LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I want to become a bedwetter. Need advice

So I am 34 years old and have had annoyingly great bladder control since the time I was potty trained. Over the last few years I've gotten this desire to become an actual, honest-to-God bedwetter. I have had small accomplishments, with the big one being that I can pee in literally any position. I am sure I could pee while standing on my head.

Anyway I always seem to read conflicting advice. I have read people say to make sure to drink lots of water right before bed and other say not to. I've read some people say not to pee 2 hours before bed and some people say that you should pee as the last thing you do before putting on your diaper and going to bed. I have, in the past, gotten good at waking up, peeing and going back to sleep. However I always end up giving up due to a perceived lack of progress.

So, I would like some advice on what is the best way to achieve actual bedwetting. What worked for you or someone you know?

• Like 1

One thing to remember if you truly become a bed wetter (Nocturnal) you will more then likely need to be diapered for every nap you take juring the day as you more the likely will pee at some point juring your nap.

Nocturnal bed wetting is the hardest form of incontinence to stop as an adult, be sure its what you want and be prepared for the possibility of being diapered 24/7 at some point 

4 hours ago, Rob110 said:

One thing to remember if you truly become a bed wetter (Nocturnal) you will more then likely need to be diapered for every nap you take juring the day as you more the likely will pee at some point juring your nap.

Nocturnal bed wetting is the hardest form of incontinence to stop as an adult, be sure its what you want and be prepared for the possibility of being diapered 24/7 at some point 

Very wise words. Be sure this is what you really want and accept it as a permanent step if you decide to go down this road. What seems like fun now could be a major hindrance later. That said if you truly want this then go for it. I have never regretted my bedwetting and incontinence.

• Like 1

Agreed with the above. Bedwetting only is the hardest form of desired incontinence to achieve but it can be done. Advice on how to best reach the goal can only be given in a general way since everyone's urination needs and habits differ, but two things are constant for all. First is that you must always diaper for bed, no exceptions ever. Your subconscious needs to know at it's deepest levels that you can always safely pee in your sleep. Second is that you need something in your body to expel during your sleep. Drinking extra water before bedtime will help with that but do not over-do it, just staying well-hydrated should be enough. Whatever you do should be a constant and always thing.

There is some risk of continence problems at other times occurring with this. There is an even higher risk of permanence since your conscious mind will not be able to intercede during sleep to change the newfound habits, especially if you find them to be positive in their nature which you probably will. It's a tough goal but given enough time and persistence it is one which most people can achieve. 

Bettypooh

May not be right for you, but in the beginning I found supplementing before bed water with a beer or two often resulted in sleep wetting.  Then over time it took less and less and eventually no alcohol to wake wet with no memory.  It’s now been years since I’ve slept without a diaper with only an occasional dry night.  No regrets, I can’t imagine life without bed-wetting.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, stevewet said:

Very wise words. Be sure this is what you really want and accept it as a permanent step if you decide to go down this road. What seems like fun now could be a major hindrance later. That said if you truly want this then go for it. I have never regretted my bedwetting and incontinence.

Me neither. Can be scary at first, but in time, you'll be OK.

21 hours ago, PrincessArya said:

Thank you all so much for your help. This is definitely what I want and I have accepted a lifetime of wearing diapers to bed

The most important step in becoming a bedwetter is to always think of your self as one and live your life accordingly.

Very good advice here from everyone. From my own personal experience((un)training one's bladder is very subjective) I've found that it is rather easy to turn back, so long as you don't proceed all the way to full nocturnal enurisis before deciding to do so. If you decide that being a bedwetter may not be right for you after achieving your first few real sleep wettings, stop retraining, because the further along the process you go the greater the chance that the bedwetting will become permanent.

My path to nightly wettings started almost exactly like WBxx descibes. I noticed that a certain amount and consumption rate of beer(for me 3 beers at 8% ABV, drinking the first 2 at the rate of 1 per hour, and the final at the rate of 1 per half hour) then going to bed immediately after I finished drinking without going to the toilet first would cause me to wet the bed every single time without fail. I should mention that the beers were of the 24 oz variety and your tolerance and BMI is likely to be different than mine. Also alcohol is a poison and this should not be a go-to for training yourself to wet the bed. If you do try this, keep playing around with amount and consumption rate, and do it in moderation!

After around 5 wettings in one month, I started substituting beer for water until I no longer needed any alcohol to induce nighttime accidents. If I woke during the night needing to void, I simply let my bladder do it's thing while keeping my eyes closed and not moving, then I'd drift right back off to sleep. 

10 minutes ago, FishMouth47 said:

Very good advice here from everyone. From my own personal experience((un)training one's bladder is very subjective) I've found that it is rather easy to turn back, so long as you don't proceed all the way to full nocturnal enurisis before deciding to do so. If you decide that being a bedwetter may not be right for you after achieving your first few real sleep wettings, stop retraining, because the further along the process you go the greater the chance that the bedwetting will become permanent.

My path to nightly wettings started almost exactly like WBxx descibes. I noticed that a certain amount and consumption rate of beer(for me 3 beers at 8% ABV, drinking the first 2 at the rate of 1 per hour, and the final at the rate of 1 per half hour) then going to bed immediately after I finished drinking without going to the toilet first would cause me to wet the bed every single time without fail. I should mention that the beers were of the 24 oz variety and your tolerance and BMI is likely to be different than mine. Also alcohol is a poison and this should not be a go-to for training yourself to wet the bed. If you do try this, keep playing around with amount and consumption rate, and do it in moderation!

After around 5 wettings in one month, I started substituting beer for water until I no longer needed any alcohol to induce nighttime accidents. If I woke during the night needing to void, I simply let my bladder do it's thing while keeping my eyes closed and not moving, then I'd drift right back off to sleep. 

Would it work for non alcoholic beverages do you think? Or is there something in beer that encourages it?

It could definitely work with any drink you prefer, alcoholic or not. Drinks that are alcoholic in nature do however have a few properties that aid in wetting the bed though. For instance, you generally want to be in a deep sleep so your subconscious doesn't wake you up when it recives the signals from your bladder that it needs to void. Alcohol is more likely to cause a state of deeper sleep. Plus it acts as a diuretic, surpressing the amount of Vassopresin produced by the brain, causing greater urine excretion.

If you would rather not use alcoholic beverages to induce bedwetting, which is honestly much better for your health in the long run, try any diuretic drinks that dont contain stimulants such as caffine or gensing. Cranberry juice is a great alternative. Combine the right amount and consumption rates of your drink of choice with practice wetting in any laying position and you should see results. If you get used enough to wetting the bed plain water will work to boost your chances of having an accident while asleep, and eventually you can even ween yourself off of that and still wet the bed reliably.

10 minutes ago, FishMouth47 said:

It could definitely work with any drink you prefer, alcoholic or not. Drinks that are alcoholic in nature do however have a few properties that aid in wetting the bed though. For instance, you generally want to be in a deep sleep so your subconscious doesn't wake you up when it recives the signals from your bladder that it needs to void. Alcohol is more likely to cause a state of deeper sleep. Plus it acts as a diuretic, surpressing the amount of Vassopresin produced by the brain, causing greater urine excretion.

If you would rather not use alcoholic beverages to induce bedwetting, which is honestly much better for your health in the long run, try any diuretic drinks that dont contain stimulants such as caffine or gensing. Cranberry juice is a great alternative. Combine the right amount and consumption rates of your drink of choice with practice wetting in any laying position and you should see results. If you get used enough to wetting the bed plain water will work to boost your chances of having an accident while asleep, and eventually you can even ween yourself off of that and still wet the bed reliably.

Thank you so much!

1 hour ago, FishMouth47 said:

Wait. Is it 3-24 ounce drinks or 3 drinks totaling 24 ounces?

It's 3 24 oz drinks. That's what did the trick for me, however everyone is different so you may need more or less, and to drink faster or slower. The ideal amount is enough to have you heading to the bathroom frequently enough that the time in between trips would be just a little longer than the amount of time it takes you to fall asleep. This way when you lay down after finishing your last drink, your bladder will be close to capacity shortly after you fall asleep. This initial stage of sleep is usually a deep sleep, which means you're less likely to wake up because your bladder is full. It may also help if you don't use the bathroom before laying down. Some people have a harder time falling asleep with a semi full bladder, but at least for me, it really helped when I first started retraining.

12 hours ago, FishMouth47 said:

It's 3 24 oz drinks. That's what did the trick for me, however everyone is different so you may need more or less, and to drink faster or slower. The ideal amount is enough to have you heading to the bathroom frequently enough that the time in between trips would be just a little longer than the amount of time it takes you to fall asleep. This way when you lay down after finishing your last drink, your bladder will be close to capacity shortly after you fall asleep. This initial stage of sleep is usually a deep sleep, which means you're less likely to wake up because your bladder is full. It may also help if you don't use the bathroom before laying down. Some people have a harder time falling asleep with a semi full bladder, but at least for me, it really helped when I first started retraining.

As you stated previously, one needs to experiment with volume, timing and type of drink till they find what works for them.  Early on I discovered a couple 16 oz. 5.6% beers before bed often did the trick.  Late in the evening I’d settle in front of the TV slowly sipping on the beers till my bladder filled.  Then, after using the bathroom, I’d go to bed and often wet in my sleep.

On 11/7/2018 at 6:25 AM, stevewet said:

The most important step in becoming a bedwetter is to always think of your self as one and live your life accordingly.

Agree, but it’s difficult to stick with the program when there is no outward progress.  For me beer bridged the gap.  After more than a few beer induced wet nights my self-image changed to bed-wetter.  I’d fall asleep confident it would happen during the night.  From there it evolved to regular sleep wetting without alcohol of any kind.

I became a bed-wetter, with perseverance anyone can.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, WBxx said:

As you stated previously, one needs to experiment with volume, timing and type of drink till they find what works for them.  Early on I discovered a couple 16 oz. 5.6% beers before bed often did the trick.  Late in the evening I’d settle in front of the TV slowly sipping on the beers till my bladder filled.  Then, after using the bathroom, I’d go to bed and often wet in my sleep.

Agree, but it’s difficult to stick with the program when there is no outward progress.  For me beer bridged the gap.  After more than a few beer induced wet nights my self-image changed to bed-wetter.  I’d fall asleep confident it would happen during the night.  From there it evolved to regular sleep wetting without alcohol of any kind.

I became a bed-wetter, with perseverance anyone can.

Just to underscore the point, last night I drank much more than normal. Man, was I wet. I thought the disposable diaper held, but it didn't although the bedding was still dry. The rubber pants were wet on the inside, but no leaks! Had to hold it from the bottom. Made a stinky, wet mess that got all over the sink and floor. After getting everything off, I had to hold my hand under my weewee as still continued to drip as I waited for the shower to get warm. I'll have to go back and clean up the bathroom. Yes, lots of liquid will do the trick!

On 11/9/2018 at 4:10 AM, FishMouth47 said:

It's 3 24 oz drinks.

Wow. At 8% ABV that's the same ethanol quantity as 10 shots of vodka, more than 1/3 of a USA 40oz bottle. For someone not used to alcohol that's enough to be actually dangerous, as in passing out, possibly choking on your vomit, and dying. So folks, don't take that as a recommendation!

FWIW I've had "success" on much lower quantities of ethanol, especially when tired from a few double shifts and heavy gym workout. 2-3 * 330ml Belgian 9% beers will work wonders then. As I stated in another thread the key point is to prehydrate. Once you are copiously peeing clear, then drink the beers in close succession, pee again, then go to bed. I have found that being extra tired (such as after a 175km bike race, heavy crossfit session etc) can minimise the alcohol requirement. Also kava can help, but with great caution as low quality kava mixed with ethanol has the potential to cause liver injury. Only use the purest stuff from Hawaii, not cheap caplets from vitamin stores. And no, don't mix ethanol with sleeping pills... that's really asking for trouble. A wet diaper isn't worth the risk.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, agapoulo said:

Wow. At 8% ABV that's the same ethanol quantity as 10 shots of vodka, more than 1/3 of a USA 40oz bottle. For someone not used to alcohol that's enough to be actually dangerous, as in passing out, possibly choking on your vomit, and dying. So folks, don't take that as a recommendation!

FWIW I've had "success" on much lower quantities of ethanol, especially when tired from a few double shifts and heavy gym workout. 2-3 * 330ml Belgian 9% beers will work wonders then. As I stated in another thread the key point is to prehydrate. Once you are copiously peeing clear, then drink the beers in close succession, pee again, then go to bed. I have found that being extra tired (such as after a 175km bike race, heavy crossfit session etc) can minimise the alcohol requirement. Also kava can help, but with great caution as low quality kava mixed with ethanol has the potential to cause liver injury. Only use the purest stuff from Hawaii, not cheap caplets from vitamin stores. And no, don't mix ethanol with sleeping pills... that's really asking for trouble. A wet diaper isn't worth the risk.

I completely agree that anyone wanting to try any type of alcoholic drink to help induce bedwetting that is not used to drinking should not try a large amount like 3 24 oz beers at 8% ABV. I drank that amount to induce wetting the bed before I completely retrained myself to wet the bed because I drink on a normal basis and have a very high tolorence to ethanol.

As I've mentioned before, everyone is different, and BMI/ethanol tolorence is going to differ from person to person. You should only consume what is safe for you.

Prehydrating with water and being tired, like after a workout are also very good bits of advice. I remember the first time I successfully caused myself to wet the bed I drank 1 beer and was extremely tired after working a double shift. Unfortunately, back then my bladder and subconscious weren't accustomed enough to wetting while sleeping to do it on just one beer if I wasn't exhausted as well, so I had to up the amount I was drinking and found three beers worked for me.

I am not a heavy drinker by any stretch of the imagination.  However....when I do become intoxicated there is a pretty good chance that I will wet the bed.  It takes a relatively small amount of alcohol for me to become intoxicated so I really need to be careful when I'm drinking.

I don't normally drink much, but I do have a high tolerance. I am certainly not going to drink that much, but it is possible that since I have a more....relaxed bladder than the last time I got wasted (seriously it's been years) that it may work for me to get inebriated before bed.

42 minutes ago, PrincessArya said:

I don't normally drink much, but I do have a high tolerance. I am certainly not going to drink that much, but it is possible that since I have a more....relaxed bladder than the last time I got wasted (seriously it's been years) that it may work for me to get inebriated before bed.

If you do try, be sure to be safe. Your body will tell you when enough is enough. If you don't get results with that, try prehydrating with water as agapoulo suggested. This, plus getting used to wetting the bed mentally will get you results. It may even been a good idea to practice while during the day. Simply wear a diaper and wet the bed intentionally to get accustomed to the action and feeling of wetting the bed. Over time, hydrating(especially with diuretic drinks) and practice, you will get results.

Since I'm IC and wet continuously in varying amounts both day and night, it is not clear to me how to wet in your sleep without getting drunk. I know if I have an urge during the night, I wake up most of the time. When I do wake up, ti is usually a feeling of extreme urgency that I can't stop and I'll then pee some unknown amount, then go back to sleep. Is wetting without waking up something that is a function of quantity of liquid and time?

12 hours ago, FishMouth47 said:

If you do try, be sure to be safe. Your body will tell you when enough is enough. If you don't get results with that, try prehydrating with water as agapoulo suggested. This, plus getting used to wetting the bed mentally will get you results. It may even been a good idea to practice while during the day. Simply wear a diaper and wet the bed intentionally to get accustomed to the action and feeling of wetting the bed. Over time, hydrating(especially with diuretic drinks) and practice, you will get results.

Good advice! Be prepared to handle a bad diaper rash if you stay in it all night (if you're prone to that kind of thing like me).

On 11/6/2018 at 6:01 AM, PrincessArya said:

Thank you all so much for your help. This is definitely what I want and I have accepted a lifetime of wearing diapers to bed

Just a reminder that it's not just wearing diapers for bed.  It's also wearing diapers on a plane.  Or in a car on a long trip.  Or when you sit down on a Sunday morning on the couch to watch a game.  Or when you go to that RomCom to make your wife happy, but you might fall asleep in the middle.  Or you're at your buddies house and have a beer or three and decide you shouldn't drive home, and he offers to let you crash on his couch.

I wanted and accepted a life of wearing diapers to bed.  I would have been just fine with that.  I am not as happy about wearing diapers on planes and hoping that the thinner diaper I chose for public discretion doesn't leak, or having my wife insist on me wearing protection any time I'm watching TV on the couch because I wet all over it twice, or having to wear a diaper on a long car trip where we're splitting the driving because my wife's car's leather seats have a stain from me, or having to have discussions with the medical staff before a surgery.

I find I have to wear a diaper much more often than just when I go to bed at night, and that wasn't something I thought of when I started my bedwetting journey.

As long as you think about that... best of luck.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, justforfun said:

Just a reminder that it's not just wearing diapers for bed.  It's also wearing diapers on a plane.  Or in a car on a long trip.  Or when you sit down on a Sunday morning on the couch to watch a game.  Or when you go to that RomCom to make your wife happy, but you might fall asleep in the middle.  Or you're at your buddies house and have a beer or three and decide you shouldn't drive home, and he offers to let you crash on his couch.

I wanted and accepted a life of wearing diapers to bed.  I would have been just fine with that.  I am not as happy about wearing diapers on planes and hoping that the thinner diaper I chose for public discretion doesn't leak, or having my wife insist on me wearing protection any time I'm watching TV on the couch because I wet all over it twice, or having to wear a diaper on a long car trip where we're splitting the driving because my wife's car's leather seats have a stain from me, or having to have discussions with the medical staff before a surgery.

I find I have to wear a diaper much more often than just when I go to bed at night, and that wasn't something I thought of when I started my bedwetting journey.

As long as you think about that... best of luck.

Thank you and I appreciate your concern and the warning. I had pretty much figured those things out. Was the car thing because you fell asleep or because you had a smaller, weaker bladder and couldn't hold it very long?