LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

When You Have To Change Away From Home

6 hours ago, rusty pins said:

I think what I'm going to do this season is be more vigilant to people going in and out of stores and see what they are carrying in with them, both men and women each time I go into a store or leave one.  That way I may get to know if any guy going in with a bag, case or pack is questioned or if they just walk in with no problems with their bag or pack.  My luck I would be the one they would search and pull the diaper out in front of everyone.

Honestly there is never really ever a need to change in a place like a store or mall unless you had an emergency leak situation.  There are always gas stations and restaurants around that only have single restrooms and no one thinks twice if you are carrying a bag in these places.

• Like 1

Not very convenient around here.   You either have the mega-convenience-store that have multi-stall toilets or little old-style gas stations with freakishly disgusting toilets.

Most restaurants you still have to pass through the dining room to get to the toilet.

Frankly, people don't much think about it no matter what you do as long as you don't go dancing through there waving it and saying "I need to go change my poopy didiee."

I change in CVS drug store and also the Walmart stores have a privet family style restroom in the very back of the store where Customer Pick Up is.  The thing is, how do I get a diaper in the CVS or Walmart in summer without it being seen when I can't hide it up the sleeve and under the armpit of my heavy winter coat?

I've actually gone to scoping out family bathrooms in the malls, rest areas, etc... when I'm out and about.   A couple of the local malls have ones with nice "built-in" changing tables (as opposed to flip down diaper decks) or low benches/cots that work well for that as well.

For years I was just adept at wedging myself into a stall, leaning up against he wall to hold the back of the diaper in place while doing it up.

The oddest ones are places with electric hand dryers that have no trash cans in the bathroom.   This is where having my diaper bag-knapsack comes in handy for packing out the dirty to find a place to dispose of it.   On the other extreme, one of the fast food places near my office had a diaper genie in the men's room stall.

In Canada there is trend towards gender neutral bathrooms that are also single stalls so there is usually both way more privacy and space to change a diaper. I hope this trend continues as I still find myself a bit embarrassed in big public washrooms changing my plastic diaper that everyone can hear. Really more then the embarrassment is the lack of space to do everything properly.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I found it depends aldo of thein8yial situation. I means if I am out with my wife is not the same as if I am on business trip with colleagues or my manager. For that late I often prefer to wear a thick diaper for the whole day and limit my fluid inlet, it's less convenient and I know it's not healthy but it doesn't happen often so it's ok for one or two days. Of course it depends also of the agenda, if it permits to change discretely at noon I may do it.

In Canada there is trend towards gender neutral bathrooms that are also single stalls so there is usually both way more privacy and space to change a diaper. I hope this trend continues as I still find myself a bit embarrassed in big public washrooms changing my plastic diaper that everyone can hear. Really more then the embarrassment is the lack of space to do everything properly.
I don't think anyone would recognise or care if they heard you change in a bathroom. I know that I never pay much attention to the busy stalls. I just do my business and leave.

But even if someone DID recognise the sound for what it is, I don't think they would say or do anything. Not anyone decent at least.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

I keep a backpack in my car that is a complete change kit. I needed it last week at Home Depot as I messed my diaper as I got out of my car. I just got a clean diaper out and put it inside my coat along with some wipes and gloves and went into the store and headed straight to their disability bathroom. It took me about 10 minutes to get cleaned up and changed. I put the used diaper in a small plastic trash bag and left It in the trash can as I didn't want to go walking through the store with a messy diaper in my cart. The disability bathroom makes changing so much easier as you have the utmost privacy.

• Like 1

I change standing up against a wall anyway so finding places is pretty easy. I'm 24/7 with a small very overactive bladder resulting in stress and urge incontinence, I drive for a living so changing while out is pretty much a daily occurrence. Most times I can find a Marathon or similar gas station with convenience store, they all have single lockable bathrooms, a travel center, fast food place or Tim's coffee shop also have single or family bathrooms. Last choice is a large public with stalls, some have music which is great cover, the sound of 4 large noisy diaper tapes ripping loose echos without background sound and is pretty much unmistakable to most.
This is really my last and only public diaper hangup now which will still see me sometimes waiting in a stall for someone next door to leave or make some noise with hand paper or blow dryer to cover diaper noise.  >_>
As far as transport goes, I keep a few diapers and wipes in my work and personal vehicles, when a change is needed i just pocket a few wipes in a zip bag and jam a diaper under my arm inside whatever i'm wearing, T shirt, or hoodie in cooler weather. My attire is always loose and diaper covering anyway but winter and heavier clothes and coats make it a lot easier. T shirt will show a bit of diaper outline around the front and back of my arm but it never has been noticed.  I don't have the nerve yet to just carry one in my hand.

I keep my "away-from-home" spare diapers in two plastic grocery bags, one inside the other, which helps keep disposal easy and discreet. I've changed at many places, but not at department stores, malls, or such where my 'package' would merit much attention.

I do this as well. Plastic grocery bags with a diaper wrapped in a second bag inside. Then I have an extra for disposal after I’m done. Less obvious than a backpack and then I don’t have anything to carry around after a change.
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/7/2019 at 4:21 PM, Kingdark said:

I don't think anyone would recognise or care if they heard you change in a bathroom. I know that I never pay much attention to the busy stalls. I just do my business and leave.

But even if someone DID recognise the sound for what it is, I don't think they would say or do anything. Not anyone decent at least.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

Depending on the plans for the day, my supplies are either in a cloth shopping bag or backpack. I always bring some plastic shopping bags that I repurpose for disposal, as I've encountered bathrooms without a waste bin.. WTF?!  Extra necessities such as wipes, extra diapers,underwear and plastic pants are always in the console of my truck. I wear plastic backed 99% of the time so they make noise during changing which sucks. Over the years I've learned to be less self concious about the noise, but that being said;

There are A LOT of not decent people out here.I've had a couple of nasty encounters,  In one instance I had to change in a local walmart, went to the stalls at the back of the store by the baby section as they are usually less often used and not as bustling with people as the front washrooms. I headed in looked around, all clear!  Changed in the stall standing up, I finished up and tossed the used diaper in the waste bin and walked out. Only to be met by a grinning older than myself male standing just outside the washroom (clearly waiting for me as the washroom had been empty when I went in) Who stared at me, laughed and said some rather rude things. I replied clearly and loudly "Congratulations Sir! If you've got a problem with my attire why not grab your cellphone and take a picture? These are for medical needs and I will gladly contact store security to let them know what you are doing. He turned several shades of red, apologized profusely and turned tail and left.

Would an ignorant person really recognize the sound of someone changing into a fresh diaper? Even if it does make noise, I'm certain that at least 90% of random people wouldn't be able to identify the sound. I'm not saying it's impossible, because someone that takes care of people would certainly recognize it, but someone like that should be sensitive enough not to say anything about it. Or am I being naive?

18 hours ago, Kingdark said:

Would an ignorant person really recognize the sound of someone changing into a fresh diaper? Even if it does make noise, I'm certain that at least 90% of random people wouldn't be able to identify the sound. I'm not saying it's impossible, because someone that takes care of people would certainly recognize it, but someone like that should be sensitive enough not to say anything about it. Or am I being naive?

I think most people in the restroom around you can recognize you are changing a diaper.  The sound of diaper tapes ripping are very distinctive and do stand out in a quiet bathroom.  I also stand up to change my diaper and place the diaper against the stall to hold it in place.  It definately crinkles when pulling it up between your legs and when you snug the tapes up.  I used to pot around and try and be super quiet waiting for the right minute and honestly that just stressed the shit out of me.  Now I just let my tapes rip, change my diaper, and walk out of the stall with my used diaper held discreetly under my arm and throw it immediately away.  If someone wants to look, stare, judge that is their business because I just took care of the business I needed to take care of.

I can see where you're coming from, and you have a point, but I still disagree with you. I acknowledge you have a point, but I don't think that your average joe would recognize it or would care even if it was recognized. I feel like I'm repeating myself, but when I use a public toilet (restroom?) I do my business and I leave. I don't particularly pay attention to any sounds coming from the cubicles. (weird word cubicles by the way)

I really don't want to know what someone may or may not be doing and even IF ( because I've never, ever heard someone changing into a fresh diaper in a toilet before) I were to recognize it, or I THINK I recognize it, I still wouldn't say anything. Because you never know who it is you're dealing with. A police officer? a politician? the owner? some randome dude with skills in marital arts? a lawyer?

It's simply not worth saying something about it and it is especially not worth making fun of that person. For what? A laugh? The only thing that will gain you is a reputation for being an immature, insensitive, small minded prick.

13 minutes ago, Kingdark said:

I can see where you're coming from, and you have a point, but I still disagree with you. I acknowledge you have a point, but I don't think that your average joe would recognize it or would care even if it was recognized. I feel like I'm repeating myself, but when I use a public toilet (restroom?) I do my business and I leave. I don't particularly pay attention to any sounds coming from the cubicles. (weird word cubicles by the way)

I really don't want to know what someone may or may not be doing and even IF ( because I've never, ever heard someone changing into a fresh diaper in a toilet before) I were to recognize it, or I THINK I recognize it, I still wouldn't say anything. Because you never know who it is you're dealing with. A police officer? a politician? the owner? some randome dude with skills in marital arts? a lawyer?

It's simply not worth saying something about it and it is especially not worth making fun of that person. For what? A laugh? The only thing that will gain you is a reputation for being an immature, insensitive, small minded prick.

The massive cracks in the bathroom stalls between the doors are a lot more concerning than the sound.  Quite frequently I inadvertently can see people sitting on the toilets when I am searching for a stall in some crappy restrooms.

Then the bathrooms in America? must be a lot worse then here in Belgium, because unless it's a really crappy (pardon the pun) place you're going, you don't see that. In fact, the only thing you could see are the feet. I'm thinking about it now, and I don't think I can think of any place, anywhere, where you could see the person on the toilet. The locks are sometimes very... Weak. But your privacy is mostly guaranteed.

2 hours ago, Kingdark said:

Then the bathrooms in America? must be a lot worse then here in Belgium, because unless it's a really crappy (pardon the pun) place you're going, you don't see that. In fact, the only thing you could see are the feet. I'm thinking about it now, and I don't think I can think of any place, anywhere, where you could see the person on the toilet. The locks are sometimes very... Weak. But your privacy is mostly guaranteed.

Yes, I routinely visit Sweden and the bathrooms are soooooo much better.

If I have to change my diaper in public I simply take care of business. For sure I’ll try to be as quiet as I can. The diapers I use during the day are cotton feel, they are less noisy to begin with. If I have to change I’ll go for it. Same thing applies while being at work. In our factory we have half stall doors a 12”opening at the top and 12” opening at the bottom. I pull the tapes back I a manner so it almost sounds like toilet paper, I never got any remarks.

Well, it seems the thread has gotten off point again.  I know when someone has to change their diapers in a rest room they just do it and weather others can hear the sounds of ripping tapes and all is debatable (I believe they can - how can someone in a relativly quiet restroom not hear diaper tapes being torn off and the sound of someone changing a diaper?).  My original post was not about what you do once you are in the restroom changing your diaper or weather any other occupants can tell what you are doing.

My original question is how do you bring clean diapers and changing supplies with you into a restroom away from home in order to change yourself?  Do you openly walk in the store with a diaper in your hand?  Do you first walk in, ask a clerk if it's OK to use their restroom to change your diaper and then go out to your car to bring it in?  If a large store, do you bring your fresh diaper and changing supplies in with you in a shopping bag, back pack or something else?  What do you bring them into the store in?  How do you get them in a store in order to change without someone asking you what you are bringing in with you?  Most store restrooms have signs on the doors saying no merchandise allowed in the restroom.  Won't someone question you if you bring a bag with you into the restroom figuring you are bringing merchandise in against store policy?  They might stop you and asked to look inside the bag to make sure you are not trying to steal something.  Many stores have signs stating to leave back packs at the front of the store.  There is a big concern about shoplifting and also people leaving bombs in packages.  There are security cameras all over the place as well.  I know in winter when I'm Christmas shopping at the mall I can bring my shopping bags with me from store to store, but if I stop at another store somewhere you usually don't bring a package in with you.  Even Walmart has a greeter who stops people at the door who are bringing a package in with them, figuring it's a return that they need to tag.  In winter I can shove a dry diaper half way up the sleeve of my winter coat and under my arm pit and hide it when I go to the CVS to change in their privet one at a time restroom with an outer door lock, but in summer with shorts and a t-shirt I wouldn't be able to do that.

Again my original question is how do you bring clean diapers and changing supplies with you into a store in order to use their restroom change yourself?  Do you tell someone that you are bringing in diapers with you so you can change yourself?  Do they see you bringing in a diaper?  Do you try and hide bringing a diaper in with you, and if so, how?  Do you get questioned by anyone when you try and bring something in the store with you, such as diapers you are going to use to change yourself?  I don't care who might hear you changing your diaper or notice once you are actually in the restroom.  I want to know how you get your diapers through the store and into the restroom in order to change and if anyone notices or asks you what you are bringing in. 

I previously posted my zippered laundry bag designed for diapers in this thread already.  I will use this exclusively at work.  Far less noticeable than a backpack and very easy to tuck under your arm.  

Outside of work it depends on my mood.  I have walked in to a public restroom simply carrying a diaper in my hand before.  Usually it is always a plain white one but there has been a time or two when I did carry an ABDL diaper as well.  When I do not feel that I always have my backpack on my back.  No one with the exception of coworkers has ever said anything about my backpack in a store or public establishment.

On 2/3/2019 at 4:12 PM, Kingdark said:

I used to install the bathroom partitions here, which are made by just a few companies, as part of my construction work. What we get is the result of the dimensions given in the installation instructions being too 'loose' which I think is done intentionaly since that makes them wear out faster so they can sell more product :angry2: Sometimes you're stuck with doing it their way due to the layout, but where I could I reduced the gaps to give the customer a better job.I've even been complimented on those installs :rolleyes: which is kind of awkward but it's in my blood to never do substandard work so... The stalls we use here are poor designs which could be improved without a lot of expense, but the way building construction is done keeps us with using lesser and cheaper instead of better with just a modest increase in cost :( I haven't been elsewhere so I can't comment on that but I know for sure we could do better because I've done it B)

Bettypooh

Honestly there is never really ever a need to change in a place like a store or mall unless you had an emergency leak situation.  There are always gas stations and restaurants around that only have single restrooms and no one thinks twice if you are carrying a bag in these places.
Just recently I was in a Sam's club doing my shopping and the dreaded "oooh no" and I couldn't hold it back and pooped my diaper. So, I finished my shopping and headed towards the cashier to pay for my things and hopefully no one smelled what was in my pants. Got out to my truck and put everything in and grabbed a brown paper bag that had a Depends pull up some wipes in it for just this situation and headed back in. The store greeter asked me if I had a return, I just said no and continued walking towards the family bathroom and got changed. I don't usually carry diapers around in my truck if I'm only going to town but for longer road trips I do.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I carry a gym bag with a couple spare diapers and some wipes in my car. If I have to change while away from home, I take the bag with me to a public washroom and change while standing up in toilet stall. I then roll up the wet diaper, tape it shut, and dispose of it in the waste bin. It’s not that big a deal. Over the years, nobody has ever commented in any way about what I was doing.