LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What do you Prefer?

Disposable or Cloth  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Disposable Diapers or Cloth Diapers

I also use a good deal of baby lotion and powder

Yes, I use barrier cream too, but still, two thirds of a day in one diaper... It must surely save a lot of money and trouble with washing, I get it, yes, but even then it's kind if too long...

a kind of liner that keeps the wetness away from my body

Sorry, could you, perhaps, elaborate on this topic?

It is an old Comco snap-on panty that the elestic had worn out on  with a piece cut out of the crotch

image.png

It is made so that the wet runs donw into the cloth diaper. since there is no "soaker" the wet runs through the diaper to the rubber panties and then spreads along the outside so the diaper wets from the outside in. Also the material is waterproof and keeps the wet away from the body for a much longer time, which extends the time between changes. However, the person must be standing or sitting up. This was used for many reasons, one of which was to make the person have to stand up so she would not be able to wet lying down without it getting all over her and making her uncomfortable. Thus she was required to pay attention and do something to keep from having the disaster. This ensured that she would at least pay attention to when she had to go and take some action. It was used for night time training or if a bathroom was unavailable at night or on long tripsback in the early 50's when snap-on rubbber panties came out (1951 or 2). it was also used for punishment or chastizement since the material was starongly felt and annoying to a 4 or even a7 year old. the baby powder kept the liner or "rubber diaper" from becoming sticky. I first heard of them in 1951 when I was 5  when my aunt threatened me with one (I'll put a rubber diaper on you") and actually saw it used in late 1952

I wonder if you could us PUL panties for this, I imagine they would not feel so...welll...rubber diaper-y. I do not know what PUL feels like

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 9:49 PM, Warmwetandcozy said:

I only use disposables I tried cloth diapers and they gave me a horrible diaper rash no matter what creams powders or oils I tried and I am practically immune to diaper rash when I'm wearing  disposables so I will never ever wear a cloth diaper again 

You know its funny,I'm just the opposite.If I wear just disposables I wind up with a BAD case of diaper rash.

It is an old Comco snap-on panty that the elestic had worn out on  with a piece cut out of the crotch
It is made so that the wet runs donw into the cloth diaper. since there is no "soaker" the wet runs through the diaper to the rubber panties and then spreads along the outside so the diaper wets from the outside in. Also the material is waterproof and keeps the wet away from the body for a much longer time, which extends the time between changes. However, the person must be standing or sitting up. This was used for many reasons, one of which was to make the person have to stand up so she would not be able to wet lying down without it getting all over her and making her uncomfortable. Thus she was required to pay attention and do something to keep from having the disaster. This ensured that she would at least pay attention to when she had to go and take some action. It was used for night time training or if a bathroom was unavailable at night or on long tripsback in the early 50's when snap-on rubbber panties came out (1951 or 2). it was also used for punishment or chastizement since the material was starongly felt and annoying to a 4 or even a7 year old. the baby powder kept the liner or "rubber diaper" from becoming sticky. I first heard of them in 1951 when I was 5  when my aunt threatened me with one (I'll put a rubber diaper on you") and actually saw it used in late 1952
I wonder if you could us PUL panties for this, I imagine they would not feel so...welll...rubber diaper-y. I do not know what PUL feels like

Oh, I see... I thought it was something more... err... formal. Less homemade, so to speak... But still, thanks for the explanation.

When I was little, many things were home made. the diapers I wear are home made.

They can be made out of any ssnap on panty. The thing is, you do have to stand up to wet, which was what it was used in many cases to promote to help prevent "learned" incontinence at night. There were many "strange" houses where, because of the layout, a bathroom was not readily accessible and a 6 or 7 year old could not hold it reliably all night so this was used to ensure that the little one would not just wet and go back to sleep without a thought, using this she would have to get up and it just was not worth it to get a potty and those were falling out of favor. So she could get up, wet and then go back to bed without having to search for and use the pot

These can also be made from non snap-on but that requires more work and in the old days, a mother would sew snaps onto the panty where she had opened it at the seam

To my knowledge, this was used in a specific areaa and by a specific ethnic group, the French-Canadians, and it was quite common in my mother's side of the family since I noticed quite a few of my female cousins had a pair of rubber panties under their dolls' diaper and say she was being punished or "chastized" and I saw it in a few other places, as well as "close up and personal". the last I saw of it was in the summer of 1962 with my 9 year old cousin Michelle's doll. A few times I saw dolls with the rubber panties under the diaper and none over it

A few weeks back I went 22 in the same diaper.  I thought I might make 24 btu the wet was starting to get on my body

We talk about "potty" training, at one time, it actually WAS a pot, usually a small metal one with whitee enamel

22 hours ago, Elenwen said:

Is it even... healthy?.. I mean, like, don't you get diaper rash or even something much worse than that?..

Believe me, you get rashes with disposables too. It is hard to pin (ha ha) it down as both are a function of time in the diaper, how much is in it, and the chemical makeup of your pee. Mine's very acidic and chews up the skin. I take a daily pill to make it more neutral but still lands on the acidic side. Diet makes no difference.

Believe me, you get rashes with disposables too. It is hard to pin (ha ha) it down as both are a function of time in the diaper, how much is in it, and the chemical makeup of your pee. Mine's very acidic and chews up the skin. I take a daily pill to make it more neutral but still lands on the acidic side. Diet makes no difference.

I know you can get rashes both with cloth and disposables, I was talking about the time spent in one diaper. I change every four or five hours and use barrier cream every time I do it, and here it's a 16-hour stretch and I just kind of got taken aback..

It's cloth for me, when I can, which is most of the time.  Landfill space is limited, plastic (including nappies) is gradually filling the environment & won't rot away.  So I feel guilty wearing disposables more than I have to.  I wear disposables on holiday if there's no washing machine, and for hiking to stop chafing problems, and washables the rest of the time.  And, of course, I was a real baby in cloth nappies, and they feel right.  I wore disposables most of the time when I was an "in the closet" AB, & I'm happy to wear and use them, but they're second best for me.

• Like 1
On 11/9/2018 at 3:39 PM, Apache Raccoon said:

I’ve never tried cloth diapers: but I don’t really want to either, nothing about them appeals to me and I feel a resistance towards them.

For me I don’t think it’d feel like wearing a diaper without the crinkles and the tapes and all that stuff it’d just feel like thicker underwear which wouldn’t be enough for me.

Me and you think alike! :)

• 2 weeks later...