LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Should I tell my parents I’m a DL?

I have been wearing diapers in secret for over 10 years now and as far as I know my parents haven’t found out yet. There has been many times when they have almost caught me. She asked me a few times if I was an AB and I just made it seem like I was confused and didn’t know what it was. I have had many sleepovers with my friend where we would wear diapers and wet them and I’m pretty sure she didn’t know. They have also been under my bed (where I keep the diapers) when the diapers were pretty much in their line of sight but they haven’t said anything yet and this was a year ago so maybe they didn’t see them. I dispose of the diapers at the park bin behind my house as I’m scared my parents will find then if I put them I’m the bin at home. Im not sure weather to let my parents know about me and my diapers.

1) tell them 

2) never tell them

It would be great if you could help me out 

Thank You :) 

When she asks you if you're an AB, is her tone curious or is there a hint of a sneer? Do you think she would be disappointed or disgusted by you or do you think your parents might know a little more than they're letting on?

Because I think my mother always suspected I was wearing them when I was your age but she knew enough not to get involved with anything going on below the equator. If you've begged for diapers that often, you're probably more transparent than you think. If there's anyone who knows you better than you, it's the one who spent all day and possibly all night bringing you into the world. 

However: Do not leave them on the floor. Do not start flagrantly displaying yourself to them or to anyone else. It is your business and no one else's. And although my understanding of the UK is admittedly limited to PBS and BBC America, I am under the impression that 18 is adult and your parents are not obligated to buy anything for you that you don't explicitly need to survive. If were you I would focus on getting a job and saving some money. Move out or start paying some bills and you can do whatever you like with your spare cash. 

The difficult part is not knowing if your mom knows anything or suspects anything. If she doesn't know, it is much safer to keep everything as private as you can. It almost always does not result in anything positive by confessing to your interest in wearing diapers. The average person does not understand because they don't get the same feeling from diapers that we do. Plus it is almost guaranteed that people will jump to the wrong conclusion. Obviously your mom knows the term "AB," which might give a hint that she knows something. But why risk an uncomfortable confrontation?

I'm with drynot...

Parents have no need to know about fetishes such as this and from you described it seems they are likely already well aware of the diapers and choose to not say anything probably out of respect for you.

There is nothing to be gained by telling them... They aren't going to want to see you walking around in a diaper and I don't expect you want them to be involved so where is the benefit?

Telling them invites a lot of potential consequences and negatives with very few positives.

• Like 5

It’s hard to give you sound advice without knowing the nature of your parents, so the safest answer is to tell you not to tell them.

If you do decide to tell them, don’t throw it in their faces. If you tell them face-to-face, don’t be wearing a diaper at the time. You could also tell them in a written form, such as email. Also, don’t expect anything to change much. The only guarantee is that you’ll know they know. That may offer you some peace of mind, but don’t expect them to be ok with you exposing your diaper to them just because they know. 

Of course, you risk getting into a number of bad situations depending on how they take it, particularly because you’re still under their roof. At least they’ve heard of AB, so they’ll likely not think you something horrible like a pedophile. It’d be less complicated if you had your own place. 

And personally, my parents do know. Dad confronted me about it in my early teens and I did have a moment where I felt compelled to tell my family, and did so. It was rocky, awkward, and dad feared particularly bad things. He had me go to therapy against my wishes, and relented after a few sessions when I pointedly told him that he was wasting his money. I have a good relationship with him now (it feels like I’ve always had), but all I’ve ever got on the diaper front is acceptance, not understanding. But that’s fine with me. He comes to visit, and may see the bags of ABU diapers in the storage room, or the changing table in my bedroom, or the goofy oversized pacifiers, and it doesn’t bother him or me. Also, I’ll wear diapers but won’t expose them to him, because doing so would be disrespectful of his boundaries. Overall, I don’t have regrets over my decision to tell them. Your mileage may vary. 

• Like 1

Why do we humans always make things so complicated? Fortunately, mine was simple. My "normal" underwear got really wet at night, Soon thereafter, they were getting soaking wet during the day. I couldn't wait to get home from work so I could change it. So, my wife and two children knew I went back into diapers. One of those kids was just coming out of diapers, so it was kind of fun comparing me to him. Since we live 600+ miles from my parents, I told them the first time we visited and stayed with them.  Only my mother really cared, as she was adamant that I wear vinyl pants to help prevent leaks, I didn't bring any at the time. I've been wearing rubber/vinyl pants with cloth and disposables 24/7. Even without a diaper!

I agree with the above comments there is no need to tell them you are 18 years of age if you choose to wear them so be it you are not harming anyone or yourself.

1) tell them face to face

This will be a difficult time if you do it right off the bat but I have done it and well I never heard the end of it.  But now she is ok as I now have a problem.

2) wear diapers and let them find me wearing them e.g. wearing only a diaper and calling them into my room to bring me something and they will see the diaper on me and say something then I can explain 

You do not want to ever do this as it will not be good for you.  What is done in your room is your business not your parents unless you are harming yourself or someone else's.

3) hint that I may be wearing them e.g. putting them I’m the bin at home and leaving them on the floor etc.

Putting them in the bin is one thing but leaving it on the floor is only asking for trouble please do not do that.

I have a question for you DiaperLover  why is it you want to tell your parents?  What gives them the right to know?

It’s a tough line to walk, but you’d be best off not mentioning anything about it. It is your life and your choice, but for the sake of grief and any negative reactions, keeping it your secret would be best in my opinion.

• Like 2

I say keep your trap shut, what you do is what you do. Sure, it seems like a good idea and all to involve your parents; in the interest of being open and honest and all that. To what actual end? Have they openly talked to you about what gets their motors humming? My guess is not; if they have not openly told you anything about their playtime, why do you feel compelled to tell them about yours? 

• Like 3

Personally I will have to agree with the majority. I just don't think their is any reason to tell them anything about your interest in diapers. In my opinion, the only people who I think have any business knowing is any close friends you wish to share the interest with (People you either already know or think will be OK with it) and anyone you plan on sharing a romantic relationship with. Outside of that, Parents really don't need to know anything about it. Your 18 and at this point you might be considering college or eventually moving out and either way, once your out you can do whatever you want. 

• Like 2

My immediate thought was "why do you want to tell them?"  If you're disabled and need physical nursing care, then I can understand it.  If you're capable of looking after yourself in a personal level, then it surely makes more sense to handle things yourself, until you end up finding a partner on a serious basis.

• Thanks 1

I may sound harsh in my post but that is not my intention at all.  I respect you and wish you the best, but what I have written is kind of a wake up call for you and my opinions.  They are not meant in any way to sound like I think you are an idiot or fool or anything.  Please, I hope no one gets that impression even though some of what I said may seem that way.  I wrote it more to be blunt and have the original poster sit up, take notice and say, "Hmmmm.  He's probably right and maybe what I said or planned on doing wasn't such a good idea now that I think more about it".

First, what is your motivation for you telling them?  Do you hope that by telling them you will be able to wear diapers more often and openly in front of them?  Walk out to the living room in shirt and diapers to watch TV with them?  Sit down to dinner in just diapers with your parents?  Do you hope your mom will change your diapers for you again once she knows you are wearing them?  That won't happen.  You have so much more to lose than you have to gain by telling your parents you like wearing diapers.  They will probably always love you since you are their kid, but they will never look upon you the same way again.  I suspect your mom may already know, especially if she's asked you if you are AB.  It's doubtful that came out of the blue and she probably suspected you like diapers from the things she has noticed and what you have said and did some internet research on it.  That still doesn't mean she knows for sure or likes the idea.  Probably the opposite as far as liking it.  Some people have told family and it didn't go well.  Are you ready to be thrown out of the house and have to find somewhere else to live?  It has happened with some members.

I also agree with vvp39.  It needs to stay privet and in your bedroom.  You wouldn't want your dad to come out in the morning and say, "Gee!  Your mom and I had the wildest sex last night!  I ripped off her nighty and we f--ked on the bed, floor, in the shower and standing up against the wall!  Didn't you hear her moans?  They were so loud yo could have heard them a block away!"

It's just not a good idea all the way around and from your post, I'm pretty sure they already know.  Your mom asking you if you are AB.  You leaving them under your bed in their line of sight (parents will snoop whenever you are not around) and I would bet my next paycheck your mom has seen those diapers under your bed.  The fact that she hasn't sat you down and had a talk with you tells me she doesn't want to know about it or discuss it.  She knows but ignores it because she doesn't want to know and have it out in the open.  Also, no mom is going to buy you diapers so you can torment your brother with them.  That's your hormones raging and bypassing your brain and reason and going right to your mouth!  Wearing just a diaper and asking they come into your room to bring you something so they can see you in them to force the issue.  WRONG!  VERY BAD IDEA!  Leaving used diapers laying around on the floor for them to find.  NOT GOOD!  DON'T DO IT!  Those are all irresponsible things to do and they make you look like a kid who doesn't know better.

Look at all the responses here.  Just about every one is against you telling your parents and suggesting you keep it to yourself in privet.  Everyone of them is older than your 18 years and range from 23 to 78 years old.  We all have been through a lot and have many more years of knowledge and experience than you do.  You asked for advice, and the best idea is to consider the advice we give you.  It seems you are pretty set on what you want to do and may ignore our advice and just tell your parents anyway.  I still say don't do it, but if you do, be a man about it!  None of this "I'll put on just a diaper and call them into my room so they can see me in it"  What do you think they will think about that?  "Oh look Fred!  18 year old Johnny's wearing a diaper!  Isn't that cute?"  Why would any person put on a diaper and ask their parents to come into their room to see them wearing it?  Do you want all your friends and family to know your parents caught you wearing diapers and they are now taking you to a psychiatrist for counseling?  Again, I am not trying to insult you at all or belittle you or make like you are a moron.  I respect that you like diapers, as all of us here do and there is nothing wrong with liking to wear diapers.  I'm just taking a hard line to try and make reality hit home for you.  You will probably go ahead and tell them regardless of the excellent advice everyone gave you, so if you do (which I advise against along with everyone else here), man up, sit them down and tell them face to face!  Have some statistics about how many people are AB or DL and why, reassuring them it's just a fetish, psycologists say it's harmless and in fact can help someone reduce stress in their life, it does not involve real children in any way and you have had these feelings for 10 years or more.  We don't know what causes them, it just triggers in some people's brains.  Be open, honest, be ready to answer any questions, be calm and not angry.  Most of all, be prepared when it doesn't go how you thought it would.  

Again, I and most of the responses here are against telling your parents but you seem you want them to know.  I don't know what you feel you have to gain by letting them know and chances are it's not going to work out in your favor like you think it will.  If you believe it will allow you to be more open and wear diapers more when around your parents, the opposite may happen.  You need to keep your parents feelings in mind as well.  Is it right for you to upset them and make them sad and unhappy for your own feeling?  Right now you are wearing them in your room and on your sleepovers without problems and even if your mom knows or suspects, she hasn't confronted you about it other than the 2 times she asked if you are AB.  Once you tell her, she could be OK with it and glad it's now out in the open, but she may also get mad.  She may make you get rid of all your diapers, check your room every day and constantly make sure you are not wearing diapers or have any in the house.  If she catches you in them she may haul you to therapy, toss them all away or even make you move out on your own.  She could make your life miserable.  Believe me, if you tell her she's not going to say, "Oh, that's nice!  I hope you enjoy them!"  She's most likely going to say, "Oh hell no!  Not in my house!"   Remember, it IS their house, not yours.  You can argue that you are 18 and an adult now and can do what you want, but they have no responsibility anymore to house you, feed you, cloth you and care for you.  It's there house, their rules, they can say, "No diapers in this house!   You want to wear diapers, move out and get your own place!"  Try buying diapers on a part time low paying job when you also have to pay rent, utilities, food and other expenses.  You'll barley be able to afford Ramen Noodles to eat let alone diapers to wear.  I say this so you will know both sides of what could happen.  It could be that your parents will be OK with you wearing diapers even if they don't like it and allow you to do so, but also be prepared if the opposite happens should you decide to tell them about it.  If you have been getting by as it is wearing diapers at home, I say it's better to just keep a very low profile about it, don't rock the boat or let on to anyone what you are doing.  Keep the hormones in check, let any common sense you may have prevail and wait until your out on your own to expand your diaper desires.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

add another vote to the "they don't need to know, so don't tell them" pile. even if mom might have an idea about this corner of the world, it's a better option to just let sleeping dogs lie. my mom caught me in diapers when i was very very young, and i've been less than perfect over the years with my paraphernalia, but never left diapers, used or not, out for anyone to find. i think she might have an idea about my diapers, but i am 100% content not knowing if she knows or not. she may have even forgotten about it entirely, if she ever really knew at all, but i'll never know, and i'm happy keeping it that way.

you're 18, and they have no reason to know what your underwear of choice is, or what gets you excited and turned on. do you want to know what gets your folk's rocks off or if they wear thongs, briefs or go commando? NO! however!! it's still their house and you live under their roof and you have to follow their rules. so i highly recommend you keep a very low profile with your diapers. when i lived at home, there was a time of over a year between times i wore diapers. i couldn't find the time alone to properly enjoy my diapers. just stay quiet about them, enjoy when you can, don't be careless, and bide your time until you can get your own place and wear as often as you desire.

• Like 1

Let me share my perspective as a parent of somebody your age:  I do NOT want to know.  I REALLY REALLY do NOT want to know!

If there is gear left laying around, I will do a pretty good job of not seeing it but that doesn’t mean there has been ANY value in having it pushed in front of my face.

As a DL myself I am in no position to get judgemental about kinks but I SERIOUSLY don’t want to know about them in my kids.  I just hope they’re happy in life and were as minimally screwed up by my parenting as possible.

One of those pesky adult things is matters that we should not share with our parents.

• Like 1

think of it this way.. would you want to know if your mom and dad had a kink they are involved in ? I am betting your answer is a sounding no.  so what makes you think your parents want to know of your kinks. I am with several other people here.. DON'T TELL THEM...

:no-no-baby-smiley-emoticon:

• Like 1

I generally disagree with most folks when it comes to coming out of the closet / telling others about being a AB/DL. I've told many folks and am glad I did. I think never telling anyone is a poor way to live your life. But to each their own.

With that said, I would be very hesitant to have my parents be the first people I ever talked to about being an AB/DL. Frankly, they would be one of the last people I ever wanted to tell for some of the many reasons folks have previously stated. I have talked to my mom about it, but it wasn't by choice. It was also fine, awkward yes, but fine.

Nobody knows your parents like you do. Could be that it would be a good call and a helpful discussion. But at a minimum I'd start elsewhere first.

On 11/2/2018 at 10:35 PM, oznl said:

If there is gear left laying around, I will do a pretty good job of not seeing it but that doesn’t mean there has been ANY value in having it pushed in front of my face.

As a DL myself I am in no position to get judgemental about kinks but I SERIOUSLY don’t want to know about them in my kids.  I just hope they’re happy in life and were as minimally screwed up by my parenting as possible.

Hear, Hear! Excellent perspective! Those of us with kids really work hard not screw them up anymore than they already are! :rolleyes: