LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What’s in the box?

How do you answer the question from curious people (friends/family/roommates/postal workers), “what’s in the box?” Whenever you receive a new case of diapers [and you don’t want them knowing it’s diapers]?

I’ve always been so poor at answering this! Looking for a good excuse, since the question seems to come up more often for me nowadays lol

My kids are always the ones that are the most curious about what is in the big box.  My wife and I generally say stuff for my job.  My sixteen year old stepdaughter has always been the one that was most curious.  I am 99% sure she now knows what is in the big boxes that get delivered regularly as she signed for a badly damaged package of diapers one time and it was impossible to not see what was inside particularly for someone that had a lot of curiosity.  Luckily for me they were plain white Rearz Inspire + Incontrol diapers and not pink diapers with princesses on them.

I managed to change the subject the only time it happened to me - when my neighbour took in the delivery, then asked what was in the boxes.  That's certainly one advantage of wearing cloth nappies - I don't get big packages delivered much now, so I can worry a bit less.

I've never had it come up at my place. Back when I lived with my parents I was wearing crappy Depends and not ordering stuff online. Now I'm single and have my own place. I don't order stuff that often, but when I do it is large orders. Usually 2-6 cases at a time. My housing track is all half acre lots so the houses aren't right on top of each other like most CA homes. I'm also on a corner lot which leaves me with only one neighbor to deal with. Better still, my front porch/door is shielded by my garage on one side and guest bedrooms on the other side so there is only a very narrow window from the street that my packages can be seen. 

I did order a package of M4's while in NY and had them shipped to my grandmothers house. I was originally only supposed to be staying there for 5 days and packed diapers accordingly. Unfortunately my grandmother passed while I was visiting so I stayed in NY to help my mother with the funeral arraignments. One of my grandmothers tenants brought the box in the house for me and set it aside for me. I had also purchased a Bluetooth speaker  in the same order so after the diapers were in my room I made a comment on how Amazon always uses big boxes on small stuff as I took the box to the trash. 

I have been asked a few times by my mom or younger brother, I think they both know anyways and I dont really feel like outright saying "its diapers", I feel like I shouldn't even be asked, I pay for a lot of the household bills (I have for years now) and i have my own money to buy things with.

My wife (who is totally aware and supportive of me wearing diapers) asks me this all the time and I can't wrap my head around why she does it. I tell her its diapers every time, so you would think she would get it eventually.

I've been asked once or twice by other folks and have always been able to brush off the question.  If pressed I'd probably say something like 'I think it's pillows' or maybe 'a big order of pet food'. 

On 10/31/2018 at 10:55 AM, vvp39 said:

Purina Otter Chow...?

Lol!

Back in the day when I was, for real, feeding sea otters as part of an otter rehabilitation program they ate nothing but the best. Restuarant quality seafood by the pound! Those little guys chow through unbelievable amounts of food... like 25% of their body weight a day.

• Like 1

They never ask me what’s in the box but they do ask what’s in the bag. I wear 24/7 and this automatically implies I have to bring diapers to work. I carry them in a city bag. Usually I’ll put ten diapers in the bag. When they ask why I carry the same bag around I’ll tell them it is rain wear even when it is a bright sunny day, they never seem to wonder.

Close to the holidays (like from August on) I just say "Christmas gifts.  If this box is opened, I'm sending it right back."  Keeps the curious away LOL.   Other than that, it's "just personal stuff" or "It's either clothes or sex toys. Wanna open the box and find out?"  No one's taken me up on that offer, though I did get a few disgusted looks. ?

• Like 1

Most of the time, I give a sarcastic answer like "Stuff". In situations where that isn't appropriate, I will tell them my friend had a gift for his wife shipped to my house so she wouldn't see it. It explains why I'm not going to open it in front of them.