LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

friends that wet as kids

oldwetter66

I feel fortunate!  I wet the bed until almost 6 years old and was diapered for bed every night in cloth diapers and plastic pants.  Back in the late 1950's and early 1960's it was common (as today) for some kids to still wet the bed until 5 or 6 years old, even later.  There were no Goodnites or Underjams back then but companies did make plastic pants in "Toddler" and "Super Size" that would fit older kids.  At least as far as my own parents, they accepted the fact that some kids still wet the bed well after they are day trained out of diapers.  I was never punished, embarrassed or humiliated for wearing diapers to bed.  It was just a fact and the way to deal with it.  Just normal until I outgrew it, which I did.  I'm not sure what my pediatrician told my parents about it, but I doubt he advised any punishment for something he knew I couldn't help.  I just stopped over time on my own.

If I knew any friends or other kids who wet the bed, I never knew about it.  After all, how many older kids or friends in school ever say, "I wet the bed and I wear diapers every night".  Sure way to go through your school years teased and ostracized by the other kids!

On 9/6/2019 at 6:17 AM, rusty pins said:

If I knew any friends or other kids who wet the bed, I never knew about it.  After all, how many older kids or friends in school ever say, "I wet the bed and I wear diapers every night".  Sure way to go through your school years teased and ostracized by the other kids!

Excellent point ! :)  I never remember any other kids bragging about it either-LOL.  However when only two boys live across the street, both a couple of years older than you, and there are multiple pairs of plastic pants and cloth diapers drying on the clothes line- kind of a give away.

In my neighborhood growing up. My next door neighbors their youngest son and daughter were bed wetters the son was 7 months older than me  the daughter was 11 months younger they wet into their teens the boy was 15 the girl 14 their mother was very vocal everybody knew they wet their beds. She got them into one of those bedwetting programs, I remember she said it cost over a grand each but it worked.

Around the block there were two brothers the oldest was still wetting his bed when he went away to college. Still does as far as I know. The brother about 3 weeks older than me wet until he was 11 then stopped.

Their neighbor also had a son my age I was at his house one day and saw his older sisters bed, there was a wet spot on it. I don't know if it was a one time accident or she had a real problem.

Another of my friends on the same block his sister who was way older we walked by her room and I could smell the smell of stale urine. I was about 13 by this time she had to almost be 20. Year's old.

I never wet my bed as a youth or teen I was in my 50's got some abdominal surgery, for a hernia to large for just mesh. Next thing i knew I began wetting my bed, that was 5 years ago!

As mentioned above, I learned about bed-wetters as a kid by being with others in their house, and getting told that "my sister or brother still wets his bed" as we walked past a laundry room with stinky diapers or another bedroom that smelled of wet diapers. 

Probably the most memorable was when a good friend of mine told me his older sister, probably about 16 or 17 by that point, wets her bed most nights as we walked past her bedroom one day.  The proof to that was the smell drifting out of her room!  The point, the individual never "brags" about being a bed wetter, but their siblings often would out them thinking they were cool.

• 2 weeks later...

I was a bed wetter until I was 9.  My mothers solution was diapers and plastic pants.  This was back in the early to mid 60's so cloth diapers were still the norm.  In 1968 we moved back east to North Carolina from California via NY and NJ to visit relatives I had never met.  I met 2 young cousins who were 3 and 5 at the time and both were bed wetters and like my mom my aunt used cloth diapers and plastic pants.  My aunt must have sensed that I may be a bed wetter and asked my mother about it and mom told my aunt that I hadn't wet the bed in quite some time.  I slept on a bed with a vinyl cover while I stayed with them that summer.  

I remember that my cousins still wet their beds for several more years.  I went for a visit in the early 70's and remember seeing plastic pants hanging from a clothes line where the washer and dryer were in the basement.  I also remember seeing the thick training pants in the washer every morning plus my aunt folding the ones that had been washed and dried.  I also found out that several more of my cousins were at one time bed wetters too and they were all on my father's side of the family.

Now at age 61 I still wet my bed.  It started many years ago while I was still in the military.  It usually happened if I had been drinking to much and didn't wake before wetting my bed.  Lucky for me I was a SGT at the time and had a room to myself.  I was also close to retirement and took it upon myself to take care of the problem.  I started wearing diapers to bed especially on nights I drank.   I was able to get through the last year or so of my time in the military without anyone finding out.  

Since then I have been wearing diapers and plastic pants at bedtime and during the day too.  

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

My mother withheld the diapers when I stopped wetting every night around the age of 12 or so but never had the nerve to remove the rubber sheet that was immediately underneath my bed sheet.  I still continued to have frequent genuine accidents at night for several years after that which would be magnified by the rubber sheet.  Its amazing how a 14 year old can wet from his knees to his chin with the help of a rubber sheet !

• Like 1