LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Northshorecare MegaMax

Thanks for your response on this topic NorthShoreAdam.

You said nothing has been changed in the specs, but that can't be so. I wear these every day and have been ordering these for the last year or more. The diapers I got look identical. What's different with this last (new) case is:

• The machine roller markings are gone. Probably because a new machine is used to shrink the diaper thickness down.
  • The outer shell is a tinny bit thinner. It's very thin feeling to the touch.
  • The lower front and back, (I repeat lower) part of the diaper feels like it has less padding. They use to feel great when you walked in them, now they feel thin. I don't even feel like I'm wearing a diaper. Most AB/DLs what to feel a little bulkiness. That is now gone in this new diaper. Where you place the padding in the diaper specifically effects how the diaper feels from other diapers. You guys had it right before.
  • And obviously the new packages are much thinner and smaller in dimensions.

I've seen so many great diapers being changed to save the company money by using a more efficient packaging. The Northshore support mentioned that people have been calling in and complaining about this diaper. But I think there are a lot more people who have NOT called in because they loved the diaper how it was. I think there were more that liked it then the few who called in.

By the way NorthShoreAdam

You're customer service and support has been outstanding. I wish you guys the best. It's been a pleasure working with your staff so far. So please don't take any of this the wrong way. Just trying to help keep things as they were.

On 10/15/2019 at 8:34 AM, crawling-in-diapers said:

Thanks for your response on this topic NorthShoreAdam.

You said nothing has been changed in the specs, but that can't be so. I wear these every day and have been ordering these for the last year or more. The diapers I got look identical. What's different with this last (new) case is:

• The machine roller markings are gone. Probably because a new machine is used to shrink the diaper thickness down.
  • The outer shell is a tinny bit thinner. It's very thin feeling to the touch.
  • The lower front and back, (I repeat lower) part of the diaper feels like it has less padding. They use to feel great when you walked in them, now they feel thin. I don't even feel like I'm wearing a diaper. Most AB/DLs what to feel a little bulkiness. That is now gone in this new diaper. Where you place the padding in the diaper specifically effects how the diaper feels from other diapers. You guys had it right before.
  • And obviously the new packages are much thinner and smaller in dimensions.

I've seen so many great diapers being changed to save the company money by using a more efficient packaging. The Northshore support mentioned that people have been calling in and complaining about this diaper. But I think there are a lot more people who have NOT called in because they loved the diaper how it was. I think there were more that liked it then the few who called in.

By the way NorthShoreAdam

You're customer service and support has been outstanding. I wish you guys the best. It's been a pleasure working with your staff so far. So please don't take any of this the wrong way. Just trying to help keep things as they were.

We've completed our review of the latest batch of MegaMax and we do agree they are different unfortunately. In general they match the agreed upon specs for dimensions and weight and absorbency, but we can see they feel different and how there has been changes to certain materials and design features that could impact performance under certain circumstances.

Our conclusion is that the factory changed the machine they were made on which caused many subtle changes. We were never notified of this and did not approve any changes. This is always a risk with Chinese manufacturers. My guess is that other popular brands will be affected the same way.

We have representatives traveling to China next week for a previously planned meeting and we will do our best to convince them to go back to old design. Their early responses have not been promising though. We will do our best and thank our customers for bringing this issue to our attention.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to be blunt, but the Chinese manufactures are snakes in every way and sharp. They have destroyed every great diaper ever put out. They come out with an amazing diaper and then they always end up cheapening it up under the radar, almost as though they think we won't know. Like how they manipulate their currency. But at the end of the day -You the store and we the customers makes the final decision. If they are going to change products without even informing their vendors, they don't deserve to earn even a dollar.

Keep up the good work NorthShoreAdam. Remember, it's yours and my hands that reach into our pockets . We pay their paychecks. The Chinese could do what they want, but a sneaky business model will get them only so far

By the way, Adam

Just wanted to once again point something out: It's not such much to do with how much the old diaper could hold that that go me down about the new diapers. It's that I loved how the first two cases I ordered a year ago from (batch HY20 186 10) had a very bulky feeling at the lower part of the diaper in the front and back. When you walked you could feel the padding as though the diaper was longer then most other diapers and also had a more loaded feeling even when they were dry. The new diapers don't have that long and bulky feeling at the lower part of the diaper. The old mega max were the only diapers I've ever experienced that had this unique feel. They were a dream come true after I was devastated when Rearz discontinued their vintage PE backed all white diapers. Then Rearz also ruined their Inspire originals by adding an ugly wetness indicator. I have not returned to Rearz since.

• Like 1

I once read about what I remember as Chinese manufacturing, but it could be Viet Nam or Korea.  Years ago there was one company only that manufactured refrigerators in that country.  If you wanted a refrigerator, you had only that one choice.  They were made so poorly they broke down and were useless.  Finally the state stepped in, took the company president and board members out and shot them all in the back of their heads for poor product and no help for those who bought it.  I wouldn't go that far, but to produce a very sub par product, charge top dollar and pocket money for it for yourself (the China manufacturers) is probably what happened with the changes in the Mega Max from China.

• Like 1

I also just got my case of 10 today and it’s the same thing. Luckily I still have an original MegaMax as a comparison and these new ones are border line pathetic. I can’t say I’m a fan for paying more with this new tariff only to receive less than quality of the original product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
I also just got my case of 10 today and it’s the same thing. Luckily I still have an original MegaMax as a comparison and these new ones are border line pathetic.

I also am using a recent package of MegaMax. I did notice the change in thickness, but as a heavy wetter, I have obviously become too confident while wearing my high capacity MegaMax diapers for long term use at work. For the first time ever, my recently received MegaMax Diaper began to leak hours before the end of my work day. I was mortified! So now I’ll have to begin wearing an extra booster inside my MegaMax just like I use to do with all the other other brands. [emoji20]
7 hours ago, Voksenbleie.Komfort@gmail.com said:

I also am using a recent package of MegaMax. I did notice the change in thickness, but as a heavy wetter, I have obviously become too confident while wearing my high capacity MegaMax diapers for long term use at work. For the first time ever, my recently received MegaMax Diaper began to leak hours before the end of my work day. I was mortified! So now I’ll have to begin wearing an extra booster inside my MegaMax just like I use to do with all the other other brands. emoji20.png

Very sorry about this change in quality. We are working around the clock to return MegaMax to its glory. The factory made a bunch of changes without our permission. Please contact us at info@northshorecare.com and we will work with you to help through this transition period.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
On 10/24/2019 at 12:12 PM, NorthShoreAdam said:

Very sorry about this change in quality. We are working around the clock to return MegaMax to its glory. The factory made a bunch of changes without our permission. Please contact us at info@northshorecare.com and we will work with you to help through this transition period.

Just wanted to say how much we appreciate the effort you guys are putting out. You guys always try to make use (the customer) happy, and that is very rare these days.  I'm also from the Midwest and I really miss the people back home in Illinois. Moving to CA was one of the biggest mistakes of my life. I'm just not down with people here. They don't seem as personal and lack integrity in my experience so for.

I just want to thank you guys for listening and doing your best. I wish your team the best in bringing back the original all-white MegaMax. But even if you can't. Your effort in trying is so very appreciated.

@ Joep and Voksenbleie.Komf

A case of the original MegaMax diapers was sent to NorthShore last week to aid them in bringing back the originals we're all use to.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I've tried the new mega max , they're my second favorite.more absorbent than thier other offerings, fit better than most disposables.

the only diaper that i have found that is better is the Rearz Dinosaur at 6200ml, but it doesn't fit as well and the back sheet is weaker.

guess I've lucked out and missed all of the changes,maybe North shore could list the Lot numbers of the bad product.

Please.

• Like 1

OOOPS,

So last night after giving my praises , i had finished up the last of my old case of mega max,(actually I have 2 left in a go bag i use when traveling).

i started getting ready for bed ,  let's just say that i have really noticed the difference between the old and the new mega max.

what would normally last me through the night ,had to be backed up with both cloth and a pair of plastic pants.

on the other side of this, I emailed N.S. and they sent me a reply before my alarm went off.

so please relax Adam , one of your very efficient staff members is already working on this.

Thank You for the prompt service, that does mean a lot.

i don't know what the outcome will be , but for now , I'll stay positive.

all of us start out in diapers,most of us will finish in them, only a few of us will be fortunate enough to have to wear them all of the time. thank god I enjoy them.

The last Lot/Batch number from when they were still good was: HY20 186 10

Note: Northshore was sent a full pack to use to try and convince their manufacture to revert back to the old diaper. They sent a customer a shipping label to obtain one of the old HY20 186 10 packs/case to bring to a meeting they were attending with their manufacture in China.

I have this bad feeling that even though NorthShore is doing everything they can to bring this diaper back, the chances of the Chinese manufacture reverting back to their old machines seems slim to me. Considering how expensive it is to change to a new machine I doubt one store like NorthShore is going to have the power to make them comply. But I guess it also depends on how much NorthShore buys from them. I don't know why people keep doing business with the Chinese, they are snakes. They change quality without notifying their middle man customers. That kind of stunt can put a company out of business. Can't an American company manufacture these?

I want the diaper brought back exactly as it was. Not modified, but exactly. I bought this specific diaper for a reason. It's a shame. It seems like every time there is something that people really like in this world, it's always taken away. That goes for food or anything else.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, crawling-in-diapers said:

The last Lot/Batch number from when they were still good was: HY20 186 10

Note: Northshore was sent a full pack to use to try and convince their manufacture to revert back to the old diaper. They sent a customer a shipping label to obtain one of the old HY20 186 10 packs/case to bring to a meeting they were attending with their manufacture in China.

I have this bad feeling that even though NorthShore is doing everything they can to bring this diaper back, the chances of the Chinese manufacture reverting back to their old machines seems slim to me. Considering how expensive it is to change to a new machine I doubt one store like NorthShore is going to have the power to make them comply. But I guess it also depends on how much NorthShore buys from them. I don't know why people keep doing business with the Chinese, they are snakes. They change quality without notifying their middle man customers. That kind of stunt can put a company out of business. Can't an American company manufacture these?

I want the diaper brought back exactly as it was. Not modified, but exactly. I bought this specific diaper for a reason. It's a shame. It seems like every time there is something that people really like in this world, it's always taken away. That goes for food or anything else.

The factory did change the machine for the May 2019 batch and after which caused the problems. Best we can tell, they changed it to a machine that could save them some money as the quantities increased. The old machine was better suited for smaller runs when MegaMax was just getting started. We are close to an agreement to move back to the original machine and we have hired someone in China who will watch quality at the factory to ensure they do not make changes again like this without our knowledge. Thanks very much for your patience.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My last order was batch HY2019901 with a manufacture date of 2019/05/30 just opened these and they were bad.

the previous order was batch# HY2018610 with a manufacture date of 2019/01/04 still have some of these, you can clearly see the zig zag creases on the Diapers through the sides of these bags, also when set next to each other the bag is clearly longer, about the thickness of an unfolded diaper. There are ten diapers in both the old and new bags, that makes the new diapers 10% thinner.

NS has agreed to send me a few of the blue samples to try the fit, that was Wednesday , haven’t seen anything yet. I guess they are incredibly busy with all of this.  So patience.

On 11/10/2019 at 6:39 PM, NorthShoreAdam said:

The factory did change the machine for the May 2019 batch and after which caused the problems. Best we can tell, they changed it to a machine that could save them some money as the quantities increased. The old machine was better suited for smaller runs when MegaMax was just getting started. We are close to an agreement to move back to the original machine and we have hired someone in China who will watch quality at the factory to ensure they do not make changes again like this without our knowledge. Thanks very much for your patience.

Thank you for taking the time to explain this and taking steps to correct it. It is appreciated. 

• Like 1

Northshore has always sent me samples when I've asked, and even send me some samples of other products when I've ordered.

If they've forgotten you, which can happen, consider contacting them on their web site and explain the situation, and I'd bet they'll make it right. 

Northshore has always been good to me.

On a order a couple of months ago, they sent me a sample underpad that fit the entire bed....

That was great, because I leaked.....and without the pad would have messed up a relatives bed when visiting for another relatives wedding.

THAT would have taken a lot of unpleasant explanation.

• Like 1

below is the last contact with north shore, edited for privacy of course.

Thank you , I look forward to trying the samples and will let you know if they work.

quarktheory

Sent: Wednesday, November 6, 2019 20:12

To: #########

Subject: Re: NorthSh: Contact Form 

I apologize for the confusion ###, we are more than willing to work with you and get this issue resolved the best we can. I will gladly send out a couple samples in the blue, to see how they work out for you. Once we find a replacement I can send out a full case for being so patient and understanding with us. And again I want to apologize for any type of inconvenience or confusions on our behalf. I look forward to hearing from you.

this was like the sixth contact. Maybe they are busy, but after this long !!!

14 hours ago, quarktheory said:

below is the last contact with north shore, edited for privacy of course.

Thank you , I look forward to trying the samples and will let you know if they work.

quarktheory

Sent: Wednesday, November 6, 2019 20:12

To: #########

Subject: Re: NorthSh: Contact Form 

I apologize for the confusion ###, we are more than willing to work with you and get this issue resolved the best we can. I will gladly send out a couple samples in the blue, to see how they work out for you. Once we find a replacement I can send out a full case for being so patient and understanding with us. And again I want to apologize for any type of inconvenience or confusions on our behalf. I look forward to hearing from you.

this was like the sixth contact. Maybe they are busy, but after this long !!!

Please send me a private message or email so I can look up your account and see what happened to the samples. Very sorry for the delay.

Sincerely,

Adam

adam@northshorecare.com

Curious if the size of the xl’s have gotten any smaller around the legs since they were originally released.. 

unfortunately I have medium to large legs with an xl tummy and I just couldn’t get the legs tight enough to where I wouldn’t get a leak. Really need to loose a good 6 inches. Think someone at ns thinks so to cus the last 3 months the sample in my monthly case has been a size medium.. ?