LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Stock market falling

It would appear the US may be on the verge of a recession.  From what I've seen, the Dow Jones has lost about 3,000 points in the past month, and other stock indexes are showing similar trends.  Now, I am definitely not an expert in investing, but that trend does seem odd.  Anyone else noticing this?

Im praying that this is a self correction because the stock prices have been HEAVILY overinflated. If we go into a minor recession then people might start losing their jobs or wages might be reduced. Few benefits are the cost of living drops a tiny bit

I think someone bumped their interest too high and its causing coprations/people a harder time to pay on their debts. At least the value of the dollar is stronger(Not as strong as the 1930s or 1960s era when a gallon of gas was 16-30 cents)which means your wages earning are stronger and so the cost of living again goes down. Im very sure the interest rate hikes are causing the dollar to be very strong(I don't mind a strong dollar). Downside is consumers buy overseas more from overseas prices being cheaper to us(in our case ABU and Rearz would be cheaper to us then a company like Crinklz or Bambino)

The US president has stated that he is thinking on imposing a tariff on almost Chinese goods this time. If that happens then the price of some adult diapers that ABDLs buy will skyrocket. You could very well see $300-400 a case of ABU diapers or another company who gets theirs manufacturing from China. The tariffs along with hiking interest rates is causing the China market to cool off and slow down(China has alot of debt owe to us but we do as well to them)so that might be a sign for the president to not quite impose a complete goods tariff on China.

There are always up's and downs.  I have seen the market start to fall off the past week or so, even before.  Remember, it has made some pretty good gains recently as well.  Whenever something happens like Trump stating he will impose his tariffs on Canada, Mexico, China and everywhere else, it will stir up the market and cause investors to worry (rightly so).  The worst thing is to get worried and start selling off your stock or pulling out of some investments.  When everyone starts doing that, you will have a crash or big problems.  Keep an eye on things for sure, but don't panic and start pulling your investments.  That is a sure way to cause a recession.  Although I hate to call it a benefit, when the stock market drops, so do oil prices meaning lower prices at the gas pump.   That could have the effect of more people traveling and spending money on their trips.  We just have to wait cautiously and see, especially how things go after the mid term elections next week.

• Like 2

The key here is just not to panic and keep investing as usual.  Use dollar cost averaging to your advantage and make your investments while prices are lower.  I think we're at the beginning of a major correction which has been due for quite a while.

There is some market instability due to policies and tariffs imposed by our Governments which may be exacerbating the problem but I think things will sort themselves out in time.

2 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Although I hate to call it a benefit, when the stock market drops, so do oil prices meaning lower prices at the gas pump

That's kind of what I was thinking.  In nature, when an ecosystem is extremely overgrown and crowded, a fire or disease will often "reset" the ecosystem and allow life to begin again.  Same thing probably applies in finance.

It's rarely all up or down. Most people see no further than the Dow or Nasdaq numbers not realizing that those do not represent the whole market, but only a segment of what recent past stocks have had the highest value. Those individual values change daily same as all the rest, but since they are linked to the market reporting system that is the 'barometer' which everyone uses. There is still no real protection against a 1929-like event save that it will happen more slowly. Diversify and pay daily attention to your stock's trends, not the newsy numbers ;)

Bettypooh

• 2 weeks later...