LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Booster Pad Advise (Maximizing Diaper Thickness)

OK, so I haven't been padded in at least 8 or 9 months. Unfortunately Adult responsibilities has prevented me from indulging in my love for diapers. However, if all goes to plan, I will be stocking up on diapers and booster pads by the end of the year! Besides, you know what they say! "Start the new year in action! End the year how you wish the new year to begin!" Now I can't remember where I read that, it's even possible that it's a compilation of several things I have read, mashed up together. Regardless, there is truth to that statement and I wish to spend as much time and have as much experiences in the warm comforting embrace of thick crinkly diapers as I possibly can in the near future! 

Which leads me to the point of this new topic! I'm looking for advise of booster pads! One of the things that I love and miss is being in super thick diapers! I'm talking crazy thick! So thick that when I sit down at the movie theater, the diaper raises my bottom off the seat! (On a side note, I say movie theater because I go to the movies every Tuesday with a group of friends and unbeknownst to them, I usually spend the time super padded! It's one of my favorite times to be padded!) I'm talking so thick that it is next to impossible to hid how thick the diaper is! Though, I'm looking to avoid the use of reusable cloth diaper covers or cloth inserts and I'm not a big fan of double diapering as it just seems like a waste of diaper and also, time consuming. I use to buy these booster pads that ran the entire length of the diaper and they where incredibly thick but I can't remember what brand they where. I thought they where the Abri let Maxi Booster pads but the last time I remember buying them they where much thinner then I expected and they did not run the length of the diaper. Whatever booster brand I was buying, I would triple layer 3 booster pads inside my Dry 24/7 diapers which really made my diapers super thick! 

So, I'm hoping to get advise on what the best booster pad would be if I'm looking for the thickest option? Obviously Absorbency is important but Honestly, my goal is to really maximize the thickness of the diaper as much as possible and hoping for some advise? If you have advise on the best diaper/booster pad combo options I'm up for those suggestions as well? I'm not a fan of cloth diapers so I'm trying to stray from that option and leaning towards disposable options. As far as diapers go, I was leaning towards Comfort Dry 24/7 or ABUniverse diapers (preferably Classic style). Personally my favorite diaper is Tykables Overnight but Tykables is not currently offering their diapers in XL at the moment which makes me sad, Tykables has my favorite diaper design for cute factor! Anyways, Help a pup maximize the ultimate diaper thickness before the New Year! Just to re-iterate, I'm talking so thick that I actually get nervous about leaving the house but at the same time, I don't want it so thick that I have to worry about diaper leaks (I say that because once I put so many boosters in a diaper that it caused a slight gap in the leg hole area. 

Well I really love tykables galactic with an ABU powerups booster or two or three or four but there already super thick so one booster with a tykables galactic puts a waddle in my step and when my girlfriend puts me in four boosters I can't even walk without her holding my hand and once they get wet well your not going to be able to walk to the changing area  you will have to craw because that is like 2 US gallons of capacity or 8000ml with a tykables galactic and four boosters

11 hours ago, Warmwetandcozy said:

Well I really love tykables galactic with an ABU powerups booster or two or three or four but there already super thick so one booster with a tykables galactic puts a waddle in my step and when my girlfriend puts me in four boosters I can't even walk without her holding my hand and once they get wet well your not going to be able to walk to the changing area  you will have to craw because that is like 2 US gallons of capacity or 8000ml with a tykables galactic and four boosters

Yeah! I definitly want to make them thick! I know that I want to be able to walk but I'm not against the idea of feeling like I'm walking funny because of how thick my pamper is... :blush:

9 hours ago, DprDJeff said:

The Abri-let Maxi used to be as thick as any ABDL diaper, but they changed them to be more like other boosters. It was a disappointing change but they do cater to the legitimate incontinence crowd, so it makes sense.

So I'm not crazy! I thought Abri-let Maxi was the brand! I remember they use to run the entire length of my Dry 24/7 diaper and they use to be 4 times as thick as it's competitors! When I bought them last, the packaging was different and they where half the length and as thin as paper! They where so different that I thought XPmedical was trying to pass off someone else's booster with a fake packaging sticker (later found out I was wrong) so I figured I got the brand wrong. 

7 hours ago, joakim_ said:

Hi. I think Azipad booster is the thickest one around at the moment. Have some friends that is really giving them alot of good words.

So I've never heard of Azipad booster so I'll be googling them now! I would love to find one that was as large and thick as the Abri-let Maxi boosters I remember! 

I love stupidly thick diapers too! The question is that I never tried premium brands wich are supposed to be the thickest ones like Abena, ABU, Bambino and so on… (I'm really looking forward to put one of them) so I had to make do with store brands nappies and boosters for having the ultra-bulk result. I really like when I touch myself trough the diaper but actually I cannot fell anything because the thickness dispell the whole pressure, but it's a great visual stimulus though! I suggest you to make your own pad… I've done like this just because I think if the diaper is boosted with lots of layer of the same kind of pad, it will loose in softness. I tried for example to use some cotton (not so much otherwise it will keep too warm), some sponges and layers of toilet paper in a one huge rectangular pad, closed and compacted with more than one trash bags, If you use more layers of thin trash bags and avoid to tie them in a too strong way, you will obrain a very fluffy effect. Of course in that way the self-made pad will not be absorbent, but who cares since is just for the extreme thickness, just add two or more real boosters to make the absorbent layer. Yeah, I suggest to measure out quackly your diaper, make a one huge fluffy pad (you can also use a towel for example, not so soft but very heavy and bulky, could be a good idea for making your bottom floating in the air while you're sitting) fill it with lots of trash bags and the softest toilet paper you can find in trade, or just whatever else you want, then cut the inside of the diaper in the middle in order to push the big pad inside along the diaper, you will struggle a bit in that but the final result will be Worth of it.

52 minutes ago, wannatrydiapers said:

I love stupidly thick diapers too! The question is that I never tried premium brands wich are supposed to be the thickest ones like Abena, ABU, Bambino and so on… (I'm really looking forward to put one of them) so I had to make do with store brands nappies and boosters for having the ultra-bulk result. I really like when I touch myself trough the diaper but actually I cannot fell anything because the thickness dispell the whole pressure, but it's a great visual stimulus though! I suggest you to make your own pad… I've done like this just because I think if the diaper is boosted with lots of layer of the same kind of pad, it will loose in softness. I tried for example to use some cotton (not so much otherwise it will keep too warm), some sponges and layers of toilet paper in a one huge rectangular pad, closed and compacted with more than one trash bags, If you use more layers of thin trash bags and avoid to tie them in a too strong way, you will obrain a very fluffy effect. Of course in that way the self-made pad will not be absorbent, but who cares since is just for the extreme thickness, just add two or more real boosters to make the absorbent layer. Yeah, I suggest to measure out quackly your diaper, make a one huge fluffy pad (you can also use a towel for example, not so soft but very heavy and bulky, could be a good idea for making your bottom floating in the air while you're sitting) fill it with lots of trash bags and the softest toilet paper you can find in trade, or just whatever else you want, then cut the inside of the diaper in the middle in order to push the big pad inside along the diaper, you will struggle a bit in that but the final result will be Worth of it.

That just seems like so much work. I don't know that I'm interest in making anything. That is kind of the reason why I don't like the idea of double diapering because then you have to cut wholes in the first diaper to assure it leaks through and then you have 2 diapers to adjust anytime you have to make an adjustment. Plus making your own makeshift diaper is probably as expensive if not more then just finding the right diaper/booster combo.

Tena makes a pad called Tena Intimates Overnight. They are the thickest pads I've ever tried. They seem to hold quite a bit by themselves as well. I wear one inside my diaper from time to time to add the extra bulk. I always poke holes thru the pad to make sure the wet wicks thru to the diaper, but for lots a extra bulk one or more would really be thick.

I need to wear a high-capacity disposable diaper to manage my urge incontinence. For the past year or so, the two brands that I’ve been wearing are ConfiDry 24/7 and BetterDry. Both these brands swell up immensely as they get wet, and both brands a potential capacity of about 4 litres. Moreover, the seller of incon products from which I buy my diapers warns users of these two brands that there are neither brand can be regarded as being discrete when worn under clothing. I’ve tried adding a stuffer to these diapers and have found that the stuffer makes the diaper much more prone to leak. To avoid leaks, the diaper needs to be tucked in snugly around the legs. A stuffer tends to reduce the snugness of the tuck-in around the legs.

• Like 1
On 11/7/2018 at 3:20 AM, DprDJeff said:

I hadn't heard of Azipad boosters either. Looked them up and they look like the old Abri-let Maxi boosters. Thanks for the tip.

I have not heard of these either and your totally right! They do look almost identical to what I remember Abri-let Maxi use to be! Though I can't seem to find a US dealer that sells them. 

14 hours ago, shveddiapersissy said:

Tena makes a pad called Tena Intimates Overnight. They are the thickest pads I've ever tried. They seem to hold quite a bit by themselves as well. I wear one inside my diaper from time to time to add the extra bulk. I always poke holes thru the pad to make sure the wet wicks thru to the diaper, but for lots a extra bulk one or more would really be thick.

So I checked these out and they look like they might be shorter? I was gonna looking for something thay was extra long that I could evenly use in the diaper and it looks like I might have to use several of these in different spots to get even coverage? 

1 hour ago, adhb said:

I need to wear a high-capacity disposable diaper to manage my urge incontinence. For the past year or so, the two brands that I’ve been wearing are ConfiDry 24/7 and BetterDry. Both these brands swell up immensely as they get wet, and both brands a potential capacity of about 4 litres. Moreover, the seller of incon products from which I buy my diapers warns users of these two brands that there are neither brand can be regarded as being discrete when worn under clothing. I’ve tried adding a stuffer to these diapers and have found that the stuffer makes the diaper much more prone to leak. To avoid leaks, the diaper needs to be tucked in snugly around the legs. A stuffer tends to reduce the snugness of the tuck-in around the legs.

So, I use to wear Comfy Dry 24/7 and currently it's in my top to options of diaper choices when I finally do get to re-stock my inventory so to speak. The other option I'm looking at is ABU Classic diapers and I also would like to try the ABU Kiddo and ABU Lavender diapers because both are some of my favorite diaper designs, however they are only 2 tapes and I'm worried about how they will feel and fit. I'm worried if only having 2 tapes will be good enough to assure the leg gathers are tight enough to prevent leaks. 

Anyways, I kind of got off topic their for a second. I remember Dry 24/7 swelling a lot when I use to wear them and it was always one of my favorite aspects of wearing them. I use to use 2 Abri-let Maxi Boosters in them and I never really had any issues of leaks, though I didn't have a problem of the tapes either coming off or the plastic near the butt or near the tape area tearing. I think it might have been because I used clear duck tape to keep the tapes on and maybe I was making the diaper too tight? I've also gained weight since then so you might be right in the sense that using too many stuffers (if at all) could be a problem. 

I just want to achieve the ultimate diaper thickness! One that is thick enough that hiding it will be an issue and thick enough that your definitly not gonna forget that your padded (I forget I'm wearing a diaper when they are thin). However, I don't want to have to worry about leaks and I don't want to worry about the plastic tearing when I'm out and about. I have a 46" waiste and I figured if I was buying a size that was advertised for a waiste of 45" -65" (or somewhere near that) then I would have plenty of room in the diaper to add a few stuffers if possible. 

Lastly, does anyone have an experience with ABU's Booster pads? I was looking at different booster pads the other day and it seems like based on absorbancy and price, they might be a great option? They don't seem to be much shorter then Abri-let Maxi, they are more absorbent then abri-let maxi (based on advertised absorbancy ratings) and they even come with a baby smells! 

I haven't tried ABU diapers, but I have tried Crinklz. They are really thick and swell a lot as they get wet. I  really love the Astronaut and Aquanaut design they have. I've put a Northshorecare booser in and they really hold a lot.

On 11/9/2018 at 10:19 AM, padded_husky said:

I have not heard of these either and your totally right! They do look almost identical to what I remember Abri-let Maxi use to be! Though I can't seem to find a US dealer that sells them. 

I ordered a couple packs to see. Hopefully it's misrepresented. I will comment on them when they arrive. :)