LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Might have to cut my anal sphincter too

Years ago my urethral sphincter was cut, and it left me incontinent. Now I am dealing with chronic anal fissures which are basically like cuts that start at the anus. They are very itchy and painful. The medicine they give only works 50% of the time for curing it. Well, it isn't working for me. The gold treatment is an anal sphincterotomy, and some 96% of people heal when they get it. Unfortunately, there is a risk of incontinence of 10-30%. I don't really want this but I am out of options, and can't deal with the pain anymore. I have a consult with a surgeon in a week, and will probably do it. It is just kind of ironic that both sphincters need to be cut. I already have a hard time with my bowels, so this will probably just cement my fate to require diapers. At least it won't hurt anymore.

[emoji32][emoji32][emoji32][emoji32]
This sounds horrible!
But still, a 70-90% of everything going fine seems like a pretty high chance to me. I hope all works out well for you! [emoji4]
Seconded!!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

I also very sincerely hope that things work out well for you. I wonder whether you have seen more than one doctor about the anal fissures. If a way other than surgery could be found to get rid of the fissures, that would be preferable.  I’ve had several anal fissures over the years, but my doctors were able to find ointments that healed them. 

Ive seen 3 docs. I tried every ointment I could find. I am currently putting dynamite in my butt (nitroglycerin) prescribed.  Nothing has helped in over 3 years. I also installed a bidet and only use it. I dont ever rub or scratch. Its like an uncurable cut from hell.

XyXy,

did you ever consult with a dietitian / someone who deals with food allergies / intollerance? Anal fissures, like all cell breakdowns are usually not caused by a single issue but usually a combinded list of issues. Usually it takes just one of the issues to be addressed to control such a symptom.

Secondly, inducing anal incontinence with the intention of reducing the pressure and load in ones bowels may not work. With a weeping anal sphincter, yes you will mess a diaper with little control, but you will not fully empty your bowels without either a change in diet or pushing. As a result, without the added changes, inducing anal incontinence is not a cure to anal fisures if they are caused by bowel stretching and/or pushing.

It isn't diet, of that I am sure. I have been vegan, all the way to now carnivore. I only eat meat and water so it can't be an allergy. My diet also cured my IBS. I suspect I am sensitive to many plants and dairy. Every time I try to reintroduce them it causes me negative effects and IBS flare ups. My movements are very small and easy to pass. My belief currently is that my internal sphincters have tightened over time. My urethral got so tight I could no longer pee. My anal internal feels very tight too. It cuts off blood flow to the anus and prevents it from healing. I haven't strained or pushed in years. I also only use a bidet, never toilet paper, and I irrigate after a movement just to keep things as sterile as possible. I've been fasting the last 5 days, and even with zero movements it keeps flaring up like crazy. 

The lateral anal sphincterotomy has a high rate of success. Some studies are higher than 90%. At this point, I don't care if it causes anal incontinence. I cant sleep, and my whole life is centered around it. I see my doctor on Dec 3, and will report back then what we decide.

I developed an infection in my anus, when I asked where it came from they said a common cause is things like toothbrush bristles or fragments of bones that are swallowed.  The infection was made worse by the fact that it tested MRSA positive... Trust me, you never want to have an infection there but add MRSA to the picture and you get real special treatment at the hospital.  Anyway, it was actually tearing my anal sphincter as the infection grew, and it was absolute agony.  By the time I was taken in for surgery, the infection had created a ball of puss the size of a golf ball.  The surgeon warned.me that he may have to cut the sphincter as part of the procedure, and he did cut a part of it.  Initially it didn't cause any issues, I had the same control as ever.  Now, almost ten years later, I'm noticing some loss of control.  Flatulence is extremely difficult to control, many times it escapes and can be embarrassing.  I recently had the flu, which came with some diarrhea and there was no way to hold that at all.

I'm not at all interested in bowel incontinence but it looks like it's something I will have to deal with in the future.  The surgeon told me at the time that there was a "very good chance" that as  I got older I would lose some control.  I'm in my mid 40s, and due to some other health issues I will be very lucky to see 60.  But I would rather wear because I want to, not because I have to.i guess time will tell.

• 7 months later...