LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Trump's latest attack on trans people

Lyra

This is a post for all of those of you who might have missed it. The Trump administration is planning to change the way gender markers through out the American bureaucratic system; that's everything from your drivers license, to 'entitlements', to court documents. They want to limit gender markers to male or female, going against most of the world, and a few states in allowing for non binary gender markers. Also removing the ability to change those markers when a person transitions, keeping things set to at birth, even requiring dna testing on those who refuse to cooperate.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/oct/21/trump-administration-define-transgender-out-of-existence-new-york-times

Now this is obviously disastrous for all trans people in the US, potentially rolling back decades of hard won rights and opening up trans people to far more discrimination than they currently face. Currently only 27 states have protections  for gender identity for employment and only 3 states have banned the gay/trans panic defence. So if this plans goes through an already ill protected minority will be at even greater risk.

This of course follows Trump's attempt to ban trans people from serving in the US military, that was thankfully denied by the US district court but the administration is still fighting that ban.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/mar/23/donald-trump-transgender-military-ban-white-house-memo

So I think it's clear this administrations opinions on LGBTQ people and they're not good. So please everyone who can vote in the US midterms this November, please vote, and remember your LGBTQ friends here and else where in the world because we're under attack, from many many angles and will need your support to stay safe. 

This is a hideous piece idea.

We are at the point where if you support Trump then you do not see transgender people as equal to you. Whatever the reasons for supporting him in the lead up to the election and since, if you have friends or know transgender people (if you are using this site you almost certainly do) you are basically telling them you don't respect them if you continue to support these ideas.

I'm not seeking to sway anyone's voting or anything like that I'm just stating a fact.

He is attacking the most vulnerable and weakest people in the country, not just transgender people but other groups too. It's a dangerous thing to do and will lead to a group of people who already suffer a disproporionate amount of abuse and self-harm problems to have even more issues. In my opinion, trying to do what the article states is monstrous.

I don't care what you think of me for saying it and I always try to look past people's political belief's when I speak to them... But, if you support Trump then I will find it really, really hard to respect you.

• Like 2

I just want to add a little context to this. According to the memo, this is a change to Title IX, which is for programs requiring federal assistance and, chiefly, the education system, and there are legitimate reasons to want to define gender by birth, especially in the case of high school and college students, namely as it reflects on athletic participation. Now I am not talking about bathrooms or locker rooms because nobody should be that focused on what's between their teammate's legs, but on the sports themselves. There has been an uptick in America (can't speak for other Western countries) of high school women's sports records being shattered and championships being won by trans women. There are a lot of people who see this as a marginalization of equity where women simply are not able to compensate from obvious physiological differences in any given sport when competing against a trans woman with a marked height and size difference. If trans women are allowed to continue to pursue other women's athletic opportunities, they risk marginalizing cis women in programs that were designed to address this inequity in the first place.

That said, it is becoming increasingly different as the gender binary dissolves further and further with each passing day to determine who belongs where and with whom. It is a quandary when the goal is "please treat us like normal human beings" but the actions demand special treatment (and it is not helped by certain people in the LGBT community who plug their ears and just yell louder about what they deserve when someone asks "how are we supposed to do that?") so it puts federal programs, especially this one that is based on the discrimination of sex, in a huge predicament.

But Title IX also has roots in cases of sexual harassment and rape. It would be crucial for trans women and trans men to be able to identify as the gender they transitioned to in those cases so that they were properly represented and handled, especially if any headway is to be made with the number of sexual assault cases against transgender individuals.

So this is really a no-win situation. There are people who are going to be upset about this, but the question is how do we address the existing inequalities without creating more inequalities. Something has to give.

And make no mistake, you have every right to be upset about this as it relates to Trump's track record or as someone who stands to be marginalized as a result of any action taken regarding this memo, or even as someone unaffected who has empathy for those who are affected. I'm mad too. No matter how you slice any of my above statements, the Trump administration's course of action regarding Title IX is myopic and ignorant of our society at large. Changes should be made, but not in such a blunt, blanket manner. It's okay to be mad, but be mad over what's actually happening, and not what the article is exaggerating it to be.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, ForbiddenFruit said:

I'm sure the small government crowd will be all over this one, willing to stand up for the cities and states which put their own ordinances into motion to protect trans people.

Any second now.

I'm a Libertarian "small government" kinda guy and I strongly support any state or local government willing to provide protections for the LGBT community that goes above and beyond what the federal government requires. 

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

He'd be a bigot if he really meant it. How long before he does his 1000th 180? If he were a bigot, at least it would be honest. Big Conservatism; the Drudge Mafia, is about to get the thrashing that it so richly deserves and has called down upon itself by supporting the well-known, long-time fraud, about whom they knew the score. Bigotry, the child of prejudice is a result of ignorance. If Trump is THAT ignorant, then he should be removed on psychological grounds. But can someone with his level of exposure to the world be a bigot, or is it more likely that he is a manipulator? Knowing how many of its own "sacred principles" that Big Conservatism violated to support him. I was tripping over myself to vote Clinton

Sorry, The Idiotic US Government is trying to figure out how to please a Complete Baffoon (President) on How to waist Millions of Tax Payers money on an unnecessary Wall Whilst being Rigged and run by the rich. Please Try your call again later. beeeep.  Wonder how No one realizes how messed up and corrupt The US Government really is. Oh my bad. (Goes into the "Conspiracy Theorist Corner for speaking the truth.)   

Two things-

This forum is restricted to use by LGBTQ persons and their supporters ONLY. 

Even though this thread deals with politics, it is NOT for politics in general, only that which directly applies to the persons who are permitted use of this forum.

Bettypooh

On 10/22/2018 at 6:29 PM, minachan16 said:

I just want to add a little context to this. According to the memo, this is a change to Title IX, which is for programs requiring federal assistance and, chiefly, the education system, and there are legitimate reasons to want to define gender by birth, especially in the case of high school and college students, namely as it reflects on athletic participation. Now I am not talking about bathrooms or locker rooms because nobody should be that focused on what's between their teammate's legs, but on the sports themselves. There has been an uptick in America (can't speak for other Western countries) of high school women's sports records being shattered and championships being won by trans women. There are a lot of people who see this as a marginalization of equity where women simply are not able to compensate from obvious physiological differences in any given sport when competing against a trans woman with a marked height and size difference. If trans women are allowed to continue to pursue other women's athletic opportunities, they risk marginalizing cis women in programs that were designed to address this inequity in the first place.

That said, it is becoming increasingly different as the gender binary dissolves further and further with each passing day to determine who belongs where and with whom. It is a quandary when the goal is "please treat us like normal human beings" but the actions demand special treatment (and it is not helped by certain people in the LGBT community who plug their ears and just yell louder about what they deserve when someone asks "how are we supposed to do that?") so it puts federal programs, especially this one that is based on the discrimination of sex, in a huge predicament.

But Title IX also has roots in cases of sexual harassment and rape. It would be crucial for trans women and trans men to be able to identify as the gender they transitioned to in those cases so that they were properly represented and handled, especially if any headway is to be made with the number of sexual assault cases against transgender individuals.

This is false. Besides the fact that women can kick men's ass, just that women are forced to play by a different set of rules; hrt must be ongoing for a year to compete and by that time, there have been significant changes. There is no problem there, same as the bathroom shit. Also, the sexual harassment protections are actually being stripped away by our awful secretary of education, worst ever in my opinion. It's obvious Trump is making a direct attack on the LGBT community to make his uneducated base feel safer while at the same time empowering white males. Betsy Devos is setting the tone and it is no surprise a rapist went free again. Kind of off topic but related since it was stated women were also being marginalized. True, but not because of trans women.

• Confused 2
  • 4 weeks later...

I can speak personally about being trans in the navy. Well not openly. I got out a few months before Obama changed things in July 2012. 

It was terrible being so oppressed with not only your job at stake but your freedom and future. I thought things would be better for the others after me but then trump happened ?