LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Northshorecare MegaMax

Not sure of the xl sizing, the large , however had an amazing fit around the leg( for me) until the last product run.

now , with the crotch area being less bulky, I’ve found the fit Around the legs to be lacking.

you might call them about the fit and sizing and you should mention the sizing of the samples .

I'm sure they can get it worked out . A sample does no good if it don’t fit.

On 11/19/2019 at 5:35 PM, quarktheory said:

Not sure of the xl sizing, the large , however had an amazing fit around the leg( for me) until the last product run.

now , with the crotch area being less bulky, I’ve found the fit Around the legs to be lacking.

you might call them about the fit and sizing and you should mention the sizing of the samples .

I'm sure they can get it worked out . A sample does no good if it don’t fit.

Yes, the shape changed a little in last run. Working to get old shape back in early 2020. Very sorry for the surprise changes. I wish we knew about them in advance.

On 11/19/2019 at 4:26 PM, dmavn said:

Curious if the size of the xl’s have gotten any smaller around the legs since they were originally released.. 

unfortunately I have medium to large legs with an xl tummy and I just couldn’t get the legs tight enough to where I wouldn’t get a leak. Really need to loose a good 6 inches. Think someone at ns thinks so to cus the last 3 months the sample in my monthly case has been a size medium.. ?

There have been no known changes to size XL MegaMax. Only Small, Medium, and Large were affected. XL has stayed the same.

I'm looking forward to the return of the original megamax diapers. They were the first I tried in my ventures, and now I'm spoiled I don't want to try anything else as far as plain white goes. I have a few left but I'm hesitant/reluctant to order another bag after seeing the reviews on the new ones.

Are the megamax blue the same fit and quality as the plain white megamax were? I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the dark blue but they're so comfortable and reliable that I don't want to wait or find a replacement in the meantime. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, MewKittyKat said:

I'm looking forward to the return of the original megamax diapers. They were the first I tried in my ventures, and now I'm spoiled I don't want to try anything else as far as plain white goes. I have a few left but I'm hesitant/reluctant to order another bag after seeing the reviews on the new ones.

Are the megamax blue the same fit and quality as the plain white megamax were? I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the dark blue but they're so comfortable and reliable that I don't want to wait or find a replacement in the meantime. 

The blue are not the same as earlier batches of white. They are good and better than the May 2019 lot of white for sure, but the leg shape and a few other things are slightly different.

We hope to move both white and blue back to original design but it looks like it will be a few months until they arrive, unfortunately.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, discodiaper said:

Any plans on getting a distributor for Canada?

Would love to have these as an option. 

We are evaluating options for better distribution in Canada for all our products. Expect to have some decisions in 2020. Thanks very much for your interest!

Okay -- so I went to the store looking aat the various types of diapers -- the supermarket only stocks two types, and the pharmacy I think three... but the other store where I regularly purchased diapers (it seems the generic one I used to use eight years ago is no longer there) stocks Northshorecare. I have been reading and waching some reviews, and this brand comes highly recommended. The issue is that it is also, here at least, easily the most expensive. If it is worth it, I might go for it, but I have had bad experiences before, and also find sometimes the cheaapest thing works best.

So -- question -- is the brand worth it? And do the types of diapers made by the brand differ in terms of diaper experience?

Okay -- so I went to the store looking aat the various types of diapers -- the supermarket only stocks two types, and the pharmacy I think three... but the other store where I regularly purchased diapers (it seems the generic one I used to use eight years ago is no longer there) stocks Northshorecare. I have been reading and waching some reviews, and this brand comes highly recommended. The issue is that it is also, here at least, easily the most expensive. If it is worth it, I might go for it, but I have had bad experiences before, and also find sometimes the cheaapest thing works best.
So -- question -- is the brand worth it? And do the types of diapers made by the brand differ in terms of diaper experience?

Yes it’s worth it, by far the best product on the market. Buy as many as you can while they’re available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
On 11/24/2019 at 7:30 PM, NorthShoreAdam said:

The blue are not the same as earlier batches of white. They are good and better than the May 2019 lot of white for sure, but the leg shape and a few other things are slightly different.

We hope to move both white and blue back to original design but it looks like it will be a few months until they arrive, unfortunately.

I sincerely appreciate your fast response.
A few months isn't bad! I'll be waiting, I have nothing but patience. In the meantime I've inquired for a sample set to try the changes out for myself. Maybe I won't mind them!
 I really appreciate your brand and the quality care and service it provides to their customer base. Thanks for your time.

• Like 1

It is extremely important to me (one of the key reasons why I detested Comfrey which I ried last month) that it is obvious when one has wet oneself. My best diaper memory was around 2011 when I was wearing a diaper and I wet myself before my ex (now - wife at the time) came out of the kitchen. She just stared at me. My diaper was fully wet. It is extremely importsnt to me that it is obvious to whoever might be present, that I am wet... (I had to change myself 24 hours later when I wet again and leaked).  I both believe in and dream of being made to take resposibility for my actions. Does this diaper allow for that, ie most importantly, that it is visible to whoever may be present that the diaper is wet? Sorry for these... could one really call them silly? ... questions. I am on a serious budget, although that might change very soon, and wasting money on a diaper is not the best way to have a good feeling about it.

It is extremely important to me (one of the key reasons why I detested Comfrey which I ried last month) that it is obvious when one has wet oneself. My best diaper memory was around 2011 when I was wearing a diaper and I wet myself before my ex (now - wife at the time) came out of the kitchen. She just stared at me. My diaper was fully wet. It is extremely importsnt to me that it is obvious to whoever might be present, that I am wet... (I had to change myself 24 hours later when I wet again and leaked).  I both believe in and dream of being made to take resposibility for my actions. Does this diaper allow for that, ie most importantly, that it is visible to whoever may be present that the diaper is wet? Sorry for these... could one really call them silly? ... questions. I am on a serious budget, although that might change very soon, and wasting money on a diaper is not the best way to have a good feeling about it.

They’re pretty thick but you can wear something slimmer from northshore or any diaper for that matter, you’ll just have to change more frequently

• 2 weeks later...

I normally wear a size medium MegaMax. These are most comfortable diaper I have ever worn. They also hold highest (leak free) volume of wetness from my experience. But being the curious person I tried out the size small mailed as free sample 4 months ago. And wow. Because the leak guards are tightly snugged against my skin as smaller size I am wearing in these photos, after 12 hours and a LOT of wetness they really could not leak.4bb8b2a2dfd00c57c7fb3347fd8ff107.jpgThen after 14 hours they are feeling like a big bulging warm water ballon ready to burst! But still no leaking. When my helper insists to remove this diaper she complained to me because I am heavy wetter, they are “much too heavy now” and scolded me a little for keeping these on for 14 hours. [emoji3526] These really are amazing well designed diaper! 26881af24033a30d04c16e881765d436.plist

First, thank you north shore Adam, and thank you also to all of the team at north shore.

all of you have been great with a problem that your supplier has dumped on you.

please pass this on to them “they are very inconsistent and should work harder to correct this dishonor “

they will understand after they translate it.

also, I am guessing that the last run of the large white mega max has a wider leg opening . I am wondering , as I think I might be able to fit into the medium. It being smaller, I might be able to get a better fit. I have requested a sample to see if this is the case.

12 minutes ago, quarktheory said:

First, thank you north shore Adam, and thank you also to all of the team at north shore.

all of you have been great with a problem that your supplier has dumped on you.

please pass this on to them “they are very inconsistent and should work harder to correct this dishonor “

they will understand after they translate it.

also, I am guessing that the last run of the large white mega max has a wider leg opening . I am wondering , as I think I might be able to fit into the medium. It being smaller, I might be able to get a better fit. I have requested a sample to see if this is the case.

Thanks for your comments. We have worked this all out with the factory and they are now well aware of the problems caused by making changes without notice. We have hired an agent in China to babysit production from now on and test quality control as products come off the line to avoid this problem in the future. Thanks very much for your patience.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I received my samples in the mail.

They're not as "thick" as they were, like the honeycomb texture is flatter, but I still really LOVE the quality. They're soft, absorbent, and they fit well!!The changes aren't enough to dissuade me from buying more as they are now, especially since there are already fixes happening to reverse the issues. I'll be ordering a case soon. :)

• Like 1
On 11/10/2019 at 11:39 PM, NorthShoreAdam said:

We are close to an agreement to move back to the original machine

This is great news, I'm really really hoping you will be able to make them (Exactly) as they were.  Thanks for the update. If and when you get these back on the store front, could you put a little note somewhere on the sale page indicating the fixed version you brought back?

2 hours ago, crawling-in-diapers said:

This is great news, I'm really really hoping you will be able to make them (Exactly) as they were.  Thanks for the update. If and when you get these back on the store front, could you put a little note somewhere on the sale page indicating the fixed version you brought back?

What if they were exactly the same as before...but with a slight improvement in absorbency & wicking? Perhaps we could label them "New & Improved" or "Old but Improved"?

Wow! Shades of new coke all over again!   Just kiddin now.

ok , so now NS has an opportunity , I don’t believe they need the massive pr campaign like Coca Cola did , besides Coca Cola did all that to them selves ,like target practice at ones own foot.  Haha.

maybe a naming contest , like all of the packaging stays the same but they slap a sticker on the bag with the (new) Nick name on it.

something like “ this ain’t Coca Cola (coke)”. Or “ Blast from the past” no need to get all fancy with it all .

they have an opportunity to spend very little on advertising , let the members here and other like sites come up with something. Give the winner with the best slogan or catch phrase a free case of diapers and cred for it here.

have some stickers printed, pay someone to open the box ,slap a sticker on the bags , reseal the box then ship them as they sell.

i know it’s not That simple ,  but it could be.

just one thing that I would like to note here, myself I just leak uncontrollably most of the time, but there are a lot of AB/DL folks that would go for these diapers with a little more bulk and a childish print.

thanks again Adam for getting these back for all of us.   

quarktheory

3 hours ago, quarktheory said:

Wow! Shades of new coke all over again!   Just kiddin now.

ok , so now NS has an opportunity , I don’t believe they need the massive pr campaign like Coca Cola did , besides Coca Cola did all that to them selves ,like target practice at ones own foot.  Haha.

maybe a naming contest , like all of the packaging stays the same but they slap a sticker on the bag with the (new) Nick name on it.

something like “ this ain’t Coca Cola (coke)”. Or “ Blast from the past” no need to get all fancy with it all .

they have an opportunity to spend very little on advertising , let the members here and other like sites come up with something. Give the winner with the best slogan or catch phrase a free case of diapers and cred for it here.

have some stickers printed, pay someone to open the box ,slap a sticker on the bags , reseal the box then ship them as they sell.

i know it’s not That simple ,  but it could be.

just one thing that I would like to note here, myself I just leak uncontrollably most of the time, but there are a lot of AB/DL folks that would go for these diapers with a little more bulk and a childish print.

thanks again Adam for getting these back for all of us.   

quarktheory

The labels on the front of the bags have been updated to new design so it will be easy to tell when you get new one. Additionally, the date code on the bag will have a 2020 production date.

Please note, that there have been no issues on size XL as those are still the original batch and will remain with existing design which has had no complaints.

• Like 2
I normally wear a size medium MegaMax. These are most comfortable diaper I have ever worn. They also hold highest (leak free) volume of wetness from my experience. But being the curious person I tried out the size small mailed as free sample 4 months ago. And wow. Because the leak guards are tightly snugged against my skin as smaller size I am wearing in these photos, after 12 hours and a LOT of wetness they really could not leak.Adjustments.thumb.jpg.c36d351ecda3a83ddce54e59020e7b4a.jpg Then after 14 hours they are feeling like a big bulging warm water ballon ready to burst! But still no leaking. When my helper insists to remove this diaper she complained to me because I am heavy wetter, they are “much too heavy now” and scolded me a little for keeping these on for 14 hours. [emoji3526] These really are amazing well designed diaper! Adjustments.thumb.jpg.cfde8465295aa7bd7f3e4176397722f6.jpg

I like the sagging wetness of this diaper, well done.

• Like 1

I like the wetness of this diaper, well done.cbc69a5ec2322c335fba9fe7f25017f5.plist

Thank you Andrew54! Yes. Am very heavy wetter. Yet not even tiniest leak at all in diaper I am wearing in this photo. And they not really sagging. The wetter it becomes, the more the inside absorbing material is swelling. So it looks on outside like very big water balloon but feels on inside very warm while becoming snugger and snugger like in my photo. This was size small and normally I wear medium, so leak guards are making very snug fit against softer areas of my skin. But anyway one of greatest diaper designs ever! Probably best ever. This small size diaper you see i am wearing in this photo I only receive as sample 4 maybe 5 months before. So this is original MegaMax design. Hoping NorthShore makes all MegaMax diapers like this forever.
  • Like 1

To be fair, they haven't made a big deal about it, except here. Their commercial website includes no such mention, nor should it.

It's great that Adam is transparent and open enough to explain the details to the community, and I can't in my wildest dreams imagine that it's a publicity stunt. Chinese contract manufacturers are a law unto themselves, and you often don't know there is a manufacturing issue until it's too late. The supply chain for anything made in the PRC is long and drawn out, with a good dose of deception thrown in, with assurances like "nothing has changed" and "everything is the same as before".

I'm kinda dependent on these, as I've not found a diaper like it, but have samples of all 4:

• Gen1 - darker "North Shore" logo - The original MegaMax, well built, absorbent in a way that no other diaper is!
  • Gen2 - Lighter "North Shore" logo, but same mechanical properties as Gen1- As amazing as the first.
  • Gen3 - Thinner outer shell, substantially less SAP and less "bulk" in the crotch, plus a slightly different different cut, likely made using a cheaper, higher volume process
  • GenBlue - Similar thickness and SAP distribution to Gen1 and Gen2, but still a similar cut to Gen3.

I have the utmost faith in North Shore that they'll restore the MegaMax to their original glory, and urge anyone who is critical of North Shore to consider any other manufacturer who has been as transparent and honest with the community than North Shore have been.

On 12/12/2019 at 4:20 AM, NorthShoreAdam said:

What if they were exactly the same as before...but with a slight improvement in absorbency & wicking? Perhaps we could label them "New & Improved" or "Old but Improved"?

This would be excellent!