LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Burt's Bees

With the ever present risk of nappy rash, naturally I like to take precautions. Up until now I've made do with sudocrem, but I've not been that fond of the smell owing to it reminding my wife and I of the 1000s of baby we nappies we've had to deal with as our little ones were babies.

So it was time for a change. I popped into Boots to see what else was available. Settled on the Burt's Bees stuff as it sounded amazing. Free from all the bad stuff found in other creams and completely natural. Tried it last night and it smells great. Very thick though, so your bum ends up with a good coating and it has left my tooshie wonderfully soft this morning. Well worth the money!

Anybody else use nappy creams regularly? Which do you use? And why do you use that one?

I use Sudocrem for exactly the reason you don't by the sound of it.  It's what we used for our kids when they were little, and so I associate it with nappies and babies.  When I was a kid it was zinc and castor oil, which I have used sometimes - I still love the smell.  For me, the other advantage of Sudocrem is that nobody's going to ask awkward questions about why it's in the bathroom cupboard.  It's always been there, along with the baby powder.

On 10/25/2018 at 8:43 AM, Stroller said:

I use Sudocrem for exactly the reason you don't by the sound of it.  It's what we used for our kids when they were little, and so I associate it with nappies and babies.

Sounds like it. Maybe it's just a bit too recent for us. Youngest is only a year or so out of wearing nappies so the smell of sudocrem immediately takes us back to having to change stinky children several times a day. I wear nappies because they're comfy and fun. I don't want to keep catching a whiff of sudocrem and keep being taken back to a time when I would've done anything to not have to change another nappy. It kinda takes the fun out of being in a nappy.

Catching the smell of Burt's Bees cream reminds me of nothing other than the fact I'm in a nappy, which is great.

8 minutes ago, Frogboy said:

Maybe it's just a bit too recent for us.

Ours are away at university now, which is why I've been able to come out of my AB closet.  I never minded changing nappies though.  All my AB side was confined to the rare occasions I had the house to myself for 20 years.  Now I'm making up for lost time.