LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Shania Twain

Maybe now is the time Shania Twain should pay attention to all the TV commercials for adult incontinence products. She is a year my junior.

Even when I was 17 I was not embarrassed going to a store where people knew me to buy Attends. These days you can buy adult diapers on-line.

It sounds like so far Shania has been lucky. Still, how often can you cover-up a pee-puddle by spilling a glass of water before your roadies notice as they mop up?

Now I have to search for her account of peeing on stage when she was in school. Maybe she was not laughing about that back then, although laughing at that at the time would have reduced teasing.

I've often thought that some performers may be diapered on stage. Now I can fantasize about Shania in a diaper.  Good thing she had a skirt on and not jeans,  LOL.  Wouldn't have been able to hide it then.

There have been a lot of those. Usually, over the last couple of decades, someone has spread a rumor about some given "it girl" of the era. Around the time Speed came out, there were rumors about Sandra Bullock needing diapers. At one point it was Twain, and recently, it's been Katy Perry. If you've ever read a blurb about her wearing diapers in high school, you've probably read about Samuel L. Jackson, Helena Bohnam Carter, and Steven King as well. 

Essentially, modern journalism has become copying things from other sites, and re-wording it slightly. In each case, an original source is never sited; but it seems believable, because since we've been young, we've been indoctrinated, through school, that the published word is truth.

There were similar rumors about Japan having adult diapers about to outsell baby diapers, and young women wearing diapers to compete with the higher-capacity bladders of men in the workplace, or to be seen as less meek and feminine. I researched both of those suspicious stories, which played off of racial, and gender-based stereotypes, which is a big tip-off for what is now called "fake news," and found the origins.

The latter was from a Japanese equivalent to The Onion, or National Lampoon. The notion that baby diapers were to be outsold by adult diapers in Japan came from fact that one of their adult diaper company's left the market (it might have been Attento, Proctor & Gamble's Japanese Attends brand, which was the sole adult brand they retained after selling Attends to Paper-Pak,) while a less successful baby diaper brand filled the gap. Thus, that one company was to sell more adult diapers, than baby diapers, and it was repeatedly misreported.

Edit: I forgot to add that Carter actually did admit to wearing diapers (probably Depend Underwear) after her pregnancy when she played in a Harry Potter film. Every time she screamed, which was in the script, the exertion caused her to wet herself. So if you go back, and watch that film, whichever one she was in, know that every time you see her scream, she's peeing in a diaper under her costume.

• Like 1