LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Big Oops Today

This morning I was discoboulated and tired while rushing to the airport.  I went through the TSA checkpoint and my bag was flagged for extra inspection.  As the TSA officer opened up the zipper there was a completely used pink Dotty the Princess diaper that I had completely forgot was in my backpack!  I had changed out it of yesterday and often use my backpack as a hiding place to transfer it to the trash.  Needless to say I was as pink as the diaper.  The TSA officer looked at me and all I could muster saying is it is trash and nothing else.  He left the diaper in my bag, checked to make sure it did not contain explosive residue, and sent me on my way....used diaper and all.  

Shortly after wearing diapers permanently I grew out of the " I like to be humiliated by wearing pink diapers stage" and have tried to remain diligent keeping a low diaper profile and respecting others.  Today I felt bad for the TSA officer as that was something he should not have to had to deal with because of me being absent minded.  I will say he was so professional, did not wave my diaper around for everyone to see.  The bag scanner did ask him what it was and he responded back a dirty diaper.  I am thankful he kept it professional.  I find myself a little red faced as I board my flight this morning.

It would probably be really embarrassing if the person right behind you at the TSA check point was not only on the same flight as you but in the seat right next to you, if in fact they might have seen what the TSA agent saw when he opened the zippered compartment!   :16_EmoticonsHDcom:

I'm flying in a couple of weeks and I wouldn't want them to find my plain white diapers.  How many shades of red did you turn?  I'm planning on packing most of my diapers in my checked baggage and take one in my carry on just in case the luggage gets lost for a day.

I have been in a private room with TSA agents wearing a pink diaper with my pants pulled down in the past and I was probably more embarrassed then I would suppose.  In the case today my used diaper was not exposed to any other passenger thanks to the thoughtful TSA agent.  If he would have taken it out to throw it way in front of anyone I probably would have died.  And announcing there was a dirty diaper in my bag really does not alert anyone because as far as passengers know it could have been a baby's diaper.

I only bring white diapers with me now when I travel as well.  That is when I do not forget to remove the diaper from the day before. 

Mark,

I feel your pain and embarrassment.  I got caught by my mom with just a plain white ConfyDry 24/7 on my bathroom floor and she said nothing a few months back.  I know you want to be a sissy AB, but maybe go without the pretty pink princess diapers when you travel.  Not even the Crinklz (my preference), but rather the NorthShore  or 24/7 white when you travel.  that might be safer if you forget.

4 hours ago, lilzander382 said:

Mark,

I feel your pain and embarrassment.  I got caught by my mom with just a plain white ConfyDry 24/7 on my bathroom floor and she said nothing a few months back.  I know you want to be a sissy AB, but maybe go without the pretty pink princess diapers when you travel.  Not even the Crinklz (my preference), but rather the NorthShore  or 24/7 white when you travel.  that might be safer if you forget.

That is the thing.  I only travel with ABU Simples or Rearz Inspire + Incontrol.  The problem was the pink used diaper was from the day before and I had completely forgot it was stashed away in my backpack until the scanner flagged it.  It was just too early in the morning to remember  a pink pamper was in my bag.  

Our errors teach us what to watch out for to keep them from happening again. I'd say this is a lesson somewhat easily learned to be more careful with  your packing when you know you're going through a TSA line. Sometimes details matter a lot, and when they do you have to pay attention to them or they might bite you in the butt :o

Bettypooh

On 10/28/2018 at 12:05 PM, Bettypooh said:

Our errors teach us what to watch out for to keep them from happening again. I'd say this is a lesson somewhat easily learned to be more careful with  your packing when you know you're going through a TSA line. Sometimes details matter a lot, and when they do you have to pay attention to them or they might bite you in the butt :o

Bettypooh

Honestly in retrospect nothing really happened.  The TSA agent was respectful, discreet, and professional.  Hell, he even let me keep my used diaper.  When wearing diapers all the time eventually you are going to have that one akward moment or lackadaisical slip up that you will have to deal with.  I dealt with it with a smile and boarded my flight. 

4 minutes ago, MarkSmith said:

When wearing diapers all the time eventually you are going to have that one awkward moment or lackadaisical slip up that you will have to deal with. 

Only one? Boy, you're lucky- with me it's plenty of mistakes and rather regularly too :o:P Like having company over and they drop something in the trash can I meant to empty which has a wet diaper or the bag they come in right on top. Or a zipper-rip at work far from home when you didn't bring a change because you knew one Molicare was enough. Or leaks out in public when you decided a change could wait just a little bit longer. Or a pair of large safety pins on the bathroom sink hooked together where you removed a cloth diaper before showering but didn't put the pins away. The list goes on and on and on with me because I tend to be scatter-brained at times :rolleyes:

But yeah, you get used to the slip-ups- what else can you do? A sheepish smile, the words "Oh well!" thought or spoken, the feeling of your face flushing with redness, and a mental kicking of yourself in the pants to not do that again but knowing that you probably will anyway :whistling: It's just life in diapers and really that's not a big issue if you don't make it into one ^_^

Bettypoooh

11 hours ago, Bettypooh said:

Or leaks out in public when you decided a change could wait just a little bit longer.

This. I've had this happen several times- part of the reason I switched from super thin cloth-backed diapers that held like one wetting to thicker diapers like the Dry 24/7s.

Leaks can and do happen with any diaper. Popped tapes, manufacturing defects,  accidental damage and even just doing something you don't normally do can bring an unexpected leak. Going over capacity is just one way you can get a leak and can happen with everything from the cheapest to the best. With most diapers, you can find indicators of nearing capacity limits such as how high wetness is in back (or with some when the back feels wet at all), or how firm they are in the middle. But familiarity can also draw you into thinking you're got a little more capacity than you really do, so best to heed the warnings when they first appear whenever you can- an inconvenient diaper change is better than a leak ;)

Most of mine happen at the end of my workday when I want to get home, shower first, then change. Since I often do some quick shopping on the way, if things don't go quick enough I begin leaking in the store, and sometimes even before going inside. Since I always wear blue jeans and am dirty from work, minor leaks aren't very noticeable; people will presume that I sat on something wet (which I did- my diaper :P) but there have been more than a few times when the 'diaper smiles' have been quite evident when I peed more than I expected to before getting back to the car :rolleyes: It doesn't bother me too much anymore but I do try to avoid it when I can. I wear diaper, sometimes they leak- it's no big deal to me anymore except at work and at family events where do my best to keep the outside dry. 

I prefer plain diapers most of the time. I'm usually at home or not too far from here when I wear anything 'special' B) And I've developed my routine to a degree that makes it very hard for me to mess up and leave a diaper where someone else can see it. My worst is that I'll often toss a used one in the kitchen trash can when it's nearly full knowing I'll empty it the next morning, then getting an unexpected visitor. Sometimes I then remember it and sometimes not, but so far nobody has said anything after dropping something in there. When you're as absent-minded as I am, you learn to do everything by routine and never vary because nothing else works :angel_not: I still have problems when my routine gets interrupted, forgetting to complete it, and that has led to many close calls with many things in my life. I think that is part of why I can be so non-chalant about someone discovering my diapers or seeing me after I've leaked; I'm kind of used to those unexpected moments happening!

Bettypooh