LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

how were your parents

oldwetter66

Never stopped wetting the bed. Hasn't been a frequent thing,  a few times a year usually. Growing up I was always told the same things, "Only babies wet the bed", "Do you want me to put you back in diapers?"(I was never brave enough to say yes)' "You'll grow out of it." My dad was the one who spoke up about it, my mom was the one who drug my mattress outside do dry/air it out. They never considered it could be a medical issue. 

11 hours ago, Nyte Kitsune said:

Never stopped wetting the bed. Hasn't been a frequent thing,  a few times a year usually. Growing up I was always told the same things, "Only babies wet the bed", "Do you want me to put you back in diapers?"(I was never brave enough to say yes)' "You'll grow out of it." My dad was the one who spoke up about it, my mom was the one who drug my mattress outside do dry/air it out. They never considered it could be a medical issue. 

Back when I was growing up bedwetting was considered a dirty habit and certainly not a medical problem. Our Doctor certainly didn't see as a problem. The stock answer was always "Don't worry he will grow out of it"

My father was ex military and disgusted by my bedwetting. My mother was just frustrated by it and punished me harshly. Having my face rubbed in my wet sheet was a normal occurrence. I was just thought of as dirty and lazy. 

I came home from school many times to find my mattress on the lawn.

It didn't help that my sister was completely put of nappies at two and never wet her bed while I was almost 22 before I was dry at night. 

By my teens my folks had given up trying to get me dry at night and I made no effort. My bedwetting never bothered me. 

My mother made one last ditch effort when I was about 15 as we had a new doctor as the old guy had finally retired. Our new young doctor referred me to the then fledgling NHS Continence service and I was issued with a "Sandra" fitted cover for my bed and big blue adult disposable nappies. My mother also bought me some "Sandra" plastic pants as the nappies usually leaked. 

That was it nothing was ever said about my bedwetting after that. It was just accepted I wet the bed and probably always would. I was expected to deal with my wet nappies and any wet sheets. 

I finally stopped wetting in my early 20s.

• 2 weeks later...

I was a bedwetter until aged nine. My mom scolded me and told me I was lazy. She put my mattress outside to dry to try to shame me and eventually placed a plastic sheet on my bed. When a friends mom asked if I could stay over night she blurted out “no, he wets the bed”, in front of about ten people. I was incredibly embarrassed. Once she grew tired of washing my sheets, she finally made good on her promise and put me back in diapers. Pampers at first, then hospital grade disposables when I outgrew those. I don’t wet the bed anymore, but sometimes I wish I did. 

• Sad 1
  • 3 months later...

Every wet bed/wet pants earned me a trip over mum or dad's knee. If I woke up wet 7 mornings in a row (happened roughly once a month, I did have some dry nights), dad took his belt off. They didn't get me protection, not even a waterproof sheet to save the mattress. I left when I was 18 and never went back, I moved in with my aunt and uncle who lived near my uni. After they found out how my parents treated me they told me to never go back, I stayed with them until after I finished uni and got my own flat. My aunt and uncle bought me protection, and I was dry most nights by the end of the first school year.

• Like 2
On 10/29/2018 at 6:09 PM, WBxx said:

Dad didn’t seem to care, mom was just the opposite.  As time passed she became more and more frustrated with my bed-wetting.  When I was still young, perhaps four, she stopped changing my bed during the night making me lay in it till morning.  On top of that she scolded and even spanked.  And yet a part of me enjoyed the whole thing … hard to figure.

My Mother would  never change my bed during the night. 

1 hour ago, stevewet said:

My Mother would  never change my bed during the night. 

Did your mother wash your sheets everyday or just let them dry? My mom would change if I had wet.

2 hours ago, diaperuser said:

Did your mother wash your sheets everyday or just let them dry? My mom would change if I had wet.

Mine washed my sheets when she knew they were wet.  Ashamed, embarrassed or whatever a few times I pretended all was fine and made my bed without telling her.  For anyone wondering, wet sheets do not dry beneath blankets making for a “memorable” experience the following night.

• Thanks 1

My mother refused to wash my sheets every night. Usually I slept in the same unchanged bed a couple of nights in a row. Sometimes the wet sheet would be dried unwashed on the line

On 11/6/2023 at 3:07 AM, Pampersforever said:

I was a bedwetter until aged nine. My mom scolded me and told me I was lazy. She put my mattress outside to dry to try to shame me and eventually placed a plastic sheet on my bed. When a friends mom asked if I could stay over night she blurted out “no, he wets the bed”, in front of about ten people. I was incredibly embarrassed. Once she grew tired of washing my sheets, she finally made good on her promise and put me back in diapers. Pampers at first, then hospital grade disposables when I outgrew those. I don’t wet the bed anymore, but sometimes I wish I did. 

Sleep overs were not a thing when I grew up but bedwetting was popular topic with the mother's mafia so it was never any secret I or anyone else in our street wet the bed.

On 10/27/2023 at 11:42 PM, Nyte Kitsune said:

I don't think anyone considered it a medical issue when I was growing up. Certainly our Doctor wasn't concerned. "Oh he'll grow out of it in his own time " was the stock answer.

7 hours ago, stevewet said:

I don't think anyone considered it a medical issue when I was growing up. Certainly our Doctor wasn't concerned. "Oh he'll grow out of it in his own time " was the stock answer.

We, or at least I, grew up in the “spare the rod spoil the child” era where bedwetting was thought to be a behavior problem and so treated.