LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Why cant some parents properly dispose of diapers?

I'm sure most of us have seen a used baby diaper or two in random spots (grocery store parking lots, the beach, hiking trails, etc), in NJ they caught a man dumping loads of his grandsons used diapers near highways, even causing a motorcyclist to crash (minor injuries but the motorcycle was totaled).

Apparently he is only being charged $1000 fine for dumping the loads of used diapers and seems to have done it for thrills.

Idk why those parents cant at least put the used diaper in a plastic bag, tie it up and dispose of it a short time later.

http://www.stgnews.com/news/archive/2018/10/24/apc-authorities-nab-suspected-serial-diaper-dumper/#.W9KZQPkpAwB

I live in New Jersey, and I’m a professional Driver, so I’m on the roads all the time. I’m somewhat surprised, you don’t see more then you do out there. It always baffles me, when I see the loads of trash on the roads. Really, you couldn’t hold on to that empty Starbucks cup, till you got to a trash can! ??? I do occasionally see a diaper or two also, and what I assume is one, when I see a small bag tied at the top. I have seen adult diapers at roadside too. So, not just the baby ones out there. 

Oh, and that guy in the story, he should be walking the road picking up trash, as part of his punishment! 

• Like 1

Because people are slobs!  Sometimes you should walk in their houses and see how they live!  Trash all over the place, mice, garbage, roaches, smell, dog feces and urine in the carpet, etc.  Drive by some houses in the country sometimes.  No grass, shingles off, Patches of wood here and there, yard strewn with old tires, rusted junk everywhere, an old broken down car, garage falling down.  Some people are raised that way.  I knew someone who was just as nice a person as could be but their house was always a mess.  Same way with her parents. Clothes dumped on the floor and furniture, papers strewn around and nothing ever picked up or put away.  When your parents live like that, often their offspring aren't taught any better and feel it's perfectly OK to live that way too.  Some rental houses are particularly bad since the person renting doesn't own the property (especially if they get section 8 assistance that pays their rent for them).  I had a relative who rented a house he owned to a young couple.  When they took a trip he decided to put a new stove in the house (and had their permission).  When he went in, the house was torn up!  Garbage everywhere and some damage.  They even just threw the garbage and used diapers down the basement stairs and left them there for weeks!  My relative called the woman's dad to come over.  He showed him the house and said, "Would you live like this in your house?"  The dad said, "No".  My relative said, "I'm not going to allow it either!"  I believe he gave them one more chance and said the house had to be cleaned top to bottom, damage repaired, trash taken out regularly and if it ever came close to being like it was, they were out of there.  By the way, he put the new stove in his own house and gave them his old one instead.

I agree with Id0ntknow and AbabeBill.  Make the guy live in his house full of week old fermenting wet and dirty diapers for a month!  Make him and everyone else who dumps diapers or trash along the road or parking lots walk the highways 8 hours a day picking up trash with their bare hands!  Some do it because they are just creeps and filthy people and that's how they live.  Others do it because they may have a kid who is in diapers and may have to change them in their car.  They just don't think ahead and prepare for it.  They know enough to pack a diaper bag with diapers, wipes, powder and all that but they never think to bring along plastic bags to put the dirty diapers in.  maybe they think there will always be a trash can handy when they have to change their kid, like in a restroom.  When they change their kid in their car, they don't want to stink the car up or drive around with a dirty diaper so they just toss it out anywhere to get rid of it and get it out of their car.  Perhaps the laws should be changed so instead of just a fine for dumping trash, they could be fined much more for dumping hazardous waste.  After all, in hospitals they consider body fluids hazardous waste material.  Some people just don't care where they dump their stuff as long as it's not around where they are, such as tossing trash out the car window and driving away.  No concious and they don't care.  I bet they would care if the state trouper pulled them over and gave them a $500 ticket for littering! 

He should not only have to pick up roadside trash, I also think he should pay some kind of money to the Motorcyclist for the injuries they suffered and having a totaled bike.

I really don't care if people want to live in filth in their homes (if they are the owners), otherwise there is no excuse for being such slobs in rented property or just using the world as your garbage can because it is apparently "so hard" to find a garbage can for these people.

Many years ago, when I was in college, our city was charging residents by the pound to dispose household garbage. So many of the locals would simply drive to the student section of town and drop their trash in apartment dumpsters. I caught a few people doing that at my own apartment complex. Every now and then someone would get hauled into court on misdemeanor trespassing. I never knew what the penalty was. And I never heard about anyone dumping trash out in the open.

Interestingly, recycling was free!

11 hours ago, repetitivediaperwetter88 said:

Well, while working in Customer service for over a year I have answer to your question. People are Fucking Idiots. Plan and simple. 

Very, Very true. Working retail, or any kind of customer service job teaches quickly that the general population is about as smart as a wall.

On 10/26/2018 at 12:35 PM, id0ntknow said:

Very, Very true. Working retail, or any kind of customer service job teaches quickly that the general population is about as smart as a wall.

How dare you to insult a wall like that :roflmao: Sad that there's truth in the comparison though.

Around here, littering gets you a fine and community service time which will be given as you picking up trash along the roadside in an orange jumpsuit along with all the work-release prisoners where everyone can see who you are :o That last part is rather effective as a deterrent most of the time. It should be universal.

Bettypooh

• Like 1

I agree with Betty, please don't insult the walls, I'd say some of my customers are as dumb as rocks, but I'd rather not insult the rocks either.  :P  

Its not that people aren't smart, it's that the younger generation has little to no common sense (With some exceptions, as some people really are just dumb or don't care).  I work at a gas station, I see dumb every day, you'd think it common sense not to light up a cigarette while pumping gas, but there is always someone doing it, we do tell them to move away from the pumps, but they rarely listen, one day I fear one of these idiots are going to blow me up. Same goes for littering, many people just don't care, if its not on their property, and some don't even care if it is on their own property. I have had people dump their trash right in front of the pump... right in front of the garbage can.... the empty one. Is it really that hard to move it a few more inches into the garbage can? Apparently so.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Nyte Kitsune said:

I agree with Betty, please don't insult the walls, I'd say some of my customers are as dumb as rocks, but I'd rather not insult the rocks either.  :P  

Its not that people aren't smart, it's that the younger generation has little to no common sense (With some exceptions, as some people really are just dumb or don't care).  I work at a gas station, I see dumb every day, you'd think it common sense not to light up a cigarette while pumping gas, but there is always someone doing it, we do tell them to move away from the pumps, but they rarely listen, one day I fear one of these idiots are going to blow me up. Same goes for littering, many people just don't care, if its not on their property, and some don't even care if it is on their own property. I have had people dump their trash right in front of the pump... right in front of the garbage can.... the empty one. Is it really that hard to move it a few more inches into the garbage can? Apparently so.

I agree.  If it was me (and I don't know your boss but I would hope he is the type of person to back you up), I would go out to the pump and tell the idiot, "Do you see the sign that says 'NO SMOKING'?  If you can't read, there is a clear picture of a cigarette in a red circle with a slash through it!  What do you think that means?  It's extreamly dangerous to have any flame or lit item such as a cigarette near gas or a gas pump, especially while fueling your car!  Back away, put out the cigarette now and if you refuse, I will call the police for code violations and being a danger to the public and environment".  Likewise, I would tell the person who dumped the trash on the ground, "Excuse me, but would you pick that up and place it in the trash can we provide for our customers?  There is a $500 fine for littering and gas prices themselves are high enough without having to pay extra fines for littering".  Of course, I would show discretion if the guy was 300 pounds, 6 foot 5 and looked like a body builder!  So what if they get mad and refuse to come back?  They may be traveling though and you might never see them again anyway, or let them go somewhere else and blow up another station or throw their trash on someone else's pavement.  Maybe it's me, but I would say something to them (If my boss doesn't back me up about lit cigarettes I probably don't want to work in that dangerous place anyway). 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, FunTime said:

Fortunately, my city is allowing us to dispose of diapers (baby and adult) into the green bin with food scraps.  Hoping that they are somehow recycled, as opposed to straight trash.

I don't think they can be.  The most they could do would be to wash the organic matter out & re-use that as fertiliser or something.  The diapers themselves will stay in landfill for future generations to worry about, or be incinerated.  I don't think there's anything else they can do with them.  I'd be delighted to be proved wrong btw.

17 minutes ago, Stroller said:

I don't think they can be.  The most they could do would be to wash the organic matter out & re-use that as fertiliser or something.  The diapers themselves will stay in landfill for future generations to worry about, or be incinerated.  I don't think there's anything else they can do with them.  I'd be delighted to be proved wrong btw.

I don't know, but we are told to put them in our green bins, as part of compost.  Obviously there's a lot of sorting that gets done, maybe as most would assume they are soiled, that has something to do with it and they are removed by machine and entered into trash from there?  Not sure.

I'd love to ask that question on a tour though! lol

1 hour ago, FunTime said:

Fortunately, my city is allowing us to dispose of diapers (baby and adult) into the green bin with food scraps.  Hoping that they are somehow recycled, as opposed to straight trash.

Not to mention it's organic and recyclable!