LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Stocking up ahead of Brexit,,,

Pete671

Nope, there will be no shortage of nappies in this country no matter what type of Brexit happens.

There are going to be large stocks already held in the country and with their necessity to incontinent people even in the worst circumstances they will be flowing again very soon.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, starman said:

the only thing I am finding is higher costs if you try and import nappies from America but I think that is down to the people of America putting their taxes up .

You don't pay American tax when importing to the UK

Brexit is not a temporary thing - it will be forever. Stocking up might help you for a short time, but that is all. You should consider cloth diapers in stead. They will cost you a lot less in the long run. 

• Thanks 1

Yep, I have. I usually buy 6 packs of 30 a month and have 2 packs left over costing me£60 a month. Recently I've been buying 6 packs of 30 a month costing me£180 a month. I've got about enough to last me a year. I'm still buying this amount every month while I can. I'm hoping to get enough to last me for about three years. It isn't a product with a best before date and I will use them.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

On 12/11/2018 at 6:30 AM, WetDad said:

Brexit is not a temporary thing - it will be forever. Stocking up might help you for a short time, but that is all. You should consider cloth diapers in stead. They will cost you a lot less in the long run. 

Many of us only like plastic diapers and even if I became incontinent I would not use cloth-diapers, as then I would at least get cloth-like for free

• 7 months later...

I dont think we will see a surge in taxes etc. When the brits are leaving EU. No one benefits from that approach. Yea the mongoles in the EU are making a lot of threats currently, because they fear that brexit, is only a start, and other countries will follow suit. But in the medium to long term, we will see a normalization of the trade between England and continental Europe.

It’s interesting, isn’t it, how it’s just taken for granted that individuals and companies cannot do business with each other across borders without the two governments agreeing to allow it, when those same individuals and companies could do business without any permission if they were within the same border.

I’m not in favor of Brexit, and I’m not really a libertarian, but a truly revolutionary change would acknowledge the entire notion of trade agreements rests on governments using their coercive power to prevent what would be legal trade if it took place entirely within one set of borders so that the government can collect taxes and hand out rents to special interests. 

Imagine a castle on a river that threatens to fire on all trade floating by unless the boat captains pay a toll just to be allowed to pass. We think of that as extortion, but that is the precise historical root of trade agreements  and tariffs.