LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

sleeping in diapers or wetting the bed

oldwetter66

2 hours ago, oldwetter66 said:

Do you sleep in diapers or wet the bed or do your diapers leak? when my wetting started I had A lot of wet beds I am A side sleeper I read that diapers tend to make you wet more too

I sleep in diapers.  After switching from cloth to disposables leaks were an issue, but that’s pretty well resolved now.

Not more in total volume, but with diapers one generally has more frequent releases of smaller volumes.  Makes sense, there’s no reason to wait when diapered.  Plus diapers tend to function better with small releases which likely influences wetting volume/frequency.

I wear diapers to bed every night because of wetting the bed, I wear plastic or rubber pants over my diaper, so if I am on my side I don't leak and wet the bed. Works well for me.Smiles

I am profoundly urinary incontinent. At home and sometimes on the road I wear pinned gauze diapers inside pull-on vinyl panties. My bed always has a waterproof sheet. For road trips I carry waterproof sheets. Only when a trip is more than a day do I wear disposables to bed and those are covered by vinyl panties.

During work days I wear disposables; currently those are GoodNites Tru-Fit.

I have urge urinary incontinece and wear a disposable diaper 24/7. I’ve grown accustomed to my diapers to the point that I regard them in the way most people regard their underwear; and needing to change my diaper three or four times every 24 hours has become a routine activity that I neither particularly dislike nor enjoy. However, I absolutely despise wet pants or a wet bed. My diapers have to work! Fortunately, the modern disposables that I wear do work 99.9% of the time. 

For me It depends... If I'm lucky and had good times I wet the bed one or two times a week. I sleep better without diapers - and then I use only a bed pad. How ever for whatever reasons this changes from time to time.  In the moment I wet myself nearly every night and I’m back to diapers because this is much easier as to wash every day...    

On 10/27/2018 at 5:59 PM, oldwetter66 said:

Do you sleep in diapers or wet the bed or do your diapers leak? when my wetting started I had A lot of wet beds I am A side sleeper I read that diapers tend to make you wet more too

Yes, if they've been leaked in at the usual rate; if heavy soakings happen then a change is in order before going to sleep. Yes, many mornings the bed gets wet and sheets have to be washed. I am a side sleeper like you. Thank God for the super duper fitted protector sheet; it keeps things simple and clean. The ONLY diaper I've had that doesn't leak is a big, thick, cloth pull- up/with vinyl pants that hug the legs. Every other diaper, including cloth can't catch side leaks. The best disposable for me is the Dry 24/. When I get it on right works very well and leaks are more rare.

I wear diapers to bed every night because of wetting the bed. I am a side sleeper also and my diaper leaks most night. the leak is caught by a reusable under pad. washing an under pad is a lot less to wash than all the sheets on the bed.

7 hours ago, Kenseibert said:

I wear diapers to bed every night because of wetting the bed. I am a side sleeper also and my diaper leaks most night. the leak is caught by a reusable under pad. washing an under pad is a lot less to wash than all the sheets on the bed.

Pads are great, but they get way too warm or just plain hot. Makes sleeping dificult.

On 10/28/2018 at 3:22 PM, Newbee said:

I wear diapers to bed and I’m also a side sleeper I’ve only ever leaked once and every morning my diaper is really soaked

Is it easier for females with diapers to stay dry? I think for a lot of guys leaking is a big problem but the plumbing is different.

57 minutes ago, rubbersheetmike said:

Is it easier for females with diapers to stay dry? I think for a lot of guys leaking is a big problem but the plumbing is different.

Not Newbee or female, but I got to believe disposables work better for females with little or no difference between the sexes with cloth.  Seems like there would be a market for a “male” disposable diaper that has additional absorbency in the front center and wings.

• Like 1

For me, any kind of disposable that gets wet in bed means a wet bed (I am a side sleeper).  A wet bed means a poor night's sleep and spousal displeasure.  A Babykins pull-on cloth diaper with Babykins pull-on double terry layer diaper underneath means a wet bum but a dry bed which is how I like it.

I wear disposable diapers to bed and have for the last 6 yrs due to an accident. I have no control over my bladder when I'm asleep. Sometimes I'm not very wet or a morning, but other times I'm soaked. I use a booster pad in my diapers to help with absorbancy. I sometimes wear diapers during the daytime also.

2 hours ago, Needingababysitter said:

I wear disposable diapers to bed and have for the last 6 yrs due to an accident. I have no control over my bladder when I'm asleep. Sometimes I'm not very wet or a morning, but other times I'm soaked. I use a booster pad in my diapers to help with absorbancy. I sometimes wear diapers during the daytime also.

Same here. Although, I've been wearing cloth during the day. By bedtime, I'm very wet and put on a disposable at night. They both leak almost every night as I unload so much. I have boosters, but not in the habit of wearing them. It may be time to start as I'm tired of the wet sheet and towels to soak up the pee. Doing laundry almost every day. The mattress protector works great but the fitted sheet is like swimming in a pool. Don't know how wet I or the bed is until I get up and can assess the damage. Putting down a pad is just too hot. Oh well.

9 minutes ago, ppdude said:

Same here. Although, I've been wearing cloth during the day. By bedtime, I'm very wet and put on a disposable at night. They both leak almost every night as I unload so much. I have boosters, but not in the habit of wearing them. It may be time to start as I'm tired of the wet sheet and towels to soak up the pee. Doing laundry almost every day. The mattress protector works great but the fitted sheet is like swimming in a pool. Don't know how wet I or the bed is until I get up and can assess the damage. Putting down a pad is just too hot. Oh well.

I do use a matress protector on my bed. I have used the goodnite bedmats before. 

Diapers. Some of my Earliest Memories are about waking up cold  and wet. I've Always hated diaper leaks and my poor mother used to go to Extraordinary Lengths to prevent them.

That said, you can make a Paper Diaper work, but that really Isn't your job, it's the Manufacturer's. I have NEVER found a paper diaper that worked! They all leak, the tapes Fail, the waterproof covers have Pinholes, the SAPs Clump, and the Rated Absorbency is Always False!

This is where I normally insert my "Cloth Diaper Rant"... learn how to Fold, Pin, etc. and get a Good Night's Sleep.

Paper diaper Bad

Cloth Diaper Good

?

• Like 1
19 hours ago, ppdude said:

I usually wake up completely soaking wet most mornings because I pee heavily during my sleep.