LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What is the best makeshift diaper you ever made?

I remember being a kid and wanting to wear diapers again, but being to afraid to go to the store and buy a pack of them for myself in fear of my mom finding out. As if any of the clerks at the stores close enough to where we lived would instantly recognise her, and that I was her son, and then proceed to fill her in on what I'd been purchasing. 

Nonetheless this forced me to get creative and try my hand at making my own diapers from stuff I could find around the house. I've done the wear all your underwear at the same time thing, the fold a towel up and put it in your underwear thing, the towel and grocery bag thing and much more.

The best makeshift diaper I ever managed to construct as a kid, though, was pretty good considering what I was working with. It consisted of the bottom half of a one piece bikini, a hand towel, regular towel and a lot of sewing thread.

The bikini was the structure that held everything in place, then I sewed in two pieces of a towel to the inside front and back of the bikini, so that they covered the entire front and back and acted as a sort of liner. I then folded the hand towel into a long thin strip and sewed it into the middle of the bikini going from front to back, which made it act as an absobent insert. I topped it off by spraying the outside of the bikini with a hefty amount of that water resistant spray that's always being advertised in infomercials on TV.

To my surprise it worked perfectly. It was machine washable, durable and descreet enough to wear under most of my clothes. And it was fairly absorbent to. It actually worked a little better than a goodnite.

So, what was the best makeshift diaper you ever made as a kid?

I can’t ever say I’ve made a good makeshift diaper, mainly because makeshift diapers don’t work out well generally.

What I used to do was grab a drawstring garbage bag and cut a slit lengthwise down one side. I’d then stuff it with paper towels, toilet paper, maxi pads, or whatever was laying around the house. I’d then tape the bag on with duct tape, slitted side up. Every time, it ended up being a complete disaster and was more work than what it ended up being worth.

I di

On 11/9/2018 at 4:25 PM, Smash-N-Dash said:

I can’t ever say I’ve made a good makeshift diaper, mainly because makeshift diapers don’t work out well generally.

What I used to do was grab a drawstring garbage bag and cut a slit lengthwise down one side. I’d then stuff it with paper towels, toilet paper, maxi pads, or whatever was laying around the house. I’d then tape the bag on with duct tape, slitted side up. Every time, it ended up being a complete disaster and was more work than what it ended up being worth.

I did the garbage bag and paper towels diapers too, when I was a  kid. Lots of paper towels in the center panel and some in the side. Duct taped it all together and folded it like the old original Pampers diapers. Duct tape for the tape tabs. It worked pretty good for a home made disposable diaper.  Mom probably wondered where the hell all her  paper towels were going. 

Tried the same thing with newspaper,  but that wasn't as comfortable and didn't absorb as fast. Still worked good for #2 accidents

I did the wear-all-your-underwear thing for quite a while. And finally gave it up as a bad job, really. I didn't think of using a plastic garbage bag or bread bag to prevent leaks. Next I tried folding large pieces of absorbent fabric and plastic pants. That sort of worked. And then the big improvement came when I learned that what I needed was a booster, or two. At the same time, I got tipped off about using Flour Sack towels as diapers. They're almost like a real cloth diaper. But I'm limited there in folding styles. They fit pretty well, however.