LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

why do you wet

oldwetter66

I don't know why I wet at night. I wetted at night all the way up to 17 yrs. old and stopped wetting at night suddenly. Started wetting at night when I was 24 yrs. old and still wet at night now. I have no idea why I wet along with doctors don't have a clue why I wet either. I don't know that I wet until waking in the morning to a wet diaper. I didn't start to wet for fun.

I wet as a means to stop getting up multiple times every night just to pee in the toilet. Physical activity turns my sleep off and ruins the rest my body needs as I can never get back to sleep quickly (or sometimes at all) once I get up. Since I wear 24/7 that's not an issue anymore; wake slightly, pee as needed, then fall right back to sleep. Occasionally I won'r even wake up and just pee in my sleep. And now i get the rest my old body needs which makes every pert of my life better :girl_happy:

Bettypooh

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I wet because I was in a car/semi accident. I suffered several various injuries including permanent nerve damage which is why I have no control of my bladder function. I have been to multiple doctors and have been through all the tests. I have permanent loss of feeling in parts of my lower body. I have been totally incontinent since 1998. Things could have been much worse. I'm glad that I am able to live a fairly normal lifestyle. Wearing a diaper isn't such a terrible thing because it gives me the freedom to do the things I love to do.

• 2 weeks later...

About three years ago I was dreaming I was in the bathroom and wet the bed for real.  I had that problem as a kid.  I've come close several times since then, but wake up before it happens.  That was about the time I started having overactive bladder issues.  I don't trust myself now, so were a diaper to bed.  I tried using the diaper for a few days so I wouldn't wake up several times, but my wife thinks it is terrible to use a diaper (even though she noticed I slept much better).  I use a condom cath during the day; it's much easier to empty than to change diapers several times.  I found I can attach the cath with properly sized wide rubber bands (I use pieces of bicycle inner tubes, but a softer rubber might be better) and reuse the same cath and bag for a long time.  I can't use the bands 24 hours because the skin needs time off.  I have found that the cath can to balloon if there is a constriction which makes it come off, but a rubber band on the glans stops that from happening.  Also, kinks and tubing disconnects are causes of leaks.  Why no one has made a clamp or more positive connection is beyond me; they'd have a real competitive edge.

• 2 weeks later...

I wet when I was younger until puberty and then in my late teens and 20s when I was drinking a lot. And then I was dry for most of two decades but it started again. I think it was a change in meds that started it because I was on a different medical treatment. It became more regular and I just adjusted to it.

16 hours ago, DaveeBEd said:

Because I want to become totally dual IC, its my kink - no other reason

I wouldn't want to lose control of my bowels but have accepted and embraced my urinary incontinene and nightly enuresis.

Its just a strange kink that I have always had and now I finally have the opportunity to hopefully achieve that goal

7 hours ago, stevewet said:

I wouldn't want to lose control of my bowels but have accepted and embraced my urinary incontinene and nightly enuresis.

I wet because I trained myself to be a bed wetter. At first I would wet my diaper in bed when I I woke up needing to wet. Over time I would wake up less and less to wet. Now I don't wake up at all during the night and in the morning I always have a wet diaper. This took a long time to get to this point. I think that being a bed wetter until I was 10ish and sometimes into my teens made it easier be become a bed wetter again. I don't know the last time I had a dry night.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Pampertimmy said:

I wet because I trained myself to be a bed wetter. At first I would wet my diaper in bed when I I woke up needing to wet. Over time I would wake up less and less to wet. Now I don't wake up at all during the night and in the morning I always have a wet diaper. This took a long time to get to this point. I think that being a bed wetter until I was 10ish and sometimes into my teens made it easier be become a bed wetter again. I don't know the last time I had a dry night.

Same here I don't have dry nights it's just a case of how wet.

On 1/14/2019 at 8:43 PM, stevewet said:

I agree with this. I had nighttime bowel incontinence about a decade ago and it bothered me a lot more than bedwetting. It happened to me during the daytime too but I didnt pay a lots of attention until it started happening more at night. I went to several doctors before they figured out the problem that was actually caused by an overproduction of thyroid hormones so Ive had to take meds for that ever since. At least it stopped the nightly mess I had with loss of bowel control.

On 1/17/2019 at 10:14 AM, Pampertimmy said:

How long between stopping as a kid and returning to bed wetting as an adult? How many years did it take as an adult to wet fully at night?

10 hours ago, carsfan said:

How long between stopping as a kid and returning to bed wetting as an adult? How many years did it take as an adult to wet fully at night?

For me i I am honest I have never been completely dry at night. I stopped wetting in my early 20's and was reasonably dry at night although I had episodes of bedwetting all through my adult life. Sometimes an odd night and other times for several nights in a row. Then in my late 40s my bedwetting back and I have been back to nightly wetting since I turned 50.

On 1/17/2019 at 1:14 PM, Pampertimmy said:

Your background is similar to mine.  I wet the bed till about age nine.  Then, except for purposeful, was dry till I wet in my sleep on multiple occasions after consuming beer in my late teens.  A couple years later in a place of my own I began to experiment with beer and water before bed hoping to sleep wet.  It worked to the point a girlfriend diplomatically suggested diapers.  To my amazement, as time passed with a diaper minimizing the downside it took less and less and eventually no alcohol to achieve the goal.

Someone asked how long it took.  In my case perhaps five years from the time I began to try to wet in my sleep till I no longer trusted myself not to when sleeping away from home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On January 24, 2019 at 8:02 PM, carsfan said:

I was 9ish when I stopped bedwetting. I became a bed wetter again when I was 44. It took a little over two years for me to become a bed wetter again.