LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Getting use to diapers

Sephy

I've been wanting to wear more often and in most place, but I don't seem to have the need confidence to do so. I have a constant fear that someone will notice, or I might crinkle too loudly. I would need a diaper that doesn't swell too much. It might need to last for 6 hours. Medical or ABDL diaper doesn't matter. But cost would be a nice thing to factor in. Being a 29 inch waist I believe I'm in between sizes. 

Normally  people  wont  notice  BUT yes the  risk will always be there im afraid   , and as you also plan on actually using sed diapers  utliest for urine i would strongly suggest adding some  GOOD PVC or PUL pants  as well ,  going with sed  pee in  for 6 hoers will also increase the risk of  leaking despite you`re  (and you need  HIGH absorbing ) Diapers and  extra  IC pants . and also you risk getting  both UTI`s and  NASTY  diaper raches.  And reg the cost  im afraid  diapers  and  IC  products are NOT cheep dear so if you go this route i suggest you prepare youre self for another  expensive dent in youre  budget dear.

Al this sed i wish you AL the luck in youre Search  dear :baby_bottle:                

In AB terms, if you are wearing diapers that are not noticeable. It is not worth doing. Infant diapers were, by nature, noticeable, In c1985, Tommy described a baby and how the diapers were full and showy and said "that's what we want", when DPF put out a pamper that was thick and showy. In the early days, Because girls wore dresses, little girls who were in diapers had an advantage over little boys because they could were thicker, fuller diapers and did not need to be changed as often

6 hours ago, Sephy said:

I've been wanting to wear more often and in most place, but I don't seem to have the need confidence to do so. I have a constant fear that someone will notice, or I might crinkle too loudly. I would need a diaper that doesn't swell too much. It might need to last for 6 hours. Medical or ABDL diaper doesn't matter. But cost would be a nice thing to factor in. Being a 29 inch waist I believe I'm in between sizes. 

The more discrete, the less practical for long term wear for sure. They simply don't have the absorbancy for active use over extended stretches of time, we're talking a single, moderate volume wetting is the max for most diapers that could be genuinely called discrete.

As Little Christine already pointed out, adjusting to extended wear that way also comes with increased risk to your skin, and the increased cost. Better diapers cost more money, and they seriously aren't cheap.

On the flip-side, people really don't notice often if you're not being deliberately obvious about, because they're just not looking. The only people consciously looking are usually members of the community in the first place! Also, even if most people do notice, they simply assume the most logical answer, which is medical, not AB/DL, and most people would never comment on it.

The world is oblivious! They have no clue about anything going on around them! I feel like once you experience and realize this truth, public wearing won't feel like such a risk! I use to feel like you do now, I use to worry about someone finding out, noticing my diaper bulge or hearing my diaper crinkle! After a few public trips wearing I realized no one gives 2 shits about anyone else but themselves. Now a days, I practically exclusively wear in public! I live with 2 other friends who know about my love for diapers but don't want to be involved so I can't openly wear at home. I usually wear incognito but I wear when I'm going out (or I usually do, I actually haven't been padded in over 10 months as mentioned in a completely different topic). I don't think about them being too thick or loud. I've even gone to the grocery store in a dry 24/7 and sweat pants a few times. 

A couple things I learned when wearing in public. Always bring spare supplies and a pair of underwear just in case. I leave a messenger bag in my car at all times just in case. Also, locate gas stations that have private bathrooms that you can change in. My personal favorite gas station chain is Speedway! They almost always have private lockable bathrooms and the reason I use a leather messenger bag is because it's not uncommon these days to see men walking around with them so even if 1 out of a million people where actually paying attention they would not think twice about you having it. I also have a coffee shop near by that has private bathrooms perfect for changing and I usually keep a grocer bag to put the diaper in before disposal. Don't tuck your shirts in and instead, let them cover your caboose! Sometimes keys can be used as a distracting sound at times that you worried your diaper crinkle is loud and obvious. I'll twirl my keys or fiddle with them in one hand so that the sound of my keys are distracting. Lastly, during winter, I wear one of those puffy jackets or vests from Old Navy because they are poofy and distract the eye away from other parts of your body and the sound they make is similar to a diaper so even if your diaper was loud enough for someone to hear (which remember, the world is only interested in themselves. They are to busy with themselves to actually care about anything you got going on) they would just think it's the puffy jacket/vest (I prefer the vest! ^_^). Anyways, just a few tricks I picked up from when I was self conscious. 

Ever since June 1985 I have lacked any bladder control. Growing up my bladder was tiny and overactive. When I was born in 1964 there were some disposables, but at that time they were only considered for trips. My extended family hugged trees, so for us it was pinned classic Curity flat 21x40 gauze diapers inside Gerber vinyl panties. Yes until Gerber got out of the adult incontinence business they had a factory in Michigan making panties from Toddler Large up to huge adult, sold by mail order.

All the women descended from my Granny Vi had bladder problems, including Granny, my Mom Alice, her sister Aunt Betsy, her daughter, me and my 3 sisters. Our family accepted diapers to control our wetting. I'm told that Granny's mom and granny also needed diapers. I never met any of Vi's 4 sisters. I seldom saw Mom's other 3 sisters, except Betsy.

A tradition handed down from Vi's granny was the use of 'just-in-case' diapers for trips and special events, for those who could get by without diapers when they could be sure of a toilet or potty in a few seconds. In my home growing up there were two bathrooms and each of us also had a potty, even Mom. All the bedrooms used by us gals had stacks of gauze diapers. From the time I was 7 I shared a bedroom with our youngest sister who was then 2 and not toilet trained. The family changing table was in the bedroom I shared with Missy. When I was tall enough I diapered Missy for bed and during the day when I was home.

To me the brilliance of the 'just-in-case' diapers is that none of us grew up being embarrassed about diapers. Sure until Pampers became the rage in the late 1970's it would be a rare day out if I did not see a baby being pinned into diapers in a ladies' room, and frequently strangers saw me being diapered or pinning on my own diapers.

Trust me, when you are way past being embarrassed, you realize the rest of the world does not care. Occasionally a curious child might stare or even comment. Usually that child got a smack or a few from her mom. Probably thousands of people have seen me changing my diaper in public ladies' rooms without commenting, or I did not notice.

Since 1988 I have been a litigation attorney, so most of my days are spent representing clients in court. As needed I change diapers in ladies' rooms, so I know I am hardly the only female attorney who wears diapers. Female clients have seen me changing. At law school over half my classmates wore diapers during exams and longer classes. None of us bothered hiding bags or boxes of disposables, including male law students.

On 11/8/2018 at 11:54 AM, padded_husky said:

The world is oblivious! efer the vest! ^_^). Anyways, just a few tricks I picked up from when I was self conscious. 

You speak true!!! Everyone is hung-up in the moment with whatever they're engaged in. If they notice, there's a really good chance they won't say anything. If they ask, own it. It will earn you respect.

At first, I thought everyone was looking at me because they could hear the telltale crinkle. My mother insisted I wear rubber pants all the time to reduce the crinkle and to prevent any likely  leakage.  As each day went, I became more confident as people just didn't notice or care. I am open and honest should the subject come up. Sometime they want to know more; most of the time that's the end of it. There is nothing to fear.

What everyone has posted previously is reality when it comes to wearing diapers when out and about.  I have worn diapers now permanently for over a year and this includes to meetings with high level executives and around my children.  The only people around me that know I am diapered are the people I have shared it with.  At work, I had a former Project Coordinator who had worked professionally in healthcare.  She was very observant and intelligent and before I told her I wear diapers she said she never would have guessed, never suspected I was diapered.  

The person who notices the most is you simply because you know you are wearing one.  Now, you can make it very obvious that you wear diapers.  Loud plastic pants, wearing multiple diapers, wetting until your diaper leaks, etc but you have to make the effort to draw attention to yourself.

I often change in public restrooms, many times in airports.  On many occassions people without a doubt knew I was changing my diaper in the stall.  Between the inch wide cracks and the noise of diaper tapes it is very obvious.  When I am done I walk right out with a used diaper in hand.  The looks I always get are honestly that of sympathy, like this poor guy has to wear diapers.  Almost as if people feel sorry for me.  Now, I will say the looks are much different as a man when you are wearing a pink diaper with princesses on them but if you are in a plain white diaper or medical brief everyone will simply assume you are incontinent.

Put your diaper on and wear proud.  Realize you are really the only one that knows your padded and in all honesty you are the only one that really cares.

• Like 1

I find I am becoming more and more comfortable with wearing for long periods. I still have problems wearing in front of my family but I keep thinking what would someone who truly had to wear 24/7 do. I know they wear and it's never noted really. Being a sissy I've found that women's work pants can definitely make for a better fit. My hips are not that wide. The added hip room in women's pants accommodates perfectly for the added diaper bulk. Now if they would only make deeper pockets.. lol 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2018 at 11:54 AM, padded_husky said:

The world is oblivious! They have no clue about anything going on around them! I feel like once you experience and realize this truth, public wearing won't feel like such a risk! I use to feel like you do now, I use to worry about someone finding out, noticing my diaper bulge or hearing my diaper crinkle!

Taking that a step further, I heard Dr. Rhoda Lipscomb (the ABDL expert) say in an interview on the Family Affairs podcast that her ABDL clients always ask her if she can tell they are wearing diapers and she says she can't. It makes you realize how few people will notice a diaper when someone who works with ABDLs all day long can't even tell. I guess all of us are so in-tune to what a diaper looks, feels, and sounds like that we forget that the rest of the world isn't.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, surgelover said:

Muggles they don't see anything. If you are worried about the top peaking out wear a plain colored onesie

Yes to that.  Starting to wear onesies full-time made a huge difference to my self-confidence.  No more worries about anyone noticing when I bent down, got into or out of the car etc.  I never looked back after that.

Onesies are absolutely essential for peace of my mind if you do not want people to know you wear diapers.  If you are not in one you will constantly be checking your pants and the back of your shirt.  It draws attention to yourself.  

People just do not have the time and energy wondering if the person around them is wearing a diaper or not.  Even if they suspected it more than likely it would be to embarrassing for them to bring it up.

People are generally self absorbed and really do not notice whats going on around them especially in the bathroom, as Mark said a plain coloured onesie makes a huge difference in preventing the dreaded diaper sighting due to a shirt riding up :) also helps keep the diaper snug and inplace. as your wear more and change inpublic more often you will get to the point of not caring or worrying if some one sees your diaper and you may even get to the point of being able to put a diaper on in a gyms changing room. There are millions of us who require diapers to manage bladder or bowel issues and unfortunately its a growing group.  Adult diapers are more comen then you think for medical issues, and when you add Adults wearing by choice the number grows exponentially. 

23 hours ago, MarkSmith said:

Onesies are absolutely essential for peace of my mind if you do not want people to know you wear diapers.  If you are not in one you will constantly be checking your pants and the back of your shirt.  It draws attention to yourself.  

People just do not have the time and energy wondering if the person around them is wearing a diaper or not.  Even if they suspected it more than likely it would be to embarrassing for them to bring it up.

It's really only your nearest and dearest (the ones that don't know), plus at work, that you need to be really careful about.  Sensible clothing choices and nobody else will ever say anything.  Onesies, trousers or shorts that are big enough not to be tight round your nappy, made of material that's not too thin or too light in colour.  Cargo shorts & corduroy one size larger than what used to be my "normal" size work for me.

For me I am working more than being home with my family.  Climbing around machines I must always be wearing a onesie.  When I travel or when I am alone at the hotel I do not care and dress comfortably.  Generally I do not even wear fixing panties but almost always wear my PUL protective panties.

I am still getting used to wearing diapers when I go out. Since last summer when I agrivating a ruptured disc injury and became partially bladder and bowel incontinent, I must wear a diaper anytime I leave home because I never know when I am going to have an accident. It definitely takes a while to get used to wearing a diaper in public and not being noticed that you are diapered. My choice is easy at this point. Diaper up and hope nobody notices it, or go out without a diaper on and the whole world will notice that I just wet my pants.

• 2 weeks later...

At first it was hard going out in public in diapers. I was always looking around to see if others were starring at me when we walked by them, or if they heard the crinkling of my diaper. Of if I bent over and the top of my diaper would peek over my pants or shorts. And having to be changed in the family restroom. I now wear a onsie when we go out in public and don't have to worry about my diaper peeking over my shorts or pants. Plus I have no fear when having to be changed while out in public in the family restroom. With the onsie it helps keeping the diaper from sagging, and easier diaper changes while out. 

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 4:04 AM, Baby Girl Sarah said:

Normally  people  wont  notice  BUT yes the  risk will always be there im afraid   , and as you also plan on actually using sed diapers  utliest for urine i would strongly suggest adding some  GOOD PVC or PUL pants  as well ,  going with sed  pee in  for 6 hoers will also increase the risk of  leaking despite you`re  (and you need  HIGH absorbing ) Diapers and  extra  IC pants . and also you risk getting  both UTI`s and  NASTY  diaper raches.  And reg the cost  im afraid  diapers  and  IC  products are NOT cheep dear so if you go this route i suggest you prepare youre self for another  expensive dent in youre  budget dear.

Al this sed i wish you AL the luck in youre Search  dear :baby_bottle:                

Where did you get the idea that staying in wet pee diapers for 6 hours you risk getting a uti?I have been wearing diapers for over 45 years and NEVER once did I ever get a uti from staying in wet diapers.And most of the time I'm in them for 8 hours.

Very simple  actually  if you stay in wet diapers as  long as you are saying  youre   bacikly caring   a  gazillion bacteria's  that will multiply   and grow  as time goes  on  dear  .   In youre case  id say   you have been lucky   (but  also  it seems  some are  less  risky to develop UI`s then others apparently  )     

( Sitting In A Wet And Soiled Diaper Can Also Cause Urinary Tract Infections. ... Any person wearing a diaper is particularly susceptible to urinary tract infections (UTIs) because their diapers hold feces and urine close to their urethras, spreading bacteria into their urinary systems.) 

19 hours ago, Baby Girl Sarah said:

Very simple  actually  if you stay in wet diapers as  long as you are saying  youre   bacikly caring   a  gazillion bacteria's  that will multiply   and grow  as time goes  on  dear  .   In youre case  id say   you have been lucky   (but  also  it seems  some are  less  risky to develop UI`s then others apparently  )     

( Sitting In A Wet And Soiled Diaper Can Also Cause Urinary Tract Infections. ... Any person wearing a diaper is particularly susceptible to urinary tract infections (UTIs) because their diapers hold feces and urine close to their urethras, spreading bacteria into their urinary systems.) 

I was wrong.I just looked it up and there are a bunch of things that say you can get a uti from staying in wet diapers.So you are right,sorry.

• Like 1

I,ve been in diapers for almost 30yrs due to being a diabetic when my problems started my wife and I talked about it she thought that diapers were the best way to go as there was no cure.The stigma was overwhelming to return to diapers but slowing have become accustom to them.