LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Inspiring TED X Talk

Hey,

I was scrolling through the Canadian Continence Foundation and found this TED X Talk up here in Laval, Quebec, Canada. The Speaker is the host of a popular morning talk show and is completely out about his fecal incontinence. I cried about 10 times watching this.

• Like 2

Wow.....I couldn't imagine what this guy had to go through when he was a kid.  I could remember days when I didn't want to go to school because I hated it and I was never having much fun.  THIS guy had some real challenges that made mine seem trivial.....

I didn't watch the talk, but I'm sure I can relate as I was a pantswetter through my childhood and pushed out of social situations because of that. You have no clue how rotten people really are until you have to deal with life from this perspective, and it's very very hard to overcome the bad things they've done to you over something which you could not help doing. It's still a daily struggle for me to not let my childish desires for revenge overcome my desires that nobody ever suffer needlessly even if they may have earned that without knowing it.

Bettypooh

The most powerful part was when he was thinking about ending his life and stopped himself because he knew it would be devasting to his family and friends.   How can I do that to my roommate and have him find me?   That is a big reason I didn't make a drastic decision in my darkest times.

I found how he finally 'owned' his incontinence very inspiring.    The talk probably just gave us the Readers Digest version, because he really didn't get into the bullying he sufferred, but obviously there were serious issues, because he had great support from family and a few friends, but still had thoughts of suicide.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow. I'm not incontinent, but that was a powerful talk I do, at least, know what it's like to wrestle with depression and anxiety, and even a few suicidal thoughts.

Glad to see caring people like that in the world!

Edited by JDL23