LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

sleeping in diapers or wetting the bed

oldwetter66

Apparently and DONT ask me why. Males are more   at risk of becoming  bed wetters  and us wimen gets  Nocturia   MOST of the time   (based on medical    articles  )   Days  pretty mush the same  both genders  tho in both Urine and  Fecal IC.         

20 hours ago, sport said:

That is always the question why do males wet the bed a lot more than females.My wife never has a problem with wetting.

As adults I think it is more equal but certainly growing up more boys wet than girls.

45 minutes ago, stevewet said:

As adults I think it is more equal but certainly growing up more boys wet than girls.

This has been proven many times over, but AFAIK nobody has really been able to pin down the exact cause(s). During adulthood women tend to become incontinent more, especially after pregnancies, surgeries, and menopause, due to physical body changes. Men react similarly with prostrate issues (including surgery) but to a lesser degree. Accidental injuries have an equal effect for both.

Bettypooh

:rolleyes:

Go ahead and rant!!! Educate us! I for one am looking at prefold cloth from Baby-Pants. I need advice on the size and plastic pants size to cover it all. if the leg elastics are really loose, do you attempt to tuck the excess under the diaper? Educate us!

I have mostly used disposable, I wear 24/7, and I don't always wet the bed, but since i have on a lot of padding if I wake up I just let loose. I have a well protected mattress, its a hospital mattress. Invocare, its more cost effective than constantly buying the zip up covers at $20 each, we have a split king adjustable bed so its really 2 long twins.  I don't like to sleep on sheets. I have always been a plastic lover. I also save on laundry, by not using sheets.  But for the side sleepers, I have found an idea,,, There is a pad insert thats in a 30 pack, you need to cut it in to so it 2 separate pads. And use it on the very inside of my diapers, use one on each side for me it soaks up most of the leakage that the disposable diapers don't get. You will need to adjust them to your fit. It works for me. I only wear to bed for my wife. If my wife wet also I would just let it flow at night a lay in it. :D

On 11/6/2018 at 7:14 AM, stevewet said:

I think your right. Ive read that for younger people males outnumber female overage bedwetters by about two to one. I dont know the reason for this but have read that males develop bladder control more slowly and more tend to be deep sleepers. Maybe theres a hormone explanation too like in the amount of ADH produced but I dont know for sure? Interestingly when I recall my years at school decades ago there were more male pants wetters as well. I think that for older people its much more even. It would be interesting to see any studies done about this.

On 11/7/2018 at 9:07 PM, rubbersheetmike said:

I think your right. Ive read that for younger people males outnumber female overage bedwetters by about two to one. I dont know the reason for this but have read that males develop bladder control more slowly and more tend to be deep sleepers. Maybe theres a hormone explanation too like in the amount of ADH produced but I dont know for sure? Interestingly when I recall my years at school decades ago there were more male pants wetters as well. I think that for older people its much more even. It would be interesting to see any studies done about this.

Youre absolutely right  according to what i have managed to dig up reg  young   boys and females   BUT  reg females  we  seem to get   more DAY time ONLY rather  then the other way for males.  Witch also is the majority of bed wetters  and also  80  %  of  Bed wetters  ONLY    have Bed  wetting  and NOTHING more .  However there are  of course   known risk factors for becoming Bed wetter  as well.  ( again  taken from medical   sources  ) 

Causes of adult bedwetting

·         Genetics. One of the first places to look for causes of urinary incontinence is whether there is a family history of bedwetting.

·         Urinary tract infection (UTI)

·         Small bladder

·         Diabetes

• Kidney disease

·         Enlarged prostate gland

·         Prostate cancer

·         Bladder cancer

·         Side effects of medications

·         Stress, anxiety, fear, and other psychological issues

·         Neurological disorder,   NPD  Neurological  Psychological  Disorders  (ie ADHD  ,ASD   …. ) 

·         Sleep apnea

• An imbalance of the antidiuretic hormone (ADH) 
  •  
  • Trying to find anything on female Bed wetting is a blank on the Webb believe me ive searched  and yet it does  exist  BUT is very rare  in comparison to male  Bed wetters both as  young  and  Adults  .                 

I sleep in a diaper all the time due to back problems. Lately I have developed urinary urge incontinence due to the back problems. I am now diapered 24/7. It's not a bad thing. I am beginning to realize it is actually more of a convenience to not have to stop what ever I am doing to take a bathroom break.

I only wet the bed once, a couple of months before I turned 10 and I was fast asleep. We did not even discuss it with the family doctor

The answer to the question may be found in the differences between the male and female urinary systems. The female system is fully endocorporeal. As such, the temperature of all the components is pretty uniform. The male system has and exocorporeal part; the widdler. Being externally mounted, it is cooler than the internal parts. This difference in temperature could be the culprit

7 hours ago, Little Christine said:

I only wet the bed once, a couple of months before I turned 10 and I was fast asleep. We did not even discuss it with the family doctor

The answer to the question may be found in the differences between the male and female urinary systems. The female system is fully endocorporeal. As such, the temperature of all the components is pretty uniform. The male system has and exocorporeal part; the widdler. Being externally mounted, it is cooler than the internal parts. This difference in temperature could be the culprit

Interesting  theory Christine   indeed  (nodding head  )  

Btw  happend to  stumble over  ONE  study  reg  Female  Bed wetters   

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4563018/   

15 hours ago, fillemup said:

I sleep in a diaper all the time due to back problems. Lately I have developed urinary urge incontinence due to the back problems. I am now diapered 24/7. It's not a bad thing. I am beginning to realize it is actually more of a convenience to not have to stop what ever I am doing to take a bathroom break.

There you go! :rolleyes:

14 hours ago, Little Christine said:

After reading your post, I began to wonder if it is externally mounted or extremely mounted (which is me) :o.

29 minutes ago, ppdude said:

After reading your post, I began to wonder if it is externally mounted or extremely mounted (which is me) :o.

Braggart!:)

I don't wet the bed and haven't since I was almost 6 years old, but if I was a bedwetter I would wear diapers to bed rather than just wet the bed.  For one, the diaper would save sleeping in a cold wet bed.  Secondly, it's much easier and less work to change out of a wet diaper in the morning than to have to change and wash bedding, sheets and pajamas every day.  I just can't see why anyone who regularly wets the bed several nights a week wouldn't wear a diaper instead of just wetting in the bed, having to wash all the bedding and ruining a mattress, plus the stale pee smell in the room!  That just doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Perfectly valid question dear.   

Me too il do EVERYTHING i can and is demanded  of me to achieve this if this is having to wear  THICK  HA diapers And  PVC or PUL pants   even by night & IC  bed wear   and  Mattress protection  then so be it. 

Old wetter   you have to keep in mind yes they are those that have a fetish of sleeping and wetting the bed  &  thats fine we al have our  kinks.

In our  situation were medically forced to deal with this  (both day and night  or just  day & just night  )  and so we normaly dont have that desire  due to we get that whether we like it or not if we dont wear  diapers to bed and or  day  (Again there are  those that  develop a desire to wet the bed  even as  medically IC but thats  more of a adjustment  and way to  deal with this problem )                               

I've become rather de-sensitized to the smell of stale pee over the years. More than a few times I've come into the house after work and got the door closed behind me before realizing how strong the smell was. Now I am in the habit of checking more or less regularly in case someone comes over :whistling: TBH I kind of like a bit of the smell at bedtime; something of a reminder that I'm living my dream of wearing 24/7 :girl_happy:In the same vein, I also like seeing wet spots on the sheet, a visual reminder of the same. There's just something comforting in being in bed soaked and leaking, but only if it doesn't get cold. I had enough of cold wet beds in my youth where I wasn't allowed the protection I needed :angry2: In getting older I find it very easy to doze off just about any time I'm tired, but trying to go to sleep in bed without a diaper doesn't work for me anymore; I just can't get to sleep for what can be hours, and when I do doze off it's a fitful, shallow, and restless sleep then.

I still rarely sleep through wetting, but when I do and I wake up soaked, I love seeing the wet sheets when I get up and as often as not I leave them exposed if it's not too bad. If they're dry when i get home from work that day I just leave them for later- no point in washing them if I'm just going to wet them again :roflmao: This all changes when my crazy gender-fluid 'girl side' emerges; she doesn't like wet beds or wet sheets and they have to be washed immediately. Which I suppose is correct for that situation- as a guy I'm a slob :blink: I have given up trying to make sense of any of it- I just tale everything in stride and look for whatever happiness I can get out of life wherever it comes from B)

Bettypooh

• Like 3
On 11/23/2018 at 7:11 AM, Kenseibert said:

I do sleep in diapers and wake up in a wet diaper. Sometimes diaper does leak since I am a side sleeper. I lay on a reusable under-pad to catch the leaks.

Same here.

So I need advice!!! I’m 2 shy 2 buy my own diapers…my ex gf used to buy them for me bc she is the reason I started wearing them…i used to wet my bed but stopped in my teens and then after taking my new adhd meds started to again and ended up wetting the bed with my gf…well after I started wetting the bed often she got tired of getting soaked too so she suggested I try goodnites for a while until it stopped or slowed down but I was 2 embarrassed to agree so one day she just came in with a pack and swore it was our secret and I finally agreed to try them for a while…well I ended up getting used to them and instated to wet in bed much more than usual until it was every night…i used to wake up sometimes needing to pee but I figured I’m wearing a diaper so I just wet myself in bed and went to sleep..well I ended up regressing myself completely to fulltime bedwetter as when I was ypunger…well we broke up after 2 years of her buying them for me and now I’m back to wetting my bed without them and its getting crazy and harder to hide my lil issue…i have to do laundry nonstop and my mattress is getting very stained on both sides bc I flip it  in the morning when I don’t have time to clean it thoroughly and so my mom don’t see it..im sure she’s got an idea that I’m wetting my bed bc I strip my bed everyday and hide them and my wet pjs and boxer briefs in a bag in my closet until I get home..so I’m starting to slightly think my room smells like a bedwetters again…i also never use my good comforter anymore so I don’t ruin it…anyway im confused on what to do now about my little embarrassing situation?? If I do continue to wear a diaper to bed I’ll never quit wetting my bed but if I don’t I’ll ruin my bed and get my room smelling like a pissy mattress always…i really did pretty much stop wetting my bed completely at like 14 except a rare accident but hardly ever until I started taking adhd meds a couple years ago and even then it was not a lot at most 2-3 times per week but my gf basically forced me to wear goodnites to bed and that’s why I am back to always wetting my bed again..im too old for this and am scared for people to find out my lil issue…to be honest I enjoy waking up in a warm wet bed or diaper..i think I like it bc when I was young I would wet my bed all the time and got used to the feeling and even sometimes would wake up needing to pee and just soak my pjs and bed and lay in it and go back to sleep until morning…but it’s not as nice waking up in a cold wet bed….i usually wake up not long after I actually wet my bed bc it’s still very soaked and warm most the time…well what should I do??? Any advice would be nice to hear…also I want to have a girl spend the night with me again and don’t know what to do about that??? Do I tell her before she spends the night or just try to hide that I’m wearing a diaper bc that might be impossible…i wish I had a gf who also wet the bed so it wouldn’t be a problem.

5 hours ago, Wetbed84 said:

So I need advice!!! I’m 2 shy 2 buy my own diapers…my ex gf used to buy them for me bc she is the reason I started wearing them…i used to wet my bed but stopped in my teens and then after taking my new adhd meds started to again and ended up wetting the bed with my gf…well after I started wetting the bed often she got tired of getting soaked too so she suggested I try goodnites for a while until it stopped or slowed down but I was 2 embarrassed to agree so one day she just came in with a pack and swore it was our secret and I finally agreed to try them for a while…well I ended up getting used to them and instated to wet in bed much more than usual until it was every night…i used to wake up sometimes needing to pee but I figured I’m wearing a diaper so I just wet myself in bed and went to sleep..well I ended up regressing myself completely to fulltime bedwetter as when I was ypunger…well we broke up after 2 years of her buying them for me and now I’m back to wetting my bed without them and its getting crazy and harder to hide my lil issue…i have to do laundry nonstop and my mattress is getting very stained on both sides bc I flip it  in the morning when I don’t have time to clean it thoroughly and so my mom don’t see it..im sure she’s got an idea that I’m wetting my bed bc I strip my bed everyday and hide them and my wet pjs and boxer briefs in a bag in my closet until I get home..so I’m starting to slightly think my room smells like a bedwetters again…i also never use my good comforter anymore so I don’t ruin it…anyway im confused on what to do now about my little embarrassing situation?? If I do continue to wear a diaper to bed I’ll never quit wetting my bed but if I don’t I’ll ruin my bed and get my room smelling like a pissy mattress always…i really did pretty much stop wetting my bed completely at like 14 except a rare accident but hardly ever until I started taking adhd meds a couple years ago and even then it was not a lot at most 2-3 times per week but my gf basically forced me to wear goodnites to bed and that’s why I am back to always wetting my bed again..im too old for this and am scared for people to find out my lil issue…to be honest I enjoy waking up in a warm wet bed or diaper..i think I like it bc when I was young I would wet my bed all the time and got used to the feeling and even sometimes would wake up needing to pee and just soak my pjs and bed and lay in it and go back to sleep until morning…but it’s not as nice waking up in a cold wet bed….i usually wake up not long after I actually wet my bed bc it’s still very soaked and warm most the time…well what should I do??? Any advice would be nice to hear…also I want to have a girl spend the night with me again and don’t know what to do about that??? Do I tell her before she spends the night or just try to hide that I’m wearing a diaper bc that might be impossible…i wish I had a gf who also wet the bed so it wouldn’t be a problem.

I think you may have to accept that you will probably always wet the bed as you have allowed it to become the norm. I have long since accepted and embraced my bedwetting. Good nappies, plastic pants and a mattress protector are now essential. As for a girlfriend. They are out there I mean good ones who will just accept you as you are.

@Wetbed84 When life hands you only choices which you don't like, about all you can do is take the best choice you have out of the bunch and go with it. It seems to me that by net wearing you're having all kinds of problems, many of which would disappear by themselves by you simply wearing diapers to bed. Wearing would introduce other problems which you don't have now but to me anyway those would be a lot easier to deal with. Just make sure that if you do begin wearing to bed that your diapers are up to the job of usually keeping the bed dry which is going to be the main thing you want to achieve here. Instead of looking for reasons to not wear, just focus on the main problem- a wet bed and wet clothing- and then look for the best solution you have available to you which can solve that problem. Nothing is going to get any better for you without changing what you're doing now and trying another approach.

If you want better than you have now then you are going to have to make that happen somehow- it's not going to happen any other way. That's the bottom line.

Bettypooh