LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Health Benefits of Diapers

I posted previously about drinking more so I can pee more.  Here is a fair use excerpt about why you should not hold your poop:

from https://www.gutsense.org/gutsense/sensitivity.html

Once out of diapers, our bowels become captive to an endless variety of circumstances incompatible with health — we simply can‘t respond immediately to an urge to defecate while in the middle of the highway, halfway through the meeting, presentation, concert, date, and similar circumstances. Inevitably, we learn to suppress and defer involuntary reflexes for considerable stretches of time until the circumstances are just right — and that‘s dependence.

Alas, that valuable social asset (the ability to hold in one‘s gases or stools) eventually becomes a liability, and a precursor to irregularity and an inevitable dependence on fiber to fix it, for the same reasons other repetitive deeds turn into a predictable fate — diminished anorectal sensitivity.

Civilization comes with a price: a disruption of the rhythm and harmony of natural living.

By the teenage years, the ability to control the anal muscles without crossing one‘s legs becomes stronger, the nerve plexus less sensitive, and the anal muscles more tense. Unfortunately, the seemingly harmless habit of suppressing defecation eventually creates gut-wrenching problems that are the hallmark of irregularity and chronic constipation: increased size, mass, and weight of stools, fecal impaction, nerve damage, colorectal distention, and hemorrhoidal disease, caused by muscular tension inside the anal canal, which is applied to suppress defecation.

Because the defecation urge is as innate as thirst or hunger, there‘s really no “healthy” way of dealing with suppression, except avoiding and preventing situations when you actually need to suppress the urge.

[To induce a movement] Relax for a moment, and slowly drink a glass of warm water. Soon, you‘ll do it.
If the damage hasn't gone far, don't suppress stools, and you'll be fine.

All things in moderation.  Yes, if in a meeting or driving your car on the highway, you don't want to let your bowels just empty by themselves.  I think there is a difference health wise in holding them for days or holding it for an hour or so until your meeting is done or you reach a nearby McDonalds or rest area.  Let's look at it a different way.  You are in a meeting and you have to poop.  You hold it for an hour until the meeting is over or there is a break so everyone can use the restroom.  That hour or two is not going to cause you chronic constipation or health problems.  Holding it for days, maybe, but not for an hour or two.  

Now let's look at it a different way.  You are in the same meeting but you wear diapers 24/7 so whenever you have the slightest need to poop, you poop in your pants and your diaper contains it (you hope).  In the above situation you wait an hour or two to go to the bathroom to poop.  In this situation, you will still have to change that poopy diaper so you wait an hour or two for a break or the meeting to end to go to the bathroom and change your messy diaper.  Either way, you will be waiting an hour or so to take care of things. 

Here is what you need to consider.  Your body and bowels are designed to hold your wastes for periods of time to give you a chance to eliminate them from your body in a proper and convenient place without harm to your body.  Otherwise everyone would have no sphincters, bladders or bowels and be constantly wetting and pooping everywhere as they sat, walked, shopped, ate, played sports or did anything!  Holding your poop for a couple hours now and then if needed based on some situations like driving or in a business meeting is simply not going to do harm to your body unless you have some rare or unusual medical abnormality, in which case it probably wouldn't make a difference anyway.

Say you did wear diapers 24/7/365 and just let your body poop out your wastes automatically.  You are in that meeting or driving down that highway.  Your body drops a big load in your diaper.  It starts burning because you ate something spicy or maybe you scraped your butt  when getting your clothes on or changing your diaper and there is a raw spot.  Now you are driving down the highway in your car or sitting in your loaded diaper or in your 2 hour meeting.  You are sitting in those wastes for the same hour or two it would have taken you to wait to go to the bathroom.  Your feces works it's way up front and now it's getting in your urethra.  Next thing you know you have a severe urinary tract infection and diaper rash, not from just one occasional meeting or car trip but because you are constantly in messy diapers all the time. 24/7/365.  No, you say?  It has happened to many people and while it may not happen, the chances of it happening and causing a problem to your body is greater than damage to your body by holding your poop for a couple hours while in a meeting or driving down the highway.  It's not just an occasional possibility either since having no bowel or sphincter to hold it means you will be sitting in it almost constantly unless you immediately change diapers whenever any mess happens (which could mean changing diapers every hour with no bowel or sphincter and it just coming out all the time).  If holding it in for a few hours would cause a big health problem, better to have a colostomy and a bag to hold it instead of wearing your feces in a diaper all over your butt and risk UTI's and skin breakdown on your butt.

If you want to wear diapers and just mess them whenever you feel the slightest urge, go ahead!  No one needs any study from someone who believes it's better to just go in your pants instead of holding it for a couple hours to justify crapping your diapers.  Just do it!  There are always different studies people can look up, same as different opinions on anything from politics to religion.  I'm sure people can find just as many supporting good health by holding your eliminations for a proper time and place to eliminate them from our bodies.

Our bodies are designed to temporarily retain wastes when we need to. It is unhealthy to over-do that, but most of us don't approach that point. I feel it is far more natural to expel our wastes as soon as the need to do so is perceived- this is what all other mammals do. It is only our social structure which inhibits that behavior. I don't like poopy pants so I don't go there, but I love wearing a wet diaper so I do that and pee freely without making any effort to retain my urine. As long as what you do doesn't create problems for you or involve someone else unwillingly there is no wrong in it. Be happy.

Bettypooh