LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

MEGAMAX

Dunham

Has anyone tried the new Megamax 12 hour diaper form Northshore yet? They sent me a two pack sample with my order of abena L4s. I tried them out and I like them so far I had ordered a pack of them and they came on Saturday when I got off work at 1:00pm I had to run some air ruins at 4 pm I got changed at 4 PM from my nap into a MEGAMAX 12 hour and run my air ruins I was surprised I was comfortable urinating in front of friends and family for the first time in my life. I war the sample for 21 hours messy,wet and held up great and I'm wearing one now and have been in it from

4: PM Saturday afternoon till now and it's 7: AM Sunday morning it's really full this time. My abena's would have been full from front to back and out the back of my diaper onto whatever I was sitting on by now. I'm half tempted to wear these to work. I been leaking fecal liquid into my underwear. It's gross I hate wearing underwear and being in construction work and know where to change a diaper.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I might need to try these. It will be a while before I buy them because I have a really good stash of dry 24/7 and seni quatro diapers already in the house. I currently use the dry 24/7's at night during the winter and seni quatro during the summer. During the day, I use either the Seni super or seni super plus all year round. The Seni super is easily concealable for when I have to go somewhere. The Seni super plus is worn around the house during the day because it is not as concealable and I don't want people to notice I am wearing protection when I go out.

The only time I wear diapers longer than 3 to 4 hours is when I go out of town shopping or running air ruins (or errands).  This might be 2 or 3 times a year, one of those times being Christmas shopping.  Premium diapers just wouldn't be worth the cost.  The last premium diapers I ordered were Abriform X-Plus in 2004 and I still have 5 or 6 left.  I did just order a package of Betterdry disposables from Northshore and they came last Friday.  I wore one Saturday night and was very impressed by it.  I plan on wearing one next week when I go out of town to do my Christmas shopping.  When I got my package of Betterdrys last Friday, it included two free samples of the Mega Max diapers.  I want to give them a try, but I want to wait for a time in the future where I can be in one for over 12 hours.  My out of town shopping trips are usually around 8 hours (with a diaper change half way through the day due to the store brand diapers I usually wear).  This time the Betterdry diapers will be what I wear and for the first time in years I shouldn't have to stop and change a soaked leaking diaper half way through the day.   I do look forwards to a time where I can test the Mega Max fully for well over 14 continuous hours.

Northshore included 2 samples of their Megamax diaper with my last order and I tried them out as well. I found that they had a much higher capacity than the Abena L4's which I have worn for a few years now. I think the Northshore Megamax diaper is an excellent product.

• Like 1
I might need to try these. It will be a while before I buy them because I have a really good stash of dry 24/7 and seni quatro diapers already in the house. I currently use the dry 24/7's at night during the winter and seni quatro during the summer. During the day, I use either the Seni super or seni super plus all year round. The Seni super is easily concealable for when I have to go somewhere. The Seni super plus is worn around the house during the day because it is not as concealable and I don't want people to notice I am wearing protection when I go out.
I really don't care if people know or not it's my problem not their.

I stated in a earlier post that I received samples also. I also stated that while they worked well the cost was just too high for me and I still stand behind that. Clearly it seems that the company is looking to cater to a certain market segment & the are probably aware that these diapers won’t attract the every day wearer. I would probably be interested if pricing did not exceed dry 24/7 pricing. I consider those to be the maximum I’d pay before finally switching to cloth. I do remember in both cases that the standing leg cuffs came apart in both diapers used although it didn’t seem to make a change in performance. I currently use 3 24/7’s per day and under no circumstances would I use less so the idea of less changes per day marketing doesn’t change anything. They also seem to be cut shorter than the 24/7’s but were still ok for fit & comfort. I’m sure Northshore is testing the market by pushing the pricing envelope & I wish them success but always remember that it’s best to get a dollar eleven times verses ten dollars once. Based on that I think this may be a designer type diaper that people may use sometimes and won’t be the go to diaper that regular users need/want because of cost.

I stated in a earlier post that I received samples also. I also stated that while they worked well the cost was just too high for me and I still stand behind that. Clearly it seems that the company is looking to cater to a certain market segment & the are probably aware that these diapers won’t attract the every day wearer. I would probably be interested if pricing did not exceed dry 24/7 pricing. I consider those to be the maximum I’d pay before finally switching to cloth. I do remember in both cases that the standing leg cuffs came apart in both diapers used although it didn’t seem to make a change in performance. I currently use 3 24/7’s per day and under no circumstances would I use less so the idea of less changes per day marketing doesn’t change anything. They also seem to be cut shorter than the 24/7’s but were still ok for fit & comfort. I’m sure Northshore is testing the market by pushing the pricing envelope & I wish them success but always remember that it’s best to get a dollar eleven times verses ten dollars once. Based on that I think this may be a designer type diaper that people may use sometimes and won’t be the go to diaper that regular users need/want because of cost.
I like them for the out shopping or movies or something of that nature but I'm fecal incontinence so if I have an accident I have to chance anyway.

My take on the market place for them is for several reasons.  First, you have to expect the higher price for a couple reasons.  More absorbent filling is one.  Look at any diaper sold.  The lower absorbency diapers are cheaper and the price goes up incrementally as the size and absorption rate goes up.  A 12 ounce box of cereal is cheaper than a 16 ounce box of the same cereal.  you also have the production costs.  You have a new diaper that you have designed and set up a production line.  You have to price those diapers to justify the costs of a special production machine and line, especially if you go to all that cost and they are not your top selling product.  I also look at the market for their usage.  These can be marketed for those who find it inconvenient to change diapers either on a long shift at work or when out shopping for a day when changing diapers in a restroom might not be what they want to have to do.  You may have the AB/DL market with people who just want them because they are the thickest and bulkiest, but I look at them as kind of a special diaper, not necessarily an every day all the time use diaper.  Maybe people will use the Dry 24/7 or Northshore Supreme, maybe Tena,  Molicare or Abena as their normal every day diaper, but when a special circumstance crops up and they think they may need a longer lasting diaper for that one occasion, these fit the bill.  Sure, the extra cost per package may make it something someone wouldn't want to wear on a regular everyday basis, but for those few special times when they may want or need an extended wear diaper, these could fit the bill to have a package on hand.  While I'm sure Northshore would want people to buy these by the case and use them as their every day 24/7/365 diaper to make money, even they have to realize each diaper has a specific use and market based on each individual.  Otherwise, they wouldn't sell as many different brands as they do.  

Even though I noticed that they were a little more expensive than my usual case of Betterdrys, I still went ahead and ordered them. 

Pros: It’s the only diaper that I can wear at night and not have to worry about leaks because I sleep on my side without having to put some kind of booster pad in it. When I add up the cost of the Betterdry plus two boosters verses a single Megamax, the Megamax is cheaper to sleep in for me. Although cost isn’t my main concern, it still does chime in along the line somewhere.

I could care less about how they look, everyone is complaining about the printing down the side. It doesn’t bother me at all. 

They don’t clump up like the Betterdrys or the Abena’s that I’ve worn on a regular basis.

Cons:

The  elastic /  stretch part of the front of the diaper digs into my skin and can be uncomfortable in a sitting position for me, hence why I don’t wear them during the day. I considered cutting that part off and trying it out, but with the thick landing strip, I don’t think it’s going to make much difference. 

Overall, I’m very happy with how they perform and will definitely keep buying them for night use. 

On 12/1/2018 at 6:43 AM, incondl said:

I’m sure Northshore is testing the market by pushing the pricing envelope & I wish them success but always remember that it’s best to get a dollar eleven times verses ten dollars once.

Northshore  has most certainly changed their marketing approach. Without one word about it, they stopped carrying the Moli's I wear- only the usual 'out-of-stock' message when I wanted to order. Next week was the same but now I really needed to get an order in so I asked when they expected to have more. Only then did they tell me that they weren't going to carry the Moli's anymore :o They COULD have removed the listing from their website once their stock ran out, but they didn't. Instead they put me in a bind as I was counting on their quick shipping at that point being as low on diapers as I was :angry2: I then noticed that in recent times they'd been pushing ads and offers to me for their 24/7's and Supremes, which are good diapers but NOT the ones I want <_< That opened my eyes to what had been happening with their marketing approach which I don't like. When I know what I want, don't go trying to sell me something else instead. I don't play that sh!t. You ain't me and you don't know what's good for me, and you don't know what I want even if you think you do. Unless you're listening to me which they obviously weren't :badmood:

I'm sure they intend this as a "niche" diaper and I'm sure they're going to get the highest price possible for them knowing that this 'niche' will pay exorbitant prices to get what they want. I have no problem with that business-wise but I do have a problem with that when it comes to my friends in the ABDL world possibly getting ripped-off :rant: And coupled with how I was treated after using them exclusively for several years with them knowing that, I can't support Northshore any more. YMMV with that which is fine. They do have a lot to recommend them, but when your focus changes from satisfying your customers to satisfying yourself, you lose me and my business completely which is not what I want :crybaby: That is a shame as this sounds like an awesome diaper and I know it will be good (at least for now until their greed becomes begins destroying them).  I hope everyone who tries them enjoys the experience, just know that you're being played like a piano with these people now.

Bettypooh

• 4 months later...
Has anyone tried the new Megamax 12 hour diaper ...

After reading Dunham’s original post, I decided to give these a try. The fit is nice and comfi. The plastic outer lining is great, though I’ve always wished that the outer plastic lining covered a larger portion of the front area of all the brands that add this important feature. I know that I’ve pushed the capacity of this MegaMax Diaper to 3,000 ml multiple times. And regardless of the leg spasms and contortions I must constantly contend with, there is no leaking. So I really am impressed with the MegaMax. I would consider going to this as my ‘mainstay’ diaper but with the current pricing, I’ll only be able to use the MegaMax when routine diaper changes are more difficult to do and maximum absorbency is absolutely necessary.   

Photo 1: My MegaMax at 12 hoursFD4989A9-98BD-4EE9-B6E1-67DBD0BA7A04-COLLAGE.thumb.jpg.9ff57da8dc066ba55441ef2ff4ba1ad2.jpg Photo 2: My MegaMax at 18 hoursIMG_8555.thumb.jpg.b42c0a24e1346c3d7bb2303eb2fc4b65.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1