great speed.

Then nothing... until now.

He assumed he must be dead and that where he was was some kind of afterlife - in some way he was correct.

#

Sentry EYE had now the rushes and back catalogue of all Manifestation’s work, what it didn’t know was that it had collected something extra, something their clever quantum computers were unable to evaluate.

The AI operators had detected a glitch but had put this down to a power surge back in the UK. They were content that their new storage capacity was inaccessible from any other prying coding and was safely locked in the vaults for the time being.

#

Meanwhile, over the next few days the production team, eager to get to work on the new Manifestation Story (the working title) where brought to a halt because of what had happened back in the UK. Both Cruise and Spielberg sent out messages of condolence and a temporary period of appropriate mourning surrounded the production.

In truth, Guardian at the Gate Productions was well ahead in casting and pre-production. So sure had the Hollywood superstar been at getting the rights to the show storylines for the proposed first series were almost complete.

However, for the time being, the rushes were held in the special servers where no one could get to them...

#

Stephan’s mind worked on his basic recollections and whilst resting in the darkness was able to put a few possibilities together. He knew that a drastic change had taken place and also realised that the unimaginable had happened. He was no longer Stephan, or even Steve Martin, he was just... coding.

He would never have forecast having consciousness. None of this fit in with what the Manifestation team had ever experienced during any of their recording of events. However, he recalled the way that the darkness had materialised from the electronic soft and hardware back in the edit suite. It had taken them all by surprise because no one was expecting such an occurrence.  Oskar had wanted to find answers but he doubted that even the clever German had knowledge of what would transpire.

A strange thought entered his head/code and he wondered if smell could be coded because one of the last things he remembered was him fearfully filling his sturdy protection. He giggled to himself. Well he assumed it was a giggle but, a swirl of kinetic noise which felt a little bit threatening soon made him rethink his situation. No more frivolous thoughts, he had to find a way of escape.

Around him he knew the darkness must also be code and yet, despite the strange electronic buzzing and occasional sparks of light, couldn’t locate precisely where it was. In fact it and he were one and the same. There was no him and the entity anymore, there was just the code and the code had plans that would spread the darkness far and wide.

The End...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There’s not a slight chance in billions I would have expected an ending such as this. This entire story was absolutely awesome. You really set the mark high with this Les Lea. I am now going to have to hold you to this standard of writing. I am sure you are up to it as your writing continues to impress. I was very happy to give this a like and I am waiting for the next story. 

Thanks CDfm, what a wonderful thing to say ?.

I wasn't sure when I started it if it was the type of thing anyone would like but I'm really glad I persevered with it.

So  a huge thanks to those who commented... and those who enjoyed it.

Yippeee

?