LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

sleeping in diapers or wetting the bed

oldwetter66

On 11/19/2018 at 5:51 PM, wetmonkey said:

I much prefer wearing diapers, though my accidents are not every night I find I just sleep better diapered and not as paranoid about potentially wetting the bed.

I think that depends (sorry for the pun) on whether you sleep with somebody. Ive slept alone for a long time now and actually for more than a decade. So paranoid issues arent really relevant. Im more concerned about the hassle of laundry and cleaning up if I have an accident without a diaper. But Im not working anymore either so thats not even as big a deal now.

• 11 months later...

I sleep with a disposable diaper that has a cloth diaper pull-up over that and baby pants.  Leaks still happen, like last night where it leaked all over my jammies and blankie.  Our bed is fully protected, daddy sleeps in diapers too.  I sometimes will put a goodnights bed pad on the bed especially since I am on diuretics.

• 3 weeks later...

I was a bedwetter until my mid-teens. My parents seldom had me wear diapers, they thought the cold wet sheets and blankets would encourage me to stop bedwetting.   I actually did HATE bedwetting as a kid, the wet bedding would wake me up, and I'd lose a lot of sleep, moving around the bed all night, trying to find a dry spot. 

I started wetting the bed again in my mid 20's, and I've been a bedwetter for over 30 years now. The difference now as an adult is that I'm always diapered, usually in thick cotton diapers and plastic pants. I sleep good now,  since a warm wet diaper is much more comfortable  than cold wet bedding.

• Like 3
On 11/24/2019 at 4:12 AM, Diapered Dave said:

I was a bedwetter until my mid-teens. My parents seldom had me wear diapers, they thought the cold wet sheets and blankets would encourage me to stop bedwetting.   I actually did HATE bedwetting as a kid, the wet bedding would wake me up, and I'd lose a lot of sleep, moving around the bed all night, trying to find a dry spot. 

I started wetting the bed again in my mid 20's, and I've been a bedwetter for over 30 years now. The difference now as an adult is that I'm always diapered, usually in thick cotton diapers and plastic pants. I sleep good now,  since a warm wet diaper is much more comfortable  than cold wet bedding.

Could not agree more, I hated the cold wet bed at 3.00 in the morning, which went on for years. I asked my mother for nappies at 10 years old but was turned down. Boarding school was not easy although the wetting slowed to once a week, the school were very understanding and I shared a dorm with 5 other bedwetters. I put myself back in night time nappies at 20 (dating was not easy) and 24/7 at 64. So much happier now even without my prostate!

• Like 1

I still wear cloth diapers and plastic pants every night.  I grew up in them as a bedwetter until my late teens,  and started wearing again 20 years ago  when my bedwetting returned in my late 30's. 

On 11/23/2019 at 11:12 PM, Diapered Dave said:

My father was opposed to diapers for overaged bedwetting because he thought it made wetting too comfortable. I hated bedwetting too until after puberty when I didnt want the rubber sheet taken off my bed and I found ways to keep it.

On 11/27/2019 at 10:15 AM, rubbersheetmike said:

My father was opposed to diapers for overaged bedwetting because he thought it made wetting too comfortable. I hated bedwetting too until after puberty when I didnt want the rubber sheet taken off my bed and I found ways to keep it.

Why did puberty suddenly make you want to keep your rubber sheet?

On 11/29/2019 at 11:51 AM, iampadded said:

Why did puberty suddenly make you want to keep your rubber sheet?

I liked the feel of the rubber sheet and was physchologicly attached to it. As my bedwetting declined I didnt want to give up the security of the rubber sheet.

• 2 months later...

For me as someone who is largely incontinent, diapers are the only practical option for a comfortable and restful sleep. Plus the cost of replacing an unprotected mattress every few months saturated with pee isn't practical. Like Kaliborio, I too am a germophobe when it comes to incontinence hygiene. I can handle smelly morning diapers but sleeping nightly on a reeking mattress soaked-up with weeks old fermenting pee is over the line for me. Plus I hate the time and expense doing loads of laundry washing wet sheets when diapers can keep this down to a minimum.

I sleep on my back and sides and have minimal leaks because I wear plastic pants over the disposable diaper in addition to a mattress pad to catch the few minor leaks I do get from time to time. I also have my bed raised at an incline (about 7-8 inches) to manage the GERD I can get. This has a secondary benefit in that it offers a slight gravity assist helping the pee flow into the diaper better when I sleep-wet.

• 2 months later...

I much rather sleep in a diaper and wake up in just the diaper wet, than having the bed soaked and having all that laundry to do which I don't know about you, but it's a heavy chore.

After my accident I had no choice but to wear diapers to bed. Even though I wear a pretty absorbent diaper at night, my wife also bought a mattress protector for our bed. Wet sheets are alot better than having to replace our mattress. 

• Like 1