LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

When You Have To Change Away From Home

When you are away from home and you have to change your diaper, how do you get your supplies into a rest room?  For example, you are out shopping and you need a diaper change.  You have to go into a rest room somewhere to change, like in the local Walmart or any other retail store or place that has available restrooms?  You can't just walk in the store with a diaper in your hand and head for the restroom.  Even gas station restrooms these days are inside.  Lots of stores have signs stating to leave back packs at the front of the store when you enter.  Stores are so afraid of theft these days and rightly so.  I just can't see a guy walking into a store with any kind of brief case, back pack, satchel or tote bag large enough to hold a couple diapers without someone in the store stopping or questioning them, especially if they carry it through the store to the restroom. Sure, a woman with a very large purse could get away with it, or someone with a baby carrying a diaper bag, but how about a 40 year old guy by himself?  He's not going to be going around with a baby diaper bag without attracting some attention or questions.

The question is, what do you do when you have to take a diaper in somewhere to change in a restroom?  How do you do it discreetly or without someone knowing?  In winter I can shove a disposable up the sleeve of my heavy winter coat and have it hang down under my arm pit, but with no heavy coat, I have no idea how I would get a diaper in to a store restroom to change without being noticed?  Also, please don't suggest I get premium diapers instead so I can go all day without having to change.  That is not the purpose of my post.  The purpose is how people get their fresh diapers into restrooms when they have to change without anyone knowing or questioning them.

It's rare over here to be stopped from taking a bag into the toilet anywhere.  Changing rooms in clothes shops, yes, but apart from that there isn't an issue.  I just carry around a small backpack whenever I'm away from home for long.  It's effectively my handbag, & my wallet's in there, along with a drybag & a nappy or two.  Nobody's going to think twice if I take it into the toilet with me.

I keep a few white plastic  shopping bags in back pack for disposal of used diapers or if I need to carry a single new diaper into a store to change in thier bathroom,  a few times I have just grapped a diaper and headed in to the store then right to the bathroom no one said anything. If a store has a no backpack rule it generally will let you take one in with you if you explain it for medical supplies and they can check the bag on your way out no ones ever said no for bringing it in,  The first few times it embarrassing to have to explain the need but its something you get use to. I have only had a bit of an issue in a walmart as the lady at the door was insisting on checking all backpacks once I let her know it was for my incontinece products whe stopped searching once she looked inside as saw my diapers. 

I try to keep my need for diapers private but some times its just not possible 

We have the same rules over here  but i still carry and bring my diaper bag  with me  regardless and if anyone whonts to check when i leave they are more then welkome to do so i have Nothing to feel ashamed  of. And if they ask i just inform them im IC and offer them to  check the bag.  And yes im a woman and we carry our purces and so on but this goes for you men as well. If you are IC then why shouldent you have the right  to bring youre diaper bag with you   ? Just inform them when you enter  & if they ask and offer them to check it when you leave and you should be Okey               

• Like 1

Thankfully where I am, I don't see no backpacks in restrooms in signs everywhere (yet). I am not incontinent, however do due a medical issue I urinate more frequently than most people & if I restrict my water intake while out & about, I wind up paying for it later by getting dehydrated & I have to catch up on my water intake. I am considering wearing more when I go out so I can stay properly hydrated & not have to worry about finding a restroom all of the time. Usually the big box type of stores don't have no backpack issues & since I have to use public transit to get around I not ever without my backpack. If they want to look in it to make sure I am not stealing anything, be my guest, I have nothing to hide.

As a female, I just stuff 1-2 diapers and some supplies into my purse.   Purses and coats aside....there's always letting the store search the back pack, like other posters said.  But if you want a no-backpack option there's um...maybe tucking the spare diaper into the pants/ shorts waistband, hiding it under a loose shirt/ t-shirt, going into the bathroom and changing?  Or...hm. I'm racking my brain, but that's all I can come up with.  Unless a dude wants to carry a purse? Try stuffing a diaper into a fanny pack?

8 hours ago, rusty pins said:

When you are away from home and you have to change your diaper, how do you get your supplies into a rest room?  For example, you are out shopping and you need a diaper change.  You have to go into a rest room somewhere to change, like in the local Walmart or any other retail store or place that has available restrooms?  You can't just walk in the store with a diaper in your hand and head for the restroom.  Even gas station restrooms these days are inside.  Lots of stores have signs stating to leave back packs at the front of the store when you enter.  Stores are so afraid of theft these days and rightly so.  I just can't see a guy walking into a store with any kind of brief case, back pack, satchel or tote bag large enough to hold a couple diapers without someone in the store stopping or questioning them, especially if they carry it through the store to the restroom. Sure, a woman with a very large purse could get away with it, or someone with a baby carrying a diaper bag, but how about a 40 year old guy by himself?  He's not going to be going around with a baby diaper bag without attracting some attention or questions.

The question is, what do you do when you have to take a diaper in somewhere to change in a restroom?  How do you do it discreetly or without someone knowing?  In winter I can shove a disposable up the sleeve of my heavy winter coat and have it hang down under my arm pit, but with no heavy coat, I have no idea how I would get a diaper in to a store restroom to change without being noticed?  Also, please don't suggest I get premium diapers instead so I can go all day without having to change.  That is not the purpose of my post.  The purpose is how people get their fresh diapers into restrooms when they have to change without anyone knowing or questioning them.

This is very simple.  I use my zippered laundry bag made by Gary.  I simply place it under my arm and walk into the potty.

20180807_125139.jpg

• Like 1

While it may be embarrassing, why not just be honest about it? Well, semi honest. Just tell whoever is holding you, that you need a change. There is no way in tell that anyone COMPETENT will say anything about it. If they do threaten to talk to the manager for incompetence and unprofessional behaviour. That will put them in their place.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

In most countries, theft is the act of leaving a store without paying AND you are under the presumption of innocence unless proven otherwise. As a result, unless they can prove you have stolen an item, preventing one from entering a toilet with a bag whether it contains store property or not IS illegal. You could, if you wish, take an item of clothing from the shelf, have it over you arm in plain view and walk into the store bathroom and legally nobody could stop you.

Back on topic, I regularly use a public store bathroom carrying a laptop bag (that I use as a carry around diaper bag) that todate, 1 or 2 wanabe cops - they are called security, have attemped to stop me. Both cases, I have got store management called and stated that I have a confidential medical issue, does the store wish me to prosocute them for harrasment? Both managers have backed down. I once, on one arrogant security, purchased a product that was sold in the store he was protecting from a competitor, hid it on entry to this store and went to the shelves where that company had them on display, pulled ot from hiding and walked out of the shop. As I suspected, he accosted me acusing me of theft and contacted cops etc. I said nothing aware of my right of silence. I had great fun in public court displaying the receipt from the other shop.

In simple terms, don't let the arrogance of people intimidate you.

23 hours ago, Elenwen said:

We don't have this rule here, so I don't have any problems with carrying a backpack to a toilet.

Yup. Backpack. I've gotten to the point where I take it utt just the way it is and get someone to help me throw it in the trash. I think being visually impaired gives you a pass. In any case, you have to overcome the embarrassment factor.

Honestly speaking I’m wondering abit about this problem. I‘d never had such a problem here in Germany. Yes - there are some stores, where you have lockers and where you have store your belongings before entering. How ever, normaly also these stores are in shopping malls with public toilets. So i’d never had to search for a toilet inside of a store - because normaly the public ones are located  outside of the store. And even if you have to go to the next coffee bar or restaurant for a change - this should be a big deal anyhow.... 

I have walked into stores just holding a diaper in my hand.   I think in all the years some one said something about it twice.   Once they asked what it was and another time another customer commented: "that's a diaper."   In the winter I stuff it in my coat pocket.

However, most of the time now I have my "diaper bag" which is just a small black knapsack.    Oddly, even places that claim they're gong to look into "all bags" like the ballpark have never bothered to look.

Mummy and I went to the cinema on Sunday to see the new Harry Potter film.  I took my little backpack with a nappy change in it, & threw in some chocolates as well.  I was more worried about them finding the chocolates than the nappy, if they decided to check my bag for contraband.  It's not happened to me yet, but sooner or later someone will want to check my bag for security reasons.  As long as I'm with Mummy or on my own, I'll just show them what's in there.  I don't generally take AB nappies out in my backpack (eg my Safaris or my cloth nappies), so it'll just be a normal adult disposable.  I don't see the problem, for me, unless I'm with someone who doesn't know I wear.  Could be a problem if I'm with one or both of my kids, for instance, but with luck that will never happen.

I keep my "away-from-home" spare diapers in two plastic grocery bags, one inside the other, which helps keep disposal easy and discreet. I've changed at many places, but not at department stores, malls, or such where my 'package' would merit much attention. Except with anal incontinence, you can almost always know when a change will be needed well ahead of time and plan around that to avoid bathroom issues ;)

More and more places are banning backpacks or requiring clear ones only. I can understand their concerns, but at some point it infringes on one's personal privacy, which even in public settings you can have certain expectations of (except with the TSA :angry2:). So at some point I expect it will be something pushed high into the Court system where any outcome is possible.

Being the bold subversive type at times, if someone were to ask me about my package I might likely tell them "It's a diaper, do you want me to bring you the used one so you can inspect it too?" :P And if it went further I'd probably ask them what kind of pervert they were and to get management to the scene so I could have a word with them about the harassment. Few people (other than the TSA) would want things to go there, so they would likely back down. Then if I was feeling really aggravated, I'd come back out with my bagged used diaper and have them call in management anyway just to make my point and to inform them that the ADA also covers privacy of one's disability at the Federal level as a means to bring such practices to an end for whoever comes along next. In the meantime I just deal with my changes as I need to and find the best place to do them to keep my life easier to deal with.

Bettypooh

All good information.  In the shopping malls at Christmas time it's no problem walking in the mall entrance with a few empty shopping bags, or shopping bags that look empty but actually have a fresh diaper in it.  After all, you are in a mall going from store to store and they don't expect you to take every purchase out to your car when you leave each store.  The problem is, I have not seen any "Family" restrooms or one at a time restrooms with an outer locking door at the mall where I shop.  The old mall, yes.  Not the current mall.  Other single stores are different.  Even at Christmas time you don't get out of your car with a full shopping bag to walk into a store.  They have those greeters who always look in the bag and tag it if it's a return.

If I were 24/7 then I think I would probably be like most others who either openly carry in a diaper or a tote bag with diaper suppies.   If asked about what I was bringing in by an employee I would say that I'm incontinent and it's a change of protective underwear, supplies for a medicaal issue or some such wording.  One reason I use privet restrooms with outer door locks to change in is I'm not ready yet to be open with people that I'm going in the restroom to change my diaper.  If I was, I'd use the regular men's room right inside the entrance doors in a few stores before you actually enter the store itself.  Then I could carry in a small bag with a diaper in it and wouldn't care if the other people in there heard me ripping off the diaper tapes and taping on a fresh diaper.  I'm just not there at this time.  It's usually 3 or 4 times a year I'm out of town shopping in diapers.  I have thought of the situation where a store employee might harass me over taking my diapers into the restroom.  Yes, I would call the store manager, explain the employee's actions and get the manager's name, store ID and the name of the employee who got on my case.  I'd carefully write it all down in front of them explaining the people with disabilities laws and ask what is the best number my lawyer can reach them at.  I'm sure if that didn't get some action my contacting the corporate headquarters would.  The thing is, do I want all that exposure?  If I wore 24/7 for a medical need and everyone knew it then it would be worth it.  Since I'm way in the closet about my diapers and no one I know is aware I wear them, I just want to be as totally discreet and off the chart as I possibly can be when having to take a diaper into a restroom in a store to change the few times a year I'm out shopping in diapers for the day.

14 hours ago, willnotwill said:

I have walked into stores just holding a diaper in my hand.   I think in all the years some one said something about it twice.   Once they asked what it was and another time another customer commented: "that's a diaper."   In the winter I stuff it in my coat pocket.

However, most of the time now I have my "diaper bag" which is just a small black knapsack.    Oddly, even places that claim they're gong to look into "all bags" like the ballpark have never bothered to look.

When on the road I have walked into rest areas and gas stations with a diaper in my hand.  I have even been bold enough to walk with an ABDL printed diaper in my hand before.  Now that I am more mature I usually would bring my diapers in a bag but I do really feel comfortable carrying a plain white diaper into a public place to change.

When I am dressed as an adult besides a small clutch purse matched to my outfit, I also carry an attorney-style attache case. Mine is covered in fine leather and has two sides. Side 1 holds actual legal papers. Side 2 holds several GoodNites Tru-Fit absorbent liners, 2 Tru-Fit washable panties, baby wipes, baby lotion, several opaque disposal baggies with zippers.

Hardly ever do I shop in a store where I am not very well known. When shopping at a store for the first time I am dressed as a successful attorney and I introduce myself to a manager immediately. In the 30 years I have been an attorney nobody has ever asked to search my attache case. It gets X-rayed in court houses, and gets passed without comment. My attorney ID badge is always then visible to security officers.

On weekends when I am dressed informally I carry one of many diaper bags I own. Some are discreet, some outlandish. Inside my diaper bags I carry my clutch purse with ID, wallet, makeup, phone, keys etc. Of course then I might well be carrying either cloth diapers or adult disposables. Nobody has ever prevented me carrying a diaper bag into a public ladies' room even before I was licensed as an attorney. I carried diaper bags long before I learned about AB because I am urinary incontinent. My early diaper bags tended to be very discreet.

5 hours ago, Angela Bauer said:

When I am dressed as an adult besides a small clutch purse matched to my outfit, I also carry an attorney-style attache case. Mine is covered in fine leather and has two sides. Side 1 holds actual legal papers. Side 2 holds several GoodNites Tru-Fit absorbent liners, 2 Tru-Fit washable panties, baby wipes, baby lotion, several opaque disposal baggies with zippers.

Hardly ever do I shop in a store where I am not very well known. When shopping at a store for the first time I am dressed as a successful attorney and I introduce myself to a manager immediately. In the 30 years I have been an attorney nobody has ever asked to search my attache case. It gets X-rayed in court houses, and gets passed without comment. My attorney ID badge is always then visible to security officers.

On weekends when I am dressed informally I carry one of many diaper bags I own. Some are discreet, some outlandish. Inside my diaper bags I carry my clutch purse with ID, wallet, makeup, phone, keys etc. Of course then I might well be carrying either cloth diapers or adult disposables. Nobody has ever prevented me carrying a diaper bag into a public ladies' room even before I was licensed as an attorney. I carried diaper bags long before I learned about AB because I am urinary incontinent. My early diaper bags tended to be very discreet.

Ditto. Never had a problem and no one has violated my privacy.

I think what I'm going to do this season is be more vigilant to people going in and out of stores and see what they are carrying in with them, both men and women each time I go into a store or leave one.  That way I may get to know if any guy going in with a bag, case or pack is questioned or if they just walk in with no problems with their bag or pack.  My luck I would be the one they would search and pull the diaper out in front of everyone.