LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

OK, all you clothies, sound off!

What do you use to keep your diaper from falling down? And don't go there: "Rubber pants... duh!" You can do better than that can't you?  What is your favorite way of fastening it and have you developed any special techniques? Ouch... Pins and needles make me nervous. How bout you?

Pins have worked for how many generations?

Why try to reinvent the wheel?

large.2026942208_6readyforrubberpanties.

• Like 1

Night time:  kite-fold 4ft terry square, with a Snappi for the main fastening up front, plus two pins to gather the legs to a close fit (to stop leaks).  And it won't fall down when I'm lying down anyway.

Daytime: it depends on the nappy.  Some have velcro fastenings.  They come just over my hip bones so the nappy isn't going to fall down.  And I wear a onesie all the time anyway, which helps.  Some are pocket nappies with side poppers, but the poppers are backed up with good elastic as well.  They're a snug fit, and again the top poppers come just over my hip bones so they don't fall down - they haven't yet anyway.  And then I've got some Leakmaster contour nappies which took a bit of time for me to find the best way to fasten up.  I ended up using two Snappis: one each side with the top bar of the Snappi T fastening side piece to the middle bit (the bit that comes up between my legs), then the bottom hook of the Snappi pulling up the side of the middle bit to keep it snug round my thigh.  That works pretty well, and they don't fall down or go too saggy like that.  Pins didn't really work well on these- the nappy went baggy too easily.

All these daytime nappies work fine on 5-mile dog walks and shopping trips.  When the velcro gives out I'll either use a Snappi or replace the velcro (unless I can get Mummy to do that for me).

Bear in mind I'm not overweight, so I've got the advantage over some of having hipbones to hang my nappies off!

I do not wear out. Heaving been around for the original fight, I abide by the rule or privacy as expressed by my "Since I do not want the public in my bedroom [i.e. dictating what I may and may not do], I do not put my bedroom in the public square". The "public ssquare" is by nature "vanilla", open to all for the use and enjoyment of all with none imposing his "thing" on it a and opening himself up to "are you such an addict or so immature or self-absorbed that you can't lay off the thing [whatever that may be; your particular 'kink'] for even a little while?"; what DPF used to mane when the spoke about "balance" and the threat of the gains in freedom being reversed. This leads to my endorsement of the anti-drunk driving ad content, but in a different context "Your lifestyle is your business, but if you take it on the road, it's everybody's business", meaning that your have no legitimate defense against what others think or even say or do as "the public". when they take offense at you, you put it in their face. And there were those who, that half-century ago, predicited that this sort of thing would happen as the hard-core "kingsters" became more aggressive and emboldened and more and more of the nuts who constitute "that guy [in the newspaper acounts of "man areested wearing only a diaper and with a pacifier]" feeling empowered. I hate the notion that they may have been, or their descendants be, correct since they were primarily driven by religion and not Reason

I love traditional diaper pins, but snappy’s are a great way to hold up a thick heavy cloth diaper. They make things nice and snug, and hold real well. It you are using terry nappies, some extra care is needed, when you remove the snappy, but still a good fastener. 

Pins.  I have tried other methods but end up going back to pins, and the best pins I have found are a 3" from changing times diaper co.,  they are stainless steel, strong and sharp.

I do not advise using the 3" blanket or other pins that are plated steel.

I use safety pins just like the ones my mom used when I was a baby. In order to keep it all in place I pull the diaper snug against my body and use three pins to keep it all in place, works like a charm

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, AbabeBill said:

And ways, to fasten the diapers to baby’s shirt. 

I have heard of that, and seen it explained but never saw IRL. I wonder how sanitary it would be and what about for girls in dresses

27 minutes ago, Little Christine said:

I have heard of that, and seen it explained but never saw IRL. I wonder how sanitary it would be and what about for girls in dresses

I’m pretty sure I have a set in my collection, and thought I had a photo. But I haven’t located it, and finding the actual set I have would be tuff. T-shirts use to have small loops at the bottoms, to hook to the diaper pins. This would pull the shirt down, and help hold up a diaper. 

There are many great suggestions -- some that so obvious that I totally overlooked them. Like pins in front, and pinning downward! Jeez I'm an idiot for not thinking of those things. I was stuck on only two pins and trying to get them perfectly straight. If I stick myself with the pin and bleed, I cannot tell how much. Nor can I tell if it stops bleeding since I can't look at it or use a tissue. For lack of eyesight, bleeding is always an issue and major inconvenience.

Stick the pins in the material at a shallow angle.MIne has gone through 4 layers of material, 3 of which are fairly thick twill

I grew up with gauze diapers and diaper pins. Fortunately I made friends with several factory reps from First Years. They told me when @1998 that they were about to discontinue their super 3200 diaper pin. They did sell me a case of a gross of the cards with 4 pins. I still have about half of those in their cards. My loving husband sharpens my diaper pins.

As for supporting my diapers inside Kins vinyl panties, I wear Onesies to bed and whenever I am wearing gauze diapers during the day. The top of my plain white Onesies look like ordinary T-shirts.

On 11/14/2018 at 8:23 AM, AbabeBill said:

I’m pretty sure I have a set in my collection, and thought I had a photo. But I haven’t located it, and finding the actual set I have would be tuff. T-shirts use to have small loops at the bottoms, to hook to the diaper pins. This would pull the shirt down, and help hold up a diaper. 

Ok, I found these vintage photos. Not the ones I have, but couldn’t find those. 

D1556303-06A6-42B3-B6DD-EB41722669D5.jpeg

05C44E46-0919-4785-9614-3D82BAD948D0.jpeg

On 11/14/2018 at 10:51 AM, Little Christine said:

Stick the pins in the material at a shallow angle.MIne has gone through 4 layers of material, 3 of which are fairly thick twill

Wow. Another good idea! My ignorance told me that it had to go through all the layers. When my children were babies, we'd buy metal diaper clips that clicked closed (using the metal spring action of the clip itself) from Babies-R-Us and held fast. So pins are not new to me, but since they're now for me, it's a different story. Thanks.

8 hours ago, AbabeBill said:

Ok, I found these vintage photos. Not the ones I have, but couldn’t find those. 

D1556303-06A6-42B3-B6DD-EB41722669D5.jpeg

05C44E46-0919-4785-9614-3D82BAD948D0.jpeg

ACME WAS A REAL COMPANY?! I thought they were just fictional mail order that sold ineffective road runner hunting tools... on credit

• Like 1
17 hours ago, LilLew said:

ACME WAS A REAL COMPANY?! I thought they were just fictional mail order that sold ineffective road runner hunting tools... on credit

The ad is awesome dude!!! Don't give the ACME company short shrift! Wiley E Coyote apparently didn't follow directions very well. The poor guy couldn't win. I'm surprised he didn't starve to death. Road Runner was lucky and fast.