LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Thickest disposable / liner

Just as it says. I want a good disposable and thickness is not a concern. It is probably been asked before but what is the thickest diaper out there and thickest liner? Fun prints would be a bonus but not necessary. I have a few extra bucks and would like to try one. I have been in cloth so long that the last good disposable was molicare. Even then I thought there must be something better. Have seen many new ones since. What is thickest and most absorbent?

As far as dry thickness rearz safari or ABU simple/space how ever the rearz thickness comes from it being more fluffy like a pillow and therefore is noticeably less when compressed as far as thickness when wet ABU PeekABU/simple ultra they swell up like crazy there like all sap as far as boosters are concerned I've only ever used ABU powerups which are fantastic 

21 hours ago, Spanky said:

Better Dry/Crinklz start out pretty thick and really swell up the more you wet them

I've heard so many people mention Crinklz when discussing thick diapers, but the Crinklz I ordered are the thinnest ABDL diapers I've ever purchased. Is there a specific version of them that is thick?

As for my experience with the thickest diapers, it would have to be a close tie between Dry 24/7 and Rearz Safari. The Dry 24/7s have a tendency to clump when wet, which is a big drawback. The Rearz Safari are about the same thickness as their other diapers in general, but they are about an inch wider which makes them feel and look thicker when worn.

7 hours ago, DprDJeff said:

I've heard so many people mention Crinklz when discussing thick diapers, but the Crinklz I ordered are the thinnest ABDL diapers I've ever purchased. Is there a specific version of them that is thick?

Not sure. I have three Crinklz models (original, Aquanaut, and Astronaut), and they all appear to be the same.  They weigh around 230-235 grams, which is close to Safaris (235-240 grams).  

Crinklz are definitely compacted into their bag a lot more than Rearz diapers, so part of the thinness you experience could be due to that.  The outer plastic is definitely thinner, lower quality feeling that a lot of other diapers, but I have no way to measure that.  As with any diaper, opening them up and fluffing them helps thicken them more, and theoretically makes them more absorbent.

It's possible that you calling them the "thinnest diapers" was hyperbole.  But virtually all MyDiapers are thinner, all the legacy Bambinos are thinner, all Dotty Diapers are thinner, ABU Preschools are thinner, etc.  And all of those are much lighter than Crinklz, some as low as 135 grams. 

I wore a Crinklz last night and it didn't feel as thick as Rearz or Premium ABUs at the beginning of the night.  However, by morning the diaper was about as thick as any I've worn, including MegaMax.  So they may have more SAP in them than some other models. 

While I like Crinklz, my only real issue with them is that they don't look that much like a diaper when they are on me (imho).  My fetish is more visual than tactile, so I prefer diapers that fit my mind's eye of what a diaper is supposed to look like.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, dyperbole said:

Not sure. I have three Crinklz models (original, Aquanaut, and Astronaut), and they all appear to be the same.  They weigh around 230-235 grams, which is close to Safaris (235-240 grams).  

Crinklz are definitely compacted into their bag a lot more than Rearz diapers, so part of the thinness you experience could be due to that.  The outer plastic is definitely thinner, lower quality feeling that a lot of other diapers, but I have no way to measure that.  As with any diaper, opening them up and fluffing them helps thicken them more, and theoretically makes them more absorbent.

It's possible that you calling them the "thinnest diapers" was hyperbole.  But virtually all MyDiapers are thinner, all the legacy Bambinos are thinner, all Dotty Diapers are thinner, ABU Preschools are thinner, etc.  And all of those are much lighter than Crinklz, some as low as 135 grams. 

I wore a Crinklz last night and it didn't feel as thick as Rearz or Premium ABUs at the beginning of the night.  However, by morning the diaper was about as thick as any I've worn, including MegaMax.  So they may have more SAP in them than some other models. 

While I like Crinklz, my only real issue with them is that they don't look that much like a diaper when they are on me (imho).  My fetish is more visual than tactile, so I prefer diapers that fit my mind's eye of what a diaper is supposed to look like.

I have a collection of different diapers on my shelf and I only had two Crinklz diapers that I ordered in a sample pack. Red and I both did a visual inspection of all the diapers and the Crinklz seemed thinner than every other diaper there. The plastic backing reminded us of grocery bags. They did swell a bit when wet, but not to a degree that seemed impressive.

Maybe the ones I had were a first run prototype or something. We have more coming tomorrow, so I'll have to look.

Now that I have them out and am looking at them, one notable difference between the Crinklz and the Safari is that the Safari is almost an inch wider when originally folded: Safari is 7 3/8 inches wide, Crinklz is 6 1/2 inches wide.  So that could be a reason Safari feels thicker -- the matting may be wider.

The lack of notable difference in weight likely means there is more SAP in a Crinklz than a Safari.  

Newer diapers such as MegaMax and PeekABUs are lighter than Crinklz -- 210 grams and 205 grams respectively.  The MegaMax is the same width orignally folded as the Crinklz (6 1/2 inches), and the PeekABU is around 7 3/8 inches originally folded (same width as the Safari).  

Hard to say what all this means when it comes to thickness.  While I tend to think the Rearz line (Safari, Inspire+ InControl, etc) are the thickest diapers I wear, they don't seem to be that much thicker than most others including Crinklz.  As a general rule, in my experience the thinner diapers tend to be the ones that weigh less. But there's no doubt that Crinklz is a very compacted diaper -- even after being out of the bag for months, my Crinklz still seem very solid compared to other diapers that seem to fluff up once out of a pack.   

• 4 weeks later...

So I went with the rearz inspire incontrol. All I can say is wow! Last premium diapers I got were molicare which would leak at night and not as comfy. Plus not white. For a disposable it is the thickest I have tried. I was brave and wore them to bed the day I got them. Now I never had a disposable not leak at night so I doubled them and added a stuffer cutting slits in the inner one. Bonus was I wet half the night with out waking up. Got up wet after multiple wettings with no leaks. Better yet the outer diaper was barely wet. So I got brave and only wore one diaper and no stuffers. Amazing! Still no leaks but very wet! I am impressed. They seem so thin compaired to my cloth diapers but very impressed with the absorbancy. Well worth the money.

You are not going to get a throw-away to be as thick as you can with cloth by any reasonable means, and if you want to go UNreasonable, you still cannot. There is a point to multi-layering cloth diapers since the more material, the more it can hold. With disposables, the security, containment and protection are, ultimately, done chemically. The trend in pampers is toward slimmer, phony cloth backing to be less noticeable and less diaper-y. Back in the day, before prefolds, the process was to use multiple diapers overlaid one on the other, then folded, up to 3 for good nighttime protection for a 3 year old. There is nothing stopping you from going with 4,  5 or 6 flat cloth diapers. Besides that the throw-away diaper is much thinner per unit to start with and to layer up, you have to do things to them to make them work

This is what I am in  and how it came to be

And this is what it looks like

20181013_211708.jpg

You just are not going to do this with paper diapers

32 years ago, a leading ABDL publisher, INFANTAE PRESS had an article on the matter. they said that those growing up with, and preferring throw-aways, who preferred them, would miss a good diaper experience; and this was before the SAP diaperes became the norm, and for those using them, because  they would be thinner, and a bit icky, it would even be worse. and as I said, the trend is to the skinny minnie in both adult and baby diapers

I find the bambino ultrastretch diaper with an abena abri-let maxi booster to be extremely thick and comfortable. The next thickest I have worn is the Dry 24/7 diaper with an abena anti-let maxi booster. That combo is also very thick and comfortable.