LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Is re-potty training for bedwetting possible?

I've trained myself to wet the bed again and am now reliably wet every night without memory of waking to void. I have no desires to try and re-potty train myself to stop wetting the bed, but it has occured to me that although there are many on forums such as DD that have reported regressing to wetting the bed, I haven't heard of anyone training themselfs to wet the bed again and then training themselfs to stop wetting the bed after that.

So, my question is have you or anyone you know done that? If so, how?

5 hours ago, Diapered Dave said:

My GOD, Man... What's this talk of training NOT to wet the bed?!?!?  Blasphemy, I say, Blasphemy!!!  Perish the thought!!       :20_EmoticonsHDcom:

Lol. I woulden't dare give my diapers up.

4 hours ago, ppdude said:

Why would you ask? Isn't getting unpotty trained the goal?

Yes. Seeing all of the "this is a permanent change and can't be undone," warnings on different forums I frequent, though, just made me curious as to if anyone has actually re-potty trained themselfs.

3 hours ago, WBxx said:

Contrary to the warnings, it’s been my experience limiting fluids and not wearing will quickly bring back "decent" nighttime control.

Very good to know. Hopefully if some unforeseen financial trouble or other situation comes up later in life, it will be easy for me to regain some control. Hopefully I never need to do that though.

I trained myself to start sleep wetting about 15 years ago.  Over time, life changed... got married, had kids, etc.  It's a problem because I will wet any time I doze off... not only in bed at night, but also if I fall asleep on the couch, or in a car, or on a plane... I have to be very careful about where I allow myself to drowse off because there is a good probability that I will wet, and if I'm not wearing a diaper things get embarrassing quickly.

About five years ago I starting making an effort to re-gain control.  It hasn't worked.  I've tried all the 'normal' things... restricting liquids, alarms, medications, etc., but nothing has been effective.  Not saying that others couldn't regain control, of course, but at least in my case it hasn't been possible.

I totally understand both of you ! :) Losing control made it inconvenient as myself, wife and kids were quite young. It also interfered with our sex life. Saying that, it was thrilling to go back into diapers and I felt like a happy-go-lucky toddler. Even if I were to regain control, I'd still wear and wet my diapers. After all the years, it is still a thrill. Be happy with your regression and don't look back! :wub:

Re-potty training is a sometimes thing, unpredictable and with no way of knowing which way will be you. This is why we are so adamant about being positive that you want incontinence before you begin this journey because it might be a one-way trip with no return. And that can leave you prone to depression and other things which can essentially ruin any chance of happiness for the rest of your life if you can't handle it well.

Bettypooh

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Bettypooh said:

Re-potty training is a sometimes thing, unpredictable and with no way of knowing which way will be you. This is why we are so adamant about being positive that you want incontinence before you begin this journey because it might be a one-way trip with no return. And that can leave you prone to depression and other things which can essentially ruin any chance of happiness for the rest of your life if you can't handle it well.

Bettypooh

Betty is 100% right! I have all ways said this 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Bettypooh said:

Bettypooh

I agree 101 %  The way back as far as i have  understood this  is  A  DEFENETLY  HIGHLY  painful  . B    if  going to long   NOT  durable youre Total IC    for the rest of youre life  whether you like it /can afford it  ,suits youre personal life etc...  To bad you got what you wiched  for , The words   be careful what you wish for  cause you might get it  comes to mind .  and despite so many   assurances  of oh its no problems  you can easily revert  this  no problems thats complete  NONCENCE.                  

27 minutes ago, sport said:

I totally agree be careful because the diapers always have to be worn and taken with you.

Yes, you have to adapt. If I'll be away for any length of time, I take a "diaper bag" (backpack) with 3-4 diapers, wipes, and rash creme. Since I cannot see well, I tell people I'm with that it might be a while. Most if not all know I'm diapered and bathroom time may be extended.

• 1 month later...

There are urogenital physical therapists who specializes in continence.

Men ho are scheduled for prostate surgery will be introduced and meet with them before surgery.so if they have issues afterwords they can feel less awkward about seeking help.

Re training is not an exact science ,sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't ,basicly assume when you untrain there is no going back if you don't like it or it's too expensive Etc..

That way you think it through without a false hope or expectation that it can be reversed.

after 15 years of diaper uses only i got a wild hair about stopping. the long and short is maybe for me a big FAT NO.  After a month of pullups and going and sitting on the potty every few hours the only thing i was able to do is make a mess out of my life. i was a bedwetter in the first place so i knew that may be the biggest challenge but day time should have been easy LOL and here i am sitting in a diaper typing this.  

On 11/9/2018 at 1:08 AM, WBxx said:

Contrary to the warnings, it’s been my experience limiting fluids and not wearing will quickly bring back "decent" nighttime control.

Maybe for some this will work but not for all. I love my bedwetting and wouldn't wan to be dry at night but would always advise caution on trying to acheive this. Bedwetting is a life changing thing.

Chances are very good that you will not be able to stop it once you start. Even if you do stop it'll probably only be temporary because your desire to start was stronger than your desire to stop. Otherwise you would have never started in the first place. The best thing to do is just learn to manage it. Learn to let it become who you are. You'll be much happier in the end.

• Like 1

Night-time bladder control is partially about bladder sphincter function and partially about vasopressin levels. When one sleeps, one releases vasopressin which (in simple terms) controls the amount of water that enters the bladder. As a result, with an average sized bladder, one can sleep for 8-10 hours without filling ones bladder to the level one needs to void.

When we train ourselves to sleepwet, we do multiple things :-

1. reduce / stop producing vasopressin
  2. partially relax our bladder sphincter
  3. decrease the elasticity of ones bladder
  4. convince our subcontious that a wet diaper / bed does not need instant attention

As a result, we wet (via reflex / dribble) as we sleep.

Can one be re-trained? Consider the time that you were originally trained not to bed-wet, and the processes involved. One really needs to repeat this process as that process worked for you. However, is ones mind open enough to be retrained? Is one willing to spend the associated time? Look at the relevant scales. A baby wets a diaper daytime until approx 2-3 years of age, and at night until 4-5 years of age. From 5 - 9/10 years, the training occurs until one is reliably dry overnight. That works out as 4 years wet and 6 years training, or a ratio of 1.5 years training to each year wet as a child with an open mind. As an adult, we almost need to double that - 3 years training for every 1 year wet. How long did it take you to revert to sleep wetting. How long have you been sleep wetting. Add the two times together, multiply it by three and one can work out how long it will take to retrain oneself. 

Also, some of us were trained by someone waking us every fours / five hours and carrying us to the bathroom. Do you have someone to do that for you? How well will you function in a job etc when you are trying to work after a few weeks / months / years with disturbed sleep? Also, one will need to wear protection - the same state one is in today, in case one drowses off due to disturbed sleep. As an adult, we tend to bottle up the stress, which has far reaching effects on ones heart etc.

3 hours ago, incondl said:

The best thing to do is just learn to manage it. Learn to let it become who you are. You'll be much happier in the end.

Is it not easier to accept your situation and wear pull-ups during the day and diapers overnight?

On 12/18/2018 at 10:02 PM, Cruiser 03 said:

Re training is not an exact science ,sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't ,basicly assume when you untrain there is no going back if you don't like it or it's too expensive Etc..

Yes, it is possible to be retrained, but ALL the circumstances have to be in order to facilitate this, and even then, it may fail. Some here have been 10-15 years bed wetting. That is a training period of 30-45 years that may not work!

1 hour ago, babykeiff said:

When we train ourselves to sleepwet, we do multiple things :-

1. reduce / stop producing vasopressin

Although I’ve never heard it before, my experience supports your statement on vasopressin.  But I wonder how/why does training to sleep wet impact the production of vasopressin?

11 hours ago, incondl said:

Chances are very good that you will not be able to stop it once you start. Even if you do stop it'll probably only be temporary because your desire to start was stronger than your desire to stop. Otherwise you would have never started in the first place. The best thing to do is just learn to manage it. Learn to let it become who you are. You'll be much happier in the end.

Never a truer word spoken. I am so much happier as a bedwetter.

6 hours ago, WBxx said:

Although I’ve never heard it before, my experience supports your statement on vasopressin.  But I wonder how/why does training to sleep wet impact the production of vasopressin?

In a word, it is ones mind that one trains to sleep-wet, not ones body. It is the subcontious mind that controls all our behaviour with and without our concious intervention and/or consent. If you train to sleep wet, you have convinced your subcontious mind to effect that behaviour as you sleep. It reduces your vasopressin production (part of the conservation of energy) and your bladder capacity etc. It also does not wake you when your bladder gets full. It intervenes and relaxes your bladder sphincter and allows (more correctly facilitates) you to wet your diaper and/or bed. When the wetness touches your skin, it is your subcontious mind that handles the decision to wake you. It makes the choice that a wet diaper / bed / skin is not a need to disturb your sleep.

Sarah Strohmeyer quote "The most powerful sex organ was the brain..."

This is more correct than people have given it credit. It is the brain, or more correctly, the subcontious brain that controls EVERYTHING. For us AB/DL/IC, to change an action, we must first convince ourselves to comply with our own wishes.

• Like 1

I have been back in diapers and plastic pants for over 50 years.  I started real night wetting in 2008 and I went 24/7 in 2013.

I use baby diapers as a stuffer for my ATNs.  I normally watch my stock levels carefully but I allowed myself to run down to my last Huggies size 6 before I left for work.  As luck would have it, I ended up working over 12 hours, it rained all day and I was wetting more than I wanted to be.  Lucky it was rain, had it been snow we probably would have had 8+".  anyway, point is, it was a bad day and when I got home I told my wife I wanted a drink before I changed and one lead to two and I fell asleep.

I woke up around 2AM as I finished wetting for the ? how many times.  My diapers were soaked and had started to leak a bit.  Thank God my plastic pants caught most of the overflow.  My training has made it impossible to not be in diapers, these diapers were soaked and it felt so good to change and be in dry diapers once more.

Wearing diapers 24/7 and wetting as needed has left me diaper dependent.  I don't think retraining would ever be an option, nor do I want it to be.  I have been diagnosed with OAB and UI and my life is what it is.  I would think that most of us who have gone 24/7 gave it careful thought and are happy with our decisions.  Diapers have a powerful hold over us especially if we like to use them.  I'm decades past binge/purge.  I came into this world in diapers and I'll go out in diapers.

Best wishes if you try to give up diapers.

On 12/30/2018 at 11:09 PM, Inconito said:

Becoming a bedwetters again is the ultimate prize. Why on earth even consider going back.

Just how I feel. I thoroughly enjoy all aspects of my nightly wetting. Becoming a bedwetter should be thought of as a permanent step.